IAI's TAMAM Division develops night operations suite to upgrade and modernize helicopters
Jun 10, 1999
An advanced Night Operations Suite (NOPS) to extend the operational capabilities of helicopters has been developed by Israel Aircraft Industries' Tamam Division.
NOPS provides a complete, modular solution for safe, low level night flying.
The major elements of the NOPS package are Night Vision Goggles and Helmet Mounted Displays for each crew member. A Tactical Moving Map and a Helicopter multi-mission stabilized optronic payload are also utilized.
The basic suite can be used to upgrade and expand the capability of all types of helicopters.
Full combat capability is achieved by adding the following features:
* Helmet Motion Sensor - For sensors and weapons slaving.
* Integrated Self-Defense Suite - Using Radar Warning Receiver, Laser Warning Receiver, Missile Approach Warning System, and Chaff & Flare Dispenser.
* Mission Management Computer - For ground mission planning and debriefing, Mission Data Loader and data and video recorder.
* Full Glass Cockpit - With multi-function display.
* Weapons Delivery Management.
The full NOPS is displayed on a MI-35 helicopter, which is being exhibited at the Paris Air Show.
For more information, contact:
Deputy Corp VP for Communications
Tel: 972 (3) 93 5-8509
Fax: 972 (3) 935-8512
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|