10 June 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Israel Aircraft Industries, Elta & Mbt to upgrade Venezuelan LUPO FRIGATES, Radars and Weapon Control Systems Israel Aerospace Industries 10 Jun 1999 -- Israel Aircraft Industries Ltd. (IAI), Electronic Group, through its ELTA Electronics Industries Ltd. subsidiary and the MBT Division have recently been contracted by Ingalls Shipyards, Mississippi USA, to supply advanced radar and weapon control systems to be installed on Venezuelan Lupo class frigates. The two contracts include ELTA?s 3-D surveillance and threat alert radar (STAR) EL/M-2238, and MBT?s new model, off-the-shelf based weapon control system.
- IAIs Mata Division and ITL Ltd. develop Infra-Red lighting system to enhance safety for helicopter night formation flying Israel Aerospace Industries 10 Jun 1999 -- An infra-red lighting system to enhance helicopter night formation flying has been developed by Israel Aircraft Industries Ltd. (IAI) Mata Division in collaboration with International Technologies (Lasers) Ltd., of Rishon-Lezion, Israel.
- IAIs Elta subsidiary wins contract for advanced Tactical Ground Surveillance Radar Israel Aerospace Industries 10 Jun 1999 -- A contract to supply 180 tactical ground surveillance radars was recently awarded to ELTA Electronics Industries, a subsidiary of Israel Aircraft Industries, by an undisclosed Asian country.
- IAI/Tamam Division And Agusta Are Teaming For The Atak Helicpter Program In Turkey Israel Aerospace Industries 10 Jun 1999 -- Israel Aircraft Industries, Ltd. (IAI)/Tamam Division, and Agusta un'Azienda Finmeccanica, the Italian helicopter company, are presently working on the 2nd phase of the Turkish Land Forces Command (TLFC) tender for the advanced attack helicopters (ATAK) program.
- IAI's TAMAM Division develops night operations suite to upgrade and modernize helicopters Israel Aerospace Industries 10 Jun 1999 -- An advanced Night Operations Suite (NOPS) to extend the operational capabilities of helicopters has been developed by Israel Aircraft Industries' Tamam Division.
- Elta reveals fourth generation Naval Radar Israel Aerospace Industries 10 Jun 1999 -- ELTA Electronics Industries, a subsidiary of Israeli Aircraft Industries, announces the sale of a number of its EL/M-2238 STAR Naval Multipurpose Surveillance Search and Threat Alert Radars to several customers worldwide.
- Israel Aircraft Industries Tamam Division Wins Contract To Upgrade MI-24/35 Helicopter For Night Operations Israel Aerospace Industries 10 Jun 1999 -- A contract to upgrade the MI-24/35 helicopter for night operations has been awarded to Israel Aircraft Industries Tamam Division by a foreign customer.
- Israel Aircraft Industries Tamam Division Develops New Ultra Lightweight Plug-In Optronic Payload Israel Aerospace Industries 10 Jun 1999 -- Israel Aircraft Industries Tamam Division has developed a new generation ultra-lightweight electro-optic payload.
- IAI/TAMAM Division and AGUSTA are Teaming for the Atak Helicpter Program in Turkey Israel Aerospace Industries 10 Jun 1999 -- Tamam and Agusta have agreed at the early stage of the tender, to respond to the RFP for the ATAK program issued by the Under Secretariat for Defense Industries in the Turkish MND
- 10 June 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 10 Jun 1999
- SRI LANKA / FIGHTING Voice of America 10 June 1999 -- MORE THAN 60 TAMIL TIGER REBELS AND GOVERNMENT SOLDIERS HAVE BEEN KILLED IN FIGHTING IN NORTHERN SRI LANKA.
- RICE DOES NOT RULE OUT U.S. ROLE IN CONGO PEACEKEEPING PHASEUSIA 10 June 1999 -- Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Susan Rice has not ruled out the possibility of U.S. involvement in a peacekeeping force in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DROC) once a diplomatic settlement is reached in the civil war that has embroiled nine African nations in the region.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|