30 November 2010 Military News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 30 Nov 2010 [PDF]
- Called forward: Cavalry unit quickly assumes mission in Iraq Army News 30 Nov 2010 -- Troop F, 2nd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment arrived Nov. 26 at Contingency Operating Site Delta in southeastern Iraq.
- Airmen help cavalry regiment engineer success Army News 30 Nov 2010 -- 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment getting valuable assistance themselves in the form of engineering support from the United States Air Force.
- 37 RGB Soldiers graduate Intelligence School Army News 30 Nov 2010 -- Thirty-seven Regional Guard Brigade Soldiers successfully completed the Iraqi Army Intelligence School at Camp Taji Nov. 15.
- Officials Confirm Death of Taliban Leader AFPS 30 Nov 2010 -- Officials from NATO’s International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan confirmed the death of a Taliban leader killed in a gun battle with Afghan and coalition forces.
- More Marine tanks arrive in Afghanistan USMC News 30 Nov 2010 -- Marine Corps M1A1 Abrams tanks continue to roll into Afghanistan and are being staged for inspection before being assigned elsewhere in Helmand province.
- 'Triple Deuce' Exceeds Expectations with Afghan National Army Army News 30 Nov 2010 -- Gen. David H. Petraeus presented a Meritorious Unit Commendation to the 2nd Battalion 22nd Infantry Regiment.
- NMCB 3 Seabees Adapt to Afghanistan Environment During Deployment Navy NewsStand 30 Nov 2010 -- Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 3 landed in Helmand province, Afghanistan Nov. 12, to begin an eight-month deployment.
- Gunmen Kidnap Nine Guards In Afghanistan RFE/RL 30 Nov 2010 -- The Afghan Interior Ministry says gunmen have kidnapped nine security guards working for a road construction company in Kabul Province.
- Gunmen Take 9 Hostages in Afghanistan Attack VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- Afghanistan's Interior Ministry says gunmen have attacked a construction company east of the capital, wounding one person and taking nine security guards hostage.
- External forces should not sponsor violence in Afghanistan: India IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- India sought a sincere commitment by external powers to abjure the temptation to 'foster 'and 'sponsor' disruptive forces.
- DOD News Briefing with Vice Adm. Harward from Afghanistan DoD 30 Nov 2010
- Afghan Prison Guards 'Fully Trained,' Commander Says AFPS 30 Nov 2010 -- Commander of an interagency detainee task force: Some 400 Afghan soldiers are fully trained to run the detention center in Parwan, Afghanistan.
- Pakistan arrests four Taliban, foils terrorist attacks IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- Anti-terrorism police in the Pakistani port city of Karachi have arrested four Taliban militants, who were planning attacks in the city.
- Pakistani prime minister condemns attack on police van IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- Pakistani Prime Minister Raza Gilani has strongly condemned the bomb blast in northwest Pakistan which killed five people.
- Suicide Bomber Kills Six In Northwest Pakistan RFE/RL 30 Nov 2010 -- A suicide bomber has blown himself up close to a police van in northwest Pakistan, killing six people and wounding at least 17 others.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Obama Presses Lawmakers on New Arms Treaty With Russia VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- President Obama reiterated importance of achieving US Senate ratification of the new nuclear arms reduction treaty with Russia.
- Russia, West have 10 years for full accord on missile defense RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- Russia and the West must reach a suitable agreement on the issue of missile defense in the next decade.
- Medvedev Calls For Cooperation With West On Missile Shield RFE/RL 30 Nov 2010 -- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has called for an agreement between Moscow and the West on missile defense.
- Russian President Warns of New Arms Race VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- Russian President Medvedev says a new weapons race could start if Russia and Western nations fail to agree on a new missile defense shield.
- Statement by President Obama on DOD Report on Don't Ask, Don't Tell The White House 30 Nov 2010
- DOD News Briefing with Secretary Gates and Adm. Mullen from the Pentagon DoD 30 Nov 2010
- DOD News Briefing with General Counsel Johnson and Gen. Ham from the Pentagon DoD 30 Nov 2010
- Secretary Gates Statement on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Report DoD 30 Nov 2010
- Obama: 'Don't Ask' Report Confirms Nation is Ready for Change AFPS 30 Nov 2010 -- In a statement issued today, President Barack Obama urged the Senate to act swiftly so he can sign the repeal of the so-called “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” into law this year.
- Gates, Mullen Endorse Working Group's Report AFPS 30 Nov 2010 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates today urged the Senate to repeal the so-called “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” law this year.
- Mullen Endorses Working Group's Report AFPS 30 Nov 2010 -- The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff fully endorsed the report of the working group that assessed the impact of a possible repeal of the law that bans gay men and women from serving openly in the military.
- DOD Releases 'Don't Ask' Repeal Implementation Plan AFPS 30 Nov 2010 -- Defense Department officials released an 87-page plan laying out the Comprehensive Review Working Group’s recommendations for implementing a possible repeal of the so-called “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” law.
- Pentagon Says It Can End Homosexual Ban Without Significant Impact VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- US Defense Secretary Robert Gates urged Congress to end the ban on homosexuals serving openly in the U.S. military.
- Leaders Can Pave Way for Openly Gay Troops, General Says AFPS 30 Nov 2010 -- Co-chair of a Pentagon working group: A change in the law that bans gay men and lesbians from serving openly in the military can be implemented without irreparable harm.
- WikiLeaks Files Reveal Location of US Tactical Nukes in Europe VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- Secret US diplomatic cables published by WikiLeaksreveal locations of most of the 200 US tactical nuclear weapons in Europe.
- Germany makes U-Turn on removal of US nuclear weapons from its soil IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- The German government has apparently made a major change on its stance about US nuclear weapons.
- Digital close-air support improvements on the way AFNS 30 Nov 2010 -- Airmen on the ground whose mission is to help deliver close-air support will soon receive a set of tools that will help them do their jobs better.
- TARDEC technologies earn two Army's Greatest Invention Awards Army News 30 Nov 2010 -- The U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center has been awarded two of the ten 2009 Army Greatest Invention Awards.
- Command Provides Valuable Technology to Warfighters AFPS 30 Nov 2010 -- An Army organization is transforming conceptual science into valuable capabilities for warfighters.
- ADAPTIVE Networks, Threats and Solutions Army News 30 Nov 2010 -- The pervasive threats facing our country call for immediate response.
- Carl Vinson Strike Group to Depart for Training, Deployment Navy NewsStand 30 Nov 2010 -- USS Carl Vinson and crew members of Carrier Air Wing 17 will depart for training followed by a scheduled routine deployment to the U.S. 7th Fleet and U.S. 5th Fleet Areas of Responsibility.
- USS Cleveland Tackles Maintenance Availability Navy NewsStand 30 Nov 2010 -- The USS Cleveland is receiving regularly scheduled maintenance and upkeep during the vessel's current continuous maintenance availability.
- USS Houston Arrives in Chinhae Navy NewsStand 30 Nov 2010 -- The Los Angeles-class attack submarine USS Houston arrived in Chinhae, Republic of Korea, Nov. 23 for a scheduled port visit.
- Air Force implements new transition program AFNS 30 Nov 2010 -- The Air Force's new technical training transition program was implemented Nov. 15, after test periods here and at Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas.
- Turkish, American partnership keeps Incirlik AB safe AFNS 30 Nov 2010 -- At most bases, only American forces patrol the base and keep the community safe.
- Exponaval Conference Provides ONR Global Partnering Opportunity Navy NewsStand 30 Nov 2010 -- Oofficials from the Office of Naval Research scheduled to showcase science and technology initiatives at Exponaval 2010 in Valparaiso, Chile.
- GPS satellite achieves 20 years in orbit AFNS 30 Nov 2010 -- The Global Positioning System constellation is the most robust and capable system in the history of space.
- Army Astronaut Commander Returns to Earth Army News 30 Nov 2010 -- Expedition 25 Commander Army Col. Doug Wheelock and Flight Engineers Shannon Walker and Fyodor Yurchikhin safely landed their Soyuz spacecraft on the Kazakhstan steppe.
- Second WMD-CST Team Certified for New York DoD 30 Nov 2010 -- The Department of Defense (DoD) notified Congress today that the second Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Team (WMD-CST) has been certified for the New York National Guard.
- Mullen: Military Workplace Needs More Flexibility AFPS 30 Nov 2010 -- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff: Recognizing and finding ways to accommodate the changing needs of servicemembers and their families with regard to the military workplace should be a priority.
- Russian military denies missile deployment near NATO borders RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- The chief of Russia's Armed Forces General Staff denied rumors that Russia had deployed short-range nuclear missiles near its borders with NATO allies.
- Russia to place air and space defenses under unified command in 2011 RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- Russia must create a unified strategic command combining air, missile and space defenses in 2011.
- Russia's missile forces to replace Topol-M with multiple-warhead RS-24 RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- Russia's Strategic Missile Forces will be rearmed with multiple-warhead RS-24 missiles instead of the RS-12M Topol-M missile systems.
- Kosovo to become NATO member within four years RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- Kosovo, which unilaterally proclaimed its independence from Serbia in 2008, may get NATO membership within four years.
- India's LCA successfully test fires R-73 missiles IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- India's indigenous Light Combat Aircraft 'Tejas' successfully completed air-to-air close combat missile firing tests.
- OSCE finalizes key points of summit outcome document RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe agreed to the key points of the outcome document for its forthcoming summit.
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, 11/30/2010 The White House 30 Nov 2010
- U.S. Department of State Daily Press Briefing, 11/30/10 US Dept. of State 30 Nov 2010
- DoD News: Contracts for November 30, 2010
- BAE Systems awarded $250 million contract for Bradley conversion kits BAE Systems 30 Nov 2010 -- BAE Systems was awarded a contract for $250 million to purchase long-lead items for 247 Bradley Operation Desert Storm Situational Awareness (ODS SA) vehicle conversion kits under a contract from the U.S. Army TACOM Life Cycle Management Command.
- General Dynamics Awarded $21 Million for RG-31 MRAP Upgrades General Dynamics 30 Nov 2010 -- The U.S. Marine Corps Systems Command awarded General Dynamics Land Systems–Canada a USD$21.2 million delivery-order modification for upgrade kits for RG-31 Mk5E vehicles previously delivered under the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle program. General Dynamics Land Systems, the Canadian company’s parent corporation, is a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
- Raytheon Delivers 500th Digital Radar Warning Receiver to U.S. Navy Raytheon 30 Nov 2010 -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) has achieved a production milestone with the 500th delivery of its ALR-67(V)3 digital radar warning receiver to the U.S. Navy.
- No hiding place from Starstreak Thales 30 Nov 2010 -- The South African Army has conducted a Starstreak firing camp at the Overberg Test Range near Cape Town to allow their trained operators to develop experience in firing live missiles.
- FSTA training and simulation milestones on schedule Thales 30 Nov 2010 -- Thales UK, a shareholder in AirTanker, has completed the construction of the training building at RAF Brize Norton for the Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft (FSTA) programme more than four months ahead of schedule.
- Raytheon to Relocate Patriot Training to Fort Sill Raytheon 30 Nov 2010 -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) will relocate its Patriot New Equipment Training program to Fort Sill, Okla., beginning early next year.
- CACI Awarded $29 Million Prime Contract to Support Customs and Border Protection for Department of Homeland Security CACI 30 Nov 2010 -- CACI International Inc (NYSE:CACI) announced today that it has been awarded a $29 million task order to support the Passenger System Program Office (PSPO) of the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency. The work was awarded through the EAGLE contract vehicle's Functional Category 5 (Management Support Services) and is for five years (one base year, four option years). This new business for CACI expands the support that the company's business system solutions provide to DHS.
- U.S. Coast Guard Awards Northrop Grumman $480 Million Construction Contract for Fourth National Security Cutter Northrop Grumman 30 Nov 2010 -- The U.S. Coast Guard has awarded a $480 million fixed-price incentive contract to Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE:NOC) Shipbuilding sector for construction of a fourth National Security Cutter (WMSL 753). Construction and delivery will be performed at the company's Pascagoula facility.
- Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General, 30 November 2010 United Nations 30 Nov 2010
- North Korea Claims Major Advance in Nuclear Program VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- North Korea has declared a major advance in its nuclear program a week after launching a deadly artillery strike on a South Korean island.
- KCNA on Northern Limit Line KCNA 30 Nov 2010 -- The South Koreans to "preserve" the "northern limit line" can never come true, says Rodong Sinmun.
- Minju Joson on US-S. Korea Exercises KCNA 30 Nov 2010 -- Maneuvers kicked off by the U.S. and South Korean forces in the West Sea of Korea on Nov. 28.
- Rodong Sinmun on US-S. Korea Exercises KCNA 30 Nov 2010 -- The U.S. and the South Korean authorities in waters of the West Sea of Korea.
- US: China 'Obligated' to Press North Korea to End 'Belligerence' VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- A White House spokesman is calling on China to press North Korea to end what he calls that state's "belligerent behavior."
- South Korea has no plans to overthrow North - S. Korean diplomat RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- South Korea does not have plans to overthrow the North Korean government.
- Leaked Cables Shed Insight on Diplomats View of N. Korea VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- The leak of U.S. diplomatic cables shows a possible motive for recent belligerence by North Korea.
- UN Security Council may consider tougher sanctions against N.Korea RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- The UN Security Council may consider "toughening sanctions against North Korea for its uranium enrichment facility."
- Nations Press Diplomacy in Korean Crisis VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- Foreign ministers from the United States, Japan and South Korea will meet in Washington next week to plan their next moves in the international stand-off over North Korea.
- China Urges Dialogue to Resolve Korea Tensions VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- China stresses that it believes all parties involved in negotiating the North Korean nuclear crisis should come together to resolve the latest tensions through dialogue.
- Russia calls for diplomatic solution to Korean standoff RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- Russia has called for a diplomatic solution to tensions on the Korean Peninsula, Deputy Foreign Minister Alexei Borodavkin said.
- Yeonpyeong Island Residents Fear Another N. Korean Strike VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- Days after a North Korean artillery barrage killed four people on Yeonpyeong island, only a few residents remain.
- Press Conference by Director of United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in Near East Operations in Gaza, 30 November 2010 United Nations 30 Nov 2010
- Despite easing of Gaza blockade, situation still desperate, UN official warns UN News Centre 30 Nov 2010 -- The economic, humanitarian, and physical situation in Gaza is still extremely bleak, the top United Nations official there said.
- Palestinians Protest East Jerusalem Home Teardown VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- Palestinian protests erupted in east Jerusalem on Tuesday after Israeli forces demolished a home in the Arab neighborhood of Issawiya.
- India, China make steady progress to resolve boundary dispute IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- India and China made “steady progress” to resolve the boundary dispute.
- Security Council urges interim Somali authorities to complete remaining tasks UN News Centre 30 Nov 2010 -- Members of the Security Council voiced their full support for Somalia's Transitional Federal Government.
- Delay in Ballot Printing for Sudan January Referendum VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- The Southern Sudan Referendum Commission announced it will reopen bidding on the printing of ballot papers for the January 9 referendum on southern independence.
- YEMEN: Risk of sectarian warfare grows IRIN 30 Nov 2010 -- Sunni-Shiite tensions are rising in Yemen's northern governorates of Saada, al-Jawf and Amran after two suicide car bombs unleashed by Al-Qaeda.
- Kyrgyzstan Blames Militants For Blast RFE/RL 30 Nov 2010 -- At least three people have been wounded in Bishkek in an explosion Kyrgyz authorities are blaming on militants possibly trained in foreign terrorist camps.
- OSCE calls for international presence in South Ossetia RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities: An international presence in South Ossetia is crucial if peace is to be restored in the region.
- UN's Ban Urges Sniper Withdrawal From Karabakh Cease-Fire Line RFE/RL 30 Nov 2010 -- UN Secretary-General Ban has again called for the withdrawal of snipers deployed along the line of contact separating forces near Nagorno-Karabakh.
- Cyprus reunification talks have regained momentum - UN envoy UN News Centre 30 Nov 2010 -- Talks aimed at reaching an agreement that will lead to the reunification of the Mediterranean island of Cyprus have gathered pace.
- Moldova may reunite with Romania in next 25 years - Basescu RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- Romanian President Traian Basescu said on Tuesday that Moldova may become part of Romania again in the next 25 years.
- Tensions High on Anniversary of Iran-UAE Islands Row VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- An ongoing territorial dispute between Iran and the United Arab Emirates over three strategic islands in the Persian Gulf is nearing the four-decade mark.
- WikiLeaks Disclosure Highlights Problems of Sharing Secret Information Within US Government VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- The release of another huge trove of classified U.S. government documents by the WikiLeaks website came as a shock to many security experts.
- WikiLeaks under new cyber attack RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- Whistleblower website WikiLeaks claimed to be the victim of a fresh cyber attack, just days after it made public more than 250,000 confidential U.S. cables.
- WikiLeaks Site Under Attack Again; Promises Major Release on US Bank VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- The WikiLeaks website claims it is the target of another powerful cyber attack.
- WikiLeaks revelations no threat to Russia's ties with other states - Kremlin RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- The cables leaked by the Wikileaks website will not affect Moscow's relations with other countries.
- China Hopes WikiLeaks Will Not Harm Relations With US VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- Beijing has responded cautiously to the WikiLeaks reports detailing US State Department cables about China.
- Pakistan accuses WikiLeaks of spoiling ties IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- Pakistani Presidential spokesman accused WikiLeaks of spoiling its relations with Saudi Arabia.
- Wikileaks could jeopardize Taiwan-U.S. relations CNA 30 Nov 2010 -- Thousands of classified documents illicitly obtained from the United States government could jeopardize Taiwan-U.S. relations.
- Top Armenian Officials Decline Comment On 'Arms Supplies' To Iran Allegations RFE/RL 30 Nov 2010 -- The Armenian President's Office and Foreign Ministry have declined to comment on reports that the United States accused Armenia of re-exporting weapons to neighboring Iran.
- US envoy to Germany refuses to apologize over Wikileaks revelations IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- US Ambassador to Germany Philip Murphy refused to apologize for cables which involved scathing statements about German leaders.
- Trend of Development of Nuclear Energy for Peaceful Purposes Irresistible KCNA 30 Nov 2010 -- It has become an irresistible trend to develop and use nuclear energy for peaceful purposes worldwide.
- KCNA on Japan's Human Rights Policy KCNA 30 Nov 2010 -- Japan led in seeking the adoption of a "resolution on human rights issue" in the DPRK.
- S. Korea's Anti-DPRK "Human Rights" Campaign KCNA 30 Nov 2010 -- Some days ago the south Korean authorities co-sponsored at the UN together with foreign forces a "resolution on the human rights issue in the north".
- More Dynamic Struggle to Win Victory in Building Thriving Nation Called for KCNA 30 Nov 2010 -- All the party members, servicepersons and people of the DPRK should conduct a more dynamic struggle for the victory of the revolutionary cause of Juche.
- Kim Jong Il Inspects Branch Factory of Ryongsong Machine Complex KCNA 30 Nov 2010 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il provided field guidance to a branch factory of the Ryongsong Machine Complex.
- Iran not to give up nuclear rights in upcoming talks: President IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- President Ahmadinejad stressed that during the next round of talks with western states Iran would not withdraw from its nuclear rights.
- Iran Agrees To Talks On Nuclear Plans RFE/RL 30 Nov 2010 -- EU officials say Iran has agreed to a new round of talks in Geneva on December 6 and 7 with world powers on its controversial nuclear program.
- EU: Iran Agrees to Talks on Nuclear Program VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- The European Union says Iran has agreed to discuss its nuclear program at a meeting next week in Geneva.
- Iran, G5+1 to resume talks on December 6 IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- The chief of staff of Supreme National Security Council secretary said Iran has sent a letter to EU Foreign Policy Chief Catherine Ashton to voice Iran’s readiness to resume talks.
- U.S. Treasury Announces Sanctions Against 10 Businesses Linked To Iran RFE/RL 30 Nov 2010 -- The U.S. Treasury Department has announced it is imposing sanctions on 10 businesses in Europe and Asia that are allegedly linked to Iran.
- Iran admits cyber attack on its uranium enrichment facilities RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- Iranian President Ahmadinejad admitted that a cyber attack created problems for some of Iran's uranium enrichment centrifuges.
- FM spokesman condemns West's support for terrorist groups IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast here on Tuesday condemned support of the Western countries for terrorist groups.
- Mehmanparast: Enemies showed teeth and nails IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- IRI Foreign Ministry spokesman said sworn enemies of sacred IRI system are showing teeth and nails by martyring elite scientists.
- Terrorists carry out UN resolutions, disgrace for Security Council IRNA 30 Nov 2010 -- Iran decried the disgrace for the United Nations Security Council for assassination of Iranian scientist singled out in the world body's resolution.
- UN's Ban Favors Expanded Security Council RFE/RL 30 Nov 2010 -- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says he is in favor of adding more members to the UN Security Council.
- Interview: UN's Ban Favors Expanded Security Council RFE/RL 30 Nov 2010 -- Ban said it was the prevailing view among UN members that the format needs to be reformed.
- UN chief urges START progress, Korean calm RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon urged Russia and the US to press on with ratification of the START treaty on strategic nuclear arms cuts.
- Kyrgyzstan Forms New Coalition Government VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- Three political parties in Kyrgyzstan have formed a ruling coalition, ending weeks of political uncertainty following October's parliamentary elections.
- Kyrgyzstan parties agree to form coalition government RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2010 -- Three parties in the Central Asian republic of Kyrgyzstan agreed to form a three-party coalition government on Tuesday.
- US Disappointed by Reports of Egypt Poll Irregularities VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- The United States says it is "disappointed" with the way Egypt conducted its parliamentary elections on Sunday.
- Thai Opposition Looks to 2011 Elections After Court Victory VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- A Thai Constitutional Court ruling in favor of the governing Democrat Party has ended months of uncertainty whether the country's oldest political party would be dissolved.
- Ivory Coast President Wants Some Election Results Annulled VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- The president of Ivory Coast is contesting results from Sunday's election, saying voting in some rebel-held areas was not transparent.
- Clinton Presses Central Asian States on Human Rights VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Obama administration will continue to press for human rights progress in the region.
- Gadhafi Lashes Out at Organizations at AU Summit VOA 30 Nov 2010 -- More than 40 European Union and African leaders met in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, for the third African Union-European Union Summit.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|