China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC)
|China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation|
Share Holding Companies
|Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd.||Dalian Shipyard|
|Liaoning Bohai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.|
|Qingdao Beihai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.|
|Marine Machinery Enterprises||Yichang Marine Diesel Works|
|Wuhan Special Shipbuilding Equipment Plant|
|HanGuang Machinery Plant|
Research and Development Institutes
|CSIC-No.709 Research and Development Institute|
|CSIC-No.710 Research and Development Institute|
|CSIC-No.711 Research and Development Institute|
|CSIC-No.716 Research and Development Institute|
|CSIC-No.719 Research and Development Institute|
|CSIC-No.723 Research and Development Institute|
|CSIC-No.724 Research and Development Institute|
|CSIC Technology Investment Development Co., Ltd.|
The state-owned China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC) consists of 96 enterprises located in northern China, and employs over 170,000 persons. Assets include shipbuilding and industrial enterprises in Dalian, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xi'ian, Chongqing and Kunming, as well as 28 research institutes and six laboratories developing navel and civil vessels and related equipment.
In the process of the establishing and perfecting of socialist market economy system, China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC) carried out fundamental institutional restructuring. Ship building and repair enterprises and related equipment manufacturers formerly owned by CSSC in areas of Dalian, Tianjin, Wuhan, Kunming and Xi'an, together with majority of the institutes under China Ship Research & Development Academy, formed China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC), which was founded on 01 July 1999 in Beijing. This was part of the overall State Council initiative of 01 July 1999, under which the Chinese government split the top five Defense and Technology Corporations into ten new enterprises. These corporations are all large State Owned Enterprises (SOE's) under direct supervision of the State Council. These SOE's include the China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC) and the China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC).
CSIC is the largest group in China in the field of design, manufacture, and trade of military and civil ships, marine engineering and marine equipment. CSIC is a very large state owned enterprise (SOE) supervised by The State Council, a state authorised institution of investment, to combine investment with the industry, industry with trade, research and production, undertaking scientific & technological research and design on ships, civil vessels, marine equipment, production and sales of civil electro- mechanical products.
Consisting of some of the enterprises and institutes of former China State Shipbuilding Corporation (old CSSC), it has a total 97 member units, 170,000 employees, assets worth of RMB 34 billion, annual turnover of RMB11 billion, 1.1 million DWT shipbuilding output per annum. There are 48 industrial enterprises, 28 scientific & technological research institutes, 15 share holding companies in CSIC, spread in more than 20 provinces and cities in China. Among its subsidiaries, CSIC has the world renowned Dalian Shipyard, Dalian New Shipyard, Bohai Shipyard, Wuchang Shipyard, Shanhaiguan Shipyard, China Ship Research & Development Academy, China Shipbuilding Trading Company Ltd., China National Shipbuilding Equipment & Material Corporation, China Offshore Industrial Corporation, etc.
CSIC possesses the largest shipbuilding and ship repair bases, capable of undertaking research, design, manufacture and repair of various civil vessels up to the capacity of 300,000 DWT, marine engineering, surface and submersible combat vessels, naval supplementary boats, under water weapons and other related equipment. The hundreds of civil vessels, marine engineering projects and other machinery and electronics designed and built by CSIC have been exported to dozens of countries and regions. By utilizing shipbuilding and military technologies, CSIC has developed hundreds of electro-mechanic products which have been used in more than 20 domestic industries and fields such as aerospace, metallurgical, hydroelectricity, light industries, etc. The world renowned Dalian shipyard,Dalian New Shipyard, Bohai Shipyard,Shan Hai Guan Shipard, Wuchang Shipard.Dalian Marine Diesel Engine Works,China Ship Research & Development Academy,China Ship Scientific Research Center,China Shipbuilding Trading Co Ltd,China United Shipbuilding Co Ltd(Hogn Kong),China National Shipbuilding Equipment & Materials Corp and China Offshore Industrial Corp are all members of CSIC.
CSIC is the largest shipbuilding and shiprepair corporation in the country.capable of undertaking newbuilding and shiprepair of various ships including VLCCs, surface and submersible naval vessels and naval supplementary boats up to a capacity of 300 000 dwt class. Ships of this description have been exported worldwide over 50 countries and regions. CSIC also consists of the country`s main force on research and design of military ships. It has 28 scientific research institutes with over 360 major specialities involved.with about 30 000 technicians, six state-level laboratory centers, 150 large-scale laboratories and three state-level technological centers. CSIC is capable of developing and inventing new products with its strong scientific back up. CSIC is also the largest marine equipment manufacturer in the country. It has 38 plants producing marine diesel engines, marine equipment and auxiliary products including ship accessories for borh military and civilian use. Some of these products are either produced under production licenses or technological transfer. By using shipbuilding and military technologies,CSIC has strength in developing and manufacturing large turnkey equipment. It has developed and produced hundreds of nonship products that have been used in more than 20 industies and fields such as aerospace, metallurgy, hydro power, petrochemicals, tobacco, railways, coal, light industries and city construction.The nonship products are also exported worldwide.
The market task of CSIC is to strengthen its market position with core businesses on military products and shipbuilding in which the military products are on priority. It also diverts into other industries while concentrating on technological innovation and cost controlling. The main business scope of CSIC includes: managing the group and its subsidiaries assets; domestic and overseas investing and financing; research and development of military products with more focus on warships; designing, producing and repairing civilian ships, marine equipment for both domestic and overseas markets; various forms of economic and technological cooperation; and overseas turnkey project contracting, labour exporting, construction and installation. CISC is also authorized to carry out other businesses.
CSIC has developed 10 main product sections:shipbuilding,marine engineering.diesel engines,storage batteries. large steel structure fabrications,port machinery, turbochargers, tobacco machinery,gas meters and automation distribution systems. CISC is committed to realism, innovation, quality and reliability. By strategically yestructuring and streamlining the organisation, CSIC will gradually become a large group of enterprises with a solid foundation that will be able to provide first-quality products and services to both domestic and overseas clients.
The main business scope of CSIC includes: management of all the state owned assets of the corporation and its subsidiaries, domestic and overseas investment and financing, undertaking scientific research and production of military products, mainly of warships, design, production and repair of domestic and overseas civil vessels, marine equipment and other non-ship products, various forms of economic and technological co-operation, overseas turnkey project contracting, labour export, projects of production with foreign materials, engineering project contracting, engineering construction, building construction and installation, and other business authorized, required by the government and allowed by the law.
The first large order received by the recently founded China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation put an end to the history of no shipbuilding of VLCC in China. In April 2000 CSIC Dalian New Shipyard (DNS) received an order from National Iranian Tanker Company (NITC) to build five 300,000DWT VLCCs. The contract amounts to USD400 million, 1,500,000 DWT, and sets the record in total value and tonnage of a single order in Chinese shipbuilding history.
In April 2000 the State Council of The People's Republic of China and The Large Enterprises Committee of CCP Central Government issued a notification appointing the leadership of CSIC. The State Council appointed Huang Ping Tao as the president of CSIC, and Wang Hui, Yu Shi Chun, Li Chang Yin, Zhang Bi Yi as vice presidents of CSIC. The Large Enterprises Committee of CCP Central Government decided to set up CSIC CCP Leadership Group, and appointed Huang Ping Tao as The Chief Secretary, Wang Hui as the Deputy Chief Secretary, with Yu Shi Chun, Li Chang Yin, Zhang Bi Yi, Hu Ji Zheng and Chen Tian Li as members.
China Shipbuilding & offshore International Co., Ltd. (CSOC) is the trade arm of China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC). With a registered capital of 367m RMB, CSOC has been established with its shares held by 17 well established companies including China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation-the major shareholder, Dalian shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd., Bohai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd. Etc.
Csoc headquarters in Beijing ,China and set up branch offices in Moscow of Russia, Athens of Greece, Islamabad of Pakistan, Hamburg of Germany and Hong Kong of China and other countries and regions worldwide.
CSOC's main business includes R&D, design, manufacture, repair, lease, sales of ships, marine equipment, offshore engineering and equipment, naval ships and related equipment, import & export of machinery and electrical and electronics, sales in non-ship products; all forms of joint production, compensated trade, technology transfer, economic cooperation; turnkey contracts on global basis in metallurgy, petrochemical, civil construction, power station, urban construction, port, hydropower, bridge projects.
- Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Company
- Dalian Shipyard Group Co., Ltd.
- Bohai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Marine Diesel Engine Co., Ltd.
- Shenyang Liaohai Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Marine Valve Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Marine Propulsion Co., Ltd.
- Xi'an Ship Equipment Industry Company
- Shaanxi Diesel Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- Xi'an Dongfeng Instrument Factory
- Shanxi Fenxi Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Jianghuai Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Pingyang Heavy Machinery Co., Ltd.
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation hot processing technology Institute
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation Technical Archives
- Wuhan Shipbuilding Industry Company
- Wuchang Shipyard Group Limited Company
- Wuhan Marine Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Wuhan Heavy Industry Casting and Forging Co., Ltd.
- Yichang Marine Diesel Engine Co., Ltd.
- Henan Diesel Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Yichang Jiangxia Marine Machinery Co., Ltd.
- China Shipbuilding Heavy Industry South Africa Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Hubei Huazhou Heavy Industry Emergency Equipment Co., Ltd.
- China shipbuilding Heavy industry Co., Ltd. sound of the sea
- Chongqing shipbuilding industry Corporation
- Chongqing East Sichuan shipbuilding Heavy industry Co., Ltd.
- in Chongqing hydraulic Electric Co., CSIC Division
- Chongqing Hongjiang Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Yuejin Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Jiang increasing Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Hua Yu Electrical Instrument Factory
- in Chongqing Wind from Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Changping Machinery Plant in
- Chongqing Gearbox Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Changzheng Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Hengshan Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Qingping Machinery Plant
- Chongqing avant-garde instrument LLC
- Chongqing Yangtze River coating equipment LLC
- Chongqing sea wind power Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin Shipbuilding Industry Company
- Tianjin Xingang Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- China Shipbuilding Industry Group Company
- Tianjin Ship Repair Technology Research Institute
- Kunming Ship Equipment Group Co., Ltd.
- China Ship Research Institute
- China Ship Research and Design Center
- China Ship Science Research Center
- Harbin Ship Boiler Turbine Research Institute
- Shanghai Institute of Marine Equipment
- Tianjin Institute of Naval Instruments
- Wuhan Digital Engineering Research Institute
- Yichang testing technology Research Institute
- Shanghai marine diesel Engine Research Institute
- Wuhan Institute of marine electric propulsion device
- Zhengzhou Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- China shipbuilding information Center
- Hangzhou Institute of applied acoustics
- Jiangsu automation Research Institute
- Huazhong Institute of Optics
- Handan Institute purification equipment
- Wuhan 2nd ship design Institute
- Wuhan Institute of communications ship Research Institute
- Yangzhou marine electronic equipment
- Nanjing Institute of ship radar
- Luoyang ship material Research Institute
- Shanghai Institute of ship electronic equipment
- Dalian Control Surgery Institute
- Kunming Shipbuilding Equipment Research Test Center
- Qingdao Beihai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shanhaiguan Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd.
- Zibo Torch Energy Co., Ltd.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|