Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2012 - Iran Special Weapons News
- Iranian IAEA envoy responds to 50 crucial nuclear questions IRNA 30 Nov 2012 -- Iranian Ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali Asghar Soltanieh in a rare move responded to a total of 50 questions surrounding Iran's nuclear program.
- Iran Says Attack Cannot Stop Uranium Enrichment RFE/RL 30 Nov 2012 -- Iran says a military attack will not stop it from enriching uranium.
- Dy IRGC Chief: Resistance Economy best way to pass thru sanctions intact IRNA 29 Nov 2012 -- Deputy Commander in Chief of Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) said here Wednesday paying due attention to resistance economy norms is the best strategy and work plan for annulment of effects of sanctions and passing thru them intact.
- Iran's strategy based on rational interaction with world: Larijani IRNA 29 Nov 2012 -- Iran's human rights strategy is based on rational and wise interaction with the world, Mohammad Javad Larijani,Secretary General of the High Council for Human Rights Coucil of Judiciary Force said here Wednesday night.
- Navy, highly capable of providing national security: Defense minister IRNA 29 Nov 2012 -- Iranian Navy is highly capable of providing national security and defend its territorial waters, Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said here Thursday.
- Basij official: Weakening national economy in enemy's agenda IRNA 29 Nov 2012 -- Deputy Mobilization Basij Militia Force Commander in Cultural and Social Affairs said here Wednesday evening intensification of sanctions aimed at weakening our national economy is enemy's agenda.
- Navy commander: Iran sets new record in production of naval defensive equipment IRNA 29 Nov 2012 -- Navy commander Admiral Habibollah Sayari said on Thursday that the Islamic Republic of Iran has set a new record in mass production of naval defensive equipment.
- Amano: IAEA ready to reach agreement with Iran on new modality IRNA 29 Nov 2012 -- IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said on Thursday that IAEA expects to reach an agreement with the Islamic Republic of Iran on the new modality plan proposed by the country to help resolve nuclear dispute.
- IAEA Chief Hopes Tehran Meeting Will Aid Diplomatic Efforts RFE/RL 29 Nov 2012 -- The UN's nuclear watchdog agency says it hopes a meeting in Tehran next month with Iranian officials will strengthen diplomatic efforts to end the nuclear crisis.
- Navy monitoring, thwarting any approach to territorial waters by foreign vessels IRNA 28 Nov 2012 -- Navy Commander Rear-Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said Wednesday that the Iranian Navay is monitoring and thwarting any approach to territorial waters by foreign vessels round the clock.
- Jazayeri: Iran's navy revealed its strategic role in trans-regional developments IRNA 28 Nov 2012 -- Deputy Chief of Staff of Iran's Armed Forces Brigadier General Massoud Jazayeri on Wednesday said that the Iranian naval forces have revealed their strategic role and capabilities in trans-regional developments.
- No foreign warship allowed to approach Iran's territorial waters IRNA 28 Nov 2012 -- Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said Wednesday that the Iranian naval forces have not yet allowed any foreign warship to approach the country's territorial waters.
- Two Ghadir-class submarines joins Iran Navy IRNA 28 Nov 2012 -- Two Ghadir-class submarines joined Iran's Navy in a ceremony in this southern port city on Wednesday.
- Two hovercraft join Iranian Navy IRNA 28 Nov 2012 -- Two hovercraft joined Iran's Navy in this Persian Gulf province Wednesday during a ceremony held on the occasion of the national Navy Day (November 27).
- Iran's missile-launching warship built to enhance navy military might – commander IRNA 28 Nov 2012 -- Navy Commander Rear Admiral Amir Sayyari said Iran's Sina-7 missile-launching warship was designed and produced to enhance the country's military might.
- Arak research reactor progressing based on schedule- AEOI chief IRNA 28 Nov 2012 -- The Arak heavy water research reactor project is under way based on schedule thanked to the endeavors of the Iranian experts, Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Fereydoun Abbasi Davani said Wednesday.
- Iran Refuels Nuclear Plant RIA Novosti 28 Nov 2012 -- The Bushehr nuclear power plant has been refueled and is ready to resume operations, the IRNA news agency reported on Wednesday.
- Afghans Worry About Iran's Growing Influence VOA 27 Nov 2012 -- As the United States negotiates the scope of its presence in Afghanistan after combat forces leave in 2014, Afghan former officials and analysts are getting concerned that neighboring Iran is also seeking to shape Afghanistan's future.
- Iran decries delay for Conference on making Middle East free from nuclear weapons IRNA 27 Nov 2012 -- Iran on Tuesday decried delay for Conference on making the Middle East free from nuclear weapons scheduled to be held in Helsinki, Finland, in December, saying that the US administration has failed to honor its obligations toward Non-Proliferation Treaty.
- Safavi: Iranian nation to successfully overcome all challenges IRNA 27 Nov 2012 -- Advisor to the Supreme Leader for International Affairs, Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi said on Tuesday that Iranian nation will successfully overcome the challenges.
- Caspian Sea security needs no foreign presence, commander IRNA 27 Nov 2012 -- Commander of the Fourth Fleet of Iran's Navy Rear Admiral Khordad Hakimi said Tuesday that the littoral states of the Caspian Sea are capable of providing regional security therefore, there is no need for presence of any foreign troops.
- Two Iranian warships to take side by Sudan coasts Friday IRNA 27 Nov 2012 -- Official Sudan news agency quoted a military commander of Sudan said Monday two Iranian warships are scheduled to take side at Port Sudan on Friday, November 30th.
- Iranian Official: 'We Should Be Ready To Face Nuclear Accidents' RFE/RL 27 Nov 2012 -- A rare expression of concern about Iran’s nuclear sites and their impact on human health has been expressed by the head of the country’s accident and medical emergency center.
- Iran: No Talks with US RIA Novosti 27 Nov 2012 -- Tehran dismissed media reports about secret talks with Washington on Tuesday, saying that the alleged talks were an attempt by US politicians to encourage a bigger turnout in November presidential polls.
- Iran Navy to unveil Sina-7 heavyweight torpedoes IRNA 26 Nov 2012 -- The Islamic Republic of Iran Navy will unveil Sina-7 heavyweight torpedoes on Wednesday. The modern torpedoes carry high precision guided missiles.
- Intelligence minister: High morale of Iranians defeats enemies IRNA 25 Nov 2012 -- Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi said that high morale of the Iranian nation has prevented the enemies from achieving their mischievous goals, and lauded the Basij (volunteer forces) for their commitment to the lofty goals of the Islamic Revolution.
- Dy FM congratulates new victory to Gaza people, resistance leaders IRNA 22 Nov 2012 -- Deputy Foreign Minister in Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir-Abdollahian congratulated Wednesday congratulated new victory to Gaza people and resistance leaders, reiterating that Palestinian resistance gave crashing response to Tel Aviv.
- Afghanistan Also Pinched by Iran Sanctions VOA 22 Nov 2012 -- In the span of a few weeks, the Afghan currency has dropped several points against the dollar. Government officials and money exchangers in Kabul say that Iranian businessmen, hungry for foreign exchange in the face of international sanctions, are buying up dollars from the Afghan economy and driving the Afghani down.
- Iran Supplied Gaza with Weapons - Hamas Political Leader RIA Novosti 22 Nov 2012 -- Iran supplied Gazan militants with weapons, Khaled Meshaal, the political leader of Islamist group Hamas, said on Wednesday.
- Tehran Claims Arms Technology Transfer to Hamas RIA Novosti 22 Nov 2012 -- Iran has transferred arms production technology, but not weapons, to the Palestinian Hamas movement, an Iranian Foreign Ministry source said on Thursday.
- Iranian Leaders Say Giving Hamas Military Assistance RFE/RL 21 Nov 2012 -- Senior Iranian civilian and military leaders claim Tehran has given Hamas military assistance, including longer-range missiles.
- World Powers Want New Nuclear Talks with Iran Soon VOA 21 Nov 2012 -- Six world powers have agreed to seek renewed talks on Iran's contested nuclear program as fast as possible.
- World Powers Want New Iran Nuclear Talks 'As Soon As Possible' RFE/RL 21 Nov 2012 -- Six world powers are committed to holding a new round of nuclear negotiations with Iran as soon as possible.
- World Powers To Discuss Iran's Nuclear Program RFE/RL 21 Nov 2012 -- Six world powers are meeting in Brussels later on November 21 for talks on Iran's controversial nuclear program.
- AEOI chief refuses delay in launch of Arak reactor IRNA 21 Nov 2012 -- Head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran refused the news about possible delay in launching the heavy water reactor of Arak in central Iran.
- Iran's reaction to joint communiqué of EU and AL foreign ministers IRNA 21 Nov 2012 -- Foreign Ministry Spokesman called recent joint communiqué of foreign ministers of European Union and Arab League in Cairo 'spiteful and incorrect'.
- Khamenei Lets Ahmadinejad off the Hook VOA 21 Nov 2012 -- Spurred by Iran’s supreme leader, Iran’s parliament has backed off plans to bring president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad before the body for questioning about the faltering economy.
- Iran's Parliament Withdraws Presidential Summons Over Currency Crisis RFE/RL 21 Nov 2012 -- Iran's parliament has called off plans to question President Mahmud Ahmadinejad over his handling of the country's crippling currency crisis.
- China asks IAEA, G5+1 to enhance cooperation with Iran IRNA 20 Nov 2012 -- China once again urged IAEA, 5 permanent members of UN Security Council and Germany to enhance dialogue and cooperation with Iran to resolve Iran's nuclear issue.
- Iranian National and His Company Charged in Plot Involving Export of Military Antennas from the United States US Dept. of Justice 20 Nov 2012
- Iran rules out Saudi Arabia claim on violating its territorial waters IRNA 20 Nov 2012 -- Iran ruled out Saudi government's claim on violating territorial waters.
- Moharram maneuver aims at fostering Iran's combat readiness IRNA 20 Nov 2012 -- A military commander announced that defending the country and fostering the all-out readiness of the military forces are main objectives of conducting Moharram maneuver in the western province of Ilam.
- Concern Growing Over Health Of Iran's Detained Opposition Leaders RFE/RL 20 Nov 2012 -- Concern is growing over the health of Iranian opposition leaders Mir Hossein Musavi and Mehdi Karrubi.
- Iranian engineers innovate fueling upgrade in Bushehr power plant IRNA 19 Nov 2012 -- A team of engineers from Amir Kabir Technical University of Tehran innovated fueling upgrade in Bushehr power plant.
- Iranian Kurds Fight Discrimination, Hope for Change VOA 19 Nov 2012 -- The Kurdish minority in Iran has for decades suffered discrimination and many Kurds have been thrown into prison and executed for seeking equal rights from the Islamic government in Tehran.
- GOV/2012/55: Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement and relevant provisions of Security Council resolutions in the Islamic Republic of Iran IAEA 16 Nov 2012
- Navy commander: Iran has successfully turned sanctions into opportunities IRNA 15 Nov 2012 -- Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said on Thursday that it is for 33 years that Iran has been faced with various kinds of sanctions but it has managed to change all these sanctions into opportunities.
- Velayate-4 maneuver carries no message of threat- chief of staff IRNA 14 Nov 2012 -- Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces said Wednesday that Velayate-4 antiaircraft maneuver underway in the eastern province of South Khorassan carries no message of threat.
- Iran successfully test fires new missile systems IRNA 14 Nov 2012 -- Iran's Air Force has successfully test fired two optimized 'Qader' and 'Ya-Zahra' missile systems in the third day of the Velayat-4 air defense maneuver in this eastern province.
- Moscow to Take Up Nuclear Issue with Tehran RIA Novosti 14 Nov 2012 -- Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov will hold talks with Iran's point man on the nuclear issue Saeed Jalili, the IRNA news agency reported on Wednesday.
- Those involved in Sattar Beheshti's death are accountable IRNA 13 Nov 2012 -- Deputy Commander of the Iranian Police Brigadier General Ahmad-Reza Radan said on Tuesday that those involved in Sattar Beheshti's death are accountable.
- Iran successfully test-fires Hag missile IRNA 13 Nov 2012 -- Iran successfully test-fied mid-rangle missile 'Hag' on the second day of the joint maneuver codenamed 'Defenders of Velayat Sky IIII'.
- Velayat-4 Air Drills sign of Iranian armed forces' exemplary might IRNA 13 Nov 2012 -- Head of Khatam ul-Anbia (P) IRI Military Air Defense Base Ideological-Political Organization said here Monday Huge Velayat-4 Air Drills are sign of Iranian armed forces, including this base's exemplary might.
- Iran Unveils Missile-Launching Hovercraft RIA Novosti 13 Nov 2012 -- Iran has unveiled a domestically designed and manufactured hovercraft capable of launching missiles and aerial drones, the Iranian media reported.
- Dempsey: U.S. Will Make 'Measured Response' to Iranian Threats AFPS 12 Nov 2012 -- The attempted shootdown of an unmanned U.S. Predator aircraft is the latest example of a pattern of disturbing behavior by Iran, and the United States will take 'a measured response,' the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said today.
- Salehi rejects Amano's anti-Iran claims IRNA 12 Nov 2012 -- Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi on Monday rejected claims of the IAEA Chief Yukiya Amano that activities are going on in Parchin site to clean nuclear pollution effects.
- Soltanieh confirms Iran, IAEA to hold talks in December IRNA 12 Nov 2012 -- Iran's permanent envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency, Ali-Asghar Soltanieh, has confirmed that Iran and the IAEA will hold new round of talks.
- Iran will easily bypass western sanctions: Rahimi IRNA 12 Nov 2012 -- Iran would easily bypass West's sanctions, said First Vice-President Mohammad Reza Rahimi here Monday.
- Velayat-4 antiaircraft maneuver kicks off in eastern Iran IRNA 12 Nov 2012 -- Iran's Army air force started Velayate-4 antiaircraft maneuver in this eastern province Monday morning to display its power to protect the country from any possible air threats.
- Iranian-made satellite carrier to undergo final test IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Major General Mohammad-Ali Jafari said on Sunday that Iranian-made satellite carrier will undergo final test to put the data gathering satellite into the orbit.
- Salehi: Iran's diplomacy vis-à-vis Syria to prevent deepened crisis IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said that the Islamic Republic of Iran's diplomacy in Syria is preventing that country's crisis from becoming more deepened, as well as trying to bring back stability and tranquility to the Arab country.
- President: National reconciliation only solution to Syria problem IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said national reconciliation is the solution to Syria problem and the solution can be achieved through a free election.
- Amano: IAEA determined to resolve Iran's nuclear case IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Yukiya Amano said that IAEA will play a key role in resolving the current deadlock between the Western powers and Iran over the latters nuclear program.
- IRGC: Iran to give firmer response to airspace violations by US IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Aerospace Commander of the Islamic Revolution's Guards Corps (IRGC) warned the US against the repetition of violating Iranian airspace, and said that the American officials should realize Iran's red-lines and respect them or meet the negative consequences.
- Rezaee: Martyrdom of Tehrani Moqaddam leaves no impacts on Iran's missile program IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Secretary of the Expediency Council Mohsen Rezaee said on Sunday that martyrdom of Iranian master of missile technology Brigadier Tehrani Moqaddam will not leave any impacts on the country's missile program.
- Iran has dismissed US offer to set up emergency contact line IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Iran said on Sunday that Iranian government has dismissed US offer to set up emergency contact line with Washington.
- Top Commander: US drone had violated Iranian airspace IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Acting Commander of Islamic Republic Guard Corps Brigadier General Hossein Salami said on Sunday the Iranian military has fired on the US drone which had violated Iranian airspace over territorial waters.
- Iran confirms new round of talks with IAEA to be held in Tehran IRNA 10 Nov 2012 -- Permanent Ambassador of Iran to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali Asghar Soltanieh on Saturday confirmed new round of talks with the Agency would be held in the Iranian capital on December 13.
- Nahavandian: Sanctions cannot stop Iranian exports and economy IRNA 10 Nov 2012 -- President of Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Mine Mohammad Nahavandian said on Saturday enemies sanctions and economic pressures could not stop Iran's exports and economy.
- Letter - Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Iran The White House 09 Nov 2012
- Notice - Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Iran The White House 09 Nov 2012
- Iran Implicitly Confirms Attack on US Drone VOA 09 Nov 2012 -- Iran has confirmed a Pentagon report that two Iranian warplanes fired on an unarmed U.S. drone in the Persian Gulf last week.
- Iran Says It Will Deal With Any Intrusions Into Its Airspace RFE/RL 09 Nov 2012 -- Iran says it will deal decisively with any foreign encroachment "by air, sea, or on the ground."
- Iran Responds to US Drone Attack Claim RIA Novosti 09 Nov 2012 -- Iran has repelled an unidentified aircraft violating the country’s airspace, Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi said.
- Defense Min: Iran repels unidentified aircraft violating its airspace IRNA 09 Nov 2012 -- Defense Minister, Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi, said the Iranian military has repelled an unidentified aircraft violating the country’s airspace.
- IAEA to Resume Nuclear Talks with Iran VOA 09 Nov 2012 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency has confirmed it is resuming talks with Iran next month over its disputed nuclear program.
- Ahmadinejad Wants Direct Talks with US on Iran Nuclear Issue RIA Novosti 09 Nov 2012 -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said problems related to his country’s nuclear program must be discussed directly with the United States.
- Questions Linger about Iranian Blogger's Death VOA 09 Nov 2012 -- France and Britain are calling on Iran to explain the death in detention of an anti-government blogger who opposition activists say had been tortured.
- Iranians Attacked U.S. Drone Over International Waters AFPS 08 Nov 2012 -- A recent Iranian attack on a U.S. drone occurred over international waters, but the aircraft suffered no damage and returned safely to base, Pentagon Press Secretary George Little said.
- US Confirms Iran Fired on Drone VOA 08 Nov 2012 -- U.S. defense officials have confirmed reports that Iranian fighter jets fired on a U.S. drone over the Persian Gulf one week ago.
- Pentagon Says Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In Gulf RFE/RL 08 Nov 2012 -- The Pentagon says that an Iranian warplane fired on, but did not hit, an unarmed U.S. drone a week ago.
- Obama Win Stirs Israeli Worries Over PM's Romney Support VOA 08 Nov 2012 -- The re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama has focused attention on his sometimes tense personal relations with Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who made no secret of his leanings toward the president's challenger.
- Designations of Iranian Individuals and Entities for Censorship Activities Under the Iran Threat Reduction and Syria Human Rights Act and Executive Order 13628 US Dept. of State 08 Nov 2012
- United States Blacklists Iranian Officials, Entities Blamed For Censorship RFE/RL 08 Nov 2012 -- The U.S. State Department has imposed sanctions against four Iranian officials and five government bodies that Washington accuses of involvement in censorship activities.
- Ahmadinejad: Iran's nuclear dispute should be resolved by direct Tehran-Washington talks IRNA 08 Nov 2012 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that Iran's nuclear program has been politicized and the dispute should be resolved by direct talks between Iran and the United States.
- Report: Iran's Government Freezes Import Of 'Luxury Goods' RFE/RL 08 Nov 2012 -- Iranian state-run media say that Tehran is freezing the import of more than 2,000 products considered "luxury goods" to tackle a shortage of foreign currency due to Western sanctions.
- Will Obama Now Take A New Line On Iran? RFE/RL 07 Nov 2012 -- U.S. President Barack Obama returns to office after an election campaign in which Iran's nuclear program often dominated foreign-policy debates.
- FM dismisses British PM's vain, untrue anti-Iran claims IRNA 07 Nov 2012 -- Foreign Ministry on Wednesday condemned anti-Iran claims of British Prime Minister David Cameron.
- Israeli PM Says Will Strike Iran If Necessary RIA Novosti 06 Nov 2012 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons and said he was ready to strike the Islamic Republic’s nuclear facilities if needed.
- Tehran To Take Part In Nuclear-Free Middle East Conference RFE/RL 06 Nov 2012 -- Iran has said it would take part in a proposed international conference in December on creating a nuclear-free zone in the Middle East.
- Iran criticizes discriminatory implementation of NPT IRNA 06 Nov 2012 -- Discriminatory implementation of nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty has left many states feeling that being a party to NPT causes hinderanance of cooperation in field atomic energy.
- Jailed Iranian Women Stop Hunger Strike RFE/RL 06 Nov 2012 -- Sources in Tehran say that eight female inmates in Evin prison have stopped their hunger strike and plan to pursue legal action against prison guards whom they accuse of mistreating them.
- Israeli PM Clashed With Military Over Iran Attack RFE/RL 05 Nov 2012 -- An Israeli television documentary says Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak were rebuffed by the military when they ordered it in 2010 to prepare for an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.
- UN Says Iran Not Cooperating In Nuclear Probe RFE/RL 05 Nov 2012 -- The head of the United Nations nuclear watchdog has said Iran is refusing to provide details of its nuclear activities.
- Iran Inaugurates New Naval Base Near Disputed Islands RFE/RL 05 Nov 2012 -- Iranian state TV has reported that Tehran has inaugurated a new naval base to reinforce its authority over three disputed Persian Gulf islands.
- Iran condemns Canadian Gov't for freezing its assets IRNA 05 Nov 2012 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast denounced the Canadian government for freezing assets of the Iranian government in Canada.
- Lawmakers Summon Ahmadinejad Over Currency Crisis RFE/RL 04 Nov 2012 -- Iranian state radio reports that 77 lawmakers have signed a petition criticizing President Mahmud Ahmadinejad's handling of the country's currency crisis.
- IRGC commander: Enemies not dare impose any threat against Iran IRNA 04 Nov 2012 -- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Major General Mohammad Ali Ja’fari said that Iran’s armed forces have become so strong and powerful that no enemy would even dare impose any military threats against the country.
- IRGC forces will be present in Persian Gulf powerfully: commander IRNA 04 Nov 2012 -- The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Navy Commander Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi stressed that his forces will be present in the Persian Gulf region powerfully.
- Iran Sets up New Navy Base in Strait of Hormuz RIA Novosti 04 Nov 2012 -- Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps has established a new naval base in the Strait of Hormuz, the export route for around 25 percent of the world's crude oil.
- Iran Reportedly Builds New Advanced Drone RFE/RL 04 Nov 2012 -- Iranian media report that the country has produced a new domestically made drone.
- Iran to Showcase Vertical Takeoff Drone Soon - Agency RIA Novosti 04 Nov 2012 -- A domestically-produced unmanned aerial vehicle with vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) capability will be showcased in Iran early next year.
- Who Will Iranian-Americans Vote For? RFE/RL 02 Nov 2012 -- They are among the estimated 1.5 million Iranians who live in the United States, and their votes tell a lot.
- Ahmadinejad thanks Supreme Leader for guideline IRNA 01 Nov 2012 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a letter to the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei thanked the Supreme Leader for his insights and guidelines on how the officials should behave before the next president election.
- Several Female Prisoners On Hunger Strike In Iran RFE/RL 01 Nov 2012 -- Nine female political prisoners have started a hunger strike to protest their conditions in Tehran's Evin prison.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list