Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
May 2015 - Iran Special Weapons News
- U.S., Iran hold ministerial nuclear talks ahead of final deadline People's Daily 31 May 2015 -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif on Saturday held here a six-hour talk on the remaining differences of the Iran nuclear issue.
- Iran nuclear talks on right track: Majlis speaker Press TV 31 May 2015 -- Speaker of Iran's parliament (Majlis), Ali Larijani, says the Islamic Republic and the P5+1 group of global powers are moving forward with negotiations over Tehran's nuclear program on the right track.
- Differences remain over final nuclear agreement: Araqchi IRNA 30 May 2015 -- Senior nuclear negotiator Abbas Araqchi said following Saturday's talks between Iranian and US delegations that there are still unsettled differences over the final text of a future nuclear deal.
- Iran cooperates with IAEA more than reflected in recent report: Official ISNA 30 May 2015 -- An Iranian nuclear official says the part of a recent report by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) about Iran's cooperation with the agency is "incomplete," as the Islamic Republic has cooperated with the agency more than reflected in the reports.
- Iran rejects any inspection of military sites, interviews with nuclear scientists Press TV 30 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian nuclear negotiator has rejected calls for interviews with Iranian nuclear scientists as well as inspections of military sites.
- Rouhani defends Iran nuclear negotiators' performance Press TV 30 May 2015 -- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani has defended the performance of the Iranian nuclear negotiating team in its talks with the P5+1 countries over Tehran's nuclear program, saying the negotiators have great capabilities.
- Iran Again Rejects International Inspections of Nuclear Sites VOA 30 May 2015 -- Iran reiterated Saturday that international inspectors would not be given access to the country's military sites, as U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and his Iranian counterpart, Mohammad Javad Zarif, met in Geneva to try to secure a nuclear deal.
- Iran not to discuss military sites access with P5+1: Araqchi Press TV 29 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian nuclear negotiator has reaffirmed that inspections of Iran's military sites and interviews with Iranian nuclear scientists will not be on the agenda of the Islamic Republic's nuclear talks with the P5+1 states.
- Velayati advises P5+1 to give up excessive demands IRNA 28 May 2015 -- Head of the Expediency Council's Strategic Research Center Ali Akbar Velayati on Thursday advised P5+1 to give up excessive demands.
- Iranian FM Hopeful for Nuclear Deal VOA 28 May 2015 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said Thursday he his hopeful Iran and a group of world powers can reach a final agreement on his country's nuclear program 'within a reasonable period of time.'
- Questions Surround June 30 Deadline for Iran Nuclear Deal VOA 27 May 2015 -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif will meet on Saturday to discuss the ongoing Iran nuclear negotiations.
- Iran Challenging Regional Balance of Power VOA 27 May 2015 -- Fallujah, Mosul, Tikrit, Ramadi: One by one, key Iraqi cities fell to Islamic State militants as Iraqi security forces failed to hold their ground. In their place, Iranian-sponsored Iraqi Shi'ite militias, who once battled U.S. soldiers, have emerged as among the strongest ground forces capable of pushing back the extremists.
- Velayati: Negotiating team in line with Leader's guidelines IRNA 27 May 2015 -- Iranian negotiating team continues talks in line with Supreme Leader's guidelines to achieve success, Advisor to the Supreme Leader for International Affairs Ali-Akbar Velayati said on Wednesday.
- Leader: Solving nuclear issue easy if all rely on domestic resources IRNA 27 May 2015 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei urged the nation to trust the belief that reliance on domestic resources will facilitate solving the nuclear issue.
- Russia says 'issues' must be settled before S-300 delivery to Iran Press TV 27 May 2015 -- Russia has raised a number of 'issues' obstructing the delivery of its S-300 surface-to-air missile (SAM) defense systems to Iran as agreed in 2007.
- Ex-administration's claims against Zarif dismissed Press TV 27 May 2015 -- Iran's Foreign Ministry has criticized the former administration for accusing incumbent Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif of disseminating false reports on Tehran's nuclear program.
- Russia to Deliver S-300s to Iran After Solving Lawsuit Over Previous Deal Sputnik 27 May 2015 -- The new contract will be implemented as soon as all issues are resolved.
- Iranian Missiles Cover Entire Persian Gulf – IRGC Commander Sputnik 27 May 2015 -- Iran's domestically-made long-range coast-to-sea missiles can hit targets all across the Persian Gulf, the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy announced on Tuesday.
- Russia's S-300 missile system to be supplied to Iran when lawsuit is settled - deputy FM TASS 27 May 2015 -- The contract for supplying air defense systems S-300 to Tehran will be effected when the issue of Iran's lawsuit has been settled, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov said on the Rossiya-24 round-the-clock news channel.
- Tehran-Moscow talks on S-300 successful: Iran official ISNA 26 May 2015 -- TEHRAN (SIAN)- A senior Iranian official described as 'successful' negotiations on the delivery of Russia's S-300 surface-to-air missile system to Iran.
- IRGC tests speedboats cruising at 110 knots per hour Press TV 26 May 2015 -- The commander of the naval forces of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says the forces have tested indigenous speedboats that can cruise at 110 knots (203 kilometers) per hour.
- Extra-regional forces a threat: Iran defense minister Press TV 26 May 2015 -- Iran's defense minister has described the presence of foreign forces in the region as a threat to the Islamic Republic.
- Tehran-Moscow talks on S-300 successful: Iran official Press TV 26 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian official has described as 'successful' negotiations on the delivery of Russia's S-300 surface-to-air missile system to Iran.
- Too Early to Deliver S-300 Missile Defense Systems to Iran - Official Sputnik 26 May 2015 -- The due time for the delivery of S-300 missile defense systems to Iran is yet to come, the Russian Security Council Deputy Secretary said.
- Russia-Iran S-300 air defense system contract to be finalized - Foreign Ministry TASS 26 May 2015 -- A contract on the delivery of Russia's S-300 air defense missile systems to Iran is still being finalized, Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov said on Tuesday.
- Iran Army destroys hypothetical enemy's surveillance drones in military drill ISNA 25 May 2015 -- Iranian Army Ground force hit and destroyed the surveillance drones of the hypothetical enemy on the final day of a military exercise dubbed 'Baitulmuqaddis 27.'
- Iran scraps subsidized gasoline allowance Press TV 25 May 2015 -- Iranian motorists will see a monthly allotment of 60 liters of subsidized gasoline canceled from Tuesday.
- No inspection of military sites, interview with nuclear scientists: Araqchi IRNA 24 May 2015 -- Iran's senior nuclear neogitator Abbass Araqchi said on Sunday Iran has reiterated that it will neither allow access to its military sites nor any interview with its nuclear scientists.
- Iran will not allow military sites inspection: Araqchi Press TV 24 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian nuclear negotiator says Tehran will not allow the inspection of its military sites as part of a prospective nuclear deal with the P5+1 group of countries.
- UN Says Iranian Aid Boat For Yemen Offloaded In Djibouti RFE/RL 23 May 2015 -- United Nations officials in the port of Djibouti say they have taken charge of aid cargo carried by an Iranian boat that was headed for war-torn Yemen.
- Iranian Ship Unloads Humanitarian Aid For Yemen in UN Aid Hub in Djibouti Sputnik 23 May 2015 -- The Iranian ship with humanitarian aid for Yemen unloaded its cargo in the port of Djibouti after being denied entry to Yemeni ports. The aid will be delivered from Djibouti to Yemen under the UN supervision by air or on another ship.
- Iranian Army test-fires missiles in drill: Cmdr. Press TV 23 May 2015 -- The Iranian Army's Ground Forces have successfully staged major missile maneuvers in central Iran, says a senior commander.
- Obama: Iran Deal 'Will Have My Name on It' VOA 22 May 2015 -- President Barack Obama reaffirmed Friday the U.S. commitment to Israel's security and stressed that Iran must not 'under any circumstances be allowed to get a nuclear weapon.'
- Army ground forces launch major wargames IRNA 21 May 2015 -- Ground forces of Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran initiated major warmages across the country on Thursday.
- 80,000 Hezbollah missiles ready to target Israel IRNA 21 May 2015 -- Top Military Aide to Iran's Supreme Leader Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi said that 80,000 missiles belonging to the Hezbollah of Lebanon are ready to be fired at Haifa and Tel-Aviv in the Occupied Lands.
- President assures protection of national security after nuclear deal IRNA 21 May 2015 -- President Hassan Rouhani assured on Thursday that Iran will protect national security, military and technology secrets in the aftermath of the nuclear deal.
- Harf: No access, no final agreement IRNA 21 May 2015 -- Acting spokeswoman for the United States Department of State Marie Harf said on Wednesday there would be no final nuclear agreement if Iran denied access to its nuclear scientists and military sites.
- Rouhani: Iran never yields in nuclear talks IRNA 20 May 2015 -- President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday that Iranian negotiating team will never yield to bullying of the western governments.
- Supreme Leader: No inspection to military sites allowed IRNA 20 May 2015 -- Supreme Leader of Islamic Revolution said on Wednesday that Iran will not allow inspection to any military sites.
- Iran allows no foreign inspection of military sites: Leader ISNA 20 May 2015 -- Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei said Iran will not allow any inspections by foreigners of its military sites.
- Iranian Army Ground Forces to begin major drills Press TV 20 May 2015 -- The Iranian Army's Ground Forces are set to begin a series of major military drills in the country with the aim of boosting their combat readiness, a senior commander says.
- Iran to Test Own Version of S-300 Missile Complex Sputnik 20 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian lawmaker announced Tuesday that the country would soon unveil and test its home-made version of the sophisticated Russian S-300 missile defense system in military drills.
- Iran's Navy to beef up presence in int'l waters: Commander IRNA 19 May 2015 -- Commander of Iran's Navy Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said on Tuesday that the force plans to promote its presence in international waters.
- Iran has no troops in Yemen: Velayati IRNA 19 May 2015 -- Visiting Iranian Supreme Leader's Advisor in International Affairs Ali-Akbar Velayati said on Tuesday that Iran has no troops in Yemen.
- Iran to further expand naval presence in high seas: Navy commander Press TV 19 May 2015 -- Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says the Islamic Republic will expand its naval presence in international waters.
- Iraqi Defense Minister: Iraq in dire need of Iran's help IRNA 18 May 2015 -- Iraqi Defense Minister Khalid al-Obeidi on Monday appreciated Iranian defense assistance to Iraq and said under the current sensitive situation, Baghdad is in dire need of Iranian defense assistance.
- Iran to continue backing Iraq integrity: Defense chief Press TV 18 May 2015 -- Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan says the Islamic Republic has always supported Iraq's territorial integrity and the establishment of security and peace in the country and will continue to do so.
- Zarif: Additional Protocol does not provide unreasonable access IRNA 18 May 2015 -- Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that the Additional Protocol never allows illogical and unfounded access to a country's institutes but rather provides a systematic framework which is currently being implemented in 124 countries.
- Iran, Iraq defense ministers vow to broaden defense cooperation IRNA 18 May 2015 -- Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan conferred on Monday with his Iraqi counterpart Khaled al-Obeidi on expansion of defense cooperation between the two countries.
- Iran not to accept inspection of non-nuclear facilities ISNA 18 May 2015 -- A member of Iranian nuclear negotiating team Hamid Baidi-Nejad said the country would not accept any inspection of non-nuclear centers, including military facilities, which do not deal with nuclear material.
- Leader's full speech on Mab'ath Press TV 18 May 2015 -- The following is the full text of a speech by Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei on the occasion of Mab'ath on May 16.
- Iran not to let IAEA inspect military sites: Official Press TV 18 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian nuclear negotiator says the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will not be allowed to inspect Iran's military sites.
- Russian FM does not consider supplying S-300 air defense systems to Iran political mistake TASS 18 May 2015 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has told Rossiyskaya Gazeta newspaper Monday that he totally disagrees with the opinion that Russia's decision to supply S-300 missiles systems to Iran was a political mistake.
- Tehran raps as "contradictory" US-Arab Camp David statement ISNA 17 May 2015 -- Iran's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman has denounced as "contradictory" a recent statement released by the United States and the (Persian) Gulf Cooperation Council at Camp David.
- Velayati says US military threats against Iran endanger nuclear talks IRNA 17 May 2015 -- Supreme Leader's Adviser in International Affairs Ali Akbar Velayati said on Sunday that US military threats against Iran endanger nuclear talks.
- Iran Navy's 34th fleet in full preparedness: Commander Press TV 17 May 2015 -- The 34th fleet of the Iranian Navy is fully prepared and conducting its mission in high seas, a senior Iranian commander says.
- Military threats endanger Iran-P5+1 nuclear talks: Velayati Press TV 17 May 2015 -- A senior advisor to Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says military threats against Iran will endanger the ongoing nuclear negotiations between Tehran and the P5+1 group of countries.
- Iran to Maintain Independent Stance After Nuclear Deal Concluded Sputnik 16 May 2015 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that Iran has its doubts about the sincerity of the Western counterparts in the negotiations, especially about the United States.
- Obama Pledges To Stand By Gulf Allies Against Iran RFE/RL 15 May 2015 -- U.S. President Barack Obama pledged on May 14 to stand by Persian Gulf allies, defending them against external attacks and helping them deal with 'destabilizing activities' by Iran in the region.
- Iran calls on UAE to seize Singapore-flagged vessel IRNA 15 May 2015 -- An Oil Ministry official called on the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to seize a Singapore-flagged vessel and hand it over to the country for seriously damaging an Iranian oil rig and fleeing the scene.
- House Passes Bill To Let Congress Review Iran Nuclear Deal VOA 14 May 2015 -- In a rare show of bipartisanship, the U.S. House of Representatives has overwhelmingly passed legislation that would let Congress review any potential deal to curb Iran's nuclear program before sanctions are lifted.
- Iranian Boats Fire Shots at Singapore-Flagged Cargo Ship in Persian Gulf Sputnik 14 May 2015 -- Five small boats believed to be manned by Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy fired warning shots across the bow of the Singapore-registered tanker the Alpine Eternity in the Persian Gulf on Thursday, CNN reported, citing an unnamed US official.
- No access beyond Additional Protocol: Senior nuclear negotiator IRNA 14 May 2015 -- Iran's senior nuclear negotiator said there is no discussion on providing acess to International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) beyond the voluntary Additional Protocol to the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) safeguards.
- Sanctions cannot stop Iran nuclear program, Najafi IRNA 14 May 2015 -- Iran's envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has stressed that sanctions cannot make a halt to the country's peaceful nuclear program.
- Obama Updates Gulf Leaders on Iran Nuclear Deal VOA 14 May 2015 -- President Barack Obama has updated the U.S. position on the Iran nuclear talks to Arab Gulf leaders taking part in a Camp David summit, in an effort to ease their concerns over the potential deal with Tehran.
- Iran Warns of War if Aid Ship to Yemen Attacked Sputnik 13 May 2015 -- The deputy chief of staff of the Iranian armed forces warned on Tuesday that Iran would retaliate in force against any country, which attacks an Iranian ship heading to Yemen with humanitarian aid cargo on board.
- Iran warns Saudis, US against hindering Yemen aid ship IRNA 13 May 2015 -- Iran's Defense Ministry in a statement released on Wednesday warned Saudi Arabia and US about consequences of blocking an Iranian humanitarian aid ship sailing to Yemen.
- Iran says received all installments of frozen money ISNA 12 May 2015 -- Iran said it has received all installment of its frozen assets based on an interim deal it signed with the G5+1 group of countries over Tehran's nuclear program in November 2013.
- Iran Army Ground Force to stage massive drill ISNA 12 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian commander said the country's Army Ground Force plans to stage massive exercise in Isfahan province, central Iran, mid May.
- Iranian Army to stage missile drill in May: Commander Press TV 12 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian commander says the Army's Ground Forces will stage a major missile exercise in the central province of Isfahan in late May.
- Iranian Legislators Urgently Try To Stop Nuclear Talks RFE/RL 12 May 2015 -- Iranian lawmakers have signed and proposed a bill that, if passed by parliament, would stop nuclear talks with the United States until Washington stops issuing threats tied to the outcome of the negotiations.
- Zarif: Final nuclear agreement must be based on Lausanne text IRNA 11 May 2015 -- Iran will yield to no type of totalitarianism; the agreed concepts are those confirmed by the two sides in Lausanne must be included in Iran-Sextet final agreement, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Monday.
- Iran Will Not Reverse Engineer Russian S-300 Missile Defense System Sputnik 11 May 2015 -- 'Since the S-300 is a defensive and operational system, it will be deployed in specific spots and will not be reverse engineered,' an Iranian general said.
- Iran not interfering in Iraq: President Fuad Masum ISNA 10 May 2015 -- Iraqi President Fuad Masum dismissed allegations that the Islamic Republic interferes in Iraq, saying Tehran's support for Baghdad in the fight against ISIL terrorists has been out of brotherly intentions.
- Iran reaffirms support for Iraq security, stability Press TV 10 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian official says Iraq's stability and security is key to regional security, stressing that the Islamic Republic will proceed with its support for the Iraqi government and nation.
- Senate to deter nuclear deal enactment only for 2 months: Araqchi IRNA 10 May 2015 -- Iran's senior nuclear negotiator said US Senate's intervention can delay execution of a deal only for about 2 months, a lawmaker said on Sunday.
- Iran has been serious in nuclear talks: Speaker IRNA 10 May 2015 -- Majlis (Parliament) Speaker Ali Larijani said on Sunday Iran has always been serious and determined in the nulcear negotiations adding upon mutual honesty and seriousness of the other party, the talks can result in expected results.
- Salehi: Nuclear talks progressing well IRNA 10 May 2015 -- Head of Atomic Energy Organization Ali Akbar Salehi said on Sunday that nuclear talks between Iran and P5+1 Group are advancing well and Iranian negotiators are defending sovereignty rights and national interests properly.
- Iraqi President terms Tehran, Baghdad relations as 'strategic' IRNA 09 May 2015 -- In an exclusive interview with IRNA on Saturday, Iraqi President Fouad Masoum termed relations between Tehran and Baghdad as 'strategic'.
- Iran, G5+1 face daunting task in Vienna N-talks: Iranian diplomat ISNA 09 May 2015 -- Representatives of Iran and the G5+1 group face 'the daunting task' of narrowing their differences in the upcoming nuclear talks in the Austrian capital city of Vienna.
- Israeli Air Force Team Up With Greeks to Train Against S-300 Missile System Sputnik 08 May 2015 -- The Israeli Air Force carried out a joint training exercise in which it performed missions against the S-300 Surface to Air Missile system, which is due to be delivered to Iran from Russia.
- Chairman: U.S. Stands Ready After Iranian Waterway Actions AFPS 07 May 2015 -- While the Strait of Hormuz appears calm in the aftermath of two reported Iranian acts of aggression toward commercial ships, U.S. military resources can respond quickly, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey said in a press briefing with Defense Secretary Ash Carter here today.
- Military option against Iran just a mockery: IRGC chief Press TV 07 May 2015 -- The commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says the West's repeated threatening of Iran with military option is pure mockery.
- Iran releases Marshall Islands-flagged cargo ship Press TV 07 May 2015 -- Iran has released a Marshall Islands-flagged cargo ship recently impounded in the Persian Gulf by Iranian forces, Press TV reports.
- Navy Ends Accompaniment of U.S., British Vessels AFPS 06 May 2015 -- With no further incidents following actions by Iran that led to Navy ships accompanying U.S.- and British-flagged commercial vessels in the Strait of Hormuz since May 1, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command ceased the mission, Pentagon spokesman Army Col. Steve Warren told reporters here today.
- Supreme Leader: Iranians not to tolerate talks under threats IRNA 06 May 2015 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei said the Iranian nation will not stand going into negotiations while being threatened.
- Iran will never give up enrichment at any price: Afkham IRNA 06 May 2015 -- Iran will never give up enrichment in its soil at any price, Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Marzieh Afkham said on Wednesday.
- Araqchi: Iran not to accept inspections beyond Additional Protocol IRNA 06 May 2015 -- Senior member of the Iranian nuclear negotiations team Abbas Araqchi said Iran has never accepted any inspections beyond the Additional Protocol and is not going to do so in the future, either.
- Iran nuclear talks to continue till gaps removed: Official ISNA 06 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian negotiator said Iran and the G5+1 countries will continue negotiations until the "brackets" in the first draft of a deal on Tehran's nuclear program are removed.
- Yemenis inspired by Iran revolution: IRGC cmdr. ISNA 05 May 2015 -- Senior Iranian commander lauded the Yemeni people's resistance against hegemonic powers, saying Yemen's revolutionary move has been inspired by Iran's 1979 Islamic Revolution.
- Iran Army to promote air defense radar network ISNA 05 May 2015 -- Iran plans to add 23 mm cannons to the radar network of air defense of the Army Ground Force, said an Iranian Army Ground Force Commander general Hesameddin Abbaspour.
- Iran warns off US destroyer, spy planes in Gulf of Aden Press TV 05 May 2015 -- An Iranian destroyer has warned off a US warship and a couple of reconnaissance aircraft in the strategic Gulf of Aden.
- Iran strongly defends territorial, high seas: Commander Press TV 05 May 2015 -- Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says the Islamic Republic's naval forces strongly defend both the country's territorial waters and the high seas.
- Iran says won't be making any special concession in nuclear talks Press TV 05 May 2015 -- A senior Iranian nuclear negotiator says international inspections of the Islamic Republic's nuclear facilities are not an "extraordinary" issue, adding that Iran will be offering no "special concession" in the nuclear talks with the P5+1 group of countries.
- Araqchi: Sanctions should be lifted on day of agreement IRNA 05 May 2015 -- Senior member of the Iranian nuclear negotiations team Abbas Araqchi said sanctions against Iran should be lifted on the very day on which the final agreement is to be implemented.
- Arab states want additional US arms to back Iran nuclear deal: Report Press TV 04 May 2015 -- Arab countries in the Persian Gulf are reportedly seeking more weapons in order to support a potential nuclear agreement with Iran during an upcoming meeting with US President Barack Obama.
- US advised to escort ships in Gulf of Aden IRNA 04 May 2015 -- Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari on Monday called on the US Navy officials to escort their ships in the Gulf of Aden and Bab el-Mandeb.
- 'Iran found new way to dodge sanctions' ISNA 04 May 2015 -- Iranian officials said a mechanism to trade with other countries in local currencies will help dodge sanctions.
- Iran, P5+1 resume writing draft of nuclear deal Press TV 04 May 2015 -- Representatives of Iran and the P5+1 group have resumed writing the draft of a comprehensive deal on Tehran's nuclear program.
- Process of drafting N deal moving forward, Zarif says Press TV 04 May 2015 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says Iran and the P5+1 group of countries are working on the draft of a final deal over Tehran's nuclear work.
- US Senate at Crossroads on Iran Nuclear Bill VOA 03 May 2015 -- This week could decide the fate of a bipartisan bill allowing the U.S. Congress to review and vote on any final nuclear accord with Iran. The Senate can either vote on the original bill, or allow amendments making additional demands of Iran, which would trigger a presidential veto and could doom the entire legislative effort.
- Iran, G5+1 talks likely to continue until Monday ISNA 03 May 2015 -- An Iranian diplomat said that talks between Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany would probably continue until Monday.
- No need for US to escort ships in Persian Gulf: Iran Navy cmdr. Press TV 03 May 2015 -- Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says the US Navy does not need to escort US-flagged ships travelling through the secure Persian Gulf waters.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list