35th Combined Arms Red Banner Army
military unit 02492 (Amur Region, Belogorsk-24)
|38th Separate Motorized Brigade||Belogorsk-Ekaterinoslavka|
|64th Separate Motorized Brigade||Khabarovsk|
|69th Separate Motorized Sustainment Brigade||Babstovo (JAD)|
|71st Air Defense Brigade||Srednebelaya (Amur)|
|54th C3 Brigade||Belogorsk|
|37th Engineer Regiment||Berezovka|
|103rd Separate Logistics Brigade||??|
|Logistics Brigade||Arkhara (Amur)|
The 35th Combined-Arms Army is one of the oldest associations of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. The famous army on June 15, 2019 marks a significant date in its history - 50 years from the date of formation. The history of the association is interesting and complex. It so happened that it was formed twice: The 35th combined-arms army of the first formation was created in the Far East in July 1941 and until August 1945 stood on the defense of Primorye, took part in the war with Japan as part of the 1st Far Eastern Front. On October 1, 1945 the army was disbanded.
The 35th combined-arms army of the second formation was created 06/25/1969 on the basis of the management of the 29th Army (former rifle) corps, which arrived in the Far East on May 12, 1966 from Krasnodar. So thus, it is the assignee of the 29th Rifle Corps, formed by decision of the Headquarters of Ver-Hovnogo High Command in 1943 on the basis of the Penza Artillery School. The corps became part of the 13th Army of the Central Front under the command of K.K. Rokossovsky. July 15th, 4 days after completion of the formation, the corps received a baptism of fire. On August 5, he participated in the liberation of the city of Orel. At the end of September 1943, parts of the corps reached the Dnieper River and on October 16, after a 6-day training, forced it north of the city of Loev.
During the Belarusian strategic offensive operation (Operation Bagration), formations of the corps fought on the Rogachev bridgehead, participated in the defeat of the Bobruisk enemy grouping. Starting on August 5, 1944, after 36 days of fighting, having covered about 550 km in Belarus, the corps in the second half of August left in Eastern Poland. Overcoming the stubborn resistance of the enemy, the soldiers of the corps captured an important strategic bridgehead on the western bank of the Narew River in the area of ??the city of Ruzhany (south of Ostroleka), on which there were bloody battles from the beginning of September 1944 until the beginning of the general offensive on January 14, 1945.
During the East Prussian offensive, corps divisions made their way to the sea through two powerful defensive lines and 3 fortified areas: Mlavsky, Allenstein and Heilsberg. Participating on March 13-29 in the defeat of the Heilsberg grouping of the enemy, by their active actions contributed to the assault of fortified cities of Koenigsberg and Pillau (now Kaliningrad and Baltiysk). In April 1945, parts of the corps ofthey fanned the Frishes-Huff Bay and fought fierce battles with the remnants of the enemy forces on the Frisch-Nerung Spit.
Warriors of the corps celebrated Victory Day south-east of Danzig (now Gdansk, Poland). For courage and heroism, manifested during the Great Patriotic War, 48 soldiers of the corps awarded the high rank of Hero of the Soviet Union. Three of them were senior lieutenant I.Ladushkin, junior lieutenant V.Levakov and sergeant N.Nosuly - forever enrolled in the lists of associations. During the war years, parts of the corps were noted 6 times in orders of the Supreme Commander.
After the end of the Great Patriotic War, the corps became part of the Baltic Military District, and in June 1945 transferred to the Kuban Military District. On June 15, 1946, after the disbandment of the Kuban military district, he was relocated to the city of Krasnodar and converted into a mountain infantry corps as part of the creation of the North Caucasus Military District. In April 1966, in connection with the aggravation of the situation at the Far Eastern borders, the leadership of 29 Rifle Corps arrived at a new place of permanent deployment - in the city of Belogorsk, Amur Region.
Almost all divisions that make up the army and many other units arrived from the western districts were created locally. On February 22, 1968 by decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, for great merits in protecting the Rodina and successes in combat training and in connection with the 50th anniversary of the Soviet Army and Navy, it was awarded the Order of the Red Banner. On June 25, 1969, in accordance with the order of the Minister of Defense of the USSR, the management of the 29th Army Corps reorganized into field control of the 35th combined arms army. The day of the formation of the 29th infantry (army) corps is considered June 15, 1943. On the same day - June 15,starting from 1969, the annual holiday of the 35th Red Banner Combined Arms Army is celebrated.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|