Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
February 2008 - Iran Special Weapons News
- Iraq: Iran's President Pays Landmark Visit To Baghdad RFE/RL 29 Feb 2008 -- With President Mahmud Ahmadinejad set to pay a landmark visit to Iraq on March 2 -- the first by an Iranian leader since the 1979 Islamic revolution -- history's ironies are running thick and fast.
- Ayatollah Jannati: IAEA report testifies Iran's righteousness IRNA 29 Feb 2008 -- Substitute Friday prayers leader of Tehran Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati said here Friday that the IAEA Chief Mohammad ElBaradei's February 22 Iran report is a solid evidence of Iranian nation's righteousness and of the US failure.
- President: Enemies will fail to stop Iranians' progress IRNA 28 Feb 2008 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday that the enemies will not succeed to hinder Iranians' progress through political ploys.
- Mottaki sends letter to UN chief, member states IRNA 28 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Minister of Iran Manouchehr Mottaki sent a letter to the United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Wednesday criticizing efforts by some countries to raise baseless allegations about Iran's peaceful nuclear activities.
- Mottaki: IAEA reports prove Iran`s legitimacy IRNA 28 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki cabled a message to his counterparts at the Board of Governors of International Atomic Energy Agency, saying that recent report issued by IAEA proved that Iran has adopted a legal, transparent and responsible behavior in carrying out its obligations and observing IAEA rules and regulations.
- Iran calls on UN to give up new resolution RIA Novosti 28 Feb 2008 -- Iran's foreign minister urged the UN Security Council to give up attempts to adopt a new resolution imposing additional sanctions against the Islamic Republic, Iranian television reported Thursday.
- Ahmadinejad hails Iran's nuclear victory, accuses West of lies RIA Novosti 28 Feb 2008 -- The Iranian president has said his country has won a conclusive victory with regard to the nuclear issue, and accused the West of lying over Iran's plans for its nuclear program.
- U.S.: Intelligence Chief Assesses Security Threats From Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan RFE/RL 28 Feb 2008 -- It has been more than six years since U.S. forces entered Afghanistan to battle the Taliban and help establish a stable central government.
- Russian UN Envoy: Moscow Could Back New Sanctions Against Iran VOA 27 Feb 2008 -- Russia's envoy to the United Nations says Moscow could support new international sanctions against Iran if Tehran does not stop its uranium enrichment activities within days.
- Boroujerdi: US seeks to impose 3rd UNSC resolution on Iran IRNA 27 Feb 2008 -- Head of Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, Alaeddin Boroujerdi, said on Wednesday that the US seeks to impose the third UNSC resolutions on Iran without any legal bases.
- Mottaki: IAEA reports prove Iran's legitimacy IRNA 27 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki cabled a message on Wednesday to his counterparts at the Board of Governors of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), saying that recent report issued by IAEA proved that Iran has adopted a legal, transparent and responsible behavior in carrying out its obligations and observing IAEA rules and regulations.
- Mottaki: Iran-IAEA conclude work on Modality Plan IRNA 26 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Tuesday that Iran and IAEA have concluded work on Modality Plan and cooperation between the two sides will be continued within the NPT and IAEA's Safeguard Agreement.
- Mottaki: US should confess to its mistake on Iran's nuclear issue IRNA 26 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Tuesday that the US officials should adopt a factual stands in dealing with Iran's peaceful nuclear program and sincerely confess to their mistakes.
- Adoption of 3rd anti-Iran resolution to damage IAEA credibility IRNA 26 Feb 2008 -- Adoption of a new resolution against Iran by the UN Security Council would damage credibility of the UN nuclear watchdog, Iran's Representative to the UN, Mohammad Khazaei, said on Monday.
- Iran: Tehran Dismisses Alleged Evidence Of Secret Nuclear Program RFE/RL 26 Feb 2008 -- A U.S. National Intelligence Estimate released in December 2007 said Iran appeared to have frozen its efforts to build nuclear weapons in 2003.
- Iran's Supreme Leader hails nuclear program as 'great victory' RIA Novosti 26 Feb 2008 -- Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said his country's nuclear program has been a "great victory" and a "remarkable achievement."
- Iran wants U.S. apology over nuclear program 'mistakes' RIA Novosti 26 Feb 2008 -- The Iranian foreign minister advised Washington on Tuesday to apologize over its claims that the Islamic republic's nuclear program was geared towards the creation of nuclear weapons.
- Iranian Supreme Leader Calls Nuclear Program 'Great Success' VOA 26 Feb 2008 -- Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is praising President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for his role in turning the country's nuclear program into what he calls a "great success."
- IRAQ-IRAN: Shifting water border prompts talks with Iran IRIN 25 Feb 2008 -- The absence of dredging operations in Iraq's Shat al-Arab waterway, formed by the confluence of the Euphrates and the Tigris in the southern province of Basra, has led to erosion on the Iraqi side, a specialist has told IRIN.
- Major Powers Reaffirm Two-Track Iran Nuclear Strategy VOA 25 Feb 2008 -- Senior diplomats of major world powers, meeting in Washington Monday, reaffirmed a two-track strategy on the Iran nuclear issue
- IAEA clean health bill shocked Western governments: Vaeedi IRNA 25 Feb 2008 -- Deputy Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) for International Affairs Javad Vaeedi said on Monday that the Western governments have been shocked by the IAEA clean health bill on Iran.
- Iran urges Security Council not to damage its own credibility IRNA 25 Feb 2008 -- Iran's Permanent Representative to the United Nations Mohammad Khazaee has urged the UN Security Council to avoid inflicting more damage to the credibility and authority of the IAEA as well as that of its own.
- ElBaradei's report, 90 percent in favor of Iran: Aqazadeh IRNA 25 Feb 2008 -- Head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Reza Aqazadeh said Sunday evening that the February 22 report of the chief of the UN nuclear watchdog was 90 percent in Iran's favor.
- IAEA report indicates Iranian nation is committed to NPT, Khazaee IRNA 25 Feb 2008 -- Iran's Permanent Representative to the United Nations Mohammad Khazaee has said the IAEA report clearly indicated that Iranian nation is committed to Non-Proliferation Treaty.
- Iran says high oil prices negate effects of new UN sanctions RIA Novosti 25 Feb 2008 -- High oil prices on global markets will help Iran to compensate for negative consequences of the future UN economic sanctions against Tehran over its controversial nuclear program, the economics minister said on Monday.
- Vaeedi: Perseverance over nuclear rights key to independence IRNA 24 Feb 2008 -- Deputy Secretary of Supreme National Security Council Javad Vaeedi said here Sunday that vigilant perseverance in materializing the country's nuclear rights is the key to national independence.
- Vaeedi: Next resolution unrelated to nuclear issue IRNA 24 Feb 2008 -- The next UN Security Council resolution has nothing to do with the nuclear issue, rather it follows certain political objectives.
- IRGC: Iran attained significant success in its nuclear issue IRNA 24 Feb 2008 -- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) ground forces Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Zahedi said on Sunday that the Islamic Republic of Iran, by relying on God Almighty, attained success in its nuclear issue.
- Iran will release copy of agreement with IAEA IRNA 24 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Sunday that Iran is to publish the text of cooperation with IAEA known as Modality Plan.
- ElBaradei report shows UNSC anti-Iran resolutions are wrong IRNA 24 Feb 2008 -- Iran's senior presidential advisor Mojtaba Samareh Hashemi said here Sunday that the IAEA Chief Mohamed ElBaradei's Iran report showed that the resolutions issued by UN Security Council have been totally wrong.
- Mottaki: ElBaradei's report has created tough situation for US IRNA 24 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Sunday that the recent report issued by IAEA Chief Mohamed ElBaradei on peaceful nature of Iran's nuclear activities has created a tough situation for the US.
- Iran welcomes IAEA resolution of outstanding issues IRNA 24 Feb 2008 -- Iran has welcomed the IAEA concluding all six outstanding issues in accordance with an agreed work plan reached last August.
- Iran urges Western governments to decide on IAEA report IRNA 24 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman, Mohammad-Ali Hosseini, said members of the United Nations Security Council should decide about Iran based on existing realities.
- Iran will reciprocate sponsors of any new UN resolution IRNA 24 Feb 2008 -- Iran will make necessary decisions if a new resolution be adopted against the county under the pretext of the nuclear program, Foreign Ministry spokesman, Mohammad-Ali Hosseini, said on Sunday.
- Iran urges Western governments to respect IAEA report IRNA 24 Feb 2008 -- Iran on Sunday called on the Western governments to come to terms and respect the landmark report the UN nuclear agency released on February 22.
- Iran vows to take measures over new UN sanctions RIA Novosti 24 Feb 2008 -- Iran will act appropriately, if the UN Security Council passes a new sanctions resolution against the Islamic Republic, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said on Sunday.
- President: Iran's nuclear issue politicized by big powers IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said here Saturday that the powers, which have not been willing to see Iran's access to nuclear technology, have politicized it.
- Iran: U.S. Says IAEA Report Bolsters Case For Fresh Sanctions RFE/RL 23 Feb 2008 -- The United States says a new report by the UN's nuclear watchdog strengthens the case for fresh sanctions against Iran.
- Iran says no question remains for IAEA about its nuclear program RIA Novosti 23 Feb 2008 -- Iran has answered all questions of the UN nuclear watchdog regarding the Islamic country's nuclear activities, government spokesman Gholam-Hossein Elham said on Saturday.
- Iran: No Legal Basis for Further UN Action Against Nuclear Program VOA 23 Feb 2008 -- Iran says there is no legal basis for further U.N. Security Council action against its nuclear program, after the International Atomic Energy Agency said Tehran has made progress and has provided details about its atomic work.
- President: Iran's nuclear issue politicized by big powers IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said here Saturday that the powers, which have not been willing to see Iran's access to nuclear technology, have politicized it.
- President congratulates Supreme Leader on nuclear victory IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a message on Saturday congratulated Supreme Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei on Iranian nation's historical nuclear victory over the domineering powers.
- IAEA declares Iranian nuclear activities peaceful: Iranian envoy IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- Iran says that the report of Director General of IAEA Mohammad ElBaradei has declared that its past nuclear activities are peaceful.
- Elbaradei report shows Iran's transparency: Iranian envoy IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- Iranian ambassador to Bahrain has said that the report of the Director General of International Atomic Energy Agency Mohamed ElBaradei shows the transparency of Islamic Republic's nuclear activities.
- Diplomat: IAEA only authorized body to deal with Iran nuclear case IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- Iran's Ambassador to Uzbekistan Mohammad Fathali said on Saturday that the IAEA is the only authorized and well-credited body to comment on nuclear issues, so recent report of ts chief annulled false claims of some powers about Iran's nuclear activities.
- Diplomat: IAEA report great success for Iran IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- Iran's Charge d'Affaires to Austria Ali Meshkin-Mehr said on Saturday that the new report of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on the country's nuclear program is another great success for the Iranian people.
- No question remains for IAEA: Elham IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- Government spokesman Gholam-Hossein Elham said here on Saturday that there exists no more question for the International Atomic Energy Agency after it declared on February 22 that it was "able to verify Iranian nuclear program".
- US failed in bid to deprive Iran from nuclear right: Elham IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- The United States failed in attempt to deprive Iran of its legitimate nuclear rights, government spokesman, Gholam- Hossein Elham, said on Saturday after the UN nuclear agency said it was "able to verify Iranian nuclear program".
- Iran: UN Security Council has taken illegal action IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- Iranian Permanent Representative to United Nations said on Saturday that the report of International Atomic Energy Agency on February 22 proved that the allegations made against Iran by a few countries have been totally flawed and baseless and the actions taken by the Security Council in this regard lack any shred of logic and legality.
- IAEA report attests to civilian nature of Iran program, Khazaei IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- Iranian Permanent Representative to United Nations said on Saturday that the report of International Atomic Energy Agency on February 22 is unambiguously attesting to the exclusively peaceful nature of the nuclear program of the Islamic Republic of Iran, both in the past and at present.
- UN watchdog verifies Iranian nuclear program IRNA 23 Feb 2008 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency verified Iranian nuclear program acknowledging Iran's statement that the US and its allies have fabricated information to back up claims that Tehran is making nuclear weapons.
- GOV/2008/4: Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement and relevant provisions of Security Council resolutions 1737 (2006) and 1747 (2007) in the Islamic Republic of Iran International Atomic Energy Agency 22 Feb 2008
- IAEA's ElBaradei says Iran more transparent, but doubts remain RIA Novosti 22 Feb 2008 -- The head of the UN nuclear watchdog said on Friday Iran had become more transparent about its nuclear program, but had failed to provide credible answers to suspicions about the real nature of its nuclear program.
- Jalili advises west to abandon confrontation IRNA 22 Feb 2008 -- Iran's top nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili said here on Friday that those choosing the path to confrontation have come to realize that the method is no longer effective
- ElBaradei declares settlement of outstanding issues IRNA 22 Feb 2008 -- Director General of International Atomic Energy Agency Mohamed ElBaradei on Friday announced settlement of issues -- contamination origin at a technical university of Tehran, polonium 210 and Gachin mine.
- Outstanding issues remain for Iran, despite progress - UN atomic watchdog chief UN News Centre 22 Feb 2008 -- The head of the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said today that it has made "quite good progress" in clarifying unresolved issues over Iran's past nuclear programme, but several hurdles remain.
- IAEA: Iran More Forthcoming But Questions Remain VOA 22 Feb 2008 -- The U.N.'s nuclear watchdog agency says Iran has provided new information about its controversial nuclear program, but not in a consistent and complete manner
- New resolution on Iran introduced to UN Security Council RIA Novosti 22 Feb 2008 -- A new UN Security Council resolution calling for sanctions against Iran over its refusal to halt its nuclear program was officially introduced by France and Britain, the U.K.'s UN envoy said.
- Iran Six to discuss Iranian nuclear program on Feb. 25 RIA Novosti 22 Feb 2008 -- Iran Six negotiators will meet on February 25 in Washington to discuss Iran's controversial nuclear program, a source in the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Friday.
- UN Report Says Iran Not Open Enough About Nuclear Program VOA 22 Feb 2008 -- The U.N. nuclear agency says Iran has not been open enough about its nuclear program to prove that it is being developed for solely peaceful purposes.
- Boroujerdi: ElBaradei's report would be positive IRNA 21 Feb 2008 -- Head of Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi predicted on Thursday that the upcoming report of IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei on Iran's peaceful nuclear activities would be 'positive'.
- Iran wants to trade IAEA cooperation for right to nuclear energy RIA Novosti 20 Feb 2008 -- Iran will open its nuclear facilities to the UN nuclear watchdog for short-notice inspections only after its right to civilian nuclear power is recognized, an MP said Wednesday.
- Russia to enjoy priority in Iranian nuclear power plant tenders RIA Novosti 20 Feb 2008 -- Russia will have priority in future tenders for the construction of new nuclear power plants in the Islamic Republic, an Iranian official said on Wednesday.
- Space explorer successfully transmits scientific data IRNA 18 Feb 2008 -- The explorer, launched in the space earlier this month, has successfully transmitted scientific data back to the space center.
- Iranian rocket transmits data to Earth RIA Novosti 17 Feb 2008 -- A sounding rocket launched by Iran on February 4 as a preliminary step toward sending its first research satellite into orbit has transmitted data back to the country, national media said on Sunday.
- Iran provides IAEA with information on new centrifuges IRNA 17 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said here on Sunday that Iran provided the IAEA with data about the new generation of centrifuges in Natanz.
- Presidential advisor: Halting Iran's peaceful nuclear activities illegal IRNA 16 Feb 2008 -- Senior Presidential Advisor Mojtaba Samareh-Hashemi said on Saturday that Iran's peaceful nuclear activities are under supervision of IAEA and therefore halting it is illegal.
- Tehran says Iran Six's demand to halt nuclear program unlawful RIA Novosti 16 Feb 2008 -- A senior adviser to the Iranian president said on Saturday it is against the laws for the Iran Six negotiators to demand that Tehran halts its controversial nuclear program.
- Russia, Iran to draw up nuclear power plant operation plan by May RIA Novosti 15 Feb 2008 -- Russia and Iran will work out a plan for a joint venture to operate the Bushehr nuclear power plant in southern Iran within the next two months, a senior Atomstroyexport executive said on Friday.
- Iran president's visit to Iraq set to boost bilateral relations-PM RIA Novosti 14 Feb 2008 -- A visit by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Iraq next month will help advance bilateral relations, the Iraqi prime minister said on Thursday.
- Russia, Iran may set up JV to operate Bushehr NPP in 3 months RIA Novosti 14 Feb 2008 -- Russia and Iran could set up a joint venture to operate the Bushehr nuclear power plant in southern Iran in three months, the chief executive of Atomstroyexport said Thursday.
- IAEA to inspect Russian fuel storage at Bushehr on regular basis RIA Novosti 14 Feb 2008 -- The UN nuclear watchdog will inspect the facilities and conditions under which Russian nuclear fuel is being stored at Bushehr, southern Iran, on a permanent basis, a nuclear safety official said Thursday.
- EU Diplomats: Iran Advancing Nuclear Program VOA 13 Feb 2008 -- European Union diplomats say Iran has begun processing small amounts of uranium gas in a further step toward enhancing its nuclear capability.
- Iran's satellite is for research and commercial purpose: Hosseini IRNA 12 Feb 2008 -- Iran's satellite is for scientific, commercial and research purposes, Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said on Tuesday.
- Iran's defence spending per capita among lowest in Mideast IRNA 12 Feb 2008 -- Iran's defence expenditure per capita remains among the lowest in the Middle East region despite having the second highest population behind Egypt, according to the new publication of Military Balance.
- Olmert: Iran Building Nuclear Weapons VOA 12 Feb 2008 -- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert says his government still believes Iran is using its nuclear program to develop "non-conventional weapons."
- Iran-US talks on Iraq to be held in Baghdad IRNA 12 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said on Tuesday that the next round of Iran-US talks on Iraq is scheduled to be held in Baghdad.
- U.S.-Iran talks on Iraqi security to start in a few days RIA Novosti 12 Feb 2008 -- Talks between the United States and Iran on security in Iraq will start in the next few days, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said on Tuesday.
- Analysis: Mixed Signals on an Atomic Iran cfr.org 11 Feb 2008 -- Drafters of the U.S. National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) on Iranian nuclear capabilities might have intended for their document to clarify debate on Tehran's long-term nuclear ambitions
- Kay: Recent Iran NIE Recalls Erroneous 2003 Iraq Estimate cfr.org 11 Feb 2008
- 2 more rockets to be launched - Ahmadinejad IRNA 11 Feb 2008 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said here Monday Iran will launch two more rockets in the future.
- Ahmadinejad: Iran's nuclearization not an ordinary issue IRNA 11 Feb 2008 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said here Monday that Iran's nuclearization has not been an ordinary issue.
- Nation reaffirms NPT rights IRNA 11 Feb 2008 -- The great nation on Monday reaffirmed national resolve to attain the rights enshrined by Non-Proliferation Treaty.
- Ahmadinejad says Western 'threats' on nuclear program useless RIA Novosti 11 Feb 2008 -- Western pressure over the country's nuclear program has failed to force Iran to back down, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has told a rally on the 29th anniversary of the Islamic Revolution.
- Iran ready to discuss Iraq with U.S. after Feb. 11 RIA Novosti 08 Feb 2008 -- Iran is ready for a new round of negotiations with the United States on security in Iraq after February 11, the republic's foreign minister said on Friday.
- Iran rocket launch non-military - ambassador RIA Novosti 08 Feb 2008 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday that a new arms race had begun, but that Russia would not allow itself to be drawn into it.
- Ex-IRGC commander: No country on earth can threaten Iran IRNA 07 Feb 2008 -- Former commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi said here Wednesday that no country in the world can threaten Iran.
- Report: Grandson of Iran's Revolutionary Leader Disqualified From Election VOA 06 Feb 2008 -- An Iranian newspaper says the grandson of Iran's late revolutionary leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, has been disqualified from running in parliamentary elections.
- Iran General Staff fear U.S. attack while Bush in power RIA Novosti 06 Feb 2008 -- A U.S. military attack on Iran is possible while George Bush is U.S. president, a deputy chief of Iran's General Staff said Wednesday.
- Russia concerned over Iran's work to develop long-range missile RIA Novosti 06 Feb 2008 -- Russia is concerned over Iran's attempts to develop a long-range ballistic missile following the recent launch of a research rocket into space, a senior Russian diplomat said on Wednesday.
- Russia: Iranian Rocket Raises 'Suspicions' About Nuclear Program VOA 06 Feb 2008 -- A senior Russian diplomat says Iran's test launch of a rocket earlier this week has raised "suspicions" about the country's nuclear program.
- Iran Dismisses US Concerns Regarding Tehran Space Program VOA 05 Feb 2008 -- Iranian officials have dismissed U.S. concerns regarding the country's space program after launching a new rocket capable of carrying the first domestically-built satellite into orbit.
- Iran says space program poses no threat to peace RIA Novosti 05 Feb 2008 -- A spokesman for Iran's government gave assurances on Tuesday that the country's achievements in space technology and research pose no threat to peace and stability in the world.
- Russia calls on Iran to freeze uranium enrichment RIA Novosti 05 Feb 2008 -- Russia has called on Iran to freeze uranium enrichment until key issues in its nuclear program have been cleared up with the IAEA, a Russian deputy foreign minister has said.
- Iran launches first space research unit IRNA 04 Feb 2008 -- Iran on Monday launched its first space research unit in presence of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
- Iran tests sounding rocket, unveils first homemade satellite RIA Novosti 04 Feb 2008 -- Iran successfully launched on Monday a sounding rocket as a preliminary step toward sending its first homemade research satellite into orbit, national media said.
- Iran Test Launches Rocket Designed to Carry Homemade Satellite Into Space VOA 04 Feb 2008 -- Iran has inaugurated a new space center and says it aims to launch its own domestic-built satellite by early next year.
- Negroponte Says China Mostly 'In Sync' With U.S. on Iran cfr.org 04 Feb 2008
- Iran ready for further expansion of cooperation with Iraq IRNA 04 Feb 2008 -- Iran's Vice-President Ali Saeedlu said on Monday that Iran is ready for all-out expansion of cooperation with Iraq.
- Larijani recommends G5+1 to define next step on Iran's case IRNA 03 Feb 2008 -- Iran's former top nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani on Sunday advised the G5+1 to define its next step at a time when Iran's problems with the IAEA are about to be solved.
- No consensus in G5+1 against Iran: Hosseini IRNA 03 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said here on Sunday that there is no consensus among members of the Group 5+1 on issuing a new anti-Iran resolution.
- EP's resolution more realistic: Hosseini IRNA 03 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said here on Sunday that the recent European Parliament's resolution on Iran is more realistic compared to the previous ones.
- Iran says will review work with IAEA, if UN adopts new sanctions RIA Novosti 03 Feb 2008 -- Iran said on Sunday it would review its cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), if the UN passed a new resolution imposing sanctions against Tehran over its controversial nuclear program.
- Final consultations being made for Iran-US talks on Iraq IRNA 03 Feb 2008 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman, Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said on Sunday that final discussions were being made to determine the time and level of next round of Iran-US talks on Iraq.
- Iran's FM: Third Round of UN Sanctions Would Prove Ineffective VOA 02 Feb 2008 -- Iran's foreign minister says a new U.N. sanctions resolution aimed at pressuring Iran to curb its sensitive nuclear activities would prove ineffective.
- Iran says still negotiating purchase of Russia's S-300 systems RIA Novosti 01 Feb 2008 -- A non-official Iranian news agency quoted a top diplomat as saying on Friday that Iran is still in talks with Russia on buying advanced S-300 air defense systems, despite an earlier denial from Moscow.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list