18 March 2004 - North Korea Special Weapons News
- Weekly on North Korea ROK Ministry of Unification Serial No. 685 (March 12 to March 18, 2004)
- Anniversary of Kim Jong Il's Work Observed KCNA 18 Mar 2004 -- Leader Kim Jong Il's work "On Learning from the Revolutionary Soldier Spirit" published on March 17, Juche 86 (1997) is a highly important work giving our people ideological pabulum to defend the sovereignty and dignity of the country and accomplish the revolutionary cause of Juche despite the most rigorous ordeals, says Rodong Sinmun today in a signed article.
- Seminar on Juche-Oriented Idea of Literature and Art Held KCNA 18 Mar 2004 -- A seminar on the Juche-oriented idea of literature and art was held in Pyongyang on Mache 16 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of leader Kim Jong Il's guidance to the creation of the revolutionary drama "Blood at an International Conference".
- Rodong Sinmun on Daily Developing DPRK-Russia Relations KCNA 18 Mar 2004 -- Rodong Sinmun today in a signed article recalls that an agreement on economic and cultural cooperation was signed between the governments of the DPRK and the former Soviet Union on March 17, 1949.
- South Korean Authorities' Security Strategy under Fire KCNA 18 Mar 2004 -- The south Korean authorities in their "four-point basic security policy strategy" released recently declared the confrontation with the north as their policy contrary to the era of independence and reunification. Rodong Sinmun today says this in a signed commentary.
- U.S., Wrecker of Peace KCNA 18 Mar 2004 -- The United States has persistently resorted to the policy of war, refusing to lend an ear to the world progressive people's voices calling for peace and stability.
- Immediate Halt to Moves for Confrontation with North Demanded KCNA 18 Mar 2004 -- The Secretariat of the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland in its information bulletin No. 862 released today accused the south Korean authorities of kicking up a racket of confrontation with the north, making reckless remarks about it over the situation created in the wake of the passage of the "motion on impeachment against the president" through the National Assembly, and demanded they stop it at once.
- Kim Jong Il Gives Field Guidance to Land Realignment in S. Phyongan Province KCNA 18 Mar 2004 -- Kim Jong Il, general secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and chairman of the National Defence Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, gave field guidance to the land realignment in South Phyongan Province.
- NORTH KOREA / COMIC BOOKS VOA 18 Mar 2004 -- A series of comic books that portray North Korean leader Kim Jong Il as an evil despot are selling briskly in Japan. The books' author says he hopes to educate the Japanese public about Mr. Kim and his reclusive Stalinist state, but critics say the books are deeply biased.
- CHINA/NOKOR NUKES VOA 18 Mar 2004 -- China will send its foreign minister to North Korea for the first time in five years. The two countries plan to discuss the next step toward solving the dispute over North Korea's nuclear programs.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|