Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2015 - Iran Special Weapons News
- Remarks by President Obama and President Rousseff of Brazil in Joint Press Conference The White House 30 Jun 2015
- Obama: US Could 'Walk Away' From Iran Deal VOA 30 Jun 2015 -- U.S. President Barack Obama said Tuesday that the United States would "walk away" from a possible nuclear deal with Iran if he is not convinced it would block Tehran's path to building a nuclear weapon.
- Iran Nuclear Talks Extended Until July 7 VOA 30 Jun 2015 -- Negotiations on Iran's nuclear program, which were under a Tuesday deadline, have been extended for a week, U.S. officials say.
- Iran nuclear talks extended to July 7: US State Department Press TV 30 Jun 2015 -- The talks between Iran and the P5+1 group of countries over Tehran's nuclear energy program have been extended until July 7, the US State Department says.
- President Rouhani: Both sides should show committment to agreement IRNA 30 Jun 2015 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani underlined on Tuesday that in case of striking a final nuclear deal, both sides should show their committments to the possible final agreement.
- Talks in critical phase: Zarif IRNA 30 Jun 2015 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad-Javad Zarif said here on Tuesday that the talks have now reached critical phase.
- Zarif resumes talks with his US counterpart IRNA 30 Jun 2015 -- Foreign Minister of Iran Mohammad-Javad Zarif resumed talks with US Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday.
- Iran, G5+1 resume work on drafting text of final nuclear deal ISNA 30 Jun 2015 -- Senior representatives of Iran and the G5+1 group of countries have held talks on drafting the text of a possible final agreement over Tehran's nuclear program.
- Iran, US hold nuclear talks on deadline day Press TV 30 Jun 2015 -- Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif and US Secretary of State John Kerry resume crucial talks on Tehran's nuclear program in Vienna as a self-imposed deadline for a deal is to expire in hours.
- Critics Of Nuclear Deal Go On The Offensive Ahead Of Deadline RFE/RL 30 Jun 2015 -- Placed just a day before the original June 30 deadline for the conclusion of nuclear talks with Iran, the advertisement highlighted the fact that many in the United States are not happy with the state of the negotiations.
- Background Briefing: P5+1 Negotiations With Iran in Vienna, Austria US Dept. of State 29 Jun 2015
- Post-deal Iran Leaders Need 'Economic Momentum' to Solidify VOA 29 Jun 2015 -- As Iran and world powers negotiate a deal to lift international sanctions in exchange for curbing the Iranian nuclear program, economists say the deal could inject more than $100 billion into Iran's coffers.
- Understanding realities, political will are what Iran deal needs: Zarif ISNA 29 Jun 2015 -- "Serious understanding of the realities" is what a nuclear deal between Iran and global powers needs, said Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.
- US Official: Iran Nuclear Agreement Would Be 'Staggeringly Consequential' VOA 29 Jun 2015 -- A senior U.S. administration official says Iran nuclear negotiators are not looking for a long-term extension to talks that had an original deadline of June 30.
- As Potential Deal Draws Near, Iran Talks Critics Out in Force VOA 29 Jun 2015 -- As world powers and Iran continue nuclear negotiations in Vienna, many observers are optimistic a deal will be reached soon. But hardliners are amping up the rhetoric on both sides. And while a deal that can be implemented successfully may be difficult to reach, analysts say out-dated ideas are simply no longer a practical factor in negotiations.
- Iran Nuclear Talks Likely to Go Past Deadline VOA 28 Jun 2015 -- A senior U.S. official says all parties at the Iran nuclear talks in Vienna plan to continue negotiating past the June 30th deadline.
- Talks to go on in Vienna to remove vague brackets IRNA 28 Jun 2015 -- Senior diplomats from Iran and the six world powers are to resume discussions here on Sunday to remove the vague brackets still existing in the draft of a final nuclear deal.
- Rouhani says his government to defend dignity of Iran IRNA 28 Jun 2015 -- President Hassan Rouhani has said his government will defend the dignity and honor of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Iran, G5+1 to continue N. talks after deadline ISNA 28 Jun 2015 -- Iran and G5+1 would continue talks on Iranian nuclear issue after July 1st, said a member of Iranian negotiating team who is also in charge of media affairs.
- Iran has never sought nuclear weapons: Rouhani ISNA 28 Jun 2015 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani reiterated the peaceful nature of Iran's nuclear program, saying the Islamic Republic has never sought atomic bombs.
- Strong political will needed for Iran-P5+1 deal: Mogherini Press TV 28 Jun 2015 -- Iran and the P5+1 group of world powers are likely to reach a final agreement on Tehran's nuclear program if both sides show "strong political will," European Union's foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, says.
- Kerry: P5+1, Iran hopeful to reach final nuclear agreement Press TV 28 Jun 2015 -- US Secretary of State John Kerry says Washington, its negotiating partners, and Iran are all "hopeful" to reach a comprehensive nuclear agreement.
- Larijani warns West against excessive demands in nuclear talks Press TV 28 Jun 2015 -- Iran's Parliament (Majlis) Speaker Ali Larijani has warned against excessive demands by certain Western officials involved in the nuclear talks between the Islamic Republic and the P5+1 countries.
- Nuclear deal possible if other side stops excessive demands: Zarif IRNA 27 Jun 2015 -- Foreign Minister Mohammad Javd Zarif said it is necessry that the other side in nuclear talks 'accept the realities', adding that if they recognize the rights of Iranian people and stop excessive demands, then a nuclear deal is definitely accessible.
- Zarif: Reaching 'good agreement' important not meeting deadline ISNA 27 Jun 2015 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad-Javad Zarif reiterated that a good agreement in nuclear talks is important not meeting the deadline.
- Big Disputes Greet Kerry, Zarif In Last-Ditch Meetings Over Nuclear Deal RFE/RL 27 Jun 2015 -- The U.S. and Iranian foreign ministers will meet June 27 to try to settle major differences over an agreement providing Iran with sanctions relief in exchange for curbs on its nuclear activities.
- Iran Nuclear Negotiators Face 'Tough Issues' VOA 27 Jun 2015 -- Secretary of State John Kerry said Iran nuclear negotiators are hopeful they will be able to reach an agreement but still need to work through some "very tough issues."
- Major Sticking Points Remain in Iranian Nuclear Negotiations VOA 27 Jun 2015 -- When Iran and world powers reached a framework in April for a final comprehensive nuclear agreement, U.S. President Barack Obama hailed the accord as one that would 'cut off every pathway that Iran could take to develop a nuclear weapon.'
- Background Briefing on Secretary Kerry's Trip to Vienna US Dept. of State 26 Jun 2015
- Araqchi: Major differences in nuclear talks still standing IRNA 26 Jun 2015 -- Senior negotiator, Abbas Araqchi said on Friday that major differences in wording of the nuclear deal are still standing.
- Iran rules out human rights record released by US state department IRNA 26 Jun 2015 -- Foreign Ministry spokeswomen Marzieh Afkham said on Friday that US state department allegation about human rights violations in Iran published in 2014 annual report is an excuse to interfere in Iranian national affairs.
- Iran dismisses claims of rights violations in US report Press TV 26 Jun 2015 -- Iran has categorically rejected the allegations of civil rights violations raised against the Islamic Republic in a recent report by the US State Department, stressing its commitment to respecting human rights.
- Iran-P5+1 talks progressing hard, slowly: Iranian negotiator Press TV 26 Jun 2015 -- An Iranian negotiator says talks between Iran and the P5+1 on the text of a possible deal between the two sides are progressing "hard and slowly."
- Tough Issues Remain as Iran Nuclear Talks Deadline Looms VOA 26 Jun 2015 -- More than two years of negotiations on the future of Iran's nuclear program, and international economic sanctions against it, face a deadline next Tuesday, with the two sides still reported to be far apart on several key issues.
- Saudi Leaks Expose 'Checkbook Diplomacy' in Battle With Iran VOA 25 Jun 2015 -- Saudi Arabia's willingness to wield its oil money on the global diplomatic stage appears to have been laid bare, after the website WikiLeaks published tens of thousands of leaked cables from Riyadh's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. WikiLeaks has not revealed its source, but a group calling itself the 'Yemen cyber army' has claimed it hacked government servers.
- US Human Rights Report Slams Iran, Cuba VOA 25 Jun 2015 -- The United States released a long-delayed annual human rights report on Thursday, with strong words for countries like Iran, Cuba, Myanmar and Vietnam, even as it seeks to improve relations with them.
- Kerry Dismisses Khamenei Speech But Warns No Nuclear Deal Guaranteed RFE/RL 25 Jun 2015 -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has dismissed hard-line comments this week by Iran's supreme leader, but warned that talks with Iran may yield no agreement if Tehran refuses to resolve outstanding issues.
- Not Waiting For Nuclear Deal, Shell, Other Oil Firms In Talks With Iran RFE/RL 25 Jun 2015 -- Executives from Royal Dutch Shell and Eni have met Iranian officials in Tehran to discuss investing in the country's energy industry, the first time international oil firms have publicly confirmed such talks ahead of a possible nuclear deal with the West, the Financial Times has reported.
- Senior US Official: Iran Nuclear Talks May Miss Deadline VOA 25 Jun 2015 -- A senior U.S. administration official says Iran nuclear negotiators may not make a June 30 deadline for a final agreement.
- Experts: Iran's Positions Complicate Completion of Nuclear Pact VOA 25 Jun 2015 -- International security experts agreed Thursday in a U.S. Senate committee hearing that Iran's positions on nuclear talks are making a deal difficult to reach.
- Iran Ratifies Ban on Access to Military Sites, Scientists VOA 24 Jun 2015 -- Iran's constitutional watchdog has ratified legislation that requires the government to protect the country's nuclear rights, as Iran and six world powers approach a deadline for reaching a comprehensive nuclear deal.
- Guardian Council approves of Parliament's nuclear bill IRNA 24 Jun 2015 -- The Guardian Council on Wednesday approved of the Parliament's nuclear bill obliging the Government to preserve nuclear achievements.
- Araqchi extends gratitude to Leader for supporting nuclear team IRNA 24 Jun 2015 -- Senior member of the Iranian nuclear negotiating team Abbas Araqchi on Wednesday said words cannot express the degree of gratitude of the members of the Iranian nuclear team for the support they have been given by the Supreme Leader.
- Afkham hails Leader's support for nuclear team IRNA 24 Jun 2015 -- Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marziyeh Afkham thanked the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei for his support for the Iranian nuclear negotiating team.
- Nuclear deal possible if excessive demands not made: Rouhani ISNA 24 Jun 2015 -- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani said a comprehensive nuclear deal with the G5+1 group of countries is possible should the six world powers not put forward excessive demands.
- Fair nuclear deal must serve Iran interests: Leader ISNA 24 Jun 2015 -- Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei said Iran seeks to reach a fair deal with the G5+1 group of countries over Tehran's nuclear program that will serve the country's national interests.
- Supreme Leader Khamenei Claims US Seeking to Destroy Iran Nuclear Industry Sputnik 24 Jun 2015 -- Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has accused the United States of wanting to dismantle the Islamic Republic's nuclear industry, in a speech on Tuesday.
- Spokesman: Majlis motion on nuclear talks against Constitution IRNA 23 Jun 2015 -- Government spokesman Mohammad Baqer Nobakht said on Tuesday that the newly-approved motion of the Iranian parliament (Majlis) about outcomes of the ongoing nuclear talks stands against the Iranian Constitution.
- Boroujerdi says Majlis bill empowers negotiating team IRNA 23 Jun 2015 -- Head of Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi said that the bill passed by Members of Parliament on Tuesday for preserving nuclear achievements empowered the negotiating team.
- Ahmadinejad's case under legal procedures: judiciary official IRNA 23 Jun 2015 -- The case of former Iranian president Mahmoud Ahamadinejad is going through its legal procedures, senior judiciary official said on Tuesday.
- FM: Difficult days ahead as Iran nuclear deadline approaching IRNA 22 Jun 2015 -- Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif underlined that Iran and the Group 5+1 (the US, Russia, China, France and Britain plus Germany) are entering very intensive era, and said that political will remains the key to reaching a final deal by July 1.
- Iranian Ex-President Says U.S. Seeks Arrest Of Hidden Imam RFE/RL 22 Jun 2015 -- Iran's former hard-line President Mahmud Ahmadinejad has reportedly said that the United States is working to arrest the Hidden Imam, who according to Shi'ite belief went into hiding in the 10th century and will reappear to bring justice to Earth.
- Iran-G5+1 nuclear talks at sensitive stage: Rouhani ISNA 22 Jun 2015 -- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani said negotiations between Iran and the G5+1 group of countries over Tehran's nuclear program have reached a sensitive stage.
- Differences somewhat reduced on Iran nuclear deal: Negotiator Press TV 22 Jun 2015 -- A senior Iranian nuclear negotiator says gaps between Iran and six major world powers over the final text of a possible comprehensive deal on Tehran's atomic case have partly narrowed, yet progress has not been made as expected.
- Iran Navy sends 35th flotilla to high seas Press TV 22 Jun 2015 -- The 35th flotilla of the Iranian Navy has set off for high seas to safeguard naval routes for the country's vessels operating in the region.
- Russia Could Offer Iran Antey-2500 Instead of S-300 Sputnik 22 Jun 2015 -- Rumor has it that Russia and Iran will sign a deal for the delivery of the brand new Antey-2500 anti-ballistic missile systems as soon as the talks on recalling Tehran's $4 billion lawsuit against Russia regarding the non-delivery of S-300 air defense systems end successfully.
- FM: Iran not under pressure to strike final deal by July 1 IRNA 21 Jun 2015 -- Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif underlined that Tehran is not worried about time for striking a final nuclear agreement, and said that the talks are very likely to continue beyond the July 1 deadline.
- Iran's Zarif to Meet EU FMs Ahead of Nuclear Talks VOA 21 Jun 2015 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohamed Javad Zarif is to meet several of his European Union counterparts Monday, before the June 30 deadline for an international accord on Tehran's nuclear program.
- Iran rejects US State Department report as baseless IRNA 20 Jun 2015 -- Foreign Ministry spokeswoman on Saturday rejected the US State Department's annual terrorism report in its Iran section as quite baseless.
- U.S.: Iran Still Supports Terror Activity Despite Nuclear Talks RFE/RL 20 Jun 2015 -- Iran's support for international terror groups remained undiminished last year and even expanded some, despite its hopes for relief from global economic sanctions, the Obama administration has said.
- Iran commander rules out inspections of military sites Press TV 19 Jun 2015 -- A senior Iranian commander has reaffirmed that the Islamic Republic will not allow access to or inspections of its military sites under a potential nuclear agreement with six world powers.
- Iran rejects report of US Congress approval of nuclear deal before UN action ISNA 17 Jun 2015 -- A senior member of Iran's nuclear negotiating team dismissed a Reuters report that the UN Security Council will lift sanctions against Tehran after the US Congress gives its green light.
- US signals first ever U-turn on Iran sanctions Press TV 17 Jun 2015 -- Secretary of State John Kerry has acknowledged for the first time that a final nuclear deal would not require Iran to detail its past activities in order to lift sanctions on the country.
- U.S. No Longer Demanding Disclosure Of Iran's Past Nuclear Work RFE/RL 17 Jun 2015 -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has said that Washington would no longer insist that Iran fully disclose its past nuclear activities as part of a nuclear pact with Tehran.
- Austria tightens security at Iran talks venue Press TV 17 Jun 2015 -- Austria has undertaken special and extensive preemptive measures to secure the venue of nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 group of world countries in the face of recent reports of espionage.
- Iran's Nuclear 'Diplomatic Warriors' Are Back In Vogue RFE/RL 16 Jun 2015 -- 'Diplomatic warriors' who defend Iran's interests, or 'traitors' who sell out their country to enemies. Both are recent labels given domestically to Iran's negotiators at sensitive international talks on a comprehensive nuclear deal that would curb Iran's nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief.
- Russian Official: Nuke Deal Can Be Reached with Iran before June 30 Deadline VOA 15 Jun 2015 -- A top Russian official said he is confident world powers and Iran can reach a deal on Tehran's nuclear program by a June 30 deadline.
- President: Harmful sanctions need to be removed IRNA 14 Jun 2015 -- President Hassan Rouhani underlined that if the sanctions imposed by the West negatively influence the country's economy the needed measures should be taken for their removal.
- Iran will not allow any inspection to military sites: official IRNA 14 Jun 2015 -- Deputy Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces said Sunday that Iran will never provide foreigners with access to its military sites.
- Defense minister says Iranian nuclear negotiators acting powerfully IRNA 14 Jun 2015 -- Minister of Defense and Logistics of the Armed Forces Brigadier-General Hossein Dehqan said on Sunday that Iranian negotiating team are powerfully defending the national nuclear rights.
- Iran not afraid of sanctions: President IRNA 14 Jun 2015 -- President Hassan Rouhani said his administration is not afraid of sanctions but would fight for their removal.
- President: All capacities will be used to remove sanctions IRNA 14 Jun 2015 -- President Hassan Rouhani said on Sunday that the government will use all the capacities to remove anti-Iranian sanctions.
- Iran won't allow foreign inspection of military sites: Commander Press TV 14 Jun 2015 -- A senior Iranian general has reaffirmed the country's opposition to any inspection of its military sites, saying the Iranian nation will never allow world powers to impose their excessive demands on Iran.
- Netanyahu Warns of 'Accelerating Concessions' with Iran VOA 14 Jun 2015 -- World powers attempting to broker a nuclear deal are 'accelerating concessions' with Iran, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday.
- Iran reiterates sovereignty over three Persian Gulf islands Press TV 13 Jun 2015 -- Iran has rejected as "baseless" a statement by the Persian Gulf Arab states supporting the United Arab Emirates' alleged claim to three Iranian islands.
- Government will not allow inspection to military sites IRNA 13 Jun 2015 -- President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday that the government will not let inspection to military sites in the process of carrying out the Additional Protocol to Non-Proliferation Treaty or any other deal with the western governments.
- President says nuclear deal will ensure rights of nation IRNA 13 Jun 2015 -- President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday that Iranian nuclear negotiators are working to reach dignified nuclear deal to ensure the rights of Iranian nation, observing the red lines.
- No Iran-US talks on regional issues: Official ISNA 13 Jun 2015 -- A senior Iranian official said talks between Tehran and Washington are limited to the Islamic Republic's nuclear issue, noting that Iran would discuss regional issues only with its neighbors.
- Rohani Hints At Extension Of Nuclear Talks, Cites 'Many Differences' RFE/RL 13 Jun 2015 -- President Hassan Rohani has suggested that 'many differences over details' remain in talks with world powers on Iran's nuclear activities but added that a deal is 'entirely feasible' even if it requires more time.
- Diplomatic Sources: Iranian Nuclear Talks Showing Little Progress VOA 12 Jun 2015 -- Diplomatic sources close to the Iranian nuclear negotiations say progress has slowed considerably just weeks before a deadline on a historic agreement between Iran and six world powers.
- Iran, 5+1 FM deputies reviewing process of drafting final deal IRNA 12 Jun 2015 -- Deputy foreign ministers of Iran and the 5+1 member states held a meeting in Vienna on Friday to review the process of drafting the final nuclear deal.
- Israel Denies Spying On Iran Nuclear Talks RFE/RL 12 Jun 2015 -- Israel on June 11 denied spying on the nuclear negotiations between Iran, the United States, and other world powers.
- Iran expresses concern about reports on espionage against venues of N-talks Press TV 12 Jun 2015 -- The Iranian Embassies in Austria and Switzerland have expressed concern about recent media reports that the venues of the talks between Iran and the P5+1 in the two European countries have been spied on.
- Iran nuclear deal achievable by deadline: IAEA envoy Press TV 11 Jun 2015 -- Iran's ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says a final nuclear deal between Tehran and the P5+1 group of world powers is "achievable" by the end of the June 30 deadline, Press TV reports.
- Switzerland, Austria probe reports of spying on Iran nuclear talks Press TV 11 Jun 2015 -- Switzerland and Austria say they are investigating reports that spyware linked to Israel targeted the hotels hosting the closed-door nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 states.
- Switzerland, Austria Investigate Alleged Spying At Iran Nuclear Talks RFE/RL 11 Jun 2015 -- Authorities in Switzerland and Austria say they have started investigating possible espionage at nuclear talks involving Iran and six major powers that were hosted by both countries.
- Iran plans to manufacture new destroyers ISNA 10 Jun 2015 -- Iranian Deputy Minister of Defense Brigadier General Amir Hatami said the country plans to manufacture new destroyers of 'Mouj' class in the next three years.
- Experts: Nuclear Talks Ignore Iran's Missiles at World's Peril VOA 10 Jun 2015 -- Three weeks before a deadline for a comprehensive nuclear deal with Iran, the failure to address the Islamic Republic's ballistic missile program in any agreement could be a dangerous omission, a panel of experts told U.S. lawmakers Wednesday.
- Iran providing only military advice to Iraq, says Cmdr ISNA 09 Jun 2015 -- Iranian Ground Force Commander Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan said the country only provides military advice to Iraq, and its support does not include other areas.
- Leader's aide: No foreigner allowed access to military sites IRNA 09 Jun 2015 -- Leader's Top Aide underlined that Iran will not allow access of foreigners to its sensitive military sites.
- IAEA can verify Iran nuclear program in 'reasonable' time, Amano says ISNA 09 Jun 2015 -- Director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said the process to verify the peaceful nature of Iran's nuclear program will not be endless and can come within a 'reasonable' period of time.
- Iran to produce new indigenous destroyers: Deputy defense minister Press TV 09 Jun 2015 -- Iran's Deputy Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami says the Islamic Republic plans to manufacture new domestically-designed and advanced destroyers within the next few years.
- Iran won't let foreign inspection of military sites: Velayati Press TV 09 Jun 2015 -- A senior Iranian official has stressed that Tehran will not allow any foreign inspection of Iran's military sites, noting that the Western rhetoric on the matter is only for their own domestic use.
- Iran not pressed for time over nuclear deal: Iran ISNA 08 Jun 2015 -- An Iranian nuclear negotiator said the Islamic Republic will not be pressed for time in reaching a final comprehensive agreement with the G5+1 group of powers over Tehran's nuclear program.
- IAEA verifies non-diversion in Iran's nuclear activities Press TV 08 Jun 2015 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has once again verified the non-diversion of Iran's declared nuclear activities from their peaceful nature.
- IAEA Ready to Verify Iran's Nuclear Program Within 'Reasonable' Timeframe Sputnik 08 Jun 2015 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency will be ready to verify Iran'n committment to shutting down its nuclear program only if Tehran follows the deal with six powers, the agency's director general said.
- Dy FM: Time limit not the case for comprehensive nuclear deal IRNA 07 Jun 2015 -- Deputy Foreign Minister for Euro-American Affairs said on Sunday that there is no time pressure in nuclear talks to reach a comprehensive agreement.
- Iran strongly fighting maritime terrorism: Navy cmdr. Press TV 07 Jun 2015 -- Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says the Islamic Republic's naval forces are strongly fighting maritime terrorism in high seas.
- Iran Armed Forces will not allow inspections of military sites: Cmdr. Press TV 05 Jun 2015 -- A high-ranking Iranian commander says the Islamic Republic's Armed Forces will not allow any inspection of the country's military sites.
- Russia to deliver Iran's S-300 soon: Lavrov Press TV 05 Jun 2015 -- Russia says it will "soon" deliver Iran's S-300 surface-to-air missile defense system.
- Iran allows controlled access to nuclear facilities: Araqchi IRNA 04 Jun 2015 -- Iranian senior nuclear negotiator Abbas Araqchi said Thursday that as per the Additional Protocol to Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran would allow controlled access to its nuclear facilities, which he said is fully different from what is known as inspection.
- IRGC commander stresses Iran's preparedness to confront enemies IRNA 02 Jun 2015 -- Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Hossein Salami underlined the Iranian Armed Forces' preparedness to confront any possible foreign threats.
- Russia says preparing S-300 for delivery to Iran by 2016 Press TV 03 Jun 2015 -- Russia is assembling its S-300 surface-to-air missile defense system to begin its shipment to Iran by 2016, the Kremlin's top official for the arms trade says.
- Diplomat: Russia's lifting ban on S-300 missiles supplies to Iran opens great opportunities TASS 03 Jun 2015 -- Moscow's decision to lift ban on supplying Tehran with S-300 air defense missile systems is opening great prospects of boosting military and technical bilateral cooperation, Iran's Ambassador to Moscow Mehdi Sanai has told the Kommersant business daily.
- Russian arms maker ready to supply S-300 missiles to Iran TASS 02 Jun 2015 -- Russia's leading arms manufacturer Almaz-Antei is prepared to supply S-300 missile systems to Iran, the concern's director general said on Tuesday.
- Obama: No Military Answer to Iran's Nuclear Program VOA 01 Jun 2015 -- U.S. President Barack Obama says diplomacy, not military action, is the only way to stop Iran from building a nuclear bomb.
- Construction to Begin at Iran's Bushehr Nuclear Plant in Fall - Rosatom Sputnik 01 Jun 2015 -- The head of Russia's nuclear agency Rosatom, Sergey Kirienko, said that work on equipping the second and third units of Iran's Bushehr Nuclear Plant will begin in the fall of 2015.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list