36th Combined Arms Army
military unit 05776 (Republic of Buryatia, Ulan-Ude)
|5th Separate Tank Brigade||Ulan Ude|
|37th Separate Motorized Brigade||Kyakhta|
|75th C3 Brigade||Borzya|
|27th Engineer Regiment||Yasnaya|
The 36th Combined Arms Army dates back to June 1, 1968, when, on the basis of a directive of the General Staff of the Ground Forces in the city of Borzya, an army corps began to form. In January 2009, the army command was relocated to the Sosnovy Bor microdistrict of the city of Ulan-Ude. Of the existing formations and military units, two units, the 37th separate motorized rifle and 5th separate tank brigades are the successors of the traditions and bear the honorary names of the 5th and 2nd tank divisions, respectively.
The 36th Combined Arms Army was formed on July 26, 1941 on the basis of the 12th Rifle Corps in accordance with the directive of the General Staff of the Red Army of 04.24.1941 No. 76818. In September 1941 it was included in the Trans-Baikal Front and throughout During World War II, it defended the state border of the USSR in Transbaikalia from Japanese militarists. The initial location of the army is the 79th detachment of the Trans-Baikal Railway, then the village of Borzya, Chita Region.
From August to September 1945, the 36th Army as part of the Transbaikal Front participated in the Khingan-Mukden offensive operation, liberated Hailar, Mukden, Qiqihar, Port Arthur. In August 1947, the field administration of the 36th Army with individual military units and institutions was transferred to form the administration of the Trans-Baikal Military District, and on the basis of the administration of the 86th Army Corps, an army field administration was formed with the deployment of the Tsugolsky Datsan.
In July 1948, pursuant to the directive of the General Staff of the USSR Armed Forces dated 03.24.1948 No. Org / 1/100428, the field control of the 36th Army was disbanded. In 1968, in connection with the aggravation of the situation on the Far Eastern borders, the 86th Army Corps was formed, which in 1976 was transformed into the 36th Combined Arms Army. In 1989, the army was reorganized into the 55th Army Corps.
In Ulan-Ude, on 02 June 2018, a rally and a parade dedicated to the 50th anniversary of the formation of the 36th combined arms army took place on Sovetov Square. The event was attended by veteran organizations, youth associations, representatives of military-patriotic clubs, cadet classes, etc. During the celebration, a photo exhibition was organized on the square, a demonstration of advanced military uniforms, small arms and equipment, two field kitchens were placed. This was told in the department of information policy of Ulan-Ude.
The 36th Combined Arms Army of the Eastern Military District was formed on June 1, 1968 due to the aggravation of the situation on the Far Eastern borders on the basis of the Directive of the General Staff of the Ground Forces of the USSR Armed Forces in the city of Borzya, Chita Region, 86 army corps began to form, which in 1976 was transformed into the 36th combined arms army. In 1989, the army was reorganized into the 55th Army Corps, on the basis of which in March 1998 the 36th Combined Arms Army was re-established.
In 1997, the 36th Combined Arms Army was re-created on the basis of the 55th Army Corps. In April 2005, the army was inspected by the Inspectorate of the Russian Ministry of Defense under the leadership of Colonel General A. Belousov, First Deputy Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation. Based on the inspection results, the combat readiness of the 36th Army and the military labor of the military units and military units were highly appreciated. The combat training was demonstrated by the personnel of the 36th Army during major military exercises, such as Baikal-2006, East 2007, East-2010, etc.
The army headquarters, originally located in the city of Borzya, was relocated to the city of Ulan-Ude in February 2009. Since October 2017, the army has been commanded by Major General Mikhail Nosulev. The head of the republic of Buryatia, Alexei Tsydenov, took part in the ceremony of presenting the Battle Banner of the 36th combined-arms army with the Commander of the troops of the Eastern Military District, and thanked for the service of the military personnel. He visited the exhibition, appreciated the work of a mobile point providing consulting assistance to those wishing to go through the contact service.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|