Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
September 2003 Pakistan Special Weapons News
- US. agrees to Pakistan`s required weapons` list IRNA 30 Sep 2003 -- The US defense department has agreed to the list of all the defence procurement items given by Pakistan.
- Pakistani fighter plane crashes near Karachi IRNA 30 Sep 2003 -- A French-made Mirage fighter of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) crashed near the port city of Karachi on Tuesday, a PAF spokesman said.
- Joint Statement on U.S.-Pakistan Defense Consultative Group 24 Sep 2003 -- The U.S. - Pakistan Defense Consultative Group (DCG), met Sept. 15-18 in Washington, D.C. The meeting was co-chaired by U.S. Under Secretary of Defense Douglas J. Feith and Pakistani Defense Secretary retired Lt. Gen.Hamid Nawaz Khan.
- PRESS CONFERENCE BY PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN United Nations 24 Sep 2003
- PAKISTAN ECONOMY VOA 23 Sept 2003-- Pakistan is in the midst of an explosion in economic growth. Despite the recent slump in the global economy, Pakistanis have managed to boost exports while keeping their inflation rate down and their currency stable
- PAKISTAN/TERROR/ARRESTS VOA 22 Sept 2003-- Authorities in Pakistan are still questioning 15 Southeast Asian Islamic students, who were detained in the southern city of Karachi. Pakistani officials suspect the men have links with terrorist groups
- PAKISTAN / U-S SNOW VOA 19 Sept 2003-- U-S Treasury Secretary John Snow says Pakistan has made significant progress in cracking down on terrorist finances entering its borders.
- PAKISTAN/INDIA VOA 17 Sept 2003-- Pakistan says Foreign Minister Khursheed Kasuri has dropped plans to visit India next month after officials in New Delhi made it clear the Pakistani minister would not be welcome
- PAKISTAN U-S ARMS VOA 16 Sept 2003-- Pakistan and the United States are slated to begin talks this week on arms sales, with Washington now ready to loosen its long-standing ban on sales of important military equipment to Pakistan
- Pak-US defence talks on Sept 15: ministry IRNA 13 Sep 2003 -- A 14-member Pakistani defense delegation will leave for Washington Sunday to take part in the 15th meeting of Pak-US Defense Consultative Group which will be held in Washington from 15-18 September 2003.
- Pakistan to plead for US conventional weapons IRNA 07 Sep 2003 -- Top Pakistan and American defence officials will meet in Washington next week to discuss defence cooperation and to review Islamabad request for US conventional weapons, sources said Sunday.
- Pakistan`s defence made impregnable: Musharraf IRNA 06 Sep 2003 -- Pakistan`s President General Pervez Musharraf said on Saturday the nation`s defence has been made "impregnable", official APP news agency reported.
- Pakistan Defense Ministry clarifies Dlrs 9b arms sale report IRNA 05 Sep 2003 -- Pakistan will never indulge in an arms race and will buy only those items necessary to keep strategic balance in the region, said a report by the official APP news agency on Thursday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list