14 June 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 14 Jun 2005 [PDF]
- TWO SOLDIERS ASSIGNED TO MARINES KILLED NEAR RAMADI
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- 18TH MILITARY POLICE BRIGADE SOLDIER KILLED
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Suicide Bomber Kills 23 in Iraqi City of Kirkuk VOA 14 Jun 2005 -- A suicide-bomber has killed at least 23 people in a market in Iraq's city of Kirkuk and wounded dozens of others. Kirkuk is the northern headquarters of Iraq's oil industry and is the focus of concerns about growing ethnic tensions across the country.
- Deadly Bomb Attack Hits Iraqi Oil City RFE/RL 14 Jun 2005 -- A bomb exploded outside a bank in the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk today, killing at least 16 people and injuring more than 50 others.
- Weapons cache recovered, terrorists detained north of Babil MNF-I 15 Jun 2005 -- Multi-National Division Central-South troops discovered a weapons cache and detained seven terror suspects during overnight operations ending early June 14.
- Seabees Welcome Home NMCB 23 Navy NewsStand 14 Jun 2005 -- A homecoming and reunion celebration for Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 23 was held here June 11 to welcome home the hundreds of Reserve Seabees who returned from their Iraq deployment in early April.
- Rumsfeld, Pace Speak About Future in Iraq AFPS 14 Jun 2005 -- The coalition and Iraqi security forces are facing a "thinking enemy," and that enemy has changed its tactics in response to what the coalition has done, the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said here today.
- Rice Sees Iraqi Reconstruction as Important Cause Washington File 14 Jun 2005 -- The effort to rebuild Iraq is a "tough fight," says Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, but it has a worthy goal.
- UN Panel Re-Opens Probe Into Possible Annan Oil-For-Food Link VOA 14 Jun 2005 -- A U.N.-appointed commission is urgently reviewing fresh information that raises new questions about Secretary-General Kofi Annan's role in awarding lucrative contracts under the oil-for-food program.
- Iraq: UN envoy meets with Prime Minister to discuss constitutional process UN News Centre 14 Jun 2005 -- The senior United Nations envoy in Iraq and Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari met today to discuss the ongoing constitution-making process in the country, including the participation of groups from outside the Transitional National Assembly
- Coalition transfers base to Iraqi Army Army News 14 Jun 2005 -- A ceremony was held in western Baghdad June 9 to officially transfer the authority of Raider Base from Coalition Forces to the Iraqi Army.
- Tehran, Baghdad flights to start in two month: Iraqi tranportation minister IRNA 14 Jun 2005 -- Iraqi transportation minister said here Tuesday hat Tehran-Baghdad flight will be established in the next two month.
- Barzani Sworn In As Kurdish President RFE/RL 14 Jun 2005 -- Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) head Mas'ud Barzani was sworn in as president of the Kurdistan region at a 14 June ceremony in Irbil, RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq (RFI) reported.
- EU says preparations for Iraq conference going well IRNA 14 Jun 2005 -- The Council of European Union Foreign Ministers in their meeting in Luxembourg Monday drew up an assessment of preparations for the international conference on Iraq, due to take place in Brussels on June 22.
- Iraqi Media Monitoring UNAMI 14 Jun 2005
- Iraq's SCIRI leader in Tehran IRNA 14 Jun 2005 -- Leader of the Supreme Council of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SCIRI) Seyed Abdul Aziz al Hakim arrived here Tuesday morning.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|