February 2012 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- KCNA on Lee Myung Bak and Japan's Territorial Ambition KCNA 29 Feb 2012 -- South Korea's Lee Myung Bak has drawn public criticism after the disclosure of his pro-Japan remarks on Tok Islets that he denied at the beginning of his office.
- Rodong Sinmun on S. Korean Call for "Dialogue" KCNA 28 Feb 2012 -- The south Korean authorities' recent call for "dialogue" and "contacts" with the DPRK is no more than cosmetic.
- Minju Joson Slams S. Korean Authorities' Saber-rattling KCNA 28 Feb 2012 -- The south Korean authorities are staging large-scale Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises together with the US.
- War Games Begin on Tense Korean Peninsula VOA 27 Feb 2012 -- South Korea and the United States have begun an annual, routine military exercise involving thousands of personnel.
- U.S., South Korea Begin Joint Large-Scale Drills RIA Novosti 27 Feb 2012 -- The United States and South Korea began the annual military exercises on Monday despite ongoing threats from North Korea.
- KCNA Commentary on S. Korea-U.S. Joint Military Drills KCNA 27 Feb 2012 -- The U.S. and the south Korean forces finally kicked off Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military drills.
- DPRK Is Fully Ready for Dialogue and War KCNA 27 Feb 2012 -- A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK in a statement denounced the U.S. and south Korea for starting provocative military exercises.
- North Korea Vows 'Sacred War' in Response to US-South Korea Joint Drills VOA 25 Feb 2012 -- North Korea is airing bellicose rhetoric about upcoming U.S.-South Korean joint war games.
- North Korea Threatens 'Sacred War' Over U.S.-South Drills RIA Novosti 25 Feb 2012 -- North Korea threatened to wage a "sacred war" over joint U.S.-South Korean military drills next week.
- Rodong Sinmun on S. Korea Hosting "Nuclear Security Summit" KCNA 24 Feb 2012 -- The south Korean authorities are hosting the "nuclear security summit" to be held in Seoul in late March.
- KCNA Commentary Derides "Nuclear Security Summit" as Product of U.S.-S. Korea Conspiracy KCNA 24 Feb 2012 -- "Nuclear security summit" to be co-sponsored by the U.S and south Korea in Seoul.
- KCNA Commentary on S. Korea's "Working Contact for Separated Families" KCNA 24 Feb 2012 -- Lee Myung Bak is calling for "technical contacts for the reunion of separated families".
- Boeing Awarded Performance Based Logistics Contract for Sustainment of Korea F-15Ks Boeing 23 Feb 2012 -- The Boeing Company has received a Performance Based Logistics (PBL) contract from the Republic of Korea's Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA) to ensure the long-term, affordable sustainment of the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF) fleet of F-15K fighter jets.
- KCNA Commentary On Planned Nuclear Summit in Seoul KCNA 23 Feb 2012 -- The U.S. and south Korea are scheduled to hold a "nuclear security summit" in Seoul in late March.
- Minju Joson on Nature of S. Korea-U.S. Anti-Sub Drills KCNA 23 Feb 2012 -- The U.S. and south Koreans launched the largest-ever joint anti-sub drills in the West Sea of Korea.
- KCNA on S. Korean Unification Minister's Remarks KCNA 22 Feb 2012 -- South Korean "Minister of Unification" Ryu U Ik: "the north's continuous criticism of the south is against the spirit of the south-north agreed framework and is not helpful to the bilateral relations".
- Rodong Sinmun on S. Korean Military Drill KCNA 22 Feb 2012 -- The south Koreans went ahead with their planned live-fire drills from Paekryong, Yonphyong and other islands in the West Sea on Feb. 20.
- S. Korea Ignores Threat from Pyongyang to Retaliate for Drill VOA 20 Feb 2012 -- South Korea went ahead with an artillery drill near a disputed maritime border despite an unusually explicit threat by North Korea.
- South Korea Holds Live Fire Drill Despite North's Threats RFE/RL 20 Feb 2012 -- South Korea has conducted live fire military exercises on five islands located close to the disputed border between South and North Korea.
- Rodong Sinmun on Projected U.S.-S. Korea Military Exercises KCNA 20 Feb 2012 -- The U.S. and the south Korean forces are going to stage again joint military exercises Key Resolve and Foal Eagle.
- S. Korea Holds Military Drills Despite N. Korea Threat VOA 19 Feb 2012 -- South Korea held a routine military exercise near a disputed border with North Korea despite the northern threat of retaliation.
- North Korea Warns of Possible Retaliation for South Korea Exercise VOA 19 Feb 2012 -- North Korea's military warned that it will retaliate if an upcoming South Korean firing drill violates the North's territorial waters.
- Command of Forces of KPA in Western Sector of Front Issues Open Notice KCNA 19 Feb 2012 -- The Command of Forces of the Korean People's Army in the Western Sector of the Front issued an open notice as regards the plan of the south Korean military.
- U.S., S. Korea to Stage Military Exercises KCNA 18 Feb 2012 -- The U.S. and south Korean naval forces have planned to stage joint military exercises in waters of the West Sea of Korea off Kunsan, North Jolla Province.
- S. Korean Army Wages Military Drill KCNA 08 Feb 2012 -- The 39th division of south Korean military began military exercises in Changwon, South Kyongsang Province.
- Rodong Sinmun on US-S. Korea War Maneuvers KCNA 07 Feb 2012 -- The U.S. authorities describing joint military exercises Key Resolve and Foal Eagle as regular and defensive ones.
- South Korea keen on partnership with India in defence sector IRNA 07 Feb 2012 -- South Korea is keen to forge a partnership with India's defence sector in shipbuilding, electronics and aeronautics.
- Open Questionnaire of the Policy Department of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK KCNA 02 Feb 2012 -- The Policy Department of the National Defence Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea issued open questionnaire to the south Korean authorities.
- Officials of Policy Department of DPRK NDC Interviewed KCNA 02 Feb 2012 -- A press conference took place here today as regards the issue of the open questionnaire of the Policy Department of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK.
- KCNA on the Cheonan KCNA 01 Feb 2012 -- The true story about the sinking of the south Korean navy vessel "Cheonan" carried in some newspapers.
- KCNA on US Military Police KCNA 01 Feb 2012 -- The U.S. is pushing ahead with its plan for starting a new war on the Korean Peninsula.
- Minju Joson on U.S.-S. Korean Joint Military Maneuvers KCNA 01 Feb 2012 -- The south Korea-U.S. Combined Forces Command announced that it would stage Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military maneuvers from February 27 to the end of April.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|