Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
March 2018 - Iran Special Weapons News
- The Strangely Boring Visit Of Iran's President To Turkmenistan RFE/RL 30 Mar 2018 -- Iranian President Hassan Rohani visited Turkmenistan on March 27-28 to meet with Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdymukhammedov.
- French FM's accusation of arms for Yemen 'a big lie': Iran Press TV 29 Mar 2018 -- Iran has rejected France's accusation that Tehran was sending weapons to Yemen, saying the EU's arming of Saudi Arabia and accusing others will prove futile.
- Saudi-Led Coalition Accuses Iran Of Supplying Huthi Missiles That Hit Riyadh RFE/RL 27 Mar 2018 -- A military coalition led by Saudi Arabia is accusing Iran of supplying Yemen's Huthi rebels with the ballistic missiles used to attack Riyadh over the weekend and said it is weighing an "appropriate" response.
- Iran Calls Trump's Move To Appoint Bolton 'A Matter Of Shame' RFE/RL 25 Mar 2018 -- Iran has criticized U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to appoint former UN Ambassador John Bolton as national-security adviser, with a senior official saying that it is shameful and is a sign that Washington hopes to overthrow the government in Tehran.
- Iran Criticizes U.S. Sanctions Over Hacking Scheme RFE/RL 24 Mar 2018 -- Iran has criticized new U.S. sanctions against 10 of its citizens and an Iranian company over their alleged involvement in a state-sponsored large-scale hacking and intellectual property theft scheme.
- Nine Iranians Charged With Conducting Massive Cyber Theft Campaign on Behalf of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps US Dept. of Justice 23 Mar 2018 -- An Indictment charging Gholamreza Rafatnejad, 38; Ehsan Mohammadi, 37; Abdollah Karima, aka Vahid Karima, 39; Mostafa Sadeghi, 28; Seyed Ali Mirkarimi, 34; Mohammed Reza Sabahi, 26; Roozbeh Sabahi, 24; Abuzar Gohari Moqadam, 37; and Sajjad Tahmasebi, 30, all citizens and residents of Iran, was unsealed today.
- Treasury Sanctions Iranian Cyber Actors for Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities Targeting Hundreds of Universities US Treasury 23 Mar 2018 -- Today, in a coordinated action with the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated one Iranian entity and 10 Iranian individuals under Executive Order (E.O.) 13694, "Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities," as amended.
- U.S., Europeans Wary As They Discuss Creating Iran Nuclear Side Deal RFE/RL 22 Mar 2018 -- The United States has had "constructive" talks with France, Britain, and Germany about creating a side agreement to the Iran nuclear deal but is making contingency plans should the effort fail, the lead U.S. negotiator has said.
- Malta Orders Iranian Bank Chairman To Step Down After U.S. Files Sanctions Case RFE/RL 22 Mar 2018 -- Malta's financial regulator has ordered the Iranian chairman of a bank investigated by slain journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia to step down following his arrest in the United States on charges of evading U.S. sanctions on Iran.
- Israel Admits Destroying Syrian Reactor In Move Seen Aimed At Iran RFE/RL 21 Mar 2018 -- The Israeli military has formally acknowledged for the first time its destruction of a suspected Syrian nuclear reactor in 2007, saying the air strike removed a major threat to Israel and was a "message" to others.
- Israeli Intel Minister: 2007 Strike on "Syrian Nuclear Reactor" Message to Iran Sputnik 21 Mar 2018 -- Earlier, Israel Defense Forces said that Israeli airstrikes had destroyed an alleged nuclear facility in 2007 in the Syrian province of Deir ez-Zor.
- US: Iran in 'technical compliance' with nuclear deal Press TV 21 Mar 2018 -- The United States says Iran is in "technical compliance" with the 2015 international nuclear deal and Washington has had constructive talks about the agreement with its European allies.
- Iran managed to foil US terrorist plot in Middle East: Leader Press TV 21 Mar 2018 -- Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says the Islamic Republic of Iran has well managed to defuse a plot by the United States to spread terrorism and cause rifts in the Middle East region to avert attention from the Zionist regime of Israel.
- Trump, Saudi Prince Assail Iran Over Support For Yemeni Rebels RFE/RL 21 Mar 2018 -- The White House and ally Saudi Arabia assailed Iran for its support for rebels in Yemen, while the Iranian supreme leader hit back in a speech saying the United States was not capable of creating stability in the region.
- On-the-Record-Briefing on the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action Joint Commission and E3 Meetings In Vienna and Berlin US Dept. of State 21 Mar 2018 -- Special Briefing by Brian Hook, Director of Policy Planning
- US: Plans Being Made in Case Iran Nuclear Talks With Europeans Fail VOA 21 Mar 2018 -- The U.S. says it had constructive talks with its European partners last week on changes to the Iran nuclear agreement, but it is making contingency plans in case the talks fail and President Donald Trump decides to pull out of the landmark 2015 deal.
- Mogherini rejects new EU sanction on Iran IRNA 19 Mar 2018 -- The European Union (EU) Foreign Policy Chief Federica Mogherini has refuted certain media reports suggesting new sanctions against Iran.
- France FM urges EU to adopt new Iran sanctions to appease Trump Press TV 19 Mar 2018 -- France's Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian has urged the European Union to adopt new sanctions against Iran over its alleged role in Syria and Yemen, as well as its missile program.
- MoU on Iran-Iraq intelligence cooperation approved IRNA 19 Mar 2018 -- Iraq's National Security Council in its Sunday's session discussed and approved a memorandum of understanding (MOU) signed by Tehran and Baghdad on intelligence cooperation between the two countries.
- U.S. Senator Says Trump Likely To Withdraw From Iran Deal RFE/RL 18 Mar 2018 -- A senior U.S. senator says he believes President Donald Trump will pull out of the Iran nuclear deal in May.
- Iran missile program has nothing to do with JCPOA: Russian envoy IRNA 17 Mar 2018 -- Russia's permanent representative to the UN office in Vienna Mikhail Ulyanov says the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) does not need any complementary agreement and Iran's missile program has nothing to do with the deal.
- Iran rejects any change in nuclear deal: Security chief IRNA 17 Mar 2018 -- Iran will give appropriate, timely response to the US frequent breaches of the nuclear agreement, and will not accept any modification or new interpretation of the agreement, a senior Iranian official said on Saturday.
- Iran alerts US against violation of JCPOA: Top negotiator IRNA 17 Mar 2018 -- Violation of the Iran nuclear deal and the rights of Iranian prisoners in the US have been the issues against which the top Iranian negotiator officially warned the American side here on Friday.
- EU stresses full implementation of JCPOA IRNA 17 Mar 2018 -- All participants in the JCPOA Joint Commission session in Vienna underlined full implementation of Iran nuclear deal.
- Zarif warns US against 'painful mistake' of pulling out JCPOA ISNA 17 Mar 2018 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has warned the United States against the "painful mistake" of pulling out of the 2015 Iran nuclear agreement, officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- U.S. Negotiating 'Supplement' To Iran Nuclear Deal With European Allies RFE/RL 17 Mar 2018 -- The United States and European powers are negotiating over a possible "supplemental" agreement to the Iran nuclear deal that would address Iran's ballistic-missile development and involvement in Middle East conflicts, a U.S. diplomat said.
- Iran Arrests Close Ally Of Ex-President Ahmadinejad RFE/RL 17 Mar 2018 -- Iranian authorities say they have detained a close ally of former hard-line President Mahmud Ahmadinejad.
- Zarif: JCPOA withdrawal mistake painful for US IRNA 16 Mar 2018 -- Thanks to the JCPOA achievements in R&D and as regards Iran efforts to promote its nuclear power in peaceful field, withdrawal mistake will be painful for the US, Iran FM said.
- Britain, France, Germany propose new sanctions on Iran: Report Press TV 16 Mar 2018 -- Britain, France and Germany have proposed new European Union sanctions on Iran over its missile program and its regional role, a confidential document says.
- Report Says Britain, France, Germany Propose New Sanctions On Iran RFE/RL 16 Mar 2018 -- Britain, France, and Germany have proposed new European Union sanctions against Iran related to its ballistic-missile program and its role in the Syrian conflict, according to a document seen by the Reuters news agency.
- Saudi Arabia to make nuclear bombs if Iran does so: Crown prince Press TV 15 Mar 2018 -- The Saudi crown prince, who is in Washington to push for an atomic deal with the United States that could pave the way for the Saudi regime to enrich uranium, says Riyadh will be quick to develop nuclear bombs if Iran does so.
- Saudi Crown Prince: If Iran Develops Nuclear Bomb, 'We Will Follow Suit ASAP' Sputnik 15 Mar 2018 -- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman has commented on the country's actions, in case Iran develops a nuclear weapon.
- Saudi Prince Likens Iran's Ruler to Hitler VOA 15 Mar 2018 -- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman likened Iran's supreme leader to Adolf Hitler and said Saudi Arabia will quickly develop a nuclear bomb if Iran does the same.
- Iran: Saudi crown prince a delusional, naive person Press TV 15 Mar 2018 -- The spokesman of Iran's Foreign Ministry says Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman is a "delusional naive person," who has no idea of politics apart from bitter talk that emanates from lack of foresight.
- Iranian Minister: Tillerson Dismissal Shows Trump Bent On Killing Nuclear Deal RFE/RL 15 Mar 2018 -- U.S. President Donald Trump's dismissal of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson shows that he intends to pull the United States out of Iran's nuclear deal with world powers, the Iranian deputy foreign minister has said.
- US Navy: No More Clashes in Gulf After Iran Makes 'Change in Their Behavior' Sputnik 15 Mar 2018 -- Politically, the US and Iran may be on the rocks again, but military relations have improved since 2017, according to US Navy leaders in the Persian Gulf. Iran's Navy has not engaged in any "unsafe and unprofessional" actions in months, report US Central Command.
- Iran will leave JCPOA if US withdraws it: Iranian deputy FM ISNA 14 Mar 2018 -- Iranian deputy Foreign Minister for Political Affairs emphasized that Iran will leave the JCPOA if the US withdraws the nuclear deal.
- Iran warns US against 'foolish' moves against Syria Press TV 14 Mar 2018 -- Iran has warned Washington against taking any "foolish" decisions with regards to Syria, as speculation mounts that the administration of US President Donald Trump is gearing up for a military strike against the country.
- US general signals support for Iran nuclear deal: Reuters IRNA 14 Mar 2018 -- The agreement, which US President Donald Trump has threatened to withdraw from, has played an important role in addressing Iran's nuclear program, said a top US general, referring to the 2015 Iran Deal.
- Head of US Central Command signals support for Iran nuclear deal Press TV 14 Mar 2018 -- A senior Pentagon official has expressed support for the 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and the P5+1 group of countries, saying that the agreement is still in the best interests of the United States despite US President Donald Trump's threats of withdrawing from it.
- Pentagon Voices Support For Iran Nuclear Deal Amid Tillerson Exit RFE/RL 14 Mar 2018 -- A top U.S. military commander expressed the Pentagon's continued support for Iran's nuclear deal with world powers, hours after the announced departure of U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, a top defender of the deal in the U.S. administration.
- Iran mainly focused on strengthening defense, deterrence power: defense minister ISNA 13 Mar 2018 -- Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami held talks with Netherland's ambassador to Tehran Susanna Terstal on Tuesday.
- US in no place to set conditions for Iran nuclear deal: Zarif Press TV 13 Mar 2018 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says the United States is "in no position" to set conditions for the 2015 nuclear agreement between Iran and the P5+1 group of countries.
- Iran will make utmost efforts to boost defense, deterrence power: Minister Press TV 13 Mar 2018 -- Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami says the Islamic Republic will spare no effort to boost its defense and deterrent power.
- Trump calls Iran 'threat' to US, renews sanctions for another year Press TV 13 Mar 2018 -- US President Donald Trump has extended sanctions against Iran for another year, claiming that the Islamic Republic continues to pose "an unusual and extraordinary" threat to America.
- Russia to Create Service Center for Air Defense in Iran – Presidential Aide Sputnik 12 Mar 2018 -- Russia will set up an after-sales service center for the maintenance of air defense systems in Iran, Presidential Aide for defense industry cooperation Vladimir Kozhin said Monday.
- Iran's Judiciary Says It Sentenced British-Iranian For Spying RFE/RL 11 Mar 2018 -- Iran says it has sentenced an unidentified British-Iranian national to six years in prison for spying.
- Iran to Open $3Bln Credit Line to Iraq for Post-War Reconstruction Sputnik 11 Mar 2018 -- Tehran will loan $3 billion to help Baghdad with the restoration of its infrastructure after the defeat of the Daesh terrorist group in the country, Iranian First Vice-President Eshaq Jahangiri said on Sunday.
- Turkey, Iran part of 'triangle of evil' in region: Saudi crown prince Press TV 08 Mar 2018 -- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman claims Turkey and Iran, along with extremist groups, have formed a "triangle of evil" in the region amid Riyadh's anger over Tehran-Ankara cooperation in Syria and the Turkish support for Qatar in the standoff with a Riyadh-led quartet of states.
- Iran prepared to open $3bn LOC for Iraq reconstruction projects: Jahangiri Press TV 08 Mar 2018 -- Iran says it is ready to provide Iraq with a line of credit (LOC) worth up to three billion dollars to pave the way for the Iranian private sector's active participation in the reconstruction of the neighboring country.
- Iran won't talk to US, extra-regional states on its regional role: Ayatollah Khamenei Press TV 08 Mar 2018 -- Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says the Islamic Republic will not hold talks with the US or other extra-regional countries about its regional presence.
- Iran ready to help Afghanistan fight terror: Defense chief Press TV 08 Mar 2018 -- Iran's defense chief says the Islamic Republic supports peace and security in neighboring countries, especially Afghanistan, voicing Tehran's readiness to help the country in its fight against terrorists at Kabul's request.
- Iran Not Going to Negotiate Presence in Mid East With Western States - Khamenei Sputnik 08 Mar 2018 -- Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Thursday that Iran is not going to negotiate its presence in the Middle East region with the United States and European countries.
- Iranian Commander: 'Iran's Missile Production Tripled, Despite Enemy Pressure' Sputnik 08 Mar 2018 -- Iran's missile program has been heavily criticized by the US and is being used as an excuse to thwart the nuclear deal stuck with the country, because it "compromises the security of the Jewish state."
- Ex-Argentine President to Be Tried for Alleged Jewish Center Bombing Cover-Up Sputnik 07 Mar 2018 -- Former Argentinian President Cristina Kirchner and 11 other senior members of her government will face a public trial over their alleged involvement in covering up Iran's role in the 1994 bombing of a Jewish community center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Federal Judge Claudio Bonadio ruled on Monday.
- IRGC general slams foreign trends against Iran missile power IRNA 07 Mar 2018 -- The West along with some reactionary Arab countries in the region and the Zionist regime of Israel have adopted a unanimous position to counter acquisition of defensive missile power by Iran, said an IRGC commander on Wednesday.
- IRGC Cmdr: Developing Iran's defensive power 'unstoppable' IRNA 07 Mar 2018 -- Increasing Iran's defensive power is 'unstoppable', said an Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) commander on Wednesday.
- US undermining nuclear deal: Iran's envoy IRNA 07 Mar 2018 -- Iran's Ambassador to the UN nuclear watchdog said US Government, in contradiction with Iran's nuclear agreement, has taken a destructive approach to undermine "successful implementation" of the deal.
- Iran among top 5 countries in the world in missile, drone fields ISNA 07 Mar 2018 -- A senior Iranian commander announced that Iran is among top 5 countries in the world in the fields of missile, radar, defense, guided bombs and drones.
- Iran says US non-compliance with JCPOA undermining nuclear deal Press TV 07 Mar 2018 -- The Iranian envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has criticized the US for failing to live up to its commitments under the nuclear deal signed between Tehran and the P+1 group of countries in 2015.
- Iran's missile production tripled despite enemy pressure: IRGC commander Press TV 07 Mar 2018 -- A senior commander says all enemy attempts to blunt the progress of Iran's defense capabilities have only backfired, adding that the country has managed to triple its missile production thanks to the firm support at home.
- Fernandez Faces Trial On Charges Of Covering Up Iran's Role In Bombing RFE/RL 06 Mar 2018 -- Former Argentinian President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner will face trial on charges she covered up Iran's role in a 1994 bombing at a Jewish center in Buenos Aires that killed dozens, judicial authorities said.
- 3 Iranian warships berth in Mumbai Port Trust IRNA 06 Mar 2018 -- Three Iranian warships berthed in Mumbai Port Trust to promote relations between two countries.
- Iran not waiting for EU-Zionist permission on defense issues IRNA 06 Mar 2018 -- Government spokesman Mohammad Baqer Nobakht said that Iran's actions in connection with defensive power is not pending on the call of the Zionist regime and the European Union and there is no topic for discussion on the table.
- No one has right to start dialogue on Iran's missile defense power with foreigners: Gen. Jazayeri ISNA 06 Mar 2018 -- Iran's Armed Forces spokesman emphasized that the country will continue to strengthen its defensive power.
- Dr Rouhani in a meeting with French FM: JCPOA a test for both sides, breaching it to bring regret to everyone ISNA 06 Mar 2018 -- President of the Islamic Republic of Iran referred to the historical, friendly Tehran-Paris relations in various fields such as trade, economy, industry, agriculture, culture, transportation and energy, and said, "The two governments of Iran and France are determined to establish and develop comprehensive, solid and friendly relations between the two countries".
- Iran FM: EU should compel US to abide by JCPOA ISNA 06 Mar 2018 -- Iranian foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif published a report on his Twitter account about his meeting with French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian in Tehran.
- Netanyahu launches another tirade against Iran at AIPAC Press TV 06 Mar 2018 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu claims that Iran is responsible for "darkness descending" on the Middle East, hailing the US administration's threat to withdraw from the 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and the P5+1 group of countries.
- Israel to Prevent Iran From Building Missile Factories in Syria, Lebanon - PM Sputnik 06 Mar 2018 -- Israel will stop Iran from developing or building factories in Syria and Lebanon for the construction of missiles that would be used to attack Israel, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday in Washington, DC.
- UN Report Decries Iran 'Pattern' Of Abuses In Prisons RFE/RL 05 Mar 2018 -- A new United Nations report criticizes the Iranian government for its continued crackdown on freedom of expression and restrictions on access to information, while detainees appeared to be systematically subjected to abuse, including torture and rape.
- Netanyahu to Trump: Israel, US Have a Common Challenge to Stop Iran VOA 05 Mar 2018 -- "Iran must be stopped; that is our common challenge," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told U.S. President Donald Trump at the White House on Monday.
- IRGC's new deterrent approach to use drones: Commander IRNA 05 Mar 2018 -- A senior Iranian military commander announced on Monday that the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has taken a new deterrent approach that is use of drone in military bases in the country.
- Iran missile, defensive power non-negotiable: military spokesman IRNA 05 Mar 2018 -- No one has the right to negotiate with the foreigners about the defensive and missile power of Iran, said the spokesman of the Iranian Armed Forces.
- CTBTO has no sites, monitoring system in Iran: FM Spox IRNA 05 Mar 2018 -- Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) has no site or monitoring system active in Iran and no information is being sent to the secretariat of the treaty, said the spokesman of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Monday.
- France opposes to US stance toward JCPOA: Le Drian ISNA 05 Mar 2018 -- French foreign minister met with secretary of the Supreme National Security Council of Iran on Monday, discussing the ways of improving bilateral ties, regional issues and international security.
- Amano once again affirms Iran compliance with JCPOA ISNA 05 Mar 2018 -- International Atomic Energy Agency chief Yukiya Amano on Monday once again affirmed Iran compliance with the 2015 nuclear deal and said inspectors had had access to all the sites and locations which they needed to visit.
- All to regret nuclear deal failure: Iran president Press TV 05 Mar 2018 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says everyone will regret the possible collapse of the landmark nuclear agreement reached between Iran and the P5+1 group of countries in 2015 as the US continues its efforts to sabotage the deal and issues threats to pull out of it.
- Europe must pressure US to comply with Iran nuclear deal: Zarif Press TV 05 Mar 2018 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says Europe must pressure the United States to fulfill its obligations under the 2015 nuclear agreement amid Washington's threat to pull out of it.
- IAEA chief warns of 'great loss' if nuclear deal collapses Press TV 05 Mar 2018 -- The head of the UN nuclear agency has once again confirmed Iran's compliance with the 2015 nuclear agreement between Iran and the P5+1 group of countries, warning that any collapse of the deal would be a "great loss."
- UN Nuclear Watchdog: Iran-Accord Failure Would Be 'Great Loss' RFE/RL 05 Mar 2018 -- The failure of a landmark 2015 agreement between Iran and world powers to restrict Tehran's nuclear program would represent a "great loss," the head of the UN's atomic watchdog has said.
- Iran: We Can Resume Enriching Weapons-Grade Uranium in 'Less than 48 Hours' Sputnik 05 Mar 2018 -- Iran's atomic authority warned that they could produce highly enriched uranium in just two days, should the United States bow out of the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), meant to put a halt to Tehran's atomic ambitions.
- Collapse of Iran nuclear deal would be 'great loss,' says UN atomic agency chief UN News 05 Mar 2018 -- Iran is implementing a series of commitments under the nuclear agreement reached with key countries in 2015, the head of the United Nations nuclear energy agency said Monday.
- Tehran Rejects Manama's Accusations of Plotting Terrorist Attacks in Bahrain Sputnik 04 Mar 2018 -- Tehran is rejecting all Manama's accusations of supporting people who planned terrorist attacks in Bahrain, Iranian Foreign Ministry said Sunday in a press release.
- President: Tehran committed to JCPOA as others follow suit IRNA 04 Mar 2018 -- President Hassan Rouhani appreciated Paris for its stances in favor of the JCPOA and re-emphasized the necessity for adherence of all sides to its provisions.
- Iran, France presidents discuss nuclear deal, Syria's Ghouta by phone Press TV 04 Mar 2018 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and his French counterpart, Emmanuel Macron, have discussed the latest developments regarding Iran's nuclear deal with the P5+1 group of countries and the current situation in Syria's Eastern Ghouta.
- French FM Takes Tough Line On Iran's Missiles Before Visit RFE/RL 04 Mar 2018 -- French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian has said ahead of a March 5visit to Tehran that the country needed to address concerns over its ballistic-missile program or risked new sanctions.
- France Plans to Continue Dialogue With Iran on Nuclear Program Sputnik 04 Mar 2018 -- France will continue to maintain dialogue with Iran over the latter's nuclear program and, as part of the nuclear deal, plans to preserve the agreement, the French Foreign Ministry said Sunday, on the eve of Foreign Minister Jean Yves Le Drian visit to Tehran.
- Iran ready for US withdrawal from nuclear deal: Envoy IRNA 03 Mar 2018 -- Iran is ready for the US potential withdrawal from the nuclear deal reached between Iran and the G5+1 (US, UK, France, China, Russia plus Germany) in 2015.
- Defense issues Iran's redline: Top official IRNA 03 Mar 2018 -- Top Iranian official criticized certain European countries for their remarks against Iran's missile programs and noted that commenting on Iranian defense program is none of their business.
- Annihilating US nuke weapons, Iran's missile negotiations pre-conditions IRNA 03 Mar 2018 -- Destroying US nuclear weapons and the long-range missiles are Iran's pre-conditions for holding talks on missile programs, Armed Forces spokesman General Masoud Jazayeri said.
- Iran air defense system nightmare for enemies: Comdr IRNA 03 Mar 2018 -- The Iranian air defense system Bavar-373, which has a higher quality than S-300, has turned into a nightmare for the enemies, said the commander of the Iranian Air Defense Force.
- No missile talks unless US, Europe give up their nuclear weapons: Gen. Jazayeri ISNA 03 Mar 2018 -- Deputy Chief of Staff of Iran's Armed Forces stressed on Saturday that there can be no talks on Iran's missile programme unless the United States and the European countries destroy their nuclear weapons and long-range missiles.
- FM spokesman rejects UN report on human rights situation in Iran ISNA 03 Mar 2018 -- Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Bahram Qassemi has strongly dismissed as "invalid and worthless" the latest report by the UN secretary general on human rights situation in Iran.
- Iran's defense program none of France's concern: Velayati Press TV 03 Mar 2018 -- A senior Iranian official says the Islamic Republic's defense program is no concern of other countries, following the meddlesome stance adopted by France on Iran's military and missile power.
- Iran will not talk missiles unless US, Europe destroy nukes, long-range missiles: Commander Press TV 03 Mar 2018 -- A senior Iranian military commander says the Islamic Republic will hold no negotiations over its missile program unless the United States and Europe dismantle their nuclear weapons and long-range missiles.
- Tehran Rules Out Missiles Talks Until US, Europe Destroy Their Nukes Sputnik 03 Mar 2018 -- The Iranian military's spokesman has commented on US President Donald Trump's threat to scrap the 2015 Iran Nuclear on the pretext of Tehran developing its missile program.
- Iran's Khamenei Defiant After EU Call To Pressure Syria On Truce RFE/RL 02 Mar 2018 -- Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on March 1 praised Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and said Tehran will continue to support him, despite an international outcry over civilian deaths in eastern Ghouta.
- Iran's Supreme Leader sees Syrian president as resistant fighter IRNA 01 Mar 2018 -- Iran's Supreme Leader said on Thursday that Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad's resistance has made him a great fighting figure.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list