DDG-51 Arleigh Burke - References
- FY2003 Report for the Office of the Director, Operational Test & Evaluation [19 MB PDF]
- DOT&E FY01 Annual Report
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION DDG-51 Arleigh Burke Engineering Training - Surface Officer Warfare School
- FY1996 Ships Class Average Report Navy Visibility and Management of Operating and Support Costs (VAMOSC)
- DDG 51 CLASS ADVISORY NR 08-91R3 -- HERP-HERO GUIDANCE
- DDG 51 CLASS ADVISORY NO. C003-94 -- HERP, HERO, EMI GUIDANCE FOR HELICOPTER OPERATIONS, AMENDMENT 1
- DDG 51 CLASS ADVISORY NR. 04-97 -- HERP-HERO GUIDANCE
- DDG 51 CLASS ADVISORY NR. 04-97 -- HERP-HERO GUIDANCE, AMENDMENT 1
- DDG 51 CLASS ADVISORY NR 02-92 -- FIRING AUTHORIZATION BYPASS
- The Arleigh Burke: Linchpin of the Navy Asia-Pacific Defense FORUM Fall 1998 -- Boasting more firepower per ton than any other class of ship in the world, Arleigh Burke destroyers represent the futureof the U.S. Navy. They are expected to be the largest class in the fleet after the year 2000.
- Litton Ingalls Shipbuilding
- DDG-51 Guided Missile Destroyers
- Navy Names Next Two Destroyers DoD 23 May 2013
- Navy To Christen Guided Missile Destroyer Stockdale 07 May 2008
- Navy Secretary Names New Guided-Missile Destroyer USS Michael Murphy 07 May 2008
- SECNAV Names New Guided-Missile Destroyer USS Michael Murphy Navy NewsStand 07 May 2008
- Navy to Christen Guided Missile Destroyer Dewey 23 Jan 2008
- Navy Names New Arleigh Burke Class Guided Missile Destroyer 29 Nov 2006
- Navy Names Newest Arleigh Burke Class Ship USS Gravely 12 Sep 2006
- Navy to Commission New Guided Missile Destroyer Farragut 07 Jun 2006
- Navy to Commission New Guided Missile Destroyer Forrest Sherman 26 Jan 2006
- Navy to Commission New Guided Missile Destroyer Bainbridge 08 Nov 2005
- Navy to Commission New Guided Missile Destroyer Halsey 28 Jul 2005
- Navy to Christen New Guided-Missile Destroyer Farragut 20 Jul 2005
- Navy Commissions Latest High-tech Destroyer Navy NewsStand 07 Mar 2005
- Navy to Commission New Guided Missile Destroyer Nitze 03 Mar 2005
- Navy Funds Contract Option for Construction of Destroyer 21 Jan 2005
- Navy's Newest Aegis Destroyer To Be Commissioned Navy NewsStand 07 Dec 2004
- Chung-Hoon Commissioned Navy NewsStand 20 Sep 2004
- Navy to Christen New Guided-Missile Destroyer Nitze 14 Apr 2004
- Navy to Christen New Guided-Missile Destroyer 08 Jan 2003
- Navy Commissions New Destroyer Roosevelt, NAVSEA News Wire, 20 October 2000 -- The U.S. Navy commissioned its newest Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyer Roosevelt (DDG 80) Saturday, Oct. 14, 2000, at the Naval Station in Mayport, Fla.
- Navy To Christen Destroyer Bulkeley (DDG 84), Navy Office of Information, Washington DC, 23 June 2000 -- The newest Arleigh Burke class guided-missile destroyer, Bulkeley (DDG 84), will be christened Saturday, June 24, 2000, during a 10 a.m. (local time) ceremony at Litton's Ingalls Shipbuilding, Pascagoula, Miss.
- SENAV names destroyer to honor WWII African American Hero, NAVSEA Wire Service, 15 March 2000 -- Secretary of the Navy Richard Danzig announced on Feb. 29, 2000, his decision to name the 41st ship of the Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyer "Pinckney."
- NAVY SECRETARY NAMES DESTROYER TO HONOR WORLD WAR II AFRICAN AMERICAN HERO February 29, 2000 - Pinckney (DDG 91) will honor Navy Cook Third Class William Pinckney, (1915-1975), recipient of the Navy Cross for his courageous rescue of a fellow crewmember onboard the USS Enterprise (CV 6) during the Battle of Santa Cruz.
- NAVY TO CHRISTEN NEW GUIDED-MISSILE DESTROYER HOWARD (DDG 83) November 18, 1999
- U.S. NAVY TO CHRISTEN NEW GUIDED-MISSILE DESTROYER LASSEN (DDG 82) 04 November 1999
- NEW SHIP NAMED IN HONOR OF SEN. CHAFEE November 1, 1999 -- The President has announced his decision to name the 40th ship of the Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyer to honor Sen. John Hubbard Chafee of Providence, R.I., (1922-1999).
- Secretary of the Navy assigns new ship name NAVY WIRE SERVICE 25 October 1999 -- Secretary of the Navy Richard Danzig has announced his decision to name the 39th ship of the Arleigh Burke class of guided missile destroyers, "Mustin" (DDG 89).
- Navy's newest destroyer, USS O'Kane commissionedat Pearl Harbor NAVY WIRE SERVICE 25 October 1999 -- The Navy's newest guided-missile destroyer officially joined the U.S. Pacific Fleet as USS O'Kane (DDG 77), commissioned into active naval service during a ceremony at Naval Station Pearl Harbor Saturday, Oct. 23.
- NAVY TO COMMISSION AEGIS GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER O'KANE (DDG 77) IN PEARL HARBOR, HAWAII October 22, 1999
- SECRETARY OF THE NAVY ASSIGNS NEW SHIP NAME October 22, 1999 -- Secretary of the Navy Richard Danzig has announced his decision to name the 39th ship of the Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyer, "MUSTIN."
- U.S. NAVY TO CHRISTEN NEW GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER WINSTON S. CHURCHILL (DDG 81) April 16, 1999
- NAVY TO COMMISSION AEGIS GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER PORTER 18 March 1999
- Navy christens guided missile destroyer Roosevelt NAVY WIRE SERVICE (NWS) - 25 January 1999 --- Guided missile destroyer Roosevelt (DDG 80) was christened Jan. 23 during a ceremony at Ingalls Shipbuilding in Pascagoula, Miss.
- NAVY TO CHRISTEN AEGIS GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER ROOSEVELT (DDG 80) IN PASCAGOULA, MISS.
- PCU Porter completes sea trials NAVY WIRE SERVICE (NWS) - 17 December 1998 --- Pre-Commissioning Unit Porter (DDG 78) recently completed shipbuilders trials in the Gulf of Mexico. Porter will be commissioned March 10, 1999 at Port Canaveral, Fla., and assigned to Naval Station Norfolk.
- NAVY TO COMMISION AEGIS GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER DONALD COOK (DDG 75) IN PHILADELPHIA, PA. November 25, 1998
- Navy to commission Guided Missile Destroyer Donald Cook NAVY WIRE SERVICE (NWS) - 30 November 1998 -- Guided Missile Destroyer Donald Cook (DDG 75) will be commissioned Dec. 4 at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia. USS Donald Cook will be homeported in Norfolk as a member of the U.S. Atlantic Fleet
- NAVY TO CHRISTEN AEGIS GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER OSCAR AUSTIN (DDG 79) November 5, 1998
- SECRETARY OF THE NAVY ASSIGNS NEW SHIP NAMES October 6, 1998 - Secretary of the Navy John H. Dalton has announced his decision to assign names to 13 new Navy ships.
- NAVY TO COMMISSION AEGIS GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER DECATUR (DDG 73) IN PORTLAND, OREGON August 28, 1998
- NAVY TO COMMISSION AEGIS GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER MCFAUL (DDG 74) IN SAVANNAH April 24, 1998
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|