Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
December 2005 Pakistan Special Weapons News
- Airmen continue Pakistan relief support AFPN 30 Dec 2005 -- The Air Force continues to support Pakistan-led earthquake recovery operations by airlifting much-needed supplies into the devastated region.
- US troops to leave Pakistan in March next year: ambassador IRNA 25 Dec 2005 -- American troops will leave Pakistan's earthquake-hit areas in March next year, US Ambassador Ryan C Crocker was quoted as saying on Sunday.
- Pak army building bunkers, observation towers near Int'l border IRNA 21 Dec 2005 -- Pakistani Army troops are building bunkers, observation towers and new posts in close proximity to the International Border, including Barmer, Jaisalmer and Bikaner borders.
- Musharraf urges India not to miss peace opportunity IRNA 20 Dec 2005 -- President General Pervez Musharraf said on Monday that the earthquake provided an opportunity for building further links between the Kashmiris on both sides, and that such opportunity should not be missed.
- Pakistan's former spy chief blames US for military ruler's killing IRNA 20 Dec 2005 -- The former chief of Pakistan's spy agency has held America responsible for the killing of the former military president General Mohammad Zia ul-Haq.
- Pakistan-India next round of talks, next month: Official IRNA 20 Dec 2005 -- Pakistan and India will hold next round of composite dialogue next month, Foreign Office spokesperson, Ms Tasnim Aslam said here on Monday.
- Pakistan gets two upgraded F-16s AFPN 14 Dec 2005 -- In the early 1980s, the Pakistan air force received its first F-16 Fighting Falcons from the United States. Since then, the maintenance support for the jets has been as unpredictable as world politics.
- Pakistan says arrival of two F-16 planes part of major deal IRNA 15 Dec 2005 -- The Pakistani information minister said that the United States has delivered two F-16 jet planes as a "goodwill gesture" and that they were "probably free."
- Pakistan receives two F-16s fighter planes: official IRNA 13 Dec 2005 -- Pakistan on Tuesday received two F-16s fighter jets from the United States, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) announced here.
- Pakistan army delegation leaves for Kabul on Wednesday IRNA 13 Dec 2005 -- A top-level delegation of Pakistani army leaves for Kabul on Wednesday on a two-day official visit, the army said on Tuesday.
- Questions Surround al-Qaida Leader's Death VOA 06 Dec 2005 -- Days after his reported death, there are more questions than answers surrounding alleged al-Qaida leader Abu Hamza Rabia
- Pakistan: U.S. Involvement Denied In Death Of Al-Qaeda Commander RFE/RL 04 Dec 2005 -- Pakistan is denying reports that a U.S. missile was used to kill a senior Al Qaeda official in Pakistan earlier this week
- Pak cooperating with IAEA on Iran nuclear issue: El Baradei IRNA 02 Dec 2005 -- Hopeful of making a direct interaction with Pakistani nuclear scientist A.Q. Khan, International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Mohammed El Baradei today said Islamabad had been cooperating with IAEA in resolving issues pertaining to Iran's nuclear issue .
- UN says 90% tents in Pakistan quake areas not winterized: UN IRNA 02 Dec 2005 -- The United Nations relief agencies said on Friday that 90 per cent tents supplied to survivors in Pakistan earthquake-hit areas are not winterized.
- NATO mission mandate not to be extended: Pakistan IRNA 02 Dec 2005 -- Pakistan has conveyed to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) that its mission's stay in the country would not be extended.
- Pakistan-Missile attack WRD/ 3 foreigners among 5 killed in Pakistan missile attack: report IRNA 01 Dec 2005 -- Three foreign suspects and two locals were killed in an overnight missile attack in Pakistan's North Waziristan tribal region, a TV report said on Thursday.
- Pakistan Blast Kills Suspected Militants Near Afghan Border VOA 01 Dec 2005 -- Pakistani officials say an accidental blast has killed five militants near the Afghan border, but residents dispute their account.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list