03 September 2011 Military News
- NATO and Libya - Operational Media Update: 02 Sep 2011
- UN official discusses global organized crime with US congressional delegation UN News Centre 03 Sep 2011 -- The head of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime has had a meeting with a United States congressional delegation.
Defense Policy / Programs
- U.S. unwilling to cooperate with Russia on missile defense RIA Novosti 03 Sep 2011 -- Russian FM Lavrov: Washington does not cooperate with Moscow on the European missile defense issue.
- Russian Helicopters, Defense Ministry sign deal after delay RIA Novosti 03 Sep 2011 -- Russia's Defense Ministry and the Russian Helicopters holding have reached a long delayed agreement.
- Indian Navy squadron to complete induction of MiG-29Ks by mid-2012 IRNA 03 Sep 2011 -- Indian Navy's `Black Panthers', a squadron of MiG-29K aircraft, will complete induction of th jets by mid-2012.
- Iran calls for total ban on nuclear tests ISNA 03 Sep 2011 -- Iranian ambassador to the UN Mohammad Khazaei called for total ban on nuclear tests.
- HRW releases secret files on US, UK ties to hunt Libyan dissidents IRNA 03 Sep 2011 -- Secret files released by Human Rights Watch show close relationship between United States, UK and Libyan intelligence agencies.
- Libya's Transitional Council Says It's Moving To Tripoli RFE/RL 03 Sep 2011 -- The head of Libya's National Transitional Council says the leadership of the movement plans to move to Tripoli next week.
- Libyan rebel government to move to Tripoli next week RIA Novosti 03 Sep 2011 -- Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC), based in Benghazi, will move to the capital of Tripoli next week.
- Libya: UN adviser on post-conflict planning begins talks UN News Centre 03 Sep 2011 -- The Secretary-General's special adviser for post conflict planning in Libya arrived in the Libya capital, Tripoli.
- Moscow invited new Libyan govt. to discuss energy - Lavrov RIA Novosti 03 Sep 2011 -- Russia's foreign minister: Moscow invited new Libyan authorities to discuss the future of energy projects signed under fugitive leader Muammar Gaddafi.
- Italy may unfreeze 2.5 billion euro of Libyan assets RIA Novosti 03 Sep 2011 -- Italy is planning to release 2.5 billion euros ($3.6 billion) of Libya's assets and transfer it to the rebel government.
- UN Chief 'Sincerely Hopes' Israel, Turkey Improve Relations VOA 03 Sep 2011 -- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says he sincerely hopes Israel and Turkey will improve their relationship.
- Israel Expresses Regret After Turkey Expels Ambassador VOA 03 Sep 2011 -- Ties between Israel and its former Muslim ally, Turkey, have plummeted in the wake of a United Nations report on a raid off the coast of the Gaza Strip more than a year ago.
- UN blames Israel, Turkey, Freedom Flotilla organizers for May 2010 incident RIA Novosti 03 Sep 2011 -- The UN secretary general's Panel of Inquiry on last year's incident involving a Gaza-bound flotilla that left nine Turkish activists dead laid the blame on Israel, Turkey and trip organizers.
- UNHCR Calls for Immediate Stop to Fighting in Blue Nile State VOA 03 Sep 2011 -- The UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Antonio Guterres, is calling for an immediate stop to fighting in Sudan’s Blue Nile State.
- Mindset of South Korean People Desirous of Reunification KCNA 03 Sep 2011 -- The south Korean authorities on August 30 replaced Hyon In Thaek, minister of Unification, with other one.
- PJAK due to halt its armed activities - Iraqi Kurd official IRNA 03 Sep 2011 -- An Iraqi Kurd official said here Saturday that the terrorist PJAK group is due to officially cease its armed activities as of today.
- 30 agents of PJAK killed or injured in IRGC operation IRNA 03 Sep 2011 -- IRGC forces killed or injured 30 members of PJAK terrorist group in the latest rounds of operations.
- Iran guard resumes strikes against PJAK ISNA 03 Sep 2011 -- Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps resumed operations against PJAK terrorist group after a one-month deadline.
- Coast Guard looks to build support for defending tiny atolls CNA 03 Sep 2011 -- The Dongsha Islands are being transformed for a more amiable purpose - eco-tourism.
- Iran Watching Syria With Increasing Concern RFE/RL 03 Sep 2011 -- Iran is keeping a wary eye on Syria, where antiregime protests have been going on for the past five months.
- Iran says ready to remove IAEA ambiguities ISNA 03 Sep 2011 -- Iranian ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali Asghar Soltanieh said the country is ready to remove the IAEA ambiguities.
- IAEA deputy director-general visit to Iran proves Iran cooperation IRNA 03 Sep 2011 -- IAEA Deputy Director General visit to Iranian nuclear sites proved Iran cooperation with International Atomic Energy Agency.
- Venezuelan President Completes Third Cancer Treatment VOA 03 Sep 2011 -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says "he couldn't feel better" after completing a week-long third round of chemotherapy at a military hospital.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|