Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2017 - Iran Special Weapons News
- After Attack on IS, Iran Proposes Expanding Missile Program VOA 30 Jun 2017 -- Iran's parliament is considering a proposal to spend nearly $550 million to bolster security and expand the country's missile program.
- UN calls for full implementation of JCPOA by all sides IRNA 30 Jun 2017 -- The United Nations and the European Union in a Security Council meeting called for full implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action by all sides.
- UN: No report on violation of resolution 2231 by Iran IRNA 30 Jun 2017 -- UN Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman said that the secretary general had not received any report, nor is he aware of any open source information regarding the supply, sale or transfer to Iran of nuclear-related items undertaken contrary to the provisions.
- U.S. Lambastes UN For Failing To Punish Iran For Sanctions Violations RFE/RL 30 Jun 2017 -- U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley lambasted the Security Council for failing to take any action against Iran, which she said had "repeatedly and deliberately violated" sanctions imposed by the body.
- Security Council updated on status of resolution on Iran's nuclear programme UN News 29 Jun 2017 -- Briefing the Security Council today, the United Nations political chief called on the participants of the plan of action on Iran's nuclear programme as well as the wider international community to continue to support the full and effective implementation of the agreement.
- Shamkhani dismisses US' "vain" claims on Syria IRNA 28 Jun 2017 -- Secretary General of Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Shamkhani dismissed the US' "vain" claims that Damascus intended to use chemical weapons, noting that the allegations are in line with confronting decisive advancement of the Syrian army.
- US playing with fire in Syria, warns senior Iranian official Press TV 28 Jun 2017 -- A senior Iranian official has rejected US claims that Syria may be preparing for a chemical attack, warning that Washington is playing with fire in the Arab country.
- US Hopes Russia, Iran to Take 'Second Look' at Potential Syrian Chemical Sputnik 27 Jun 2017 -- The US ambassador to the UN hopes that Russia and Iran will take a second look at the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Syrian government.
- Free Syrian Army Against Iranian Troops' Deployment to Safe Zones Sputnik 27 Jun 2017 -- The armed Syrian opposition has not received official information on possible deployment of troops from different countries to the de-escalation zones, while the Free Syrian Army is against the deployment of Iranian servicemen, a member of the armed opposition delegation told Sputnik.
- Iran Blasts US Top Court Ruling on Trump Travel Ban VOA 27 Jun 2017 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has denounced the U.S. Supreme Court's partial reinstatement of a travel ban affecting six predominately Muslim countries and said the decision could energize terrorist groups.
- Zarif: JCPOA's success brought about by people IRNA 27 Jun 2017 -- Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said late on Monday that the people brought the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) to bear result and brought six world powers to the negotiating table.
- Qatar Emir Remains Committed to Developing Ties With Iran Despite Gulf Row Sputnik 26 Jun 2017 -- Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani held a phone conversation on Sunday evening with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and expressed commitment to develop the bilateral relations in all fields despite the ongoing diplomatic row in the Persian Gulf.
- Iran-Qatar ties benefit regional nations: Rouhani Press TV 25 Jun 2017 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says the Islamic Republic's policy is based on strengthening relations with Qatar, stressing that "brotherly and friendly" Tehran-Doha ties will be beneficial to regional nations.
- Iranian Leader Urges Regional States to Stay Rational Amid Qatar Diplomatic Row Sputnik 25 Jun 2017 -- President of Iran Hassan Rouhani has called on the regional states to stay rational in case of any disagreements, adding that sanctions and intimidation was a bad way to settle problems, in particular the recent Arab states-Qatar diplomatic row.
- Iranian commander: All missiles hit their targets Press TV 25 Jun 2017 -- A senior commander with the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says Iranian missiles recently fired at Daesh in Syria all hit their designated targets.
- Will Downing of Tehran Drone Hurt Pakistan-Iran Relations Further? VOA 24 Jun 2017 -- Pakistan's claim this week that it shot down an Iranian drone that had crossed into its airspace is heating up tensions already on the rise over cross-border skirmishes and diplomatic rifts over alleged militancy, analysts say.
- Iran's Nuclear Chief Warns U.S. Against Tilting Power Balance In Middle East RFE/RL 24 Jun 2017 -- Iran's atomic energy chief Ali Akbar Salehi, who helped forge the 2015 nuclear agreement, warned the United States on June 23 against upsetting the balance of power in the Middle East by siding with arch-rival Saudi Arabia.
- JCPOA will survive if West adheres to commitments: Iran nuclear chief Press TV 23 Jun 2017 -- Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi says the survival of the 2015 landmark nuclear agreement between the Islamic Republic and the P5+1 group of countries depends on the resolve of the West.
- IRGC disbands terror outfit in western Iran Press TV 23 Jun 2017 -- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has disbanded a terrorist group in the western Iranian province of Kurdistan.
- Iran Holds Annual Anti-Israel Rallies, Chant Against Saudi Leaders RFE/RL 23 Jun 2017 -- Hundreds of thousands of people have taken to the streets of Tehran and other Iranian cities to take part in state-sponsored anti-Israeli rallies marking the annual Quds Day, state media report.
- Airbus to sell 73 planes to Iranian airlines Press TV 22 Jun 2017 -- European aviation giant Airbus says it has signed basic agreements with two Iranian airlines over the purchase of a total of 73 planes.
- Iran starts much-awaited gas exports to Iraq Press TV 22 Jun 2017 -- Iran says it has started a much-awaited project to export natural gas to its western neighbor – Iraq.
- Iran Begins Pipeline Gas Exports To Iraq After Years Of Delay RFE/RL 22 Jun 2017 -- Iran has begun exporting natural gas to neighboring Iraq after several years of delays, Iranian state media report.
- Iran Escalates Involvement in Syria With Anti-IS Missile Strike VOA 21 Jun 2017 -- Iran's missile strike this week against Islamic State targets in Syria is escalating its military involvement in Syria and likely will heighten tensions between the U.S.-led coalition and Russian and Iranian forces aligned with the Syrian regime, analysts say.
- IRGC missile strikes showcases national authority IRNA 21 Jun 2017 -- The correct and timely missile operation carried out by IRGC against the headquarters and logistics of the Takfiri terrorists in Deir Ez-Zor, eastern Syria conveyed a clear message to terrorist groups and the regional countries.
- IRGC's anti-terrorist missile operations under Leader's guidelines IRNA 21 Jun 2017 -- The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) said on Wednesday that it had carried out missile operations, codenamed 'Leilatolqadr', according to guidelines of the Supreme Leader of Islamic Revolution.
- Iran Armed Forces to counter any national security threats: Top commander Press TV 21 Jun 2017 -- Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri says the country's security is a red line, pledging to firmly respond to any threats or acts of aggression against the Islamic Republic's national security.
- IRGC says next crushing response to enemies already planned Press TV 21 Jun 2017 -- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says its next "crushing response" to potential enemy missteps has already been planned days after it struck Daesh positions in Syria with missiles in revenge for its terror attacks on Iranian soil.
- Spokesman: Missile attack symbol of national authority IRNA 20 Jun 2017 -- The move by Iranian armed forces and Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) against terrorsits in Syria is a symbol of Iran's national authority, said the government spokesman on Tuesday.
- Iran missile power source of national pride: Comdr IRNA 20 Jun 2017 -- Missile power possessed by the Islamic Republic of Iran, is a source of national pride for the country, says commander of the Second Naval Zone of the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps.
- Assembly of Experts hails IRGC missile attack IRNA 20 Jun 2017 -- Assembly of Experts of the Leadership in a message on Tuesday appreciated the recent Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) missile attack on the Takfiri terrorists of Daesh.
- Spokesman: JCPOA not limiting Iran's defensive programs IRNA 20 Jun 2017 -- The nuclear agreement is not curbing Iran's missile and defense activities, said the government spokesman on Tuesday.
- 65 Daesh Takfiris killed in Iran missile attack: IRGC Press TV 20 Jun 2017 -- At least 65 Daesh terrorists, including several high-ranking intelligence commanders, were killed in Iran's recent missile attack against the Takfiri group's targets in eastern Syria, according to a statement by Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC).
- Iran: Missile strike fraction of response to Daesh Press TV 20 Jun 2017 -- Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan says the recent missile attack against Daesh in Syria was just a small part of the Islamic Republic's reaction to the "indiscriminate" attacks by the terror group on the Iranian soil.
- Iran among top countries in missile power: General IRNA 19 Jun 2017 -- Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri said on Monday that due to the efforts of the Iranian scientists, Islamic Republic is now among top countries in terms of missile power.
- Limited missile attack just part of Iran's armed forces combat ability IRNA 19 Jun 2017 -- Limited missile attack is just part of Iran's armed forces deterrence and combat ability, Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Army Ahmad Reza Pourdastan said.
- VP stresses defensive, deterring nature of Iran's missile power IRNA 19 Jun 2017 -- First Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri said on Monday that Iran's missile might is regarded as a deterrence power to serve peace, stability and security of the region.
- Iran’s missile capability protects its citizens: Zarif ISNA 19 Jun 2017 -- Iranian foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, who is in Mauritania, stressed on Monday that Iran’s missile capability protects its citizens in lawful self-defense.
- Iran among major missile powers in world: Senior military official Press TV 19 Jun 2017 -- Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri has hailed the Islamic Republic’s great missile capabilities, saying Iran is currently among the major missile powers in the world.
- Iran’s missile power aims to eradicate terrorism, extremism: Zarif Press TV 19 Jun 2017 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has defended the country’s right to develop it missile program, saying it is aimed at uprooting terrorism and extremism.
- Zarif: Iran using missile power to protect citizens, hit terrorists IRNA 19 Jun 2017 -- The Islamic Republic of Iran uses its missile power to defend its citizens and at the same time advance the common global fight to uproot Daesh and extremist terrorists, says Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.
- Anti-Daesh operation successful: IRGC spokesman IRNA 19 Jun 2017 -- The spokesman of the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) said that according to the confirmed information, the anti-ISIS missile operation in Deir ez-Zor, eastern Syria, has been completely successful.
- IRGC launches missile attack on Takfiri terrorists’ HQ in Deir Ez-Zor, Syria IRNA 19 Jun 2017 -- The Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) announced Sunday night that it has carried out a missile attack against the headquarters and logistics of the Takfiri terrorists in Deir Ez-Zor, the largest city in eastern Syria, to punish perpetrators of recent terror attacks in Tehran.
- Missile attack on terrorists was coordinated with Syrian government: Iran ISNA 19 Jun 2017 -- Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Bahram Ghasemi stressed on Monday that Iran’s missile attack on terrorist sites in Syria’s eastern region of Deir ez-Zor was coordinated with Syrian government and Damascus knew about it.
- Iran's IRGC Warns Strikes Targeting IS Could Be Repeated RFE/RL 19 Jun 2017 -- Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) has warned "terrorists" that any future attacks against Iran could result in more retaliatory actions.
- Russia starts production of equipment for Iran Bushehr nuclear plant IRNA 19 Jun 2017 -- Russia launched production of equipment necessary for the construction of new reactors at the Bushehr nuclear power plant in Iran, senior Russian official said.
- Russia starts production of equipment for Iran's Bushehr NPP ISNA 19 Jun 2017 -- Russia launched production of equipment necessary for the construction of new reactors at the Bushehr nuclear power plant in Iran, Company of JSC Atomstroyexport announced.
- Terrorist ringleader killed in clashes with IRGC in SE Iran Press TV 19 Jun 2017 -- The ringleader of a terrorist group has been killed in clashes with Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Ground Forces in the southeastern Iranian province of Sistan-and-Baluchestan, a provincial security official says.
- IRGC warns terrorists, backers of 'more revenge’ Press TV 19 Jun 2017 -- Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has warned terrorists and their sponsors about "more serious revenge" should they try their hands at staging more terror attacks against the Islamic Republic.
- Iranian Military Sheds Light on Iran's Missile Strikes in Syria's Deir ez-Zor Sputnik 19 Jun 2017 -- The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps' spokesperson shed light on Iran's ballistic missile strikes on Daesh positions in Syria's Deir ez-Zor.
- Iranian, Chinese joint military exercises kick off in Persian Gulf IRNA 18 Jun 2017 -- Iranian and Chinese joint military maneuver commenced in the Persian Gulf waters on Sunday.
- Iran, China begin naval drill in Strait of Hormuz Press TV 18 Jun 2017 -- The Iranian and Chinese Navies have launched a joint exercise in an area stretching from the strategic Strait of Hormuz to the Sea of Oman in the Persian Gulf.
- Number of Iranian fishing boats driven toward KSA unknown IRNA 18 Jun 2017 -- An informed source said that the number of boats driven by sea waves toward Saudi Arabia is unknown, adding one or three boats could have entered Saudi waters.
- Iranian fisherman killed by Saudi coastguards IRNA 18 Jun 2017 -- An Iranian fisherman has been killed by Saudi Arabia coastguards, an official at the Interior Ministry announced.
- Shamkhani: Supervising board on JCPOA to review US Senate approval IRNA 18 Jun 2017 -- Secretary of Supreme National Security Council Ali Shamkhani said on Sunday that in recent meeting of supervising board for implementation of Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) the US Senate approval was carefully considered and necessary decisions were made for reciprocal acts and moves.
- Iran's Parliament to give apt response to US Senate sanctions bill: Shamkhani Press TV 18 Jun 2017 -- A senior Iranian official has condemned the recent "illegal" measure by the US Senate to approve new sanctions against Iran, saying the Parliament of the Islamic Republic would take "necessary measures" in this regard.
- IRGC completely dismantles terrorist group in southeast Iran: Commander Press TV 18 Jun 2017 -- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has managed to kill all members of a Takfiri terrorist outfit and completely dismantle it in a southeastern Iranian town, a senior IRGC commander says.
- Saudi coastguard kills Iranian fisherman in Persian Gulf Press TV 17 Jun 2017 -- Saudi Arabia's coastguard has killed an Iranian fisherman in the waters south of Iran, a senior border official of the Islamic Republic says.
- Iran Says U.S. Senate's Proposed Sanctions On Missiles Violate Nuclear Deal RFE/RL 17 Jun 2017 -- The U.S. Senate's move to impose new sanctions on Iran is an "unquestionable" violation of Iran's 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, Iranian officials say.
- Following IS Attacks, Iran Cracks Down on Armed Dissident Groups VOA 17 Jun 2017 -- Iranian forces have staged operations against dissidents they say were planning terror attacks during Ramadan in the wake of twin suicide assaults on symbolic sites in Tehran. Officials linked one group to Saudi Arabia, which it claims is trying to destabilize the country.
- Iranian, Chinese warships to hold joint military exercises IRNA 16 Jun 2017 -- Iranian and Chinese warships are to hold a joint military maneuver in the Strait of Hormuz and the Sea of Oman on June 18, 2017.
- FM Spox: Iran's missile defense legitimate not against UNSC Resolution 2231 IRNA 16 Jun 2017 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi said on Friday that Iran's defense missile program is legitimate, in full conformity with the United Nations Security Council's Resolution 2231 and no move can deprive Iran of its legitimate rights.
- Nothing can prevent Iran from pursuing defense right: Qassemi Press TV 16 Jun 2017 -- The Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman has defended the country's "completely legitimate" missile defense program, emphasizing that nothing can prevent the Islamic Republic from exercising its right to defense.
- New US bans in breach of nuclear deal: Iran official Press TV 16 Jun 2017 -- A senior Iranian official slams a new set of sanctions approved by the US Senate against Tehran as a breach of the 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and the P5+1 states, vowing a proper response to the hostile move.
- Senate's Iran Sanctions Bill Faces Differing Views in House VOA 15 Jun 2017 -- A newly passed Senate bill that would impose additional U.S. sanctions on Iran faces uncertain prospects for passage in the House, whose members are expressing differing views about its efficacy.
- China naval group berths at Iran's Bandar Abbas port IRNA 15 Jun 2017 -- A Chinese naval group berthed in southern Iran as Tehran and Beijing maintain their determination to enhance naval cooperation, the Iranian Navy has announced.
- Chinese Navy flotilla docks at Iran's Bandar Abbas People's Daily 15 Jun 2017 -- Chinese Navy vessels berthed at Iranian southern port of Bandar Abbas on Thursday.
- Iran calls on US to fulfill commitments under nuclear deal Press TV 14 Jun 2017 -- Iran's ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says the US needs to honor its commitments under the landmark nuclear agreement between Tehran and the P5+1 group of countries.
- Zarif Says Saudi Arabia Supports Terrorists In Western, Eastern Iran RFE/RL 13 Jun 2017 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has accused Saudi Arabia of "actively" backing terrorist groups in western and eastern Iran.
- Iran never to violate JCPOA unilaterally: Zarif IRNA 12 Jun 2017 -- Visiting Foreign Minister of Iran Mohammad Javad Zarif stressed on Monday that Iran will never breach the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- Amano: IAEA continues verification of Iran's nuclear commitments IRNA 12 Jun 2017 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is to continue its unbiased survey on Iran's nuclear commitments to sound implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) in line with the safeguard agreements, says the IAEA director general.
- Amano: Iran to export 20 tons of Iran's heavy water reserves IRNA 12 Jun 2017 -- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Yukiya Amano on Monday confirmed that Iran will ship 20 tons of its heavy water reserves in the near future.
- IAEA verifies Iran's committed to nuclear agreement Press TV 12 Jun 2017 -- The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says the agency continues to verify Iran's fulfillment of its commitments under the landmark nuclear agreement it signed with the P5+1 group of countries in 2015.
- Iran's Foreign Minister Says In U.S. Best Interests To Abide By Nuclear Deal RFE/RL 12 Jun 2017 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says the United States has sent signals that are "not very promising" on a 2015 nuclear accord struck with major powers, but in the end will likely abide by the deal because it is in the country's best interests.
- Iran, Turkey Send Food to Qatar Amid Fears of Shortages VOA 11 Jun 2017 -- Iran has sent at least four cargo planes of food and will continue to send more to Qatar after its biggest suppliers cut ties with the import-dependent country, according to Iran Air spokesman Shahrokh Noushabadi.
- Iran Navy flotilla to set sail for Oman, high seas Press TV 11 Jun 2017 -- Two Iranian warships are scheduled to set sail for Oman and the high seas to carry out a mission, Iran's Navy says.
- Iran Criticizes Independence Vote In Iraq's Kurdistan Region RFE/RL 10 Jun 2017 -- Iran has voiced its opposition to a decision by Iraq's autonomous Kurdish region to hold a referendum on independence, saying the vote would lead to "new problems."
- Iran opposes 'unilateral' Kurdish independence plan in Iraq: Qassemi Press TV 10 Jun 2017 -- The Iranian Foreign Ministry has expressed Tehran's opposition to a "unilateral" plan by Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan region to hold an independence referendum, stressing the importance of maintaining integrity and stability in the Arab country.
- Deputy FM: JCPOA achievement of all Iranian nation IRNA 10 Jun 2017 -- Deputy Foreign Minister for Legal and International Affairs Seyyed Abbas Araqchi said that achievements of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) belong to the whole Iranian nation and as long as the public power is maintained, the country will continue its path strongly and honorably.
- Mastermind behind Tehran twin attacks killed: Intelligence Ministry Press TV 10 Jun 2017 -- The Iranian Intelligence Ministry has announced that the mastermind behind the Tehran terrorist attacks has been killed.
- Iran offers Qatar use its key southern ports Press TV 09 Jun 2017 -- Iran has offered to allow Qatar use its southern ports to carry on its vital import activities after the emirate's Arab neighbors united to isolate it.
- Iran says arrested 48 Daesh Wahhabi terrorists Press TV 09 Jun 2017 -- Iran says that it has arrested nearly 50 members of the Daesh Takfiri terrorist group accross the country following recent twin terrorist attacks in Tehran.
- Turkey, Iran Back Qatar In Dispute With Other Arab States RFE/RL 08 Jun 2017 -- Turkey on June 7 threw its support behind Qatar in Doha's split with other Arab states, with Ankara accelerating troop deployment to Doha and offering to provide food and water supplies that have been cut off by Saudi Arabia.
- Commander vows revenge on terrorists IRNA 08 Jun 2017 -- Deputy Commander of Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Hossein Salami said that Iran will take revenge on terrorists and their supporters for the bloods of those martyred during terrorist attacks in Tehran on Wednesday.
- Tehran Security Increased After Attacks By 'IS Recruits From Iran' RFE/RL 08 Jun 2017 -- Reports from Iran say police have increased patrols in the streets and subway stations of the capital, Tehran, as the death toll rose a day after attacks on parliament and Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini's shrine.
- Islamic State Threatens More Terror Against Iran VOA 08 Jun 2017 -- Iran's Intelligence Ministry said Thursday that five of the men involved in attacks on the country's parliament and the tomb of former leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini were Iranians who had joined the Islamic State group.
- US Senate Works on New Iran Sanctions, Possible Russia Sanctions VOA 07 Jun 2017 -- The U.S. Senate has moved forward on a bill that would impose new sanctions on Iran.
- Interior Ministry confirms end of terrorist attacks in Tehran IRNA 07 Jun 2017 -- Interior Ministry on Wednesday issued a statement to declare that the two terrorist attacks in Tehran have been ended and security forces have full control over current developments.
- Iran tells IAEA it plans to ship heavy water abroad, officials say ISNA 07 Jun 2017 -- Iran told the U.N. nuclear watchdog it would ship 20 tonnes of heavy water abroad to avoid breaching a limit on its stock of that substance under a landmark deal with six world powers, officials said.
- Daesh sponsors accomplices in Tehran's twin terror attacks: IRGC Press TV 07 Jun 2017 -- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says those who have aided and abetted the Daesh terror group are accomplices in twin attacks claimed by the Takfiri group in the Iranian capital.
- Ayatollah Khamenei: Terror attacks will fail to undermine Iran's will Press TV 07 Jun 2017 -- Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says Wednesday's terror attacks in Tehran will fail to undermine the Iranian nation's resolve in the face of threats.
- Rouhani: Iran to crush any enemy plots through unity, integrity Press TV 07 Jun 2017 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has condemned Tehran's twin terror attacks as "cowardly," stressing the country will crush enemies' plots through unity and integrity.
- Saudi Arabia Behind Deadly Attacks in Tehran - Iran's Revolutionary Guards Sputnik 07 Jun 2017 -- Iran's Revolutionary Guards accused Saudi Arabia of being behind the twin terrorist attacks in Tehran, according to Reuters.
- Iran Blames Saudi Arabia for Tehran Attacks VOA 07 Jun 2017 -- Iran's Revolutionary Guards are blaming Saudi Arabia for a pair of terror attacks Wednesday at symbolic locations in Tehran.
- Terrorist operation in Majlis ends, 4 terrorists killed IRNA 07 Jun 2017 -- Terrorist operation in Iran's Majlis(parliament) ended and four assailants were killed by the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) special forces.
- Iranian parliament terrorist attack ends with 4 gunmen killed ISNA 07 Jun 2017 -- Gunmen and suicide bombers have carried out terrorist attacks on Iran's parliament and the mausoleum of revolutionary founder Ruhollah Khomeini on Wednesday.
- Iran's parliament, Imam Khomeini's Mausoleum come under attack Press TV 07 Jun 2017 -- Iran's Parliament (Majlis) and the mausoleum of the late founder of the Islamic Republic Imam Khomeini in the capital Tehran have come under terrorist attack.
- Attacks On Iranian Parliament, Khomeini Shrine Leave 12 Dead RFE/RL 07 Jun 2017 -- At least 12 people have been killed and dozens injured in twin attacks in Tehran on the Iranian parliament and Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini's shrine.
- IS Propaganda Increasingly Targeting Iran And Its Sunnis RFE/RL 06 Jun 2017 -- The Islamic State (IS) extremist group has recently expanded its campaign to recruit Iranians and disseminate its message to Persian speakers.
- Iran, Pakistan Crucial to al-Qaida's Long-term Success VOA 05 Jun 2017 -- For many, the whereabouts and machinations of al-Qaida founder Osama bin Laden following the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks until his death remain shrouded in mystery.
- MP: Arak heavy water plant waiting for redesigning IRNA 05 Jun 2017 -- "Arak heavy water plant maintenance is the first step of redesigning its structure,' said Rapporteur of Iranian Parliament's Foreign Policy and National Security Commission Hossein Naqavi Hosseini on Monday.
- IAEA confirms Iran commitment to JCPOA IRNA 02 Jun 2017 -- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) confirmed that Iran has been committed to its obligations enshrined in the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action reached between Tehran and G5+1 (US, UK, France, Russia and China plus Germany) in 2015.
- Iran complying with JCPOA commitments: IAEA Press TV 02 Jun 2017 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has once again confirmed that Iran has been living up to its commitments under the 2015 landmark nuclear agreement it signed with the P5+1 group of countries.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list