Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
September 2016 - Iran Special Weapons News
- Iranian Theme Park Teaches Children War Tactics VOA 30 Sep 2016 -- Iran opened a military theme park this week, designed to educate children as young as eight-years-old on how to fight in a war and fire weapons at its perceived Western enemies.
- Iran may reverse steps if JCPOA violated: Nuclear chief Press TV 30 Sep 2016 -- Iran warns the West to keep its end of the bargain in last year's nuclear agreement, saying any failure could prompt Tehran to radically reverse the steps it has taken under the deal.
- OPEC Agreement Overcomes Saudi-Iran Rift, Spurs Rally On Global Markets RFE/RL 29 Sep 2016 -- OPEC's agreement to mend an internal rift between Saudi Arabia and Iran and curb production surprised global markets and sparked powerful rallies from Wall Street to Hong Kong.
- Saudi's claim Iran arming Ansarullah 'fabrications' Press TV 29 Sep 2016 -- Iran has rejected claims made by Saudi Arabia that Tehran is arming Yemen's Ansarullah movement fighting back the Riyadh regime's 17-month-long military aggression against the impoverished country.
- Leader calls for preparedness of Armed Forces to defend country IRNA 28 Sep 2016 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei on Wednesday called for preparedness of the armed forces to play their role in case of necessity.
- Armed Forces must stand ready against enemy threats: Leader Press TV 28 Sep 2016 -- Leader of Iran's Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says the country's Armed Forces should always stand ready in the face of enemy threats against the nation.
- Oil Prices Plunge As Saudi-Iran Split On Output Freeze Resurfaces RFE/RL 27 Sep 2016 -- Oil prices plunged anew as signs of discord re-emerged between Iran and Saudi Arabia over an oil production freeze being pushed by the Saudis and Russia.
- Iran naval ships dock at Pakistan's Karachi port IRNA 27 Sep 2016 -- An Iranian naval fleet docked at the Pakistani port of Karachi on Tuesday to convey the message of peace and friendship.
- IRGC deputy navy commander: Iran welcomes joint drill with neighbors IRNA 27 Sep 2016 -- Deputy commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Alireza Tangsiri announced that Iran welcomes joint military drills with neighboring countries.
- Terrorist members of Iraq-based group arrested in western Iran Press TV 27 Sep 2016 -- Iran's security forces have arrested members of an Iraqi-based terrorist group in the western Iranian province of Kordestan before they could find a chance to conduct any acts of terror.
- Iran says will not join deal to freeze oil output Press TV 27 Sep 2016 -- Iran says it has no intention to forge an agreement with other major crude producers to freeze its oil output at current levels.
- Iran possesses missiles capable of reaching Israel: IRGC commander Press TV 27 Sep 2016 -- A senior commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says Iran is in possession of missiles with a range enough to reach Israel.
- Indigenous missile system to be deployed in central Iran: Cmdr. Press TV 27 Sep 2016 -- A high-ranking Iranian military commander says the Islamic Republic plans to deploy a domestically-designed and -manufactured missile system in the central part of the country to improve its air defense power.
- Iran Ex-president Ahmadinejad Says Won't Run in 2017 VOA 27 Sep 2016 -- Former Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says he will not run in next year's presidential election, because the country's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned him his candidacy would increase divisions in Iran.
- Iran's defense doctrine based entirely on deterrence: Commander IRNA 26 Sep 2016 -- Iranian Army's Ground Forces Commander Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan said here on Monday that the country's defense doctrine is based entirely on deterrence.
- Salehi: Parties to JCPOA have failed to fulfill obligations IRNA 26 Sep 2016 -- Iranian Vice-President and head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Ali Akbar Salehi said on Monday that the parties to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action have failed to fulfill their obligations.
- Iran Navy remit stretches 1000s of kilometers: Cmdr. Press TV 26 Sep 2016 -- Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says the Iranian naval forces' sphere of activity stretches thousands of kilometers.
- Iran Delivers 38 Tonnes of Heavy Water to Russia in September Sputnik 26 Sep 2016 -- Tehran has delivered 38 metric tonnes of heavy water to Russia this month.
- Iran capable of producing missiles of every range, precision, destructive power IRNA 25 Sep 2016 -- Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan said Iran was capable of designing and producing missiles of every range, precision and destructive power.
- Minister: 3 new missiles to be produced in next few months IRNA 25 Sep 2016 -- Defense minister has announced that three principal missile products will walk into the production area by the end of the Iranian calendar year on March 20, 2017.
- Sayyari: Iranian destroyers likely to visit Italian ports IRNA 25 Sep 2016 -- Navy Commander Rear-Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said here on Sunday that several Iranian destroyers may visit Italian ports in near future.
- Iran to produce 3 types of missiles by yearend: Defense minister Press TV 25 Sep 2016 -- Iran's defense chief says the Islamic Republic is set to unveil three new types of missiles in the coming months, adding that state-of-the-art ballistic missile Zolfaqar has been put on the production line.
- Defense Secretary Carter, Gen Dunford Lash Out at Obama Over Iran Ransom Payment Sputnik 25 Sep 2016 -- Defense Secretary Ash Carter joined by leading defense officials say that they were not consulted before President Obama made the decision that they feel has sullied the name of the armed forces and emboldened Iranian forces.
- Iran Launches Production of First Domestically-Designed Ballistic Missile Sputnik 25 Sep 2016 -- Iran has kicked off the production of its first domestically-designed long-range missile dubbed Zolfaqar.
- Iran's deterrence power stopping US aggression: Commander IRNA 24 Sep 2016 -- Iran's deterrence power has prevented the US military aggression against the Islamic Republic, says Brigadier General Hossein Salami, the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps second-in-command.
- Zarif: America did nothing to meet its JCPOA commitments IRNA 24 Sep 2016 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said while Iran has stayed faithful to its commitments based on the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), the US has made no real efforts to this end.
- Mogherini says Iran complying with JCPOA IRNA 24 Sep 2016 -- The European Union foreign policy chief says Iran is complying with the nuclear deal reached between Iran and G5+1 last year.
- Islamic Republic to follow Leader's decree after JCPOA expiration IRNA 24 Sep 2016 -- Following expiration of the Joint Comprehensive Plan Of Action in ten years, we are going to act only upon the Supreme Leader's decree, says the secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council.
- Iran working on oil swap plan with KRG Press TV 23 Sep 2016 -- Iran says it is working on a plan to establish a crude oil swap scheme with Iraq's Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) similar to the one already in place with Caspian littoral states.
- Araqchi: Joint commission reviewed JCPOA implementation, sanctions IRNA 23 Sep 2016 -- Deputy foreign minister and head of Headquarters for Following-Up Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action said the foreign ministers of Iran and the Group 5+1 reviewed implementation of JCPOA.
- US vows to change course on JCPOA: Rouhani Press TV 23 Sep 2016 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says the United States has promised to change the way it is implementing last year's nuclear agreement reached between Iran and the P5+1 group of countries.
- Iran warns off American U2 spy plane: Commander Press TV 23 Sep 2016 -- A senior Iranian commander says the country's air defense forces have warned off an American U2 spy plane trying to fly over Iran's borders.
- US House passes bill to outlaw cash payments to Iran Press TV 23 Sep 2016 -- The US House of Representatives in Congress has passed another anti-Iran bill to prohibit the White House from making cash payments to the Islamic Republic.
- Iran's jungle of missiles ready to rain down on enemies: IRGC cmdr. Press TV 23 Sep 2016 -- A senior Iranian commander says the country has "a jungle of missiles" deployed at tunnels and silos among other locations, which are ready to be fired at enemies if the need arises.
- President Rouhani: Fighting terrorism needs real democracy IRNA 22 Sep 2016 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani stressed that uprooting terrorism in the region will not be possible in the absence of democracy, upholding citizenship rights and economic development.
- Rouhani urges UN, all JCPOA parties to help maintain, strengthen nuclear deal IRNA 22 Sep 2016 -- President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday that the UN and all parties involved in the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) have to help uphold and strengthen the land mark nuclear agreement which is a symbol of dialogue and cooperation instead of disagreement at the international arena.
- Iran, P5+1 foreign ministers to discuss implementation of nuclear deal Press TV 22 Sep 2016 -- Foreign ministers of Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany are meeting in New York Thursday to discuss implementation of a nuclear deal they reached last year.
- Post-9/11 security policies may be genesis of today's borderless violent extremism, Iran tells UN UN News 22 Sep 2016 -- The century that began with terror in New York City should not continue with the spread of hatred, violence and destruction in the Middle East and North Africa, Hassan Rouhani, the President of Iran, told the United Nations General Assembly today, underscoring that the most pressing issue that world leaders need to address is how to tackle terrorism in a comprehensive manner.
- Iran to launch production line of domestically-made missile IRNA 21 Sep 2016 -- Iran is scheduled to launch the production line of Zolfaqar missile, which has been designed and manufactured by domestic engineers, in the Defense Week to mark anniversary of Iraqi-imposed war 1980-1988.
- Iran's sacred defense a lesson for those who supported Saddam: Comdr IRNA 21 Sep 2016 -- Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Brigadier General Mohammad Baqeri said Iran's sacred defense taught a lesson to those who provided fianacial and military aid for the Ba'ath regime of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein.
- President Rouhani urges all parties to observe JCPOA implementation IRNA 21 Sep 2016 -- President Hassan Rouhani urged all parties to stay committed to the precise and timely implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- Najafi: Iran is not satisfied with conduct of parties to JCPOA IRNA 21 Sep 2016 -- Iran's Ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Reza Najafi said on Wednesday that Iran is not satisfied with conduct of the parties to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- Iran marks Sacred Defense Week with military parades Press TV 21 Sep 2016 -- Various divisions of Iran's Armed Forces are holding annual military parades on the first day of the Sacred Defense Week, which marks the 36th anniversary of the eight-year Iraqi war on Iran.
- Iran Sentences Lebanese IT Expert To 10 Years In Prison RFE/RL 20 Sep 2016 -- A Lebanese information technology expert detained in Iran for more than a year has been sentenced to 10 years in prison and given a $4.2 million fine, his U.S. lawyer told RFE/RL on September 20.
- Army: Sacred Defense era a shining light for next generations IRNA 19 Sep 2016 -- Iran's Army in a message on Monday referred to the eight years of Iranians Sacred Defense against invasion of Saddam Hussein's Ba'ath regime as a shining light for the next generations resulted from sacrifices and bravaries of the Iranian forces.
- Spokesman says PGCC claims against Iran are baseless IRNA 19 Sep 2016 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman said that accusations made against Iran in the latest statement of the Persian Gulf Cooperation Council against Iran were 'repetitive' and 'unfounded' and an attempt to cover up the link between Wahhabism and its organizers.
- IAEA chief reaffirms Iran's commitment to JCPOA IRNA 19 Sep 2016 -- Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency Yukiya Amano on Wednesday said that Iran continues to implement its nuclear-related commitments under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- GCC seeks to cover up terrorism, Wahhabism link: Iran Press TV 19 Sep 2016 -- Iran has shrugged off allegations leveled by the GCC, the [Persian] Gulf Cooperation Council, saying the body seeks to cover up the link between Takfiri Wahhabism, preached in Saudi Arabia, and terrorism.
- IAEA confirms Iran's commitment to obligations under JCPOA Press TV 19 Sep 2016 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has once again confirmed Iran's commitment to a landmark nuclear agreement Tehran signed with the six world powers last year.
- 'IRGC duty-bound to monitor Iran's borders, territorial periphery' Press TV 19 Sep 2016 -- A senior Iranian military commander says the practice of monitoring Iran's territorial periphery is a natural duty of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and is not meant to provoke other countries.
- Iran rejects Saudi claim on Yemen arms transfer Press TV 18 Sep 2016 -- Iran has dismissed Saudi Arabia's "unfounded and undocumented" allegation that the Islamic Republic is funneling arms into Yemen.
- Iran says US to OK its plane purchases Press TV 18 Sep 2016 -- Iran says it has been told that the US Treasury Department will approve licenses for global aviation giants such as Airbus and Boeing to export planes to the country within the next weeks.
- Absolute distrust in US important part of Iran's soft power: Leader Press TV 18 Sep 2016 -- Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says absolute distrust in hegemonic powers topped by the United States is an important component of Iran's soft power and this distrust must increase on a daily basis.
- IAEA already in posession of data on centrifuges under JCPOA : Iran Press TV 18 Sep 2016 -- Iran says it has already provided the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) with the data on the specifications of its centrifuges and rotor tubes as agreed under last year's nuclear deal, rejecting reported new demands for such information.
- Iran's IRGC speedboats send shivers down US spine: Top commander Press TV 17 Sep 2016 -- The chief of staff of Iran's Armed Forces has stressed the role of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in safeguarding the country, saying the forces have "humbled" US warships.
- Iran rejects Saudi allegations on Yemen IRNA 17 Sep 2016 -- Mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the United Nations in a statement released on Saturday rejected allegations by Saudi Arabia about arms transfers to Yemen and the violations of Security Council Resolution 2216.
- Iran involved in highest level of nuclear development cooperation in post-JCPOA IRNA 16 Sep 2016 -- Iran's Ambassador to Britain Hamid Baeidinejad said that Iran is currently involved in the highest level of cooperation in nuclear energy development.
- Salehi: Iran ready for cooperation with regional states on nuclear energy IRNA 16 Sep 2016 -- Head of Iran Atomic Energy Organization Ali Akbar Salehi said on Friday that Tehran is ready for collaboration with regional states for development of the nuclear energy.
- Iran urges all-out evaluation of JCPOA implementation by WNA IRNA 16 Sep 2016 -- Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali-Akbar Salehi proposed all-out evaluation of the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) by the World Nuclear Association (WNA).
- Iran Unveils a Powerful New High-Speed Ship Sputnik 15 Sep 2016 -- Tehran unveiled a speedy new helicopter-carrying double-hulled ship, Iranian state TV reported Tuesday.
- US presence in Persian Gulf unwarranted: Iran official Press TV 14 Sep 2016 -- A senior Iranian official says the presence of American military forces in the Persian Gulf lacks any legal and international justification.
- Iranian Military Threatens To Shoot Down Two U.S. Planes Over Gulf RFE/RL 14 Sep 2016 -- Tehran's military threatened to shoot down two U.S. Navy planes over the Strait of Hormuz in the latest tense encounter in the Persian Gulf.
- Iran Unveils New High-Speed Vessel Aimed At Deterring U.S. Ships In Gulf RFE/RL 14 Sep 2016 -- Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) has unveiled a new high-speed vessel the force says is capable of carrying a helicopter and up to 100 people, Iranian media reported on September 13.
- Iran concludes 'historic' border pact with Oman Press TV 13 Sep 2016 -- Iran says it had concluded a "historic" accord with Oman that demarcates the Islamic Republic's maritime border with the fellow Persian Gulf littoral state.
- Iran threatened to shoot down US military planes, US official claims Press TV 13 Sep 2016 -- Iran threatened to shoot down US Navy EP-3 and P-8 aircraft over the weekend as they were flying in the northern Persian Gulf, a US military official has claimed.
- Cmdr rejects US officials' false claim of vessels' confrontation IRNA 13 Sep 2016 -- Commander of the navy forces of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Ali Fadavi on Tuesday dismissed 'sheer lie' of American officials that the IRGC vessels had encountered US ships in the Persian Gulf and the distance between the two had not been observed.
- Envoy: Chinese expert delegation visits Iran to re-design Arak Reactor IRNA 13 Sep 2016 -- China's Ambassador to Tehran Pang Sen said that an expert delegation from China has visited Arak Reactor Site last week and considered issues of mutual interest with related Iranian officials.
- 1st indigenous helicopter carrier joins IRGC naval forces IRNA 13 Sep 2016 -- The first home-made helicopter carrier joined the naval forces of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) during a ceremony here on Tuesday.
- US navy harassment claims sheer lies: IRGC commander Press TV 13 Sep 2016 -- A senior commander of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has dismissed as "sheer lies and untrue" the US claims that an American warship patrolling the Persian Gulf was harassed by Iranian boats.
- IRGC Navy showcases long-range fast cruising vessel Press TV 13 Sep 2016 -- The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy has unveiled a domestically-designed and -manufactured long-range and fast cruising vessel with a helipad on its deck to accommodate a helicopter gunship.
- IRGC defense, deterrence power growth will never stop: Commander Press TV 13 Sep 2016 -- A senior Iranian commander says the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) is increasing its defense and deterrence capabilities day by day without any halt in order to counter enemies.
- 'China may build Iran's 4th nuclear plant' Press TV 13 Sep 2016 -- Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran says European and Chinese companies are interested in the country's nuclear power generation plans.
- Arab League's unwise stance will deepen gaps in Mideast: Iran Press TV 11 Sep 2016 -- Iran has vehemently dismissed a statement issued by the Ministerial Council of the Arab League about three Iranian islands in the Persian Gulf, saying such injudicious approaches would deepen divisions in the Middle East.
- US claims of warship harassment in Persian Gulf fictitious: Iran Press TV 11 Sep 2016 -- Iran's chief Armed Forces spokesman has dismissed as untrue US claims that an American warship patrolling the Persian Gulf was harassed by Iranian boats, saying the Islamic Republic's naval forces act according to international law.
- Iraq 'deeply satisfied' with expulsion of anti-Iran MKO terrorists Press TV 11 Sep 2016 -- Iraq has hailed the expulsion of the remaining members of the anti-Iran terrorist Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO), describing the eviction process as an "outstanding success."
- Iran welcomes truce agreement in Syria: Spokesman Press TV 11 Sep 2016 -- Iran has welcomed a Russia-US mediated ceasefire agreement in Syria aimed at putting an end to more than five years of deadly conflict gripping the Arab country.
- Iraq 'deeply satisfied' with expulsion of anti-Iran MKO terrorists Press TV 11 Sep 2016 -- Iraq has hailed the expulsion of the remaining members of the anti-Iran terrorist Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO), describing the eviction process as an "outstanding success."
- Russian Specialists Start Developing Reactor for Iranian Bushehr NPP - Official Sputnik 11 Sep 2016 -- A Russian state company specializing in production of nuclear power plant reactors begins drafting a reactor facility destined for the Iranian Busher NPP, a senior official of the manufacturing corporation said on Sunday.
- Salehi: JCPOA bears fruit, Iran takes over administration of Bushehr plant IRNA 10 Sep 2016 -- Thank God the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action bears fruit and Iran takes over administration of the first unit of Bushehr power plant.
- Iran starts building 2nd, 3rd phases of Bushehr nuclear plant IRNA 10 Sep 2016 -- Iranian First Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri inaugurated executive operations of second and third phases of Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant here in southern country on Saturday.
- Bushehr new reactors enjoy highest safety, says Kirienko ISNA 10 Sep 2016 -- Director General of Russian state nuclear corporation Rosatom Sergey Kirienko said that new units of Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant pass western and the IAEA safety standards.
- Salehi: Bushehr new N. reactors to be accomplished in 10 years ISNA 10 Sep 2016 -- Head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi said that new nuclear reactors of Bushehr nuclear power plant would be accomplished in 10 years.
- Last remnants of anti-Iran MKO terrorists relocated from Iraq to Albania Press TV 10 Sep 2016 -- The last remaining members of the anti-Iran Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) have been relocated from a camp in Iraq to Albania.
- Relocation Of Iranian Opposition Group From Iraq To Albania Completed RFE/RL 10 Sep 2016 -- A camp housing members of an Iranian opposition group in Iraq was officially closed on September 9 after the last 280 residents were flown to Albania, the United Nations and residents said.
- Thousands In Iran Protest Against Saudis As Hajj Begins RFE/RL 10 Sep 2016 -- Thousands of Iranians have marched through the streets of Tehran to protest against Saudi Arabia for failing to accommodate Iranians on the hajj pilgrimage, which starts on September 10.
- Iran's Bushehr 2 NPP to Be Equipped With Most Reliable Security Systems Sputnik 10 Sep 2016 -- Modern technologies ensuring the highest level of security will be used during the construction of the Bushehr 2 nuclear power plant in Iran, Sergei Kirienko, the director general of Russia's state nuclear energy corporation Rosatom that is participating in the project, said on Saturday.
- Iran Begins Construction of 2nd Nuclear Power Plant VOA 10 Sep 2016 -- Iran has begun building its second nuclear power plant.
- A Turning Point': Russia All Set to Build Iran's Bushehr-2 NPP by 2019 Sputnik 09 Sep 2016 -- It could take Russia just three years to build two more reactor units for the Bushehr nuclear power station in southern Iran, Press TV political observer and nuclear energy expert, Hassan Beheshtipour, said in an interview with Sputnik.
- Bushehr new units to utilize generation III-plus N-plants IRNA 09 Sep 2016 -- Bushehr new units will be build in keeping with European Utility Requirements and will utilize "unique technology and a new concept of safety," Atomstroyexport said in a statement.
- Commander: Iran to strengthen missile, drone capabilities IRNA 08 Sep 2016 -- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Force Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh underlined the country's determination to become stronger in the field of missile technology.
- Iran respecting commitments under JCPOA: IAEA Press TV 08 Sep 2016 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has once again confirmed Iran's commitment to a landmark nuclear deal it signed with six world powers last year.
- Iran Urges Muslims To 'Punish' Saudis Over 2,400 Hajj Deaths In 2015 RFE/RL 08 Sep 2016 -- Iran's president has called on the Muslim world to "punish" Saudi Arabia for a stampede during the hajj last year that killed more than 2,400 people, while Iran's supreme leader called for an international investigation of the incident.
- US warship veers after Iran boat approach: Pentagon Press TV 07 Sep 2016 -- The US military has claimed that an American warship patrolling in the central Persian Gulf changed its course after a speedboat operated by Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) came within 100 yards (91 meters) of it.
- Leader demands UN inquiry into deaths of Iranian pilgrims, blood money IRNA 07 Sep 2016 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei on Wednesday demanded an international and Islamic inquiry into deaths of Iranian pilgrims and blood money the Saudis must pay to the families who lost their loved ones.
- Iran drops S-300 lawsuit against Russia ISNA 07 Sep 2016 -- Tehran has fully withdrawn its lawsuit filed against Russia on the S-300 missile systems, Vladimir Kozhin, Russia's Presidential Aide for Military Technical Cooperation, told TASS.
- U.S. transfers $1.3 bln more in cash to Iran after initial payment ISNA 07 Sep 2016 -- US has transferred $1.700 billion to Iran in cash using currencies other than dollars.
- 12 militants killed in clashes with Iran forces in West Azarbaijan Press TV 07 Sep 2016 -- Iranian security forces have killed 12 counter-revolutionary militants in the northwest of the country near the border with Iraq.
- Russia So Far Delivered Over Half of Agreed Number of S-300s to Iran Sputnik 06 Sep 2016 -- Russia has delivered over half of the agreed number of S-300 air defense systems to Iran, Russian presidential aide Vladimir Kozhin told Sputnik on Tuesday.
- Iran urges 'swift pullout' of Turkish forces from Syria Press TV 02 Sep 2016 -- Iran has once again expressed concern over the continuation of Turkey's military incursion into Syria, urging all countries to respect the Arab country's national sovereignty and territorial integrity.
- Iran's Great Game RFE/RL 02 Sep 2016 -- Like rivers, wars surge and recede; like oceans they move in tides. Early this month, the tide of Syria's civil war appeared to turn sharply in favor of the rebels fighting President Bashar al-Assad when they managed to break the regime's siege of the strategically vital city of Aleppo.
- Iran has most secure airspace in Middle East: Commander IRNA 02 Sep 2016 -- Deputy Commander of Khatam al-Anbiya Air Defense for operation affairs Brigadier General Alireza Elhami said that two years ago International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) officially declared Iran airspace is the most secure in the Middle East.
- Spy planes dare not enter Iran airspace: Commander Press TV 02 Sep 2016 -- No spy aircraft dare enter the Iranian airspace as the country's Air Defense Force constantly monitors the skies nationwide, particularly over southern waters, a senior commander says.
- Navy forces escorted 3,200 vessels in recent years: Sayyari IRNA 01 Sep 2016 -- Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said in this northern province on Thursday that the navy forces have escorted some 3,200 merchant vessels in the Gulf of Aden in recent years.
- JCPOA touchstone of enemy's spirit of commitment: IRGC commander IRNA 01 Sep 2016 -- In the new environment created following the nuclear deal between Iran and world powers, the JCPOA is going to be a touchstone to show the spirit of commitment among our enemies, deputy commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps, says.
- Iran to Start Building Two Reactors at Bushehr NPP on September 10 Sputnik 01 Sep 2016 -- Tehran will start building two new reactors of the Bushehr nuclear power plant on September 10.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list