Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
July 2000 - Iran Special Weapons News
- RFE/RL Iran Report, Volume 3, Number 29 Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty 31 July 2000 -- MORE NEWSPAPERS CLOSED DOWN / 'I WILL SUBMIT TO THE PEOPLE'S VOTE.' / IRANIAN MEETINGS WITH HAMAS, PIJ UNDERCUT PEACE CHANCES / HIZBALLAH ALL OVER AGAIN / BOSNIAN MUSLIM COMMANDER IN IRAN? / IRAN AND SRI LANKA TO COOPERATE IN DIVERSE FIELDS
- RFE/RL Iran Report, Volume 3, Number 28 Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty 24 July 2000 -- TEHRAN'S LEAST FAVORITE RADIO STATION / GUARDIANS COUNCIL MAY BE MORE ACCOUNTABLE / WHAT ABOUT THE BAHAIS? / INSUFFICIENT FUNDING FOR EASTERN SECURITY MEASURES / WHO'S HELPING BUILD IRAN'S MISSILES? / TEHRAN INDIFFERENT ON CHECHNYA / ...BUT INTERESTED IN AZERBAIJAN... / ...AND ESPECIALLY ARMENIA
- DoD News Briefing - Iranian Missile Test, U.S. Department of Defense, 18 July 2000 -- Q: Over the weekend, while you were on the trip, the Iranians successfully tested, apparently, a Shahab-3 missile. I just wanted to get your reaction to what this says about the state of their program, and any information about what countries you think are assisting Iran in their missile program.
- RFE/RL Iran Report, Volume 3, Number 27 Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty 17 July 2000 -- ABOVE THE LAW / PROTESTS PERSIST / WHAT NEXT FOR THE CONVICTED JEWS? / KHATAMI PLEASED WITH GERMAN TRIP / KHATAMI URGES HIZBALLAH ONWARD / TEHRAN AND CAMP DAVID / NUCLEAR ALLEGATIONS PROTESTED / COMPETITION AMONG SOUTH AMERICAN HIZBALLAH RESUMES
- DoD News Briefing - Iranian Missile Test, U.S. Department of Defense, 17 July 2000 -- Q: Bill Gertz, Washington Times. I'd like to ask the minister if he could comment on what his defense priorities are in terms of hardware: new ships, aircraft, ground forces, all of the above, and if Mr. Cohen could comment afterwards on the Iranian missile test -- how it fits in with missile defense issues?
- ISRAEL/IRAN MISSILE, Voice of America, 16 July 2000 -- Israel has warned that Iran's successful testing of a medium-range ballistic missile will accelerate a deadly arms race in the Middle East.
- IRAN/BOMB REACT, Voice of America, 16 July 2000 -- A spokesman for the Iranian guerrilla group, Mujahadeen Khalq, has claimed responsibility for mortar attacks on the Intelligence Ministry in Tehran.
- Iran successfully test-fires Shahab 3 missile, IRNA, 15 July 2000 -- Ministry of Defense successfully test-fired the Shahab 3 missile for the second time on Saturday morning, an informed source at the Defense Ministry said here Saturday.
- IRAN / RIOT VERDICT, Voice of America, 11 July 2000 -- An Iranian court has acquitted Tehran's former police chief and 17-associates of any wrongdoing in the crackdown on pro-democracy demonstrations last year in the Iranian Capital.
- GERMANY / IRAN, Voice of America, 10 July 2000 -- Thousands of protesters gathered in the center of Berlin to demonstrate against the visit of Iran's President Mohammad Khatami.
- IRAN / GERMANY, Voice of America, 10 July 2000 -- Iranian President Mohammed Khatami has bitterly criticized opposition demonstrators who have dogged his visit to Berlin.
- IRAN JEWS-DEMONSTRATION, Voice of America, 10 July 2000 -- Several hundred people rallied outside United Nations headquarters today (Monday) in support of the 10 Iranian Jews recently convicted of spying for Israel.
- U-S PRESS HITS IRANIAN SPY TRIAL OF JEWS Voice of America 07 July 2000 -- Daily newspapers throughout the United States are reacting angrily to the guilty verdict handed down by a court in Iran to ten of 13 Iranian Jews accused of spying for Israel.
- CLINTON - IRANIAN JEWS Voice of America 05 July 2000 -- President Clinton has met with family members of 10 Iranian Jews sentenced to prison by Tehran for spying for Israel, and pledged support for effort to appeal the penalties.
- RFE/RL Iran Report, Volume 3, Number 26 Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty 3 July 2000 -- TEN JEWS AND TWO MUSLIMS GET PRISON SENTENCES / COMMEMORATING THE 1999 STUDENT DEMONSTRATIONS / INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST TORTURE MARKED / AMNESTY REPORT ON IRAN REJECTED / A TOUGH NEIGHBORHOOD / THE MORAL HIGH GROUND
- IRAN-JEWS REACT Voice of America 02 July 2000 -- American Jewish leaders are reacting angrily to the conviction and sentencing of 10 Jews in Iran for spying for Israel.
- IRAN TRIAL/REACT Voice of America 02 July 2000 -- Some analysts say international pressure may have produced lighter sentences. Two Iranian Jews convicted of spying in 1997 were hanged.
- ISRAEL / IRAN REACT Voice of America 01 July 2000 -- Israel has condemned Iran for convicting 10 Iranian Jews of spying for the Jewish State.
- IRAN TRIAL VERDICT Voice of America 01 July 2000 -- An Iranian court in the southern city of
Shiraz has convicted 10 Iranian Jews of spying for Israel and sentenced them to jail terms ranging from four to 13 years.
- Text: Albright Statement on the Trial of Iranian Jews 01 July 2000 -- I am deeply concerned by the convictions of 10 Iranian Jews today, in a trial process that international human rights groups, the United States and many other nations around the world have recognized as seriously flawed.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list