Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
April 2012 - Iran Special Weapons News
- Defense min: Iran enjoys high tech to design heavy-duty planes IRNA 30 Apr 2012 -- Minister of Defense and Logistics of Armed Forces Brigadier General Vahidi: Iran could attain a level of high technology to design heavy-duty airplanes.
- Hormozgan Gov: Project to turn Abu Moussa to tourism pole approved IRNA 30 Apr 2012 -- Governor of Hormozgan province said project on turning Iranian Abu Moussa Island to a tourism pole according to government ratification has been prepared and its executive phase would begin in near future.
- Arab States Hold War Games as Tensions With Iran Mount VOA 29 Apr 2012 -- Gulf Arab states are beginning two days of joint military exercises, as fears of an armed conflict with Iran continue to grow.
- Naval power, cause of Iran's strength, Navy commander IRNA 29 Apr 2012 -- Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said here on Sunday that naval power is the main cause of the Islamic Republic's strength.
- Iran Nuclear Summit: 'Expectations Will Be Very High' RFE/RL 28 Apr 2012 -- With talks between Iran and Western powers on the Persian Gulf country's nuclear program scheduled to take place in Baghdad on May 23, RFE/RL Radio Farda's Fred Andon Petrossians spoke with Middle East specialist Kenneth Katzman about the possible outcomes of this crucial summit.
- Iran slams Russian miltiary official's remarks on US missile system IRNA 28 Apr 2012 -- Iran on Saturday lashed out at a Russian military official for his surprising statement that deploying US missile system does not pose a threat to Russia.
- Mystery Surrounds 'Cyberattack' On Iranian Oil Facilities RFE/RL 24 Apr 2012 -- Iran says it is investigating a suspected cyberattack on its main oil-export terminal and on the Oil Ministry itself. As of April 24, no signs of lasting damage had been discovered, but what do we know about the attack and its potential effect on Iran's oil industry?
- Russian Military Concedes Iran, N. Korea Nuclear Threat RIA Novosti 24 Apr 2012 -- Russia's military leadership has for the first time acknowledged a nuclear threat from Iran and North Korea.
- Lifting anti-Iran sanctions, right approach - Mehmanparast IRNA 24 Apr 2012 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said on Tuesday that lifting the illegal anti-Iran sanctions would be the West's correct approach to make up for its past mistakes.
- Iran ready to confront any threat decisively: Iran's FM IRNA 24 Apr 2012 -- Iran is ready to confront any kind of threat decisively, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said here on Monday.
- Cyber attack on Iran oil industry fully foiled: official IRNA 24 Apr 2012 -- An Iranian Oil Ministry official said the attempted cyber attacks on the country's oil industry has been foiled, adding that all production and export units of his ministry are currently operating.
- Trans-regional forces are doomed: Military official IRNA 23 Apr 2012 -- Deputy commander of Army's ground forces for coordinative affairs Brigadier-General Ali Arasteh said on Monday that the trans-regional forces are doomed.
- Navy Commander says Iran is dominant power in Strait of Hormuz IRNA 22 Apr 2012 -- Islamic Revolution Guard Corps Navy Commander General Ali Fadavi said Iran is not only a supervisor but the dominant power in the Persian Gulf and Strait of Hormuz.
- Supreme Leader inspects achievements of Army's ground forces IRNA 22 Apr 2012 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei on Sunday inspected the achievements of ground forces of Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Supreme Leader: Armed Forces following religious commands, serving national interests IRNA 22 Apr 2012 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said on Sunday that the Armed Forces are following the religious commands serving national interest.
- Sanctions provided Iranian nation with opportunity: Boroujerdi IRNA 22 Apr 2012 -- Head of Majlis (Parliament) National Security and Foreign Policy said that the Iranian nation over past 30 years have turned the sanctions imposed on them into an opportunity for development and making progress in sciences and advanced technologies.
- US Lawmaker Dismisses Iran's Claims of Building Drone Copy VOA 22 Apr 2012 -- The chairman of the U.S. Senate's Homeland Security Committee is dismissing Iran's claim that it has reverse-engineered a U.S. spy drone it captured last year.
- Iran is entitled to peaceful nuclear energy: Mehmanparast IRNA 20 Apr 2012 -- Iran’s FM Spokesman Mehmanparast said that utilizing nuclear technology for peaceful purposes based on the NPT is the righteous right of Iran.
- Israeli Leaders Vow to Prevent Iran from Obtaining Nukes RIA Novosti 19 Apr 2012 -- Israeli leaders vowed to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons, saying it was a threat to the existence of the Jewish state.
- IRI Commander: Military might appropriate with threats IRNA 19 Apr 2012 -- IRI Army Commander: Army, like entire other armed forces of Iran, has increased its might and capabilities parallel and appropriate with posed threats against our country.
- Insecurity, result of arming Syria’s rebellions: Mehmanparast IRNA 19 Apr 2012 -- Unrest, killings and insecurity are consequences of arming the rebellions and provoking civil war in Syria, Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said.
- Army Commander: US unilateralist policies crisis builder IRNA 19 Apr 2012 -- IRI Army Commander said US unilateralist policies and overt and covert interventions here and there in world, such as its missile defense shield that is spreading regional among Muslim countries has become crisis builder.
- Iran excludes Britain, France from its oil exports list IRNA 19 Apr 2012 -- Iran will continue its oil exports to other countries excluding Britain and France, Oil Minister Rostam Qasemi said.
- Iran underlines sovereignty over 3 Persian Gulf islands IRNA 19 Apr 2012 -- Iranian diplomatic mission to the United Nations in a letter to UNSC rotating chairman strongly refuted baseless claims made by cerrtain Arab countries about Iran’s territorial integrity.
- Iran Asks For Help To 'Purify' Internet RFE/RL 19 Apr 2012 -- Iran’s Ministry of Communications and Information Technology is apparently seeking domestic partners to help with its Internet-filtering efforts.
- FM Spokesman: Iran optimistic about future of talks with G5+1 IRNA 18 Apr 2012 -- FM spokesman Mehmanparast said that Iran is optimistic about future of talks with G5+1 recently held in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Swiss Extend Iran Sanctions, Exempt Central Bank RFE/RL 18 Apr 2012 -- The Swiss government says it has extended financial sanctions against Iran by freezing the assets of 11 more companies and individuals.
- Iran condemns PGCC statement regarding Iranian islands IRNA 18 Apr 2012 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast deplored the repetition of unfounded claims regarding the three Iranian islands of Abu Musa, Lesser and Greater Tunbs by the Persian Gulf Cooperation Council.
- Gulf Bloc United Over Island Dispute With Iran RFE/RL 18 Apr 2012 -- Persian Gulf Arab states say they stand united in a territorial dispute between Iran and the United Arab Emirates.
- Iranian Lawmakers Submit Letter Criticizing Ahmadinejad RFE/RL 18 Apr 2012 -- A group of Iranian lawmakers has submitted a letter to the parliament speaker criticizing President Mahmud Ahmadinejad.
- Israel Critical of Iran Nuclear Talks VOA 17 Apr 2012 -- Israeli officials say European Union-led negotiations over Iran's nuclear program are giving Tehran more time to develop nuclear weapons.
- 'What If The Iranian Establishment Needed Nuclear Weapons To Survive?' RFE/RL 17 Apr 2012 -- Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei, who has the last say in all state matters, has spoken out publicly against nuclear weapons.
- Interview: U.S. Nuclear Official Samore Discusses Iran Nuclear Talks RFE/RL 17 Apr 2012 -- International negotiators say they are encouraged that Iran is taking talks about its nuclear program more seriously than past efforts due to the pressure of sanctions.
- Lavrov: Russia seriously opposed to imposing any new anti-Iran sanctions IRNA 17 Apr 2012 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov again strongly voiced Moscow’s opposition against imposing any new sanctions against Iran.
- Russia believes in innovative approach to Iran nuclear issue IRNA 17 Apr 2012 -- Russian Deputy Foreign Minister and the country’s chief nuclear negotiator Sergey Riabkov said Russia believes in an innovative approach to Iran's nuclear issue.
- Salehi: Istanbul talks, starting point to end nuclear dispute IRNA 17 Apr 2012 -- Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said Tuesday that the Istanbul talks on April 14 might be considered as a beginning to end disptues on Iran’s peaceful nuclear program.
- Iran Media Say Country Holding 'Israel-Linked Assassination Group' RFE/RL 17 Apr 2012 -- Some 15 Iranian and foreign nationals have been arrested for alleged spying for Israel, attempted assassination, and sabotage.
- Gulf Leaders Discuss UAE-Iran Island Dispute VOA 17 Apr 2012 -- Foreign ministers of the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council are holding an emergency meeting in Doha to discuss an ongoing territorial dispute between Iran and the United Arab Emirates.
- Iran Reports ‘Progress’ on Indigenous S-300 Missile RIA Novosti 17 Apr 2012 -- Iran’s Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi has announced progress in the development and manufacture of an indigenous version of the advanced Russian S-300 air defense missile system.
- Iran considering to substitute S-300 this year, defense minister IRNA 17 Apr 2012 -- Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said that his ministry is considering plans to produce a system to substitute the S-300 defense system.
- Commander: US vessels in Persian Gulf, easy targets for Iran IRNA 17 Apr 2012 -- The presence of American vessels in the Persian Gulf serves propaganda purposes for the US while they are considered as just easy targets for Iran.
- Iran Army highly capable of defending nation, Ahmadinejad IRNA 17 Apr 2012 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday that Iran’s Army will give a harsh and paralyzing response to any agressions to the nation's interests and dignity.
- Chinese Navy Commander underlines expansion of ties with Iran IRNA 17 Apr 2012 -- Chinese Navy Commander Admiral Wanng Zhauhai appreciated Iranian Army’s capabilities and experiences and underlined his country's willingness to expand ties with Iran.
- Turkey's Role in Iran Nuclear Talks Could Diminish VOA 16 Apr 2012 -- The latest talks on Iran's controversial nuclear program, held in Istanbul April 14, were viewed as productive by the participants.
- Clinton: 'Burden' on Iran to Show Seriousness in Nuclear Talks VOA 16 Apr 2012 -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has dismissed Iran's offer to resolve international concerns about its nuclear program if the West starts lifting sanctions.
- West Cautious as Iran Says Ready to Resolve Nuclear Concerns VOA 16 Apr 2012 -- Iran's foreign minister says Tehran is ready to resolve concerns over its nuclear program in exchange for an easing of sanctions.
- Iran Hints It's Open To Discussing Enrichment Levels RFE/RL 16 Apr 2012 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi says Iran will not give up its right to enrich uranium but hinted that the level of its enrichment is open to discussion.
- Germany highlights road map for Iran talks ahead of Baghdad meeting IRNA 16 Apr 2012 -- The five UN veto powers plus Germany will 'soon' hold expert-levels talks with Iran geared at preparing for next month's meeting in Baghdad, German foreign ministry spokesman Andreas Peschke told the press here Monday.
- Iran, G5+1 talks held in positive atmosphere: EU's Ashton IRNA 16 Apr 2012 -- European Union’s Foreign Policy Chief Catherine Ashton said that Iran and the Group 5+1 (five permanent members of UN Security Council plus Germany) held nuclear talks in a positive atmosphere in the Turkish resort city of Istanbul.
- Salehi: IR Iran, G5+1 achieve common understanding IRNA 16 Apr 2012 -- Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said that Islamic Republic of Iran and the Group 5+1 have reached a common understanding in Istanbul.
- G5+1 acknowledged Iran's right to peaceful nuclear energy: Ryabkov IRNA 16 Apr 2012 -- Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said on Sunday that the Group 5+1 has confirmed the entitlement of the Islamic Republic of Iran to peaceful nuclear energy based on non-proliferation treaty (NPT).
- Russian Foreign Ministry describes Iran, G5+1 talks as constructive IRNA 16 Apr 2012 -- Russian Foreign Ministry in an statement on Sunday announced that the Saturday's talks between Iran and G5+1 were held in a constructive atmosphere and based on mutual respect.
- Iran doctrine:Nuclear energy for all, nuclear weapon for no one IRNA 16 Apr 2012 -- Supreme National Security Council Secretary Saeed Jalili, by referring to Iran abilities in using peaceful nuclear energy, said Iran can be a successful model for all countries for motto of 'Nuclear energy for all, nuclear weapons for no one.'
- Iran Central Bank Issues Warning After Major Credit-Card Hack RFE/RL 16 Apr 2012 -- Iran's central bank has urged all credit- and debit-cardholders in the country to change their personal identification code numbers to increase the security of their transactions.
- Detained Russian, Kazakh Nationals Freed In Iran RFE/RL 16 Apr 2012 -- Two Russian and two Kazakh nationals detained in Iran earlier this month have been freed.
- Iran Releases Detained Russians RIA Novosti 16 Apr 2012 -- Iran has released two detained Russians, but their health is “unsatisfactory,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
- Iran Begins Pumping Caspian Water To Desert RFE/RL 16 Apr 2012 -- Iran's President Mahmud Ahmadinejad has launched the first phase of a project aimed at pumping water from the Caspian Sea to a desert city in Iran's central region.
- Russia, China stress diplomatic resolution of Iran's nuclear issue IRNA 14 Apr 2012 -- Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov underscored diplomatic resolution of Iran's nuclear issue at a joint media interaction after their meeting here on Friday.
- Ashton says 5+1 carries new strategy in ongoing talks with Iran IRNA 14 Apr 2012 -- The European Union Foreign Policy Chief Catherine Ashton said the 5+1 will appear in the nuclear talks in Istanbul with a new strategy.
- Iran's knockout response to any invasion, army commander IRNA 14 Apr 2012 -- Iran's Army Commander Major General Ataollah Salehi said on Saturday that the country's armed forces will give a knockout response to any invasion in the twinkling of an eye.
- First round of talks between Iran and G5+1 ends IRNA 14 Apr 2012 -- The first round of talks between Iran and the G5+1 ended in Istanbul on Saturday.
- Ashton's spokesman: 1st round of Iran-G5+1 talks constructive IRNA 14 Apr 2012 -- Spokesman for The High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherin Ashton on Saturday described the 2.5-hour plenary session of Iran-G5+1 talks in Istanbul as constructive.
- Iran Nuclear Talks Start In Istanbul RFE/RL 14 Apr 2012 -- EU officials say that talks between Iran and six world powers in Istanbul on Tehran's nuclear program have begun in a 'positive atmosphere.'
- Iran, World Powers Resume Nuclear Talks RIA Novosti 14 Apr 2012 -- Six world powers and Iran launched a new round of talks on Saturday in a bid to end the deadlock over the country's disputed nuclear program, al Jazeera television reported.
- US strategies against Iran defeated: commander IRNA 13 Apr 2012 -- US strategies against the Islamic Republic of Iran were defeated, Commander of Iranian Army's Ground Forces Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan said on Friday.
- Iranian top nuclear negotiator arrives in Istanbul IRNA 13 Apr 2012 -- Iranian delegation, headed by Supreme National Security Council Secretary and chief nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili, arrived here on Friday.
- Russia is optimistic about outcome of Iran-G5+1 talks: Lavrov IRNA 13 Apr 2012 -- Russia is optimistic about the outcome of upcoming Iran-G5+1 talks, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said here on Friday.
- Beijing wishes constructive talks between Iran, G5+1: official IRNA 13 Apr 2012 -- China expects a constructive beginning for the Iran and the G5+1 nuclear talks, Deputy Foreign Minister of China, Ma Ja Osho, said here on Friday.
- G8 Ministers Emphasize Peaceful Solution to Iran Problem RIA Novosti 13 Apr 2012 -- The Group of Eight industrialized nations said in a statement it believes that the Iranian nuclear problem should be resolved solely by diplomatic means.
- G8 Ministers Urge Iran To Take Upcoming Talks Seriously RFE/RL 12 Apr 2012 -- the five UN Security Council members and Germany -- have been 'receiving signals' that Iran is going to bring new proposals to the table.
- President criticizes US military expedition to region IRNA 12 Apr 2012 -- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday criticized the military expedition planned by the US and its western allies into the regional countries.
- Mehmanparast: Iran's peaceful N program under full IAEA supervision IRNA 11 Apr 2012 -- Spokesman of Iran's Foreign Ministry Ramin Mehmanparast reiterated that Iran's peaceful nuclear program is under full supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
- President Ahmadinejad's remarks on nuclear rights get wide coverage IRNA 11 Apr 2012 -- The remarks of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that Iran will defend its rights received wide coverage in almost all Pakistani newspapers on Wednesday.
- Defense minister criticizes West for backing terrorist MKO IRNA 11 Apr 2012 -- Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi criticized the West for supporting the terrorist grouplet Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO).
- Terrorists affiliated to Rigi group smashed, top commander IRNA 10 Apr 2012 -- Commander of the IRGC Ground Forces Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour said a team of terrorists affiliated to the former Jondollah leader Abdolmalek Rigi was completely smashed and a number of its members were killed.
- Iran Urges West To Drop Conditions Ahead of Nuclear Talks VOA 09 Apr 2012 -- Iran has confirmed it will meet with Western powers in Istanbul Saturday but is urging them to take pre-conditions off the table ahead of the nuclear talks.
- Abbasi: Iran to do 20-percent uranium enrichment just for its needs IRNA 09 Apr 2012 -- Head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization (IAEO) Fereidoon Abbasi announced late Sunday that Iran will do 20-percent uranium enrichment just to meet its own needs.
- Iran never accepts preconditions ahead of nuclear talks with G5+1 IRNA 09 Apr 2012 -- Iran said on Monday that it never accepts preconditions ahead of the nuclear talks with Group 5+1.
- Iran Confirms Istanbul As Venue For Nuclear Talks RFE/RL 09 Apr 2012 -- Tehran has agreed to hold a fresh round of nuclear talks with world powers in Istanbul on April 14.
- Iranian Navy saves Chinese cargo ship from pirates IRNA 07 Apr 2012 -- Deputy Commander of the Iranian Navy Rear Admiral Gholam-Reza Khadem Bigham said on Saturday that the Iranian naval forces successfully saved a Chinese cargo ship from pirates in the Oman Sea.
- MP advises Group 5+1 to adopt policy of cooperation IRNA 07 Apr 2012 -- Head of Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission advised Group 5+1 to change its policy of confrontation and adopt a policy of interaction, instead.
- U.S. Missile Defense in Gulf Signals Strike on Iran RIA Novosti 06 Apr 2012 -- A US-backed plan to build a missile defense shield within the Gulf States may signal preparation for a military strike on Iran.
- Iran opposes US missile shield in Persian Gulf IRNA 06 Apr 2012 -- The Islamic Republic of Iran on Friday strongly opposed deployment of the US missile shield in the Persian Gulf region.
- FM Spokesman: Tehran-Ankara strategic relations should not be damaged IRNA 06 Apr 2012 -- FM Spokesman Mihman-parast said that Tehran-Ankara strategic ties should not be damaged.
- China demands Iran to release kidnapped Chinese ship and crew IRNA 06 Apr 2012 -- China has demanded Iran to release a kidnapped Chinese ship and its crew in the waters near Iranian coast.
- Iran Can Stop Economic, Diplomatic Sanctions AFPS 05 Apr 2012 -- Iranian government leaders can stop the pain by ending their nuclear weapons program.
- Nuclear-Armed Iran ‘Unacceptable’ – Pentagon RIA Novosti 05 Apr 2012 -- Iran must not be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons, the U.S. Department of Defense said.
- Clinton Warns Iran That Diplomatic Efforts Won't Be 'Infinite' RFE/RL 05 Apr 2012 -- The United States has again warned Iran that it must get serious about proving to the international community that its nuclear program isn't hiding weapons development activities.
- Boroujerdi: Baghdad is a suitable venue for Iran-G5+1 talks IRNA 05 Apr 2012 -- Head of Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi said Baghdad is a suitable venue for holding nuclear talks between Iran and Group 5+1.
- Iran Dismisses Turkey As Site Of Nuclear Talks RFE/RL 05 Apr 2012 -- The head of Iran’s foreign policy committee says Iran does not want Turkey to host talks with world powers over Tehran's nuclear program.
- Turkey supports Iran-G5+1 talks anywhere: Oglo IRNA 05 Apr 2012 -- Turkey supports Iran and G5+1 nuclear talks anywhere, Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmed Davoud Oglo said.
- Syria Conflict Highlights Saudi-Iran Tensions VOA 05 Apr 2012 -- The unrest in Syria highlights a larger struggle for regional influence between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
- Official Says U.S.-Russia ‘Reset’ Holds Challenge, Opportunity AFPS 04 Apr 2012 -- The strategic “reset” of relations between the United States and Russia is gradually bringing results, a senior defense policy expert said.
- Russian diplomat warns against deviation in Iran, 5+1 negotiations IRNA 04 Apr 2012 -- Russian Deputy FM said that upcoming negotiations between group 5+1 with Iran should not turn into an excuse for blaming and accusing others.
- Tehran Says Venue For Nuclear Talks Not Yet Chosen RFE/RL 04 Apr 2012 -- Iran says a venue for proposed nuclear talks with world powers has not yet been chosen.
- Iraq Says Iran Wants Nuclear Talks In Baghdad RFE/RL 04 Apr 2012 -- Iraq's Foreign Ministry says Iran has proposed holding the next round of talks with six world powers on Tehran's disputed nuclear program next week in Iraq, instead of Turkey.
- Iranian Website Pulls Interview With U.S. State Department Official RFE/RL 04 Apr 2012 -- The online publication of an interview with the U.S. State Department's Persian spokesman by a conservative Iranian website appears to have been pulled following official criticism and condemnation.
- Annan to Visit Tehran Next Week - Iran Foreign Minister RIA Novosti 04 Apr 2012 -- Kofi Annan, the United Nations and Arab League special envoy for Syrian affairs, will visit Tehran next week to discuss the Syrian issue.
- No new Iranian citizen has been kidnapped in Syria: Embassy IRNA 04 Apr 2012 -- Iranian embassy in Damascus said news about kidnapping new Iranian citizens in Syria is 'baseless'.
- Clinton Says US Expects 'Concrete Commitments' From Iran Nuclear Talks VOA 03 Apr 2012 -- The United States is expecting "concrete commitments" from this month's nuclear talks with Tehran, according to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- Baku Says No Israeli Bases For Iran Strike RIA Novosti 03 Apr 2012 -- Azerbaijan denies reports that Israel is to set up military bases aimed at Iran on its territory, Azerbaijani FM Mammadyarov said.
- Lavrov: IAEA inspectors have traced no breaching of NPT in Iran IRNA 03 Apr 2012 -- Russian FM Lavrov: IAEA inspectors have never traced any breaching of nuclear NPT agreement in their intensive and ceaseless inspections in Iranian nuclear sites.
- Iran strongly maintains Hormuz Strait security, Navy commander IRNA 03 Apr 2012 -- Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said that the Islamic Republic of Iran will powerfully bring about security to the Strait of Hormuz.
- Western Sanctions on Iranian Banks Make Trade Harder VOA 03 Apr 2012 -- The European Union's expulsion of 30 sanctioned Iranian banks from a global financial messaging service last month has made it significantly harder for Iranians using those banks to do business with foreign partners.
- U.S. Gets Conflicting Signals From Tehran On Talks RFE/RL 02 Apr 2012 -- The United States says it has not received definitive confirmation from Iran of a date and venue for talks about Tehran's nuclear program.
- Russia Supports Sending More IAEA Experts to Iran RIA Novosti 02 Apr 2012 -- More IAEA inspectors should be send to Iran, Russian Foreign Ministry Sergei Lavrov said.
- Obama operating in line with Eisenhower doctrine on Iran IRNA 02 Apr 2012 -- US President Barack Obama is operating in line with US-engineered military coup in 1953 by signing a new series of sanctions to disrupt everyday life of ordinary people.
- Germany Halts Shipment Of Execution Drug To Iran RFE/RL 02 Apr 2012 -- German customs officials said on April 2 that they have halted a shipment to Iran of a general anesthetic drug that also is used to execute people by lethal injection.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list