26 June 2010 Military News
- Airpower Summary: June 24 AFNS 26 Jun 2010
- Iraqi Air Force, Iraqi Army form relationship Army News 26 Jun 2010 -- There is another layer to developing relationships that is becoming stronger - the partnership between the various ISF elements themselves.
- Iraqi Tactical Skills Unit conducts urban training Army News 26 Jun 2010 -- Soldiers of C/3-29th Field Artillery conducted urban maneuver training for the Iraqi Police's Muthanna Tactical Skills Unit at the Provincial Regional Training Center.
- Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Cameron of the United Kingdom After Bilateral Meeting, 06/26/10 The White House 26 Jun 2010
- UK's Cameron Wants Afghan Pullout Within Five Years RFE/RL 26 Jun 2010 -- British Prime Minister David Cameron has said he would like to see UK troops pull out of Afghanistan within five years.
- Blast Hits Kabul's Government, Diplomatic Area RFE/RL 26 Jun 2010 -- An explosion in Kabul has rocked a district of the capital that is home to government offices and foreign embassies.
- Pakistan, Afghanistan not to use territories against each others IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- Pakistan and Afghanistan Friday agreed not to allow their territories for use against each others’ interests.
- Pakistan supports Afghan reconciliation process IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- PM Gilani announced Pakistan’s support for the process of reconciliation and integration in the neighbouring war-shattered Afghanistan.
- Russia's drug chief opens drug observatory in Russian Far East RIA Novosti 26 Jun 2010 -- Russia's drug control chief Viktor Ivanov opened on Saturday the Far Eastern Drug Observatory to monitor drug trafficking in North East Asia.
- Pakistani forces kill 10 militants, arrest commander IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- Pakistani security forces have killed at least 10 militants in Lower Orakzai tribal region in clashes erupted after attack on a check post.
- US drone kills two people in Pakistan IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- A US drone strike killed two suspected militants and wounded three others in Pakistan’s North Waziristan tribal region.
Defense Policy / Programs
- G8 Muskoka: Non-proliferation and Iran, 06/26/10 The White House 26 Jun 2010
- US Plan to Use Nukes against DPRK Disclosed KCNA 26 Jun 2010 -- It was disclosed that the US imperialists worked out a reckless plan to attack the DPRK with nukes in 1969.
- Remarks by President Obama and President Lee Myung-Bak of the Republic of Korea After Bilateral Meeting, 06/26/10 The White House 26 Jun 2010
- Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Kan of Japan after Bilateral Meeting, 06/26/10 The White House 26 Jun 2010
- Remarks by President Obama and President Hu Jintao of the People's Republic of China Before Bilateral Meeting, 06/26/10 The White House 26 Jun 2010
- Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Singh of India before Bilateral Meeting, 06/26/10 The White House 26 Jun 2010
- Landing Force to bilaterally train with ROK Marines USMC News 26 Jun 2010 -- Landing Force that participated in Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training 2010 debarked from ship and landed in Korea June 25.
- Pakistani President, US army chief discuss security IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- Admiral Mike Mullen met President Zardari and discussed fight against militancy and regional security situation.
- US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman arrives in Pakistan IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- US Navy Adm. Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, arrived in Pakistan to meet with Pakistani leaders and US Embassy officials.
- Three US F-16 aircraft arrive in Pakistan IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- First batch of latest version of U.S. fighter F-16 aircraft arrived at Pakistan Air Force base in Sindh province.
- US delivers 18 F-16 aircraft to Pakistan IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- The US Air Force set to deliver the first of 18 new F-16 Fighting Falcon jet fighters to the Pakistani Air Force in a sign of deepening relations.
- Russian missile cruiser completes visit to U.S., leaves San Francisco RIA Novosti 26 Jun 2010 -- A task force from the Russian Pacific Fleet led by the Varyag missile cruiser completed its a friendly visit to the US.
- Russia mulls purchase of Ukrainian missile cruiser RIA Novosti 26 Jun 2010 -- Russian Navy Commander Admiral Vladimir Vysotsky: Russia considers purchasing an unfinished missile cruiser from Ukraine.
- Press Briefing by Secretary of the Treasury Geithner, 06/26/10 The White House 26 Jun 2010
- Conference Call Briefing by Ben Rhodes, Mike Froman, Ambassador Jeff Bader, and Danny Russel, 06/26/10 The White House 26 Jun 2010
- Sending relief aid ship to Gaza still on the agenda: Official IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- Deputy FM in Arab Affairs Sheybani: Plan to send a relief aid ship to Gaza Strip by governmental or non-governmental organizations is still on the agenda.
- G8 Summit: Joint Statement On The Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict by Dmitry Medvedev, President Of The Russian Federation, Barack Obama, President Of The United States Of America, and Nicolas Sarkozy, President Of The French Republic, 06/26/10 The White House 26 Jun 2010
- U.S., French, Russian leaders issue joint statement on Nagorno-Karabakh RIA Novosti 26 Jun 2010 -- The presidents of Russia, the US and France issued a joint statement on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- Armenian FM Deems Baku 'Responsible' For Karabakh Fighting RFE/RL 26 Jun 2010 -- Armenian FM Nalbandian has claimed the international community holds Azerbaijan primarily responsible for the latest upsurge in cease-fire violations.
- Pak-India striving to build trust deficit IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- Pakistan and India in recent months have increased interaction to build trust deficit between the two countries and to pave the way for the planned Foreign Ministers level talks next month.
- Tension Mounts in Kashmir as two more boys killed in Sopore IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- Massive protests have erupted in north Kashmir town of Sopore after two more Kashmiri boys were killed in indiscriminate firing by the federal police.
- G8 leaders criticize Iran, condemn Cheonan sinking RIA Novosti 26 Jun 2010 -- The G8 leaders have called on Iran to respect the rule of law and freedom of speech and condemned the sinking of the South Korean Cheonan warship.
- Supreme Leader instructs nation to be cautious against enemy plots, deception IRNA 26 Jun 2010 -- Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei called on the nation and officials to be cautious against enemy plots and deception.
- WPK Conference to Be Convened KCNA 26 Jun 2010 -- The Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea on June 23 released a decision on convening a conference of the WPK.
- Korean War Termed Product of US Ambition KCNA 26 Jun 2010 -- US instigated the south Koreans to launch the Korean war of aggression in a bid to dominate the whole of the Korean Peninsula.
- Kyrgyz leader to vote in referendum from Osh RIA Novosti 26 Jun 2010 -- Head of the Kyrgyz interim government Roza Otunbayeva has arrived in the southern Kyrgyz city of Osh to take part in Sunday's referendum on the constitution.
- Kyrgyzstan declares 'Day of Silence' before constitution referendum RIA Novosti 26 Jun 2010 -- The Kyrgyz interim government declared Saturday a "Day of Silence" before the 27 June referendum on a new constitution.
- U.S. Hopes For Fair, Transparent Referendum In Kyrgyzstan RFE/RL 26 Jun 2010 -- The United States says it hopes Kyrgyzstan will carry out "a fair and transparent" referendum this weekend on an amended constitution.
- Kyrgyzstan Uneasy Ahead of Sunday Referendum VOA 26 Jun 2010 -- Kyrgyzstan holds a referendum on a new constitution Sunday amid fears the vote could spark renewed clashes between ethnic Kyrgyz and Uzbeks in the country's south.
- Kyrgyzstan Prepares For Referendum Amid Ongoing Instability RFE/RL 26 Jun 2010 -- People in Kyrgyzstan are voting a referendum the government says represents the only way to end ethnic clashes many believe to have killed thousands this month.
- Nearly all Kyrgyzstan refugees return home - interim minister RIA Novosti 26 Jun 2010 -- Nearly all the refugees who fled across the border to neighboring Uzbekistan have returned to their homes in Kyrgyzstan.
- Azerbaijan lent Belarus money to settle gas debts with Russia RIA Novosti 26 Jun 2010 -- Azerbaijani President Aliyev lent Belarus money to settle its debts with Russian state-run gas giant Gazprom, Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko said.
- Remarks by President Obama at G-20 Press Conference in Toronto, Canada, 06/26/10 The White House 26 Jun 2010
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|