06 August 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 06 Aug 2007 [PDF]
- MND-B Soldier killed during combat operations
- DoD Identifies Air Force Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Four Task Force Lightning Soldiers killed, 12 wounded
- MND-B patrol struck by explosively-formed penetrator
- Aug. 5 airpower summary: A-10s unleash awesome firepower AFPN 06 Aug 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Aug. 5 according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Citizens Oust Terrorists from Mosque, Help Uncover Weapons Cache AFPS 06 Aug 2007 -- Fed-up with violent and indiscriminate terror tactics, a group of more than 80 residents of the Adhamiyah district, on the east side of the Iraqi capital, banded together yesterday to oust suspected terrorists from a local mosque.
- Apache Crews Protect Ground Soldiers During Iraq Operations AFPS 06 Aug 2007 -- Multinational Division Baghdad helicopter crews killed four armed insurgents yesterday in northwestern Baghdad.
- Tribal Leaders Join Forces to Fight Terrorists in Diyala Province AFPS 06 Aug 2007 -- Tribal leaders in Diyala province, Iraq, have joined forces and are working together to fight terrorists in their homeland.
- Task Force Analyzes Detainees' Motivation in Iraq AFPS 06 Aug 2007 -- Forces in Iraq are studying detainees to find out what motivates insurgents and terrorists in that country, the general overseeing detention operations there said today.
- Porter Deploys in Support of MSO Navy NewsStand 06 Aug 2007 -- The guided-missile destroyer USS Porter (DDG 78) deployed from Naval Station Norfolk Aug. 1 for a regularly scheduled six-month deployment as part of the Kearsarge Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG).
- Defense Reviewing Accountability Procedures for Iraqi Weapons AFPS 06 Aug 2007 -- The Defense Department is reviewing policies and procedures in place to account for weapons and equipment given to Iraqi security forces, department officials said today.
- Pentagon to Tighten Tracking of Weapons for Iraq VOA 06 Aug 2007 -- A report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office says tens of thousands of rifles, pistols and other items sent to Iraq are unaccounted for
- Iraqi, Iranian, And U.S. Officials Meet In Baghdad RFE/RL 06 Aug 2007 -- Experts from Iraq, the United States, and Iran are meeting today in Baghdad to follow up on two previous senior-level meetings concerning security in Iraq.
- Gause: U.S. Trying to Soften Saudi Hard Line toward Maliki Government cfr.org 06 Aug 2007
- Truck Bomb Kills 30 in Northern Iraq; US, Iran Hold Security Talks VOA 06 Aug 2007 -- A massive truck bomb blast in northern Iraq has killed at least 30 people and wounded 50 others.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|