Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
14 February 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- CONGRESS / IRAQ CONTRACTS VOA 14 Feb 2005 -- Senate Democrats are accusing the Bush administration of failing to account for billions of dollars in spending in Iraq.
- Abizaid: Religious Extremists Try to Impose 'Dark Vision' AFPS 14 Feb 2005 -- The Middle East is currently going through a revolutionary period in which small groups of religious extremists are attempting to impose their "dark vision" upon the vast majority of the region's people, the U.S. general responsible for the region said.
- Iraq Election Results Set Stage for Coalition Building Washington File 14 Feb 2005 -- More than 8.5 million Iraqis defied threats of violence and terrorist attacks to cast their ballots January 30 in the country's first open, multiparty democratic elections in more than half a century. Voter turnout was slightly above 58 percent.
- Shiia Slates Win in Iraq, Call for Unity AFPS 14 Feb 2005 -- The Independent Electoral Commission of Iraq announced the results of the nationwide voting that took place Jan. 30.
- Iraqi Political Talks Begin As Shi'ite Win Confirmed RFE/RL 14 Feb 2005 -- The Iraqi electoral body that supervised the country's landmark balloting on 30 January announced yesterday that a Shi'ite-dominated ticket won nearly half the vote, followed by a Kurdish alliance at more than one-quarter of all ballots.
- IRAQ TRAINING VOA 14 Feb 2005 -- All across Iraq, Iraqi and U.S. officers are working together to train the country's new army. That effort is being expanded to involve thousands more American trainers, and tens-of-thousands of Iraqi soldiers, with the goal of giving full responsibility for Iraq's security to the new army as soon as possible.
- IRAQ: Focus on election outcome IRIN 14 Feb 2005
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list