25 April 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 25 Apr 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Navy Casualty
- Iraq Bomb Attacks Kill 22 VOA News 25 Apr 2005 -- A wave of bomb attacks across Iraq killed at least 22 people Sunday.
- Brigade mechanics keep wheels rolling into combat MNF-I/MNC-I 25 Apr 2005 -- The sound of cranking ratchets, rumbling engines and shrieking timing belts can often be heard in one spot on Camp Loyalty.
- Detainee dies of wounds MNF-I/MNC-I 25 Apr 2005 -- A 20-year-old male security detainee who was medically evacuated to the 115th Field Hospital died April 24 at approximately 9:30 p.m. from gunshot wounds he received two weeks ago while engaging Coalition Forces.
- Cordon and search operation in Babil Province MNF-I/MNC-I 25 Apr 2005 -- Coalition forces from Multinational Division Central-South conducted Operation Philadelphia to find illegal weapons and ammunition in the Babil Province from April 22nd to 24th.
- Iraqi, U.S. Soldiers on the offense against terrorists MNF-I/MNC-I 25 Apr 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers continued offensive operations today against terrorists in four brigade-sized operations centered in the general Baghdad vicinity.
- Coalition, Iraqi Security Forces, citizens continue progress against terrorists MNF-I/MNC-I 25 Apr 2005 -- Multi-National Force-Iraq reports Iraqi citizens increasingly provide information to aid in eliminating terrorists from Iraq.
- Avengers 'gun up' for Iraq duty Army News 25 Apr 2005 -- An Army unit preparing to deploy knew its Avenger air defense vehicles weren't built for ground combat in Iraq, so the Soldiers asked for help.
- ISF, 1/6 branch out during 'Operation Badlands' USMC News 25 Apr 2005 -- The metallic grinding sound of assault amphibian vehicles and the rumble of truck engines cut through the silent, early morning air as dozens of armored transports penetrate the town.
- II MEF (FWD) treads water status, stays afloat USMC News 25 Apr 2005 -- The malfunctioning of several water pumps caused service members to restrict water usage in living quarters here April 18.
- Bonhomme Richard Completes Mission in Persian Gulf Navy NewsStand 25 Apr 2005 -- The multipurpose amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) (BHR) departed the Persian Gulf April 19 after bringing the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) back aboard from combat operations in Iraq.
- Bush Administration Urges Iraqis to Form Government VOA News 25 Apr 2005 -- The Bush administration says it is prodding Iraqi politicians to form a government, but insists the process must be controlled by Iraqis themselves.
- UN looks to improve lot of Iraqis at bottom rung of socio-economic ladder UN News Centre 25 Apr 2005 -- While the senior United Nations envoy for Iraq continues his almost daily consultations with the top echelons of the political elite, seeking to ensure full participation in writing a new constitution, a second UN body is focusing on the lower reaches of society, aiming to improve living conditions for its poorest members.
- New Iraqi Cabinet Expected As Attacks Mount RFE/RL 25 Apr 2005 -- As Iraqi politicians continue to wrangle over the makeup of a cabinet nearly three months after historic national voting, violence is on the rise again following the relative lull that followed the parliamentary elections.
- Iraqi Parliament Faces Challenges in Drafting New Constitution VOA News 25 Apr 2005 -- Iraqs parliament is to complete the formation of the new government soon and begin deliberations on a new constitution. The task is not expected to be easy, because of a desire to include all of Iraqs ethnic and religious groups in the process.
- EU encourages swift formation of Iraqi government IRNA 25 Apr 2005 -- European Union Foreign Ministers Monday said they encourage the swift formation of the Iraqi transitional government as an important further step in the process of Iraq's political transition.
- British Election Campaign Focuses on Iraq VOA News 25 Apr 2005 -- British Prime Minister Tony Blair's handling of the Iraq war has come under attack by both major opposition parties just 10 days before a general election.
- Iraqi Media Monitoring UNAMI 25 Apr 2005
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|