Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
December 2012 - Iran Special Weapons News
- Iran Navy successfully hit hypothetical targets on 4th day of Velayat 91 drill IRNA 31 Dec 2012 -- Iranian Naval forces have successfully hit hypothetical targets on the fourth day of the Velayat 91 drill in Iran's southern territorial waters off this Persian Gulf provincial region.
- Velayat 91 naval drills shows Iran's high defense capabilities: MP IRNA 31 Dec 2012 -- Velayat 91 naval drills demonstrated IR Iran's high capabilities in defending maritime border, the member of the Majlis(Parliament) Commission on National Security and Foreign Policy Mohammad Hassan Asafari said here on Sunday.
- IRGC official rejects direct talks with US IRNA 30 Dec 2012 -- Supreme Leader's deputy representative at Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Hojatoleslam Abdollah Haji Sadeghi, here on Sunday, called direct talks with US against the nation's interests.
- Azerbaijan not to allow third party to use soil against Iran: FM IRNA 30 Dec 2012 -- Azerbaijan Republic's Foreign Minister Elmar Mamedyarov reiterated here on Sunday that his country's soil will not be used as a launch pad against Iran.
- Spokesman: Cyber defense used for first time in Velayat-91 drills IRNA 30 Dec 2012 -- Cyber defense methods were used for the first time during the naval drills dubbed Velayat-91 going on in Iran's southern waters, the spokesman for the war game said.
- Drill's Spokesman: Velayat 91 Drill has message of Peace, friendship IRNA 29 Dec 2012 -- Spokesman of Velayat '91 Naval Drills said here Friday despite enemies' propagations, the message of these drills for our country's neighbors is a message of peace and frinendship.
- Iran's Naval Drill begins, foreign media begin negative propaganda IRNA 29 Dec 2012 -- Simultaneously with beginning of IRI Navy's Naval Drill Velayat '91 on Friday some western, or pro-West media began negative propagation against Iran, aimed at misleading world public opinion.
- Iran's UN envoy: US should sit for talks with constructive, realist attitude IRNA 29 Dec 2012 -- Iran's representative office the in the United Nations reacted to the false allegations and propaganda of the American daily "Wall Street Journal" about Tehran's nuclear program.
- Iran naval forces well-prepared, commander IRNA 29 Dec 2012 -- Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said Saturday that Iran's naval forces are well-prepared and in full readiness.
- Velayat-91 drills aiming to enhance regional security, minister IRNA 29 Dec 2012 -- Minister of Defense Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said on Saturday that the naval drills dubbed Velayat-91 aimed at testing new tactics and improving regional security.
- FM spokesman: Any military attacks on regional countries in line with Zionists' goals IRNA 29 Dec 2012 -- Visiting Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast announced in Istanbul on Saturday that any military attack on regional countries would serve the Zionist regime interests.
- Maneuvers aiming to strengthen defense capabilities, IRGC commander IRNA 29 Dec 2012 -- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari said on Saturday that holding drills in the country aim at strengthening the defense capabilities of the armed forces against the enemies.
- President: No obstacle can stop Iran from progress IRNA 29 Dec 2012 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said no obstacle can stop Iranians from progress and Iranians, undoubtedly, will pass current situation.
- Iran Denies Blocking Strait of Hormuz RIA Novosti 29 Dec 2012 -- Iran has rejected Western media reports it is planning to close the Strait of Hormuz during six-day naval drills.
- Iran Navy starts 6-day 'Velayat-91′ naval exercises IRNA 28 Dec 2012 -- Iranian Navy started 6-day 'Velayat 91′ naval exercises in Iran's southern waters on Friday.
- Lavrov warns about use of force in nuclear talks with Iran IRNA 28 Dec 2012 -- Use of force against Iran can bring most negative consequences, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said here on Thursday.
- Iran's navy to continue presence in international waters: Commander IRNA 28 Dec 2012 -- Islamic Republic of Iran's Navy (IRIN) would continue its presence in international waters, Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said here on Thursday.
- Iran Starts 6-Day Naval Drills RIA Novosti 28 Dec 2012 -- The Iranian Navy launched six-day naval exercises on Friday in the Strait of Hormuz rehearsing border protection and piracy control operations, the Irna news agency reported.
- PGCC states' accusations against Iran 'baseless': Spokesman IRNA 26 Dec 2012 -- Iranian Spokesperson Ramin Mihmanparast in a statement released here on Tuesday, called the accusation against Iran in the (Persian) Gulf Cooperation Council member states' Manama statement as baseless.
- Iran Stages Naval Drills in Persian Gulf RIA Novosti 26 Dec 2012 -- The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) have launched a series of naval exercises in the Persian Gulf, the semi-official Fars news agency said.
- Iranian Authorities Say 'Cyberattack' Worm Brought Under Control RFE/RL 25 Dec 2012 -- Iranian officials say they have brought under control an Internet virus that attacked computers at industrial sites in southern Iran.
- Iran Foreign Ministry warns Canada over turning into a terrorist hub IRNA 24 Dec 2012 -- Iranian Foreign Ministry warned Canada over turning into a terrorist hub.
- Lavrov: Turkey's Patriot Missiles to Counter Iran Threats RIA Novosti 24 Dec 2012 -- The deployment of NATO's advanced surface-to-air Patriot missiles is intended to counter threats not only from Syria, but from Iran as well, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Monday.
- Bushehr nuclear power plant to start full operation in 2013: Rosatom IRNA 24 Dec 2012 -- Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant is expected to be commissioned by mid-2013, Sergey Kirienko Director General of Russian State Atomic Energy Corporation 'Rosatom' said here on Monday.
- Defense minister rejects claims about Iran-North Korea missile cooperation IRNA 24 Dec 2012 -- Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi here on Monday rejected claims made by some countries that Iran and North Korea are cooperating in the field of missile.
- Enemy's economic war is aimed at taking revenge on Iranian nation: MP IRNA 23 Dec 2012 -- An Iranian legislator said on Sunday that the current economic war is not against the (Iranian) government; rather it has targeted the entire nation and that the hegemonistic powers want to take revenge on the Iranian nation for their 33-year resistance and self-sacrifice.
- Larijani: Iran's policy aims to promote peace, stability in region IRNA 23 Dec 2012 -- Majlis Speaker Ali Larijani said that Iran pursues the policy of peace and stability in the region and in Sri Lanka.
- Russia hopes for success of Iran, G5+1 talks IRNA 21 Dec 2012 -- Russian Foreign Ministry in a statement released here on Thursday voiced hope that the upcoming Iran-G5+1 talks slated for January 2013 would bear constructive results.
- Former Diplomats, Generals Urge Obama To Pursue Bolder Diplomacy With Iran RFE/RL 21 Dec 2012 -- Twenty-four former diplomats and generals have called on U.S. President Obama to pursue serious negotiations with Iran, including securing limitations on the country's nuclear program in exchange for a proportional paring back of international sanctions.
- US Hopes to Resolve Iran Nuclear Standoff in 2013 VOA 20 Dec 2012 -- Resolving Iran's nuclear standoff with the West is one of the major foreign policy challenges facing the second Obama administration. Sanctions imposed by the United States and European Union have hit the Iranian economy hard enough to possibly push Iran toward a diplomatic solution.
- Pres: Full implementing of subsidies law only way out of sanctions IRNA 20 Dec 2012 -- IRI President emphasizing only way for intact passage thru sanctions is full implementing of subsidies law said here Wednesday, 'There's nothing wrong with paying cash to people money earned from cut subsidies of fuel to manage their expenses themselves.'
- Nation will change enemy pressures to opportunities: President IRNA 20 Dec 2012 -- Nation is committed to change enemy's pressures and limitations to opportunities, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said here on Thursday.
- Defense minister: Iran to unveil new space achievements IRNA 19 Dec 2012 -- Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said Iran is to unveil new space achievements soon.
- Navy commander: Iranian Navy controls any movement in Caspian Sea IRNA 19 Dec 2012 -- Powerful Iranian Navy is monitor any movement in the Caspian Sea, Navy Commander Rear-Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said on Wednesday.
- Safavi: Big powers have to make deal with Iran to use regional interests IRNA 18 Dec 2012 -- Supreme Leader's senior advisor Brigadier General Yahya Rahim Safavi said on Tuesday big powers have to make a deal with Iran in order to use their interests in the region.
- IRGC official: Iran to endanger enemies interests if its interests threatened IRNA 18 Dec 2012 -- Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Hossein Salami said on Tuesday that enemies' interests would be targeted if Iran's interests are threatened.
- Iran, IAEA seeking to reach comprehensive agreement- Mehmanparast IRNA 18 Dec 2012 -- Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said Tuesday that Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) are seeking to reach a comprehensive agreement in their talks.
- Turkish Foreign Minister Rejects Iranian Criticism Of Patriot Deployment RFE/RL 18 Dec 2012 -- Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has rejected charges by senior Iranian officials over the deployment of Patriot antimissile systems in his country.
- Iran to Continue Uranium Enrichment - Nuclear Chief RIA Novosti 18 Dec 2012 -- Iran will not cave in to external pressure and halt 20-percent uranium enrichment, the head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization said on Tuesday.
- Iran using all potentials to design kinds of drones, minister IRNA 18 Dec 2012 -- Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said Iran is using all opportunities to design various kinds of drones.
- IRGC official: Iranian-made drones more sophisticated than US Scan Eagle IRNA 18 Dec 2012 -- IRGC Deputy Commander Brigadier General Hossein Salami said on Tuesday that Iranian-made drones are much more sophisticated than US Scan Eagle dron which was recently captured by Iranian forces over the Persian Gulf waters.
- Iran seeking sustainable security in Persian Gulf, IRGC commander IRNA 17 Dec 2012 -- Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy Commander Rear-Admiral Ali Fadavi said Monday that Iran is pursuing establishment of sustainable security in the Persian Gulf region.
- Safavi: Iran using its PG islands as defense bases IRNA 17 Dec 2012 -- Supreme Leader's Senior Advisor Brigadier General Yahya Rahim Safavi said Iran uses its Persian Gulf islands overlooking the Hormuz Strait as territorial defense bases.
- FM spokesman: Accusing Iranian nationals, part of west's anti-Iran scenario IRNA 17 Dec 2012 -- Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast says leveling accusations against Iranian nationals is part of the West's anti-Iran scenario.
- Iran issues indictments against 18 American officials IRNA 17 Dec 2012 -- Judiciary spokesman Hojjatoleslam Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei said on Monday that Iran's Judiciary has issued indictments for 18 American officials on charges of involvement in many crimes against the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- IRGC launches ScanEagle production line, commander IRNA 17 Dec 2012 -- Navy Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi announced Monday that the production line of the ScanEagle drone has been launched.
- Iran announces new 6-point peace plan for Syria IRNA 16 Dec 2012 -- Foreign Ministry on Sunday announced a new six-point peace plan for Syria.
- Iran Navy ready to expand presence in int'l waters: Commander IRNA 16 Dec 2012 -- Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said Sunday that the Iranian naval forces are ready to expand their presence in the international waters to serve national interests.
- Iran, IAEA satisfied with talks in Tehran- MP IRNA 16 Dec 2012 -- A senior lawmaker said Sunday that Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) are both satisfied with the outcome of the latest nuclear talks held in the Iranian capital.
- VP: Iran looking positively at talks with 5+1 IRNA 16 Dec 2012 -- Vice President Mohammad Reza Mir Tajeddini said Iran looks at talks with the 5+1 on its peaceful nuclear program with a positive attitude.
- Larijani: Some world powers create obstacle in Iran-G5+1 talks IRNA 16 Dec 2012 -- Majlis (Parliament) Speaker Ali Larijani lashed out at certain big powers for their efforts aimed at creating problems in the path of talks between Iran and the Group 5+1 (five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany).
- Iran criticizes deployment of Patriot missiles in Turkey as provocative IRNA 16 Dec 2012 -- Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi on Sunday criticized deployment of Patriot missiles in Turkey by the North Atlantic Treaty Organization as provocative.
- Persian Gulf sustainable security achieved only through regional cooperation, official IRNA 15 Dec 2012 -- Advisor to the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Brigadier General Yahya Rahim Safavi said that sustainable security in the Persian Gulf is available only through cooperation among regional countries.
- MP: US sanctions violate international law IRNA 15 Dec 2012 -- Deputy Chairman of Majlis Commission on National Security and Foreign Policy Mohammad Hassan Asafari said on Saturday that the US sanctions violate international law.
- Iran-IAEA one more step toward new modality IRNA 14 Dec 2012 -- 7th round of talks between Iran and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was held in Tehran on Thursday and both sides said there was progress in the talks.
- China calls for immediate talks between Iran, G 5+1 IRNA 14 Dec 2012 -- China once again underlined that West's unilateral sanctions against Iran is useless and the only solution to nuclear issue is talks.
- Iran Denies UN Experts Access to Parchin Site Again RIA Novosti 14 Dec 2012 -- Iran has denied again a request by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to allow its experts to visit a suspected Iranian nuclear site, Iranian media reported.
- IAEA senior official in Tehran IRNA 13 Dec 2012 -- Deputy Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and Head of the Safeguards Department Herman Nackaerts arrived in Tehran early Thursday and was welcomed by a number of Iranian officials.
- IAEA Team Holds Talks In Tehran RFE/RL 13 Dec 2012 -- involving Britain, France, Germany, the United States, Russia, and China -- produced no breakthrough.
- Iran denies presence of its experts in North Korea IRNA 12 Dec 2012 -- Iran's Defense Ministry strongly dismissed claims by certain western media on presence of Iranian experts in North Korea to help the country launch ballistic missiles.
- Bushehr nuclear power plant to become operational soon IRNA 12 Dec 2012 -- Head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization Fereydoun Abbasi said Wednesday that the nuclear power plant of Bushehr in southern Iran would preliminarily become operational soon.
- No technical problem in Bushehr power plant: IAEO Chief IRNA 12 Dec 2012 -- Head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization Fereydoun Abbasi said Wednesday that there is no technical problem in the Bushehr nuclear power plant in southern Iran.
- Iran Showcases Two Domestically Produced Helicopters RIA Novosti 12 Dec 2012 -- Iranian Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi unveiled two domestically-produced helicopters at an aerospace industry exhibition on Tuesday, Iranian media reported.
- Iran to stage armor war games IRNA 11 Dec 2012 -- Commander of the army's ground forces, Brigadier-General Ahmad Reza Poordastan said on Tuesday that Iran is to conduct armor war games in southeast of the country this year.
- Iran unveils two national helicopters IRNA 11 Dec 2012 -- Iran on Tuesday unveiled two national helicopters.
- FM spokesman: There are no Iranian military experts in N Korea IRNA 11 Dec 2012 -- Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast rejected rumors of presence of Iranian nuclear experts in North Korea.
- S. Leader's Envoy at IRGC: Negotiation with US against people's will IRNA 11 Dec 2012 -- Representative of Supreme Leader at Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) said here Monday negotiation with United States is retreating of people and leader and their yielding to enemy's will, despite the people's will.
- Iran completes decoding US RQ-170 Sentinel data IRNA 10 Dec 2012 -- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Aerospace unit Brigadier-General Amir Ali Hajizadeh said on Monday Iran has completed decoding data from the US advanced RQ-170 Sentinel stealth aircraft captured last year.
- Iranian defensive power has embarrassed US IRNA 10 Dec 2012 -- Deputy Commander of Armed Forces Brigadier-General Masoud Jazayeri said on Monday that Iranian defensive power has embarrassed the US.
- Sanctions cannot hamper Iran's progress: Mehmanparast IRNA 09 Dec 2012 -- Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast has termed sanctions against Iran as 'unjustified' adding that they would have no impact on Islamic Republic's trade with other countries.
- Iranian flotilla anchors in Port Sudan IRNA 08 Dec 2012 -- Iran Navy's 23rd flotilla comprising domestically-made Jamaran destroyer and Boushehr helicopter carrier anchored in Port Sudan on Saturday.
- MP: US drones capture proves Iran's capabilities IRNA 08 Dec 2012 -- Member of Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Mohammad Hasan Asafari said on Saturday that capturing of US Scan Eagle drone by IRGC forces proved the high capabilities of Iranian forces in thwarting plots of enemies.
- Lawmaker: US nuclear test undermines world peace IRNA 08 Dec 2012 -- Deputy Head of Majlis Commission on National Security and Foreign Policy Mohammad Hassan Asafari on Saturday said the US nuclear test in Nevada desert would endanger world peace.
- International bodies must condemn US nuclear test IRNA 08 Dec 2012 -- Member of Majlis Commission on National Security and Foreign Policy Mansour Haqiqatpour said on Saturday International communities which claim to be advocates of human rights must condemn US nuclear test in Nevada.
- Iran Condemns US Nuclear Test RIA Novosti 08 Dec 2012 -- Tehran has condemned the United States over a recent subcritical nuclear test as a threat to peace and stability, the Irna news agency reported on Saturday.
- Tehran: Azeri Drones on 'Spy Missions' along Iran Border RIA Novosti 08 Dec 2012 -- Azerbaijan is using drones to carry out spying missions along its border with Iran and Nagorno-Karabakh, Azerbaijan's ethnic Armenian breakaway republic, Iran's Press TV reported on Saturday.
- Mehmanparast: US, Zionists, incapable of threatening Iran IRNA 07 Dec 2012 -- Referring to capture of US ScanEagle drone by IRGC Navy, IRI Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said here Friday that this proves that US and Zionist regimes are incapable of threatening Iran.
- US has to confirm Iran's capture of American drone sooner or later, official IRNA 06 Dec 2012 -- An official of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) said Thursday that the US military officials will have to confirm, sooner or later, that the drone captured by Iran two days ago belongs to them.
- Capture of US drone proves Iran defense capabilities, MP IRNA 06 Dec 2012 -- A member of Iranian Majlis (Parliament) said on Thursday that capturing a US drone in the Persian Gulf proved Iran's capabilities to defend the country's airspace.
- Iran Urges US to Confirm Drone Capture RIA Novosti 05 Dec 2012 -- Iran said the United States should carefully review its drone records, following Washington's denial of Tehran's claims that it had captured one of them.
- US Denies Tehran Claims of Drone Capture RIA Novosti 05 Dec 2012 -- The US has “no evidence” to support Iran’s reports that it had captured a US drone in the Persian Gulf, White House spokesman Jay Carney said.
- Iranian Election Reform Could Favor Establishment Candidates RFE/RL 05 Dec 2012 -- There are months to go before Iranians choose a new president, but the Islamic regime already appears to be preparing the ground for a preferred candidate.
- The Rare 'Feeling Of Getting Your Rights From The Islamic Republic' RFE/RL 05 Dec 2012 -- Prominent Iranian lawyer Nasrin Sotoudeh ended her hunger strike earlier this week after the authorities reportedly removed a travel ban they had imposed on her young daughter.
- U.S. Navy Denies Iran 'Captured' Drone RFE/RL 04 Dec 2012 -- The U.S. Navy has denied that any of its unmanned spy planes is missing in the Middle East, despite reports that Iran has "captured" a U.S. drone.
- Iran Claims It Captured US Drone VOA 04 Dec 2012 -- A U.S. Navy spokesman says no American drones are missing in the Middle East, after Iran state media said the country has "captured" an American drone that entered Iranian airspace over Persian Gulf waters.
- Salehi says Iran will go to court of justice for US aggression by ScanEagle IRNA 04 Dec 2012 -- Iran will go to The Hague International Court of Justice to complain against US for aggression on Iran by ScanEagle.
- Iran Claims US Drone Capture RIA Novosti 04 Dec 2012 -- Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards said they had captured a US drone, the third reported incident involving Iranian forces and American unmanned aircraft in the past 12 months.
- IRGC captures spying US drone IRNA 04 Dec 2012 -- The Islamic Revolution Guards Corpse has captured a US drone in the Persian Gulf.
- Erdogan: Turkey to keep on importing oil, gas from Iran IRNA 04 Dec 2012 -- Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Teyyip Erdogan: “We do not support unilaterally imposed sanctions against Iran.”
- Iranian Activist Ends 49-day Hunger Strike VOA 04 Dec 2012 -- Iranian human rights lawyer Nasrin Sotoudeh, in prison for charges of conspiring to harm state security, has ended a 49-day hunger strike according to her husband.
- Jailed Iranian Lawyer Ends Hunger Strike RFE/RL 04 Dec 2012 -- Prominent Iranian lawyer Nasrin Sotoudeh has ended her hunger strike after 49 days, her husband Reza Khandan wrote on his Facebook page.
- UN top official calls on Iran to release human rights activist on long-running hunger strike UN News Centre 04 Dec 2012 -- A senior United Nations official urged the Iranian Government to release a lawyer and human rights activist, Nasrin Sotoudeh.
- UNHCR 'Extremely Concerned' About Jailed Iranian Activist RFE/RL 04 Dec 2012 -- The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights has voiced "extreme concern" about the reportedly deteriorating health of jailed Iranian activist Nasrin Sotoudeh.
- FM: Comprehensive political talks with US possible only with S Leaderís permission IRNA 03 Dec 2012 -- Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said only the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Ali Khamenei could decide about any comprehensive political talks with the US.
- President: Pressure on IAEA for Iran will get nowhere IRNA 03 Dec 2012 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Monday that putting pressures on International Atomic Energy Agency to provide political statements against Iran will get nowhere.
- Iran flotilla on way to Port Sudan, Navy commander IRNA 03 Dec 2012 -- Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari announced Monday that the Iranian flotilla is moving towards Port Sudan.
- Iranian Ground Forces stage drills in Khuzestan IRNA 03 Dec 2012 -- Iranian Ground Forces staged drills in open area of Khuzestan province, spokesman or Ground Forces Brigadier-General Ali Mehrabi said.
- Larijani Dismisses Concerns Over Iranian Election Bill RFE/RL 03 Dec 2012 -- Iranís parliament speaker Ali Larijani has dismissed concerns over the election reform bill that was adopted on December 2.
- Iran's State Prosecutor Says Blogger Was Beaten RFE/RL 03 Dec 2012 -- Iran's state prosecutor has told reporters that blogger Sattar Beheshti, who died in police custody last month, had been beaten.
- Navy Commander: Indian Ocean states need no outside security help IRNA 02 Dec 2012 -- Islamic Republic of Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said that the regional countries of the Indian Ocean can restore and safeguard the security of that region through mutual interaction and cooperation.
- Commander: No sanction can block Iran's progress IRNA 02 Dec 2012 -- Commander of of the Army Ground Forces Brigadier General Hamid Reza Pourdastan said on Sunday no sanction can halt the progress of Islamic Iran while it has made great achievements in science and technology in recent years.
- Foreign forces in region, source of insecurity- defense minister IRNA 01 Dec 2012 -- Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said Saturday that presence of western forces in the region is the cause of insecurity.
- Jazayeri: Soft war headquarters established by Iranian Armed Forces IRNA 01 Dec 2012 -- Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces for Cultural Affairs and Defense Publicity Brigadier General Massoud Jazayeri on Saturday announced that the soft war headquarters has been established at the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces.
- Larijani: IAEA's attitude towards Iranian nuclear program, political IRNA 01 Dec 2012 -- Majlis Speaker Ali Jarijani said on Saturday International Atomic Energy Agency deals with Iranian nuclear program in a political manner.
- Iran condemns unfair restrictions on commercial shipping industry IRNA 01 Dec 2012 -- Representative of Ports & Maritime Organization and Deputy Permanent Representative of Iran to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Ali Akbar Marzban condemned unfair restrictions on commercial shipping industry.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list