Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
February 2010 - North Korea Special Weapons News
- North Korea Weekly (February 22 - 28, 2010) National Intelligence Service
- Weekly Report on North Korea No. 984 (Feb 22 to Feb 28, 2010) ROK Ministry of Unification
- Posters Released KCNA 28 Feb 2010 -- There produced posters encouraging the masses to the struggle to implement the tasks set forth in the joint calls issued by the Central Committee and the Central Military Commission of the Workers' Party of Korea on the occasion of its 65th founding anniversary.
- Revolutionary Martyrs Enjoy Immortality KCNA 28 Feb 2010 -- Foreigners who visited the Revolutionary Martyrs Cemetery on Mt. Taesong were deeply moved to witness the great loving care shown by President Kim Il Sung and General Secretary Kim Jong Il with the revolutionary sense of obligation for the revolutionary martyrs.
- Socialist Emulation to be Powerful Engine for Great Surge KCNA 28 Feb 2010 -- High-pitched socialist emulation drive now underway on all fronts of building an economic power serves as a powerful engine for performing new miracles and achievements unprecedented in the history of the DPRK, Rodong Sinmun says in a signed article on Sunday.
- Clinton Sees Encouraging Signs For Korea Nuclear Talks VOA 26 Feb 2010 -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says she is encouraged by signs of progress in efforts to re-start Chinese-sponsored negotiations on North Korea's nuclear program. Clinton met Friday with South Korean Foreign Minister Yu Myung-Hwan.
- US Envoy Says North Korea Nuclear Talks 'Will Resume' VOA 26 Feb 2010 -- Washington's main envoy on North Korean issues says the North appears ready to get talking again about getting rid of nuclear weapons.
- KPA General Staff Blasts US-S. Korea Military Exercises KCNA 25 Feb 2010 -- The U.S. imperialists and the warmongers of the south Korean puppet army finally announced that they would stage the DPRK-targeted Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises from March 8. In this regard a spokesman for the General Staff of the Korean People's Army released the following statement Thursday:
- Rural Theses Leads to Changes in Construction KCNA 25 Feb 2010 -- President Kim Il Sung made public a famous work "Theses on the Socialist Rural Question in Our Country" on February 25, Juche 53 (1964) after clarifying in an unique way the rural question in socialist society and crystallizing it.
- Officials in Land and Environmental Conservation Meet KCNA 24 Feb 2010 -- A meeting of officials in the field of land and environmental conservation was held at the People's Palace of Culture Tuesday.
- Officials Watch Performance KCNA 24 Feb 2010 -- The Song and Dance Ensemble of the Ministry of People's Security gave a performance at the Mansudae Art Theatre on Wednesday.
- Modernization Moves Ahead in Light Industry KCNA 24 Feb 2010 -- Light industry factories and enterprises of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have directed efforts to updating production processes, developing new products and boosting output.
- Reunification by Federal Formula Called for KCNA 24 Feb 2010 -- The best way of realizing the reunification of Korea in a reasonable manner is to found a unified state of the nation by federal formula based on one nation and state and two systems and governments.
- Media Persons Called upon to Become Buglers KCNA 24 Feb 2010 -- Rodong Sinmun Wednesday editorially calls upon the journalists and other media persons to become vanguard on the ideological front and first-line buglers in the drive for devotedly defending General Secretary Kim Jong Il and achieving the prosperity of the socialist country.
- Guidelines for Creation of Musical Works KCNA 24 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il issued a famous work "Let Us Compose Revolutionary Musical Pieces Which People Love to Sing" on February 25, Juche 79 (1990).
- North Korea Nuclear Talks Gain New Momentum VOA 24 Feb 2010 -- The U.S. envoy to six party talks on resolving the North Korean nuclear issue says he and Chinese officials had useful discussions on ways to advance the stalled process.
- Anti-Aircraft Missiles Intercepted From North Korea Alarm Scientists VOA 24 Feb 2010 -- A group of American scientists is expressing alarm at a possible attempt by North Korea to ship portable anti-aircraft missile systems abroad. The missiles were part of a an airborne cargo intercepted by authorities in Thailand in December.
- Nationwide March for Reunification Called for KCNA 23 Feb 2010 -- It is beyond any doubt that a decisive turning point will be brought about in the movement for independent reunification and peace and prosperity when all the Korean people turn out as one in the grand nationwide march for reunification despite all challenges of the anti-reunification forces at home and abroad, bearing deep in mind the mission before the times and history in response to the appeal of the North Side Committee for Implementing the June 15 Joint Declaration.
- Kim Jong Il Enjoys Performance Given by Univ. Students KCNA 22 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il appreciated a performance given by student art groups of Kim Il Sung University, Kim Chaek University of Technology, Kim Hyong Jik University of Education, Kim Chol Ju University of Education, Pyongyang University of Medicine, Pyongyang University of Construction and Building-Materials Industry, Pyongyang University of Mechanical Engineering, Pyongyang University of Agriculture, Pyongyang Jang Chol Gu University of Commerce.
- Story of Kim Il Sung KCNA 22 Feb 2010 -- In May Juche 61 (1972) President Kim Il Sung provided field guidance to the Oryu Co-op Farm in Sadong District, Pyongyang.
- North Korea Weekly (February 15 - 21, 2010) National Intelligence Service
- Weekly Report on North Korea No. 983 (Feb 15 to Feb 21, 2010) ROK Ministry of Unification
- Kim Jong Il Enjoys Premiere Given by Ministry of People's Security KCNA 21 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il appreciated a premiere given by the newly-organized Song and Dance Ensemble of the Ministry of People's Security.
- Kim Jong Il Inspects Hwanghae Iron and Steel Complex KCNA 20 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il provided field guidance to the Hwanghae Iron and Steel Complex.
- US Scenario to Stifle DPRK by Force Blasted KCNA 20 Feb 2010 -- Recently high-ranking officials of the U.S. Department of Defense blustered that in case of "contingency" on the Korean Peninsula the U.S. would support the U.S. naval and air forces in the main and has secured flexibility enough to support the ground combat forces. Earlier, the U.S. secretary of Defense uttered that in case a war breaks out on the Korean Peninsula the U.S. would hurl its naval and air forces at its outset and additionally mobilize its ground force.
- US touted "Missile Threat" from DPRK Dismissed KCNA 20 Feb 2010 -- The U.S. is now asserting that the allocation of 9.9 billion U.S. dollars for the implementation of the plan for establishing the missile defense (MD) system is meant for "coping with the missile threats" from such countries as the DPRK and Iran.
- Officials Called upon to Hold "We Serve the People!" KCNA 20 Feb 2010 -- The key to winning a victory in the ongoing drive for a great surge in improving the people's standard of living is to continue holding aloft the slogan "We Serve the People!" put up by the Workers' Party of Korea, observes Rodong Sinmun Saturday in an editorial.
- Koreans Urged to Remain True to "By Our Nation Itself" KCNA 20 Feb 2010 -- The Korean nation will surely accomplish the historic cause of independent reunification under the uplifted banner of "By our nation itself" true to the idea and leadership of General Secretary Kim Jong Il, observes Rodong Sinmun Saturday in a signed article.
- US-S. Korean Joint Military Exercises Flayed KCNA 20 Feb 2010 -- The U.S. imperialists and the warmongers of the south Korean puppet army are contemplating staging the DPRK-targeted Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises across south Korea again from March 8 to 18.
- 14th Kimjongilia Festival Closes KCNA 19 Feb 2010 -- The 14th Kimjongilia Festival that opened on Feb. 12 on the occasion of General Secretary Kim Jong Il's birthday was closed with due ceremony at the Kimilsungia-Kimjongilia Exhibition on Friday.
- Programme of Modeling Society on Juche Idea KCNA 19 Feb 2010 -- Thirty-six years has elapsed since General Secretary Kim Jong Il proclaimed the programme of modeling the whole society on the Juche idea.
- KCNA Snubs Call for DPRK's Dismantlement of Nukes KCNA 19 Feb 2010 -- Piffles that "economic reward" will be given to the DPRK if it dismantles its nuclear weapons are heard from countries around the Korean Peninsula these days.
- US Accused of Disturbing Peace KCNA 19 Feb 2010 -- The U.S. vice-president recently announced the government's policy on increasing the budget for nuclear weapons, stressing the need to secure trustworthy nuclear deterrent while talking about "the reduction of nukes". Timing to coincide with this, the U.S. Department of Defense test-fired an interceptor missile.
- Anniversary of Kim Jong Il's Work Observed KCNA 19 Feb 2010 -- Rodong Sinmun Friday dedicates a signed article to the anniversary of the publication of General Secretary Kim Jong Il's work in which he declared the programme on modeling the whole society on the Juche idea.
- Tradition of Great Upsurge Carried Forward KCNA 19 Feb 2010 -- The Kim Chaek Iron and Steel Complex, a gigantic metallurgical industry base in the northern part of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, is taking the lead in a new great revolutionary upsurge with its blast, sintering, heating and electric furnaces operating at full capacity.
- Russia opposes 'endless' sanctions against North Korea RIA Novosti 19 Feb 2010 -- Russia argued on Friday against the "endless" continuation of sanctions against North Korea, saying they should be revoked once they have had their effect.
- North Korea to hold live artillery drills near South RIA Novosti 19 Feb 2010 -- North Korea is planning a show of force near its sea borders with the South as calls for a return to disarmament talks intensify, the Yonhap news agency said on Friday.
- Kim Jong Il Realizes President's Wish KCNA 18 Feb 2010 -- In recent years many rural communities of Korea including the Migok, Tongbong and Unhung co-op farms have taken on a new look to suit the socialist features of a thriving nation.
- Jagang Province Takes Lead in Building Strong Economy KCNA 18 Feb 2010 -- Jagang Province is taking the lead in the effort for turning the Democratic People's Republic of Korea into an economic power.
- Kim Jong Il Enjoys Performance of State Merited Chorus KCNA 17 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il appreciated together with KPA servicepersons a performance given by the State Merited Chorus.
- Kim Jong Il Enjoys Art Performance of KPA Unit 10215 KCNA 17 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il enjoyed a performance given by the art squad of KPA Unit 10215.
- Kim Jong Il Enjoys Art Performance of KPA Unit 963 KCNA 17 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il enjoyed a performance given by the art squad of KPA Unit 963.
- Press Conference by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs on Visit to Democratic People’s Republic of Korea United Nations 16 Feb 2010
- No soft-pedalling in talks with DPR Korea, UN political chief says after visit UN News Centre 16 Feb 2010 -- The United Nations political chief said today that he held “friendly but frank” discussions during his recent visit to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), with the UN stressing to Pyongyang that it should return to multilateral talks with preconditions.
- DPRK in Festive Mood KCNA 16 Feb 2010 -- The Korean people are celebrating the birthday of General Secretary Kim Jong Il with heartfelt gratitude and respect for him, who has wisely guided the effort for the building of a thriving nation on the basis of invincible Songun politics, exalting the dignity and power of Kim Il Sung's Korea.
- Newspapers Observe Kim Jong Il's Birthday KCNA 16 Feb 2010 -- The leading newspapers of the DPRK today dedicate editorials to the birthday of General Secretary Kim Jong Il.
- Anti-Pyongyang flyers sent from South as North marks Kim's birthday RIA Novosti 16 Feb 2010 -- North Korea celebrated the 68th birthday of its leader on Tuesday as defectors in the South launched balloons carrying propaganda leaflets towards the North, a South Korean news agency reported.
- Kim Jong Il Birthday Marked with Signs of Diplomacy VOA 16 Feb 2010 -- North Korea is celebrating one of the country's most important holidays.
- Kim Jong Il Enjoys Concert Given by Unhasu Orchestra KCNA 15 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il appreciated the concert given by the Unhasu Orchestra in celebration of the lunar New Year.
- National Meeting Held KCNA 15 Feb 2010 -- A national meeting was held at the April 25 House of Culture here on Monday to celebrate the birthday of General Secretary Kim Jong Il.
- Lots of Gifts from 170 Countries so far KCNA 15 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il was presented with gifts carrying best wishes by heads of many states and governments and leaders of political parties, personages of various strata, organizations and people of broad strata on significant occasions.
- Japanese Human Rights Advocates Pressure North Korea VOA 15 Feb 2010 -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Il will celebrate his birthday tomorrow. Human rights advocates in Japan are using that anniversary to step up pressure on the isolated country. They are calling on North Korean citizens to overthrow their government and asking Japan to help fund the effort.
- North Korea Weekly (February 8 - 14, 2010) National Intelligence Service
- Weekly Report on North Korea No. 982 (Feb8 to Feb 14, 2010) ROK Ministry of Unification
- Korean Children Receive Leader's Birthday Presents KCNA 13 Feb 2010 -- All the children of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have received presents on the occasion of the birthday of General Secretary Kim Jong Il (February 16).
- Paektusan Secret Camp Visited by Many People KCNA 13 Feb 2010 -- With General Secretary Kim Jong Il's birthday approaching, a great number of people have visited the Paektusan Secret Camp.
- 14th Kimjongilia Festival Opened KCNA 12 Feb 2010 -- The 14th Kimjongilia Festival was opened with splendor with due ceremony here on Friday to celebrate the birthday of leader Kim Jong Il.
- Kim Jong Il's Field Guidance Leads to Tremendous Achievements in Korea KCNA 12 Feb 2010 -- With leader Kim Jong Il's birthday coming nearer, the news that he visited the February 8 Vinalon Complex again has been reported, stirring the Korean people to the depths.
- UN Under-Secretary-General Departs KCNA 12 Feb 2010 -- B. Lynn Pascoe, under-secretary-general of the United Nations for the Department of Political Affairs who is special envoy of its secretary general, and his party left here on Friday.
- Central Control System of Street Lamps Established KCNA 12 Feb 2010 -- A central control system of street lamps has been established in Pyongyang, the capital of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
- UN political chief urges swift resumption of talks on DPR Korea UN News Centre 12 Feb 2010 -- The top United Nations political official today wrapped up a visit to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), saying he told officials from the North Asian nation that international talks on denuclearization must be resumed “without preconditions or delay.”
- Ideological, Theoretical Exploits of Kim Jong Il KCNA 11 Feb 2010 -- The Korean people are recollecting the immortal ideological and theoretical feats of General Secretary Kim Jong Il with his birthday (February 16) approaching.
- Kim Yong Nam Meets UN Envoy KCNA 11 Feb 2010 -- Kim Yong Nam, president of the Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly, Thursday met and had a talk with B. Lynn Pascoe, under-secretary-general of the United Nations for the Department of Political Affairs who is special envoy of its secretary general, and his party at the Mansudae Assembly Hall when they paid a courtesy call on him.
- Mass-Production of Vinalon Cotton Hailed KCNA 11 Feb 2010 -- Quality vinalon cotton of our own invention and a variety of chemical products are being churned out in an endless stream at the February 8 Vinalon Complex, the leading comprehensive chemical base in the DPRK.
- North Korea's nuclear negotiator to visit U.S. in March RIA Novosti 12 Feb 2010 -- North Korea's top nuclear negotiator plans to discuss the resumption of six-party talks on his country's nuclear program during his visit to the U.S. in March, South Korea's Yonhap said on Friday.
- Japan, South Korea Unite in Demand for North Korean Nuclear Talks VOA 11 Feb 2010 -- The top diplomats of Japan and South Korea are closing ranks on their demand that North Korea return to negotiations to end its nuclear weapons programs. After a meeting in the South Korean capital, Tokyo's foreign minister also offered regrets aimed at soothing historical Korean grievances.
- Thai court orders release of arms cargo plane crew RIA Novosti 11 Feb 2010 -- The Thai criminal court ordered on Thursday the release of the crew of a cargo plane that was seized with illegal weaponry from North Korea on board, a court spokesman said.
- Thai prosecutors to release crew of arms cargo plane RIA Novosti 10 Feb 2010 -- Thai prosecutors on Thursday will announce a decision to drop charges against the crew of a cargo plane that was seized with illegal weaponry from North Korea on board, Thailand's The Nation internet news site has reported.
- US Welcomes Chinese Dialogue with North Korea on Nuclear Issue VOA 09 Feb 2010 -- The United States on Wednesday expressed support for a new Chinese effort to get North Korea back to the Chinese-sponsored six-party talks on its nuclear program. The State Department said North Korean leader Kim Jong Il's recommitment to the negotiating process should be followed by action.
- North Korea repeats calls for denuclearization RIA Novosti 09 Feb 2010 -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has reiterated that his country is willing to continue efforts toward the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, the Xinhua news agency said Tuesday.
- North Korean Leader Pledges Commitment to Nuclear-Free Peninsula VOA 09 Feb 2010 -- Diplomatic activity on the North Korean nuclear issue is picking up steam. North Korean leaderKim Jong Il has reportedly told a Chinese official that he is committed to a nuclear-free country, while dispatching his own senior nuclear negotiator to Beijing.
- Kim Jong Il Looks at Vinalon Cotton KCNA 09 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il visited again the February 8 Vinalon Complex put on modern lines and watched vinalon cotton being churned out in an endless stream.
- US Commander's Remark under Fire KCNA 09 Feb 2010 -- The commander of the U.S. forces in south Korea made reckless remarks only to give the lie to the U.S. move for "transfer of the right to command wartime operations" to south Korea and disclose the sinister ambition for the aggression on the DPRK.
- Technical Inventions Pay Off KCNA 09 Feb 2010 -- The effort for technical updating has been amply remunerated in economic sectors of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
- Story of hoes Kim Jong Il KCNA 09 Feb 2010 -- One day in February Juche 98 (2009) General Secretary Kim Jong Il gave field guidance to the Wonsan Shoes Factory.
- Kim Jong Il Receives Chinese Party Delegation KCNA 08 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il received the visiting delegation of the International Liaison Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China led by its Head Wang Jiarui on Monday.
- DPRK to Take Strong Measures against Anti-DPRK Fanatics KCNA 08 Feb 2010 -- The Ministry of People's Security and the Ministry of State Security of the DPRK released the following joint statement Monday as regards the south Korean authorities' attempt to bring down the system in the DPRK, which has recently gone beyond the danger line:
- Inter-Korean Tour Talks Held KCNA 08 Feb 2010 -- An inter-Korean working contact for the resumption of tour of Mt. Kumgang and the Kaesong areas was made in Kaesong on Monday.
- Story of Kim Il Sung KCNA 08 Feb 2010 -- One summer day in Juche 37 (1948) President Kim Il Sung made a call to the principal of Mangyongdae Revolutionary School to ask about the schoolchildren's summer vacation.
- UN political chief heads to DPR Korea for talks with senior officials UN News Centre 08 Feb 2010 -- The top United Nations political official will arrive in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) tomorrow for talks with senior Government officials after wrapping up meetings in Beijing and Seoul.
- North Korea Weekly (February 1 - 7, 2010) National Intelligence Service
- Weekly Report on North Korea No. 981 (Feb1 to Feb 7, 2010) ROK Ministry of Unification
- US Missionary Returns After 43 Days in Detention in North Korea VOA 07 Feb 2010 -- The family of an American activist has welcomed him home in Los Angeles, 43 days after he was detained in North Korea.
- Kim Jong Il Inspects Feb. 8 Vinalon Complex KCNA 07 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il provided field guidance to the February 8 Vinalon Complex put on modern lines.
- Talks Held between DPRK and Chinese Party Delegations KCNA 07 Feb 2010 -- Talks were held here Sunday between the delegations of the International Affairs Department of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea and the International Liaison Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
- General Advance Called for KCNA 07 Feb 2010 -- Leading papers Sunday editorially call upon all the people of the DPRK to vigorously launch the general offensive to thoroughly implement the joint calls issued by the Central Committee and the Central Military Commission of the Workers' Party of Korea on the occasion of its 65th birthday, rallied close around General Secretary Kim Jong Il and thus brilliantly decorate this year as a year of great change to be specially recorded in the history of the country and a year of prosperity in which people fully enjoy happiness.
- Replacement of AA by Peace Treaty Urged KCNA 07 Feb 2010 -- The Korean Peninsula has now become an acute hotspot where a war may break out any moment. It is an urgent requirement of the times to replace the outdated Armistice Agreement (AA) by a peace treaty. This is attributable to the fact that the AA has now become defunct and the Korean Peninsula turned into a theater of acute military stand-off and a dangerous nidus of a war due to the United States.
- Kim Jong Il Enjoys Opera "Evgeni Onegin" KCNA 06 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il enjoyed the performance of opera "Evgeni Onegin" on Friday on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the conclusion of the DPRK-Russia treaty of friendship, good neighborliness and cooperation.
- Seminar on Kim Jong Il's Exploits Held KCNA 06 Feb 2010 -- A national seminar on immortal leadership exploits of General Secretary Kim Jong Il for deeply grasping them was held at the People's Palace of Culture on Thursday.
- Defending Peace Called for KCNA 06 Feb 2010 -- Defending peace serves as the banner of struggle that should be held high by the people of the DPRK to build a thriving socialist nation and by the world progressives to build a new independent world.
- All Koreans Called Upon to Work for Reunification KCNA 06 Feb 2010 -- No force on earth can block the way of achieving the cause of national reunification making a dynamic advance thanks to the great patriotic enthusiasm and active struggle of all Koreans aspiring after reunification.
- DPRK Decides to Release American Trespasser KCNA 05 Feb 2010 -- As already reported, the relevant organ of the DPRK conducted an investigation into Robert Park, an American national who was caught for trespassing on the northern border of the DPRK.
- American Trespasser Interviewed KCNA 05 Feb 2010 -- As already reported, American national Robert Park was detained for trespassing on the northern border of the DPRK in December last year.
- North Korea to release detained U.S. human rights activist RIA Novosti 05 Feb 2010 -- North Korean authorities will release a U.S. human rights activist, detained in December last year for illegally entering the country, the state Korean Central News Agency said on Friday.
- North Korea Says It Will Release 'Repentant' US Missionary VOA 05 Feb 2010 -- North Korea says it will release American Robert Park, a Christian activist who deliberately crossed into North Korea more than a month ago. Pyongyang's official news agency quotes Park as regretting his actions and having a complete change of heart about the North.
- Kaesong Folk Hotel KCNA 04 Feb 2010 -- The Kaesong Folk Hotel, built in Korean style, is located at the foot of Mt. Janam in Kaesong City, Korea.
- Pyongyangites Go to Work with Full Confidence KCNA 04 Feb 2010 -- A day of Pyongyang begins with citizens going to work, full of hope.
- All People Called upon to Advance at "Huichon Speed" KCNA 04 Feb 2010 -- The service personnel and people of the DPRK are now dashing ahead at the "Huichon speed", the speed of the great advance, bringing about unprecedented great leap forward, to open the gate to a thriving nation. The "Huichon speed" is the Songun Chollima speed, a product of the ever-victorious offensive spirit of General Secretary Kim Jong Il. Rodong Sinmun Thursday says this in a signed article.
- Meeting Held to Mark Anniversary of 4.15 Innovation KCNA 03 Feb 2010 -- A national meeting was held at the People's Palace of Culture on Wednesday to mark the 30th anniversary of the start of the movement of the April 15 technical innovation shock brigade.
- Academic Titles and Degrees Awarded KCNA 03 Feb 2010 -- State academic titles and degrees were conferred on intellectuals, who have made achievements in scientific research and education of the rising generation, on the occasion of General Secretary Kim Jong Il's birthday.
- Kimjongilia Festival Preparations Get into Stride KCNA 03 Feb 2010 -- Preparations for the 14th Kimjongilia Festival are going on in real earnest in the Democratic People Republic of Korea with the birthday of General Secretary
Kim Jong Il (February 16) approaching.
- KCNA Calls for Establishing Peace-keeping Regime KCNA 03 Feb 2010 -- No sooner had the DPRK made public its crucial proposal in which it expressed its readiness to conclude a peace treaty to the parties to the Armistice Agreement than the proposal earned positive support and sympathy from the international community.
- Implementation of Inter-Korean Declarations Called for KCNA 03 Feb 2010 -- How to approach the June 15 joint declaration and the October 4 declaration serves as a barometer to distinguish the harmony between the north and the south from confrontation and reunification from division. Rodong Sinmun Wednesday observes this in a signed article.
- Kim Jong Il Visits Fishery Station in Kumya KCNA 02 Feb 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il gave on-the-spot guidance to the Wonphyong Taehung Fishery Station in Kumya County, South Hamgyong Province.
- Inter-Korean Working Contact for KIZ Held KCNA 02 Feb 2010 -- An inter-Korean working contact for operations in the Kaesong Industrial Zone (KIZ) took place in Kaesong on Monday.
- Kimjongilia Festival Poster Produced KCNA 02 Feb 2010 -- A poster of the 14th Kimjongilia Festival, to be opened to mark the birthday of General Secretary Kim Jong Il, has been produced.
- Birthday Stamps Issued KCNA 02 Feb 2010 -- Four kinds of individual stamps have been brought out in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea with the birthday of General Secretary Kim Jong Il approaching.
- Story of Kim Jong Il KCNA 02 Feb 2010 -- On January 27, Juche 61 (1972) General Secretary Kim Jong Il gave field guidance to "Yangsando", a dance created by the Mansudae Art Troupe.
- Earliest Possible Conclusion of Peace Treaty Called for KCNA 02 Feb 2010 -- If another war breaks out on the Korean Peninsula, its catastrophic consequences will be incomparable with those of the last Korean war in the past century. The most realistic way of preventing such horrible disasters from taking place is to replace the outdated Armistice Agreement with a peace treaty as soon as possible for the purpose of establishing a lasting peace-keeping regime on the peninsula.
- S. Korea Says Summit With North Requires 'Substantive' Progress on Nuclear Issue VOA 02 Feb 2010 -- South Korea's president and senior officials say a summit with North Korea may be possible this year.
- US Urged to Drop Its Cold War-Style Way of Thinking KCNA 01 Feb 2010 -- The assistant secretary of the U.S. State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs recently blustered that the United States has "maintained security and stability" in the East Asia-Pacific region for the last half a century and "the military forces" forward deployed in the Asia-Pacific region "should be continuously kept to defend peace and stability". And he claimed that "there can be no error in the fixed resolution to fulfill the commitment to defense", asserting that the U.S. will actively cooperate with south Korea "to modernize the military alliance."
- Great Advance Speed of Songun Korea KCNA 01 Feb 2010 -- The Korean service personnel and people are accelerating the building of a great, prosperous and powerful nation at the "Huichon speed," a new Chollima speed.
- Story of Kim Il Sung KCNA 01 Feb 2010 -- On August 10, Juche 52 (1963) President Kim Il Sung called at a house in a village of forestry workers during his visit to Samjiyon.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list