Field Ordering Officer and Paying Agent Handbook
Example of a Field Ordering Officer Appointment Letter/Order
RCC office name Date
MEMORANDUM (FOO name)
SUBJECT: Appointment of Field Ordering Officer (FOO)
1. Appointment. Under Army Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (AFARS) 1.602-2-90, you are appointed as a FOO for the purposes set forth in paragraph 2. Your appointment shall become effective (date) and shall expire on (date) or 10 days prior to departure from theater, whichever is earlier. You are responsible to and under the technical supervision of the Chief of the RCC office for your actions as a FOO.
2. Authority, Limitations, and Requirements. Your appointment is subject to the use of the following method(s) of purchase, limitations, and requirements:
a.You must ensure that funds are available and that local purchase authority exists for the transaction.
b.You may make over-the-counter purchases using the Standard Form 44, Purchase-Order-Invoice-Voucher, provided all of the following conditions are satisfied:
(1) The aggregate amount of a purchase transaction is not in excess of (authorized dollar amount). You shall not split purchases to avoid this monetary limitation. Once the amount on your Department of the Army (DA) 3953 is expended, you must come to this office to clear all purchases before you can get more funding.
(2) The supplies or non-personal services are immediately available.
(3) The purchase does not require detailed, technical specifications or technical inspection.
c.You shall not purchase subscriptions, advertising, printing, items for stock purposes, and items in the supply system, or make Internet purchases.
d. The authority granted in this appointment may not be re-delegated to any other person.
3. Standards of Conduct and Contracting Action Reporting Requirements.
a. You shall comply with the standards of conduct prescribed in Department of Defense (DOD) 5500.7-R.
b. You shall furnish the undersigned and the contracting officer to whom you are responsible such information as may be required for contracting action reporting purposes in the manner and the time specified.
4. Termination of Appointment.
a. Your appointment may be revoked at any time by the undersigned authority or successor and shall be terminated in writing.
b. Should you be reassigned from your present position, you shall promptly notify the appointing authority in writing. Your appointment will be terminated in writing if you are reassigned; it shall automatically be terminated on the date you are separated from Government service, if it is not revoked sooner.
5. Acknowledgment of Receipt. You are required to acknowledge receipt of this appointment. Your signature also serves as certification that you have read and understand the contents of DOD 5500.7-R.
6. Designation of Procurement Identification Number (PIIN). You are assigned the following personal PIIN with an extension of AA–AZ, then BA–BZ, etc. After you clear, your PIIN extensions continue where you left off. Do not start over. (Note: The RCC assigns the PIIN number.)
(Signed by RCC Chief)
Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Responsibilities:
1. I certify I have been briefed and understand my duties and responsibilities as FOO for Operation X, RCC X, APO AE xxxxx. I have read and understand DOD 5500.7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation.
2. I will place loyalty to county, ethical principles, and law above private gain and other interests and perform my duties in keeping with the highest tradition of the military service and civilian service to the U.S. government.
3. I will avoid engaging in any personal business or professional activity or have or retain any direct or indirect financial interest which places me in a position in which there is a conflict or the appearance of a conflict between my private interests and the public interest of the United States as it relates to my duties and responsibilities as DA government personnel.
4. I will accept no gifts or gratuities from those that have or seek business with DOD or from those whose business interests are affected by DOD functions.
5. I understand that my authority does not extend beyond the borders of (Country X).
(FOO’s name) Date
Field Ordering Officer
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|