14 January 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- One Task Force Lightning Soldier Dies, One Wounded
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Jan. 14 AFPN 14 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Jan. 14.
- Coalition Targets Iranian Influence in Northern Iraq AFPS 14 Jan 2007 -- As part of their ongoing effort to target Iranian influence in northern Iraq, coalition forces continue investigating the activities of five Iranian nationals detained in Irbil, Iraq, Jan. 11, officials in Baghdad said today.
- Ongoing Operations in Iraq Net Insurgents, Weapons Caches AFPS 14 Jan 2007 -- Coalition officials in Iraq reported today continued success by U.S., coalition and Iraqi troops in capturing terrorists and destroying weapons caches planned to support their operations.
- Operation Squeeze Play makes Ramadi safer MNF-I 14 Jan 2007 -- During a month-long operation, Iraqi security forces along with Coalition forces seized 31 caches of weapons, explosives, and ammunition, while gaining the support of four more tribes in Ramadi.
- Camp Taji's 'Bunker 182' aims to reach a new generation of Soldiers MNF-I 14 Jan 2007 -- Chaplains from the 1st Cavalry Division's 1st Air Cavalry Brigade aim to instill a good moral foundation for Soldiers here through a new outreach program called "Bunker 182."
- Street Fighting Paratrooper Style MNF-I 14 Jan 2007 -- Camp Buehring, a flat, endless network of tents, barriers and containers stretching into the desert, is far removed from the chaotic sprawl of a city like Baghdad. So, how do Soldiers train for urban warfare when they're stuck in the desert?
- White House Defends Iraq Strategy VOA 14 Jan 2007 -- President Bush says he will implement his revised Iraq strategy despite substantial Congressional opposition
- More U.S. Troops in Iraq Will Further Democratic Progress, Cheney Says AFPS 14 Jan 2007 -- Sending additional U.S. troops to Iraq will not only improve the security situation there, it will further the country's democratic and economic progress, Vice President Dick Cheney said today during an interview on "Fox News Sunday."
- Iraq's Foreign Minister Confirms Support for New US Strategy VOA 14 Jan 2007 -- Iraqi foreign minister Hoshyar Zebari says his government supports the new strategy for his country, as outlined by President Bush in a speech Wednesday in Washington
- Iran Rejects US Accusations of Terrorist Support in Iraq VOA 14 Jan 2007 -- Iran is demanding release of five people seized by U.S. troops who recently raided an Iranian office in northern Iraq
- MP: Attack on Iran's consulate in Arbil obvious violation of int'l laws IRNA 14 Jan 2007 -- MP from Semnan, Abdolreza Torabi, here Sunday said that the recent attack on Iranian Consulate in the Iraqi city of Arbil is a clear violation of international laws.
- MP: Attack on Iran's consulate in Arbil reveals US imprudence IRNA 14 Jan 2007 -- MP from Karaj, Fatemeh Ajorlou, here Sunday condemned the recent attack on Iranian Consulate in the Iraqi city of Arbil, adding that the measure marks the imprudence of the White House leaders.
- MP: More US troops will not bring peace to Iraq IRNA 14 Jan 2007 -- Deployment of more troops in Iraq by the US would bring no peace to the war-torn country, Tehran MP Soheila Jelodarzadeh said Sunday.
- US intends to impose pressure on Iran: spokesman IRNA 14 Jan 2007 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said on Sunday that the US attack on Iran's consulate general in the northern Iraqi city of Arbil was aimed at imposing pressure on Tehran to implement Washington's new strategy.
- Iran Demands Release Of Iranians Arrested In Iraq RFE/RL 14 Jan 2007 -- Iran demands the immediate release of five Iranians held by U.S. forces in Iraq, saying they were "involved in consulate affairs."
- IRAQ: Violence against Syrian refugees increasing IRIN 15 Jan 2007 -- Thousands of Syrian refugees and residents in Iraq face increasing violence and lack of assistance from local NGOs, according to rights groups.
- Iraq's Talabani Meets With Syrian President Assad in Damascus VOA 14 Jan 2007 -- Iraq's president, Jalal Talabani, has met with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the first trip to Syria by an Iraqi president in almost three decades.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|