Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
January 2015 - North Korea Special Weapons News
- Kim Jong Un Guides KPA Services' Drill of Hitting Enemy Naval Target KCNA 31 Jan 2015 -- A drill of services of the Korean People's Army (KPA) for hitting enemy naval target was staged at the personal initiative of Supreme Commander Kim Jong Un.
- Kim Jong Un Provides Field Guidance to Wonsan Shoes Factory KCNA 31 Jan 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, provided field guidance to the Wonsan Shoes Factory.
- Spokesman for DLAK Warns Hostile Forces against Their Anti-DPRK 'Human Rights' Racket KCNA 31 Jan 2015 -- It was disclosed that the anti-DPRK 'human rights resolution ' railroaded through the session of the United Nations in December last year was a politically motivated false document fabricated on the basis of false testimonies made by human scum.
- Kim Jong Un Publishes Work on Stepping up Construction of Stockbreeding Base KCNA 30 Jan 2015 -- Marshal Kim Jong Un published work 'Let Us Expedite the Construction of the Livestock Breeding Base in the Sepho Area and Bring about a New Turn in Developing Animal Husbandry' on Jan. 28.
- S. Korea's Suppression of Pro-Reunification Organizations Assailed KCNA 30 Jan 2015 -- The spokesman for the Central Committee of the Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea released a statement on Friday denouncing the conservative group of south Korea for desperately working to revise the 'Security Law' (SL) for the worse in a sinister bid to forcibly dissolve the pro-reunification patriotic organizations and stamp out progressive and democratic forces.
- Report on S. Korea's Conspiratorial Human Rights against DPRK Released KCNA 30 Jan 2015 -- The DPRK Measure Council for Human Rights in South Korea on Jan. 30 released an inquiry report disclosing the truth behind the mad-cap anti-DPRK human rights racket being kicked up by the south Korean authorities in collusion with the U.S.
- Mineral Output Up in DPRK KCNA 28 Jan 2015 -- Mineral output is now rising at mines of the DPRK.
- Ebola Fears Prompts N. Korea to Back Out of Major Taekwondo Events VOA 28 Jan 2015 -- North Korea has backed out of hosting of two major international taekwondo events this year, citing fears of the deadly Ebola virus, a top official with the sport's governing body said.
- Japan, U.S., S.Korea hold trilateral denuclearization talks People's Daily 28 Jan 2015 -- The chief nuclear envoys from Japan, the United States and South Korea met in Tokyo on Wednesday, seeking a 'credible dialogue' with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), a move may lead to the resumption of long-stalled six-party talks, local media reported.
- South Korea rejects North bid to detain businessman in joint zone Iran Press TV 27 Jan 2015 -- South Korea says it has rejected a North Korean bid for the right to arrest South Korean businessmen working in the Kaesong joint industrial complex if they are found not carrying out their contractual duties.
- UN Emergency Aid Drops for N. Korea VOA 26 Jan 2015 -- Crises in other parts of the world are causing the United Nations to lower emergency relief aid to North Korea this year.
- DPRK Foreign Ministry Spokesman Blasts Obama's Anti-DPRK Accusations KCNA 25 Jan 2015 -- A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK Sunday gave the following answer to the question raised by KCNA as regards a string of accusations again let loose by U.S. President Obama against the DPRK:
- Pyongyang Dismisses Obama as Grumbling Loser Following Anti-DPRK Comment Sputnik 25 Jan 2015 -- The North Korean Foreign Ministry commented on Sunday on a Youtube interview of US President Barack Obama, according to The Korea Herald.
- Experts Predict Tighter US Sanctions on N. Korean Front Companies VOA 25 Jan 2015 -- North Korea experts in the United States say they expect Washington to strengthen sanctions against the communist country's front companies abroad. They also argue, however, that sanctions on Chinese financial institutions which engage with the North will not be as easy.
- Kim Jong Un Guides Flight Drill of KPA Air and Anti-Air Force KCNA 24 Jan 2015 -- A flight combat drill of fighter and bomber groups under the Guards 1st Air and Anti-Air Division of the Air and Anti-Air Force of the Korean People's Army (KPA) was staged at the initiative of Supreme Commander Kim Jong Un.
- US Policy toward DPRK Is Bound to Totally Go Bust: Rodong Sinmun KCNA 24 Jan 2015 -- The U.S. policy toward the DPRK is bound to totally go bust, says Rodong Sinmun Saturday in an article.
- NKorea warns Israel over provocative remarks IRNA 24 Jan 2015 -- The spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK assailed the Zionist regime's prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu for his provocative remarks hurting the east Asian country's dignity and social system.
- DPRK FM Spokesman Accuses Israeli PM of Hurting DPRK's Dignity and Social System KCNA 23 Jan 2015 -- The spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK gave the following answer to a question put by KCNA Friday assailing the Israeli prime minister for his provocative remarks hurting the DPRK's dignity and social system:
- S. Korean Authorities Should Stop Racket for Eliminating 'Followers of North': NRC Spokesman KCNA 22 Jan 2015 -- The spokesman of the National Reconciliation Council (NRC) issued a statement on Thursday in connection with the fact that the frantic racket for eliminating 'followers of the north' aimed to stamp out the pro-reunification progressive forces is kicked off in south Korea from the outset of the year.
- Strong Enthusiasm for Independent Reunification Called for KCNA 22 Jan 2015 -- The spokesman for the North Side Committee for Implementing the June 15 Joint Declaration issued a statement on Thursday in support of the appeal adopted at a joint meeting of the government, political parties and organizations of the DPRK.
- Kim Jong Un Provides Field Guidance to Ryuwon Shoes Factory KCNA 21 Jan 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, provided field guidance to the Ryuwon Shoes Factory.
- U.S., Germany Urged to Give Up at Once Screening of Anti-DPRK Movie: DPRK FM Spokesman KCNA 21 Jan 2015 -- The spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK released the following statement on Wednesday:
- North Korea threatens to reconsider dialogue offer with South Iran Press TV 21 Jan 2015 -- North Korean authorities have threatened to reconsider proposals for dialogue with South Korea after US campaigners sent propaganda balloons and leaflets across the border.
- Report: US Infiltrated North Korean Computers in 2010 VOA 19 Jan 2015 -- Media reports say the United States infiltrated North Korea's computer systems years ago, and used this capability to determine Pyongyang was responsible for the recent cyber attack on Sony Pictures.
- Kim Jong Un Gives Field Guidance to Kumkop General Foodstuff Factory for Sportspersons KCNA 18 Jan 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK), first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, gave field guidance to the Kumkop General Foodstuff Factory for Sportspersons.
- Neither Sanctions Nor Pressure Can Work on DPRK: Rodong Sinmun KCNA 18 Jan 2015 -- The United States announced that it would stage joint military maneuvers from the beginning of March, insisting that it cannot cancel Key Resolve and Foal Eagle because they are 'drills for defense.'
- Kim Jong Un Visits Kangdong Precision Machine Plant KCNA 16 Jan 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK), first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, gave field guidance to the Kangdong Precision Machine Plant.
- DPRK Will Honor Its Commitments to Anti-Money Laundering KCNA 16 Jan 2015 -- The spokesman for the National Coordinating Committee of the DPRK on Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism Friday gave the following answer to the question put by KCNA in connection with the fact that, recently, the DPRK committed itself to implementing the action plan of 'international standard' for anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism:
- DPRK Strives for Improvement of People's Living Standard KCNA 15 Jan 2015 -- The people in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have turned out in a drive to solve the food problem and bring about a radical turn in the improvement of people's livelihood with agricultural production, animal husbandry and fishing as the main thrusts.
- DPRK Works out Master Plans for Economic Zones KCNA 14 Jan 2015 -- Master plans have been worked out for the development of 13 economic parks in the DPRK.
- US Holds Hard Line on North Korea After Cyberattacks VOA 14 Jan 2015 -- Relations between Washington and Pyongyang have grown more contentious in the wake of the alleged North Korea cyberattack on the Sony Pictures movie studio. The U.S. was quick to reject a North Korean proposal to reduce regional tensions and is instead focused on pressuring and isolating the regime.
- Kim Jong Un Inspects Command of KPA Air and Anti-Air Force KCNA 13 Jan 2015 -- Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) and first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK, inspected the command of the Air and Anti-Air Force of the Korean People's Army (KPA).
- Kim Il Sung's Feats Performed for Building Juche-based Militia Force KCNA 13 Jan 2015 -- Jan. 14 marks the 56th anniversary of the founding of the Worker-Peasant Red Guards.
- DPRK People Turn Out in Farming Preparation KCNA 13 Jan 2015 -- DPRK people have turned out in a campaign to assist the countryside in response to supreme leader Kim Jong Un's New Year address that called for bringing about an upturn in improving the people's living standards with agricultural production, animal husbandry and fishing as the main thrusts this year.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Embodying Idea of By Our Nation Itself KCNA 13 Jan 2015 -- It is the ardent aspiration and unanimous demand of the entire Korean nation to end the miserable history of national division, the tragic history of antagonism and confrontation that has lasted century after century and to open up the road of independent reunification, peace and prosperity, says Rodong Sinmun Tuesday in an article.
- DPRK Will Achieve Victory in Showdown with US: Rodong Sinmun KCNA 13 Jan 2015 -- The service personnel and people of the DPRK are convinced that this year will be recorded in history as the one that hastened the final victory, says Rodong Sinmun Tuesday in an article.
- KCNA Denounces Sharing of Military Information among US, Japan, S. Korea KCNA 13 Jan 2015 -- The U.S., Japan and south Korea recently signed a contract on sharing information under the pretext of 'coping with nuclear and missile threats' from the DPRK.
- S Korea's Park 'open' to meeting with North leader Iran Press TV 12 Jan 2015 -- South Korea's President Park Geun-hye says she is willing to meet the North's leader Kim Jong Un without preconditions.
- Peace on Korean Peninsula needs reciprocal actions People's Daily 11 Jan 2015 -- Washington's flat refusal on Saturday to Pyongyang's proposal of temporarily suspending nuclear tests in exchange for a halt to joint military exercises by the U.S. and South Korea does no good to trust-building and realization of peace on the divided peninsula.
- US State Department Slams Pyongyang's Offer to Suspend Nuclear Tests Sputnik 10 Jan 2015 -- The United States on Saturday criticized a proposal by North Korea to suspend further nuclear tests if Washington agrees to call off joint military exercises with South Korea as 'an implicit threat'.
- Kim Jong Un Inspects Newly-built Mushroom Farm in Pyongyang KCNA 10 Jan 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK), first chairman of the DPRK National Defence Commission and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army (KPA), gave field guidance to the newly-built Pyongyang City Mushroom Farm.
- KCNA Report KCNA 10 Jan 2015 -- "Recently the DPRK government proposed a crucial step to the U.S. government to remove the danger of war, ease tension and create a peaceful climate on the Korean peninsula, prompted by the desire to join efforts of all Koreans to open up a broad avenue to independent reunification in 2015 marking the 70th anniversary of the division of the Korean nation."
- N Korea suspends nuclear tests if US cancels maneuvers with South Iran Press TV 10 Jan 2015 -- North Korea says it is ready to suspend its future nuclear tests if the United States calls off its annual joint military drills with South Korea this year.
- N Korea Offers to Suspend Nuclear Tests in Exchange for End to US Drills Sputnik 10 Jan 2015 -- North Korea said on Saturday it wanted to 'temporarily' suspend any nuclear tests as long as the United States agrees to cancel all of its annual joint military exercises with South Korea this year, citing the drills as the main reason for tension on the Korean peninsula.
- N. Korea Offers Nuclear Test Ban in Exchange for Maneuvers Ban VOA 10 Jan 2015 -- North Korea says it is willing to declare a temporary moratorium on nuclear testing if the United States scraps plans for joint military maneuvers held annually with South Korea.
- DPRK People Study Kim Jong Un's New Year Address KCNA 09 Jan 2015 -- All the officials and other citizens in the DPRK are now intent on the study of supreme leader Kim Jong Un's New Year address that instills confidence in the final victory and fiery zeal into their mind.
- Korean Workers Will Discharge Their Duty in Movement for National Reunification KCNA 08 Jan 2015 -- All the workers of the DPRK will discharge their responsibility and duty to take the lead in the nationwide movement to open up a broad avenue to independent reunification in hearty response to the patriotic call of Marshal Kim Jong Un, cherishing the national pride and self-esteem of holding up him in the van of the cause of national reunification.
- Kim Jong Il's Exploits in Training Faithful Servants of People Lauded KCNA 08 Jan 2015 -- During the period of leading the general offensive of the Songun revolution to victory leader Kim Jong Il made sure that officials fulfilled their responsibilities and roles in the van of the drive to bring about a great revolutionary upswing just as officials did in the 1970s.
- Chondoist Chongu Party Chairman Supports Reunification Proposals Set forth in New Year Address KCNA 08 Jan 2015 -- The chairman of the Central Committee of the Chondoist Chongu Party in a statement Thursday fully supported the tasks for national reunification set forth by Marshal Kim Jong Un in his New Year address as important programmes for Korea's reunification to be held fast to by the Korean nation.
- Production on Increase in DPRK KCNA 08 Jan 2015 -- Workers in the leading sectors of national economy of the DPRK have turned out in a drive to carry out the tasks set forth by supreme leader Kim Jong Un in his New Year address.
- North Koreans Still Unsure When to Celebrate Kim Jong Un's Birthday Sputnik 08 Jan 2015 -- A veil of secrecy still covers the exact date of Kim Jong Un's birth date, sparking a debate over the age of the current leader of North Korea.
- North Korea Calls for US Sanctions Lift, Threatens 'War Disaster' Sputnik 08 Jan 2015 -- North Korea called for all of the sanctions recently imposed by the United States to be lifted, threatening a 'war disaster' over Washington's 'hostile' policies toward the country, the North Korean state news agency KCNA reported.
- New N Korean Military Plan Envisages Occupying S Korea Within Seven Days Sputnik 08 Jan 2015 -- North Korea has developed a military plan envisaging the occupation of South Korea within seven days using nonconventional arms including nuclear weapons, South Korean newspaper JoongAng Ilbo reported Thursday.
- Kim Jong Un Guides Recoilless Gun Firing Contest of KPA Units KCNA 07 Jan 2015 -- Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the DPRK National Defence Commission, guided a recoilless gun firing contest of units directly under first infantry divisions in echelon formation of KPA frontline corps.
- NDC of DPRK Notifies U.S. Administration of Its Principled Stand KCNA 07 Jan 2015 -- The U.S. ruling forces are more persistently resorting to their harsh policy hostile to the DPRK.
- NDC Spokesman Urges S. Korean Authorities to Clarify Stand on Improving North-South Relations KCNA 07 Jan 2015 -- Talking about 'sincerity of the New Year address of the north', politicians of south Korea have described the DPRK's historic appeal as an 'attempt to embrace the south aimed at breaking down south Korea-U.S. cooperation' and a 'dialogue offensive to get rid of the international pressure'.
- FBI: Sony Hackers 'Sloppy,' Used North Korean Servers VOA 07 Jan 2015 -- FBI Director James Comey says hackers who attacked Sony last month were sloppy, posting directly from a server used exclusively by North Korea.
- N Korea Warns of 'Catastrophic Phase' in Relations With South Over Leaflets Sputnik 07 Jan 2015 -- North Korea's state news agency slammed South Korea on Wednesday over a recent launch of balloons carrying leaflets across the border to DPRK, warning that such acts could bring relations between the two countries to a 'catastrophic phase'.
- S Korea welcomes North's readiness for high-level talks Iran Press TV 06 Jan 2015 -- Seoul has welcomed a recent announcement by Pyongyang that it is prepared to take part in bilateral talks of the "highest-level," calling on its northern neighbor to show commitment to dialogue.
- North Korea's Missiles Able to Reach US Mainland: South Korea Sputnik 06 Jan 2015 -- The South Korean Defense Ministry has said in a white paper that North Korea is in possession of missiles that could reach the US mainland, Xinhua reported Tuesday.
- S. Korea Notes Pyongyang's Improved Nuclear Capability VOA 06 Jan 2015 -- South Korea's defense ministry said North Korea appears to have achieved a 'significant' level of technology to miniaturize a nuclear device that could fit on the tip of a missile.
- KCNA Hails Bright Design for National Reunification KCNA 05 Jan 2015 -- It is the steadfast will of the Workers' Party of Korea and the DPRK government to make national reunification come true in the new century of Kim Il Sung's nation.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Victoriously Greeting 70th Anniversary of WPK KCNA 05 Jan 2015 -- This year marks the 70th founding anniversary of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK), which organizes and guides all victories of the Korean people.
- China calls for caution following new U.S. sanctions on DPRK People's Daily 05 Jan 2015 -- A Chinese spokeswoman called for caution after the United States imposed new sanctions on the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).
- China, S Korea Reaffirm Tough Stance Toward N Korean Nuclear Weapon Program Sputnik 05 Jan 2015 -- China and South Korea have reaffirmed their zero tolerance position towards North Korea's nuclear weapon program and agreed to enhance cooperation to maintain peace in the region, South's foreign ministry said Monday.
- DPRK FM Spokesman Slams U.S. for 'New Sanctions' KCNA 04 Jan 2015 -- The spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK Sunday gave the following answer to a question put by KCNA blasting the U.S. for announcing 'new sanctions' against the DPRK over the cyber attack on the Sony Pictures Entertainment:
- North Korea Slams US Over 'Hostile' Sanctions: Reports Sputnik 04 Jan 2015 -- Washington's new sanctions against Pyongyang over its alleged involvement in the Sony cyberattack are a 'hostile' act aimed at damaging the image of North Korea, a spokesman for the North Korean Foreign Ministry said Sunday.
- North Korea Hits Back at US Sanctions VOA 04 Jan 2015 -- North Korea has lashed out at the United States for imposing new sanctions as punishment for allegedly hacking the computers of Sony Pictures.
- US sanctions DPRK over Sony cyberattack People's Daily 03 Jan 2015 -- The US imposed new sanctions on the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Friday, targeting top state officials and defense-related organizations in an attempt at punishment for a crippling cyberattack against Sony. The sanctions marked the first public act of retribution by the US.
- US Hopes for International Support Over Sanctions Against N Korea: Official Sputnik 03 Jan 2015 -- The United States wants to encourage its partners to follow suit and impose sanctions on North Korea that Washington deems responsible for a recent cyber-attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment, a senior Obama administration official has told reporters.
- Kim Jong Un Visits Pyongyang Baby Home and Orphanage on New Year's Day KCNA 02 Jan 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, visited the Pyongyang Baby Home and Orphanage on January 1 to give new year blessings to the children.
- Kim Jong Un Pays Highest Tribute to Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il KCNA 02 Jan 2015 -- Marshal Kim Jong Un in his New Year address for 2015 paid the highest tribute and offered New Year greetings to President Kim Il Sung and leader Kim Jong Il, representing the boundless reverence of the service personnel and people.
- Kim Jong Un Refers to Achievements Made by DPRK Last Year KCNA 02 Jan 2015 -- Supreme leader Kim Jong Un in his New Year address for 2015 said that last year was a year of brilliant triumph in which the foundations for hastening final victory on all fronts of building a thriving nation were consolidated firmly and the invincible might of the DPRK was demonstrated under the leadership of the Party.
- Kim Jong Un Underlines Need to Consolidate Country's Might as Socialist Political and Ideological Power KCNA 02 Jan 2015 -- Supreme leader Kim Jong Un in his New Year address for 2015 said that the new year 2015 will be a year of great significance, in which the DPRK will mark the 70th anniversaries of national liberation and founding of the Workers' Party of Korea.
- Kim Jong Un Calls for Fresh Turn in Building Revolutionary Armed Forces and Enhancing Defence Capability KCNA 02 Jan 2015 -- Supreme leader Kim Jong Un in his New Year address for 2015 said that this year the DPRK should further demonstrate the country's might as a military power by bringing about a fresh turn in building revolutionary armed forces and enhancing its defence capability. He continued:
- Kim Jong Un Advances Tasks to Effect Upswing in Building Socialist Economic Giant and Civilized Nation KCNA 02 Jan 2015 -- Supreme leader Kim Jong Un in his New Year address for 2015 called for giving definite precedence to science and technology and effecting an upswing in building a socialist economic giant and civilized nation. He pointed out:
- Kim Jong Un Set Forth Ways of Carrying out This Year's Tasks KCNA 02 Jan 2015 -- Supreme leader Kim Jong Un in his New Year address for 2015 indicated the ways of carrying out the enormous goal of struggle for this year.
- Kim Jong Un Deals with Issue of National Reunification KCNA 02 Jan 2015 -- Supreme leader Kim Jong Un in his New Year Address for 2015 dealt with the issue of national reunification. He went on:
- Kim Jong Un Deals with Issue of Foreign Relations KCNA 02 Jan 2015 -- Supreme leader Kim Jong Un in his New Year Address for 2015 dealt with the issue of foreign relations.
- US Sanctions on N Korea Target About Dozen Individuals and Entities Sputnik 02 Jan 2015 -- Expanded US sanctions against North Korea for the hacking of Sony Entertainment will target three entities tied to the government and 10 individuals, including a representative in Russia, the US Treasury said Friday.
- Letter - Imposing Additional Sanctions with Respect to North Korea The White House 02 Jan 2015 -- "Pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), I hereby report that I have issued an Executive Order (the "order") with respect to North Korea that expands the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13466 of June 26, 2008, expanded in scope in Executive Order 13551 of August 30, 2010, and relied upon for additional steps in Executive Order 13570 of April 18, 2011."
- Statement by the Press Secretary on the Executive Order Entitled "Imposing Additional Sanctions with Respect to North Korea" The White House 20 Jan 2015
- Obama Announces New Sanctions on North Korea VOA 02 Jan 2015 -- President Barack Obama announced new sanctions Friday on North Korea in the wake of the cyber-attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment late last year.
- ROK urges DPRK to respond to its offer of dialogue People's Daily 02 Jan 2015 -- The Republic of Korea's Ministry of Unification said on Thursday that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea should respond to its offer of talks if it wants to improve relations.
- N Korea: Kim Jong-Un's Sister Reportedly Married Son of Senior Official Sputnik 02 Jan 2015 -- Kim Yo Jong, the younger sister of the North Korean leader, has reportedly married a son of a senior official, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reports, citing anonymous sources.
- In call with Republic of Korea leader, Ban reaffirms support for peace on Korean Peninsula UN News Centre 02 Jan 2015 -- Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the President of the Republic of Korea (ROK), Park Geun-hye, discussed the country's continued support for the work of the United Nations amid wider efforts to bring peace to the Korean Peninsula in a phone call on New Year's Day.
- Kim Jong Un's New Year Address KCNA 01 Jan 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, made a New Year address for 2015.
- Kim Jong Un Makes New Year Address KCNA 01 Jan 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, made a New Year address for 2015.
- Kim Jong Un Visits Kumsusan Palace of Sun KCNA 01 Jan 2015 -- Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, visited the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun at 00:00 on Thursday to pay high tribute to President Kim Il Sung and leader Kim Jong Il on the occasion of the New Year 2015.
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Ready for Summit Talks With Seoul: Reports Sputnik 01 Jan 2015 -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said during his New year's Eve address he was willing to hold summit talks with the South Korean president in 2015, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said early Thursday.
- N. Korea Leader Open to 'Dialogue' With South VOA 01 Jan 2015 -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said he is open to expanding 'dialogue and cooperation' with the country's rival, South Korea.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list