F-16 Fighting Falcon
- F-16 COMBAT AIRCRAFT FUNDAMENTALS MULTI-COMMAND HANDBOOK 11-F16 VOLUME 5 : 10 MAY 1996 [4478kb PDF, and well worth the wait for the serious trivia buff] This handbook provides F-16 pilots a single-source, comprehensive document containing fundamental employment procedures and techniques that may be used to accomplish the various missions of the F-16. This handbook is the primary F-16 fighter fundamentals reference document for Air Combat Command (ACC), Pacific Air Forces (PACAF), United States Air Forces in Europe (USAFE), Air Force Reserve (USAFR), Air National Guard (ANG), and Air Education and Training Command (AETC). Designed to be used in conjunction with MCM 3-1 (S) and AFI/MCI 11-series directives, this handbook addresses basic flying tasks and planning considerations for both the air-to-air and air-to-surface arenas. It presents a solid foundation on which effective tactics can be developed. This handbook is not designed to be used as a step-by-step checklist of how to successfully employ fighters, but rather provides information and guidelines on basic procedures and techniques.
- PILOT OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES--F-16 MULTI-COMMAND INSTRUCTION 11-F16 VOLUME 3 21 APRIL 1995 -- [185kb PDF] This instruction prescribes standard operational and weapons employment procedures to be used by all tactical pilots operating USAF F-16 aircraft.
- EXTENDING USAF F-16 FORCE STRUCTURE by Bryan S. Manes, Major, USAF AU/ACSC/079/2001-04 AIR COMMAND AND STAFF COLLEGE AIR UNIVERSITY, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama April 2001
- Logging the JSF: Acquisition Logistics and Fleet Management for Modern Fighters by Stacey T. Hawkins, Major, USAF A Research Report Submitted to the Faculty In Partial Fulfillment of the Graduation Requirements, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama June 2005
Web Site Linkes
- THREE-FOUR-NINE The Complete F-16 Fighting Falcon Reference
- General Dynamics F-16 by Joe Baugher
- General Dynamics F-16 "Fighting Falcon" @ USAF Museum Fighter Gallery
- The F-16 Page
- STP - F-16 MLU Most extensive article on the F-16 Mid-Life Update available anywhere
- F-16 Evolution (article from July 1997 Code One Magazine)
- Lockheed-Martin F-16 @ Lockheed-Martin
- ANNEX F Common Solution/Concept List (U) Air Force Mission Area Plan (MAP) [as of 11 July 1997 - Rev 10] - Detailed and comprehensive Air Combat Command descriptions of weapon system modernization efforts required to satisfy known needs.
Foreign Military Sales
- Morocco receives first F-16s AFNS 05 Aug 2011 -- Morocco is the latest U.S. partner nation to receive the F-16 Fighting Falcon, a historic event marked by a ceremony here Aug. 4.
- TAIWAN'S AIR FORCE TO ESTABLISH 'ELECTRONIC WAR' UNIT (CNA-Taiwan) 22 December 1999 -- The United States is scheduled to deliver air-launched harpoon missiles to Taiwan next month, and the missiles, to be installed on Taiwan's F-16 fighters, will largely enhance the fighters' long-distance strike capability.
- DEFENSE MINISTER OUTLINES AIR FORCE PROBLEMS (CNA-Taiwan) 20 December 1999 -- Since March 1998, four of Taiwan's US-made F-16 jet fighters and two French-made Mirage 2000-5 jet fighters have crashed during training flights, causing widespread concern over the air force's flight safety control measures.
- ANOTHER F-16 SQUADRON COMMISSIONED (CNA-Taiwan) 16 December 1999 -- Taiwan on Thursday inaugurated another F-16 squadron at an air base in Hualien, eastern Taiwan. The next squadron of the US-made fighters is scheduled to be commissioned early next year, also in Hualien.
- US TENTATIVELY AGREES TO SELL AIM-120 MISSILES TO ROC Central News Agency [Taiwan] 07 December 1999 -- The United States has tentatively agreed to sell AIM-120 advanced medium-range air-to-air missiles to the Republic of China, the Air Force General Headquarters (AFGH) announced on Tuesday.
- ROC AIR FORCE POSTPONES INTRODUCTION OF F-16'S INTO ACTIVE SERVICE China News [Taiwan] 18 August 1999 -- Prompted by another crash of a US-made F-16 jet fighter on Wednesday, the Republic of China Air Force announced the postponement of plans to introduce the fighters into active service.
- US ANNOUNCES SALE OF FIGHTER, TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT PARTS TO TAIWAN Central News Agency [Taiwan] 31 July 1999 -- The US Department of Defense announced on Friday the possible sale to Taiwan of spare parts for its F-5E/F, IDF, F-16A/B fighters and C-130H transport aircraft, for an estimated US$150 million.
- F-16 FIGHTERS RESUME SERVICE Central News Agency [Taiwan] 21 July 1999 -- The Republic of China's Air Force General Headquarters (AFGH) announced on Wednesday that all of its F-16 jet fighters have completed comprehensive security checks and resumed training flights.
United Arab Emirates
- Text: Vice President Gore Lauds Sale of F-16 Jets to the UAE 05 March 2000 -- Vice President Al Gore congratulated Lockheed Martin and the United Arab Emirates on the announcement from Abu Dhabi that they have completed terms on the sale of 80 F-16 fighter jets to the UAE.
- F-16 pylons receive upgrade AFPN 13 Jan 2006
- Pakistan to get two F-16s by year end IRNA 10 Sep 2005
- F-16 accident report released AFPN 24 Aug 2005
- Edwards, Eglin combine testing on next-generation F-16 AFPN 05 Aug 2005
- Report: Pilot's failure to follow procedures caused F-16 crash AFPN 30 Jun 2005
- Pilots give feedback on F-16 upgrade AFPN 30 Mar 2005
- Air Force receives last F-16 AFPN 24 Mar 2005
- Officials release F-16 accident report AFPN 15 Feb 2005
- Fighting Falcons tackle 'DEAD' mission AFPN 28 Jan 2005
- Parts kit extends service life of F-16 Fighting Falcon AFPN 26 Jan 2005
- ACC releases F-16 accident report ACC News 19 Feb 2003
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|