Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 August 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- One Task Force Freedom Soldier killed
- Iraqi Police lead U.S. Soldiers to weapons cache sites MNF-I 06 Aug 2005 -- Local Iraqi Police led U.S. Soldiers to two weapons cache sites west of Musayyib recently.
- Terrorist letter claims poor leadership in Mosul MNF-I 06 Aug 2005 -- Security Forces detained six suspected terrorists and seized a number of items including a letter written to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi while conducting a raid on a safe house in Mosul July 27.
- 1/11th ACR destroys terror cell, find weapons, cash MNF-I 06 Aug 2005 -- In the 48 hours spanning Aug. 3 and 4, Soldiers of 1st Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, 256th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division conducted a series of raids to nab key planners of terrorist attacks and to seize weapons and bomb-making materials in Abu Ghraib, a western province of Baghdad.
- UPDATE: Operation Quick Strike benefits from citizen tip MNF-I 06 Aug 2005 -- Iraqi Security Force Soldiers and Marines from Regimental Combat Team-2, acting on a tip from a local citizen, destroyed three car bombs while conducting cordon and search operations as part of Operation Quick Strike .
- Iraqi and U.S. forces capture suspected insurgents MNF-I 06 Aug 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces and U.S. Soldiers captured 39 suspected insurgents during a morning raid Aug. 5 in Sharmiyah.
- Operation Able Warrior nets more than 40 terrorists MNF-I 06 Aug 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers conducted Operation Able Warrior to defeat terror cells operating west of the Baghdad International Airport in the early morning hours of Aug. 4.
- UPDATE: Operation Quick Strike nets weapons caches MNF-I 06 Aug 2005 -- Iraqi Security Force Soldiers and Marines from Regimental Combat Team-2, discovered two weapons caches in caves outside of Haqliniyah during Operation Quick Strike August 6.
- Coalition Forces seize terror suspects, bombs VOA 07 Aug 2005 -- Coalition Forces captured seven terror suspects, seized a car bomb being prepared for an attack, and foiled five roadside bomb attacks during a series of combat operations conducted in the capitol city Aug. 5 and 6.
- Iranian-made Bombs Being Discovered in Iraq VOA 06 Aug 2005 -- U.S. and other coalition officials in Iraq are voicing concern about the recent discoveries of highly-sophisticated and lethal roadside bombs being smuggled into the country from Iran.
- At Least Six Iraqis, Including Chalabi Aide, Killed RFE/RL 06 Aug 2005 -- At least six Iraqis have been killed in overnight violence as a U.S.-led offensive in western Iraq enters a third day.
- U.S., Iraqi Forces Fight Off Coordinated Attacks RFE/RL 06 Aug 2005 -- The U.S. military says six suspected militants and an Iraqi soldier were killed when U.S. and Iraqi forces fought off a series of coordinated insurgent attacks in south Baghdad.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list