Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
December 2003 - India Special Weapons News
- Pakistan, India to exchange list of nuclear installations IRNA 31 Dec 2003 -- Pakistan and India are to exchange the list of their nuclear installations on January 1 under an agreement that prohibits the two countries attacking each other`s nuclear installations, sources said here on Wednesday.
- SAARC/INDIA VOA 31 Dec 2003 -- Indian officials will be pushing for greater regional economic cooperation at a coming summit meeting of South Asian leaders. But much of the world will be watching the Islamabad gathering to see if the leaders of India and Pakistan continue their recent overtures toward peace.
- Vajpayee `likely` to meet Pak counterpart, President IRNA 30 Dec 2003 -- Indian Foreign Secretary Sheshank said Tuesday that Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee is likely to meet Pakistani President General Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali during the SAARC summit, official media said.
- Vajpayee sends goodwill message to Musharraf IRNA 27 Dec 2003 -- As the aftershock of terrorist attack on Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf reverberated across New Delhi, India`s Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee sent a message to the Pakistani President Friday, expressing empathy and concern and relief that he was safe.
- India condemns assassination bid on Musharraf IRNA 26 Dec 2003 -- India strongly condemned the second assassination bid on Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf Thursday amid mounting security concern among the planners for India`s Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s forthcoming SAARC visit to Islamabad.
- Pakistan must discard its attitude of enmity: Vajpayee IRNA 26 Dec 2003 -- A "good beginning" could be made to improv Indo-Pakistan ties from next month`s South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Summit in Islamabad if Pakistan is ready to give up its "attitude of enmity" towards India, Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee has said.
- ISRAEL / INDIA VOA 26 Dec 2003 -- Israeli officials have flown to India to complete the sale of sophisticated spy planes to India. The arms deal, one of the largest ever made by Israel, is worth more than one billion U-S dollars.
- India responds to Musharraf`s statement on Kashmir IRNA 20 Dec 2003 -- In response to Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf`s statement on Kashmir, India Friday night said that if it reflected any change or modifications in Islamabad`s position it would always be ready to welcome it.
- Pakistan, India poised to restore all communication links IRNA 20 Dec 2003 -- Prior to the SAARC summit, the arch rivals Pakistan and India, are poised to restore their all communications links next month.
- India`s Surface to Air Trishul Missile test fired again IRNA 19 Dec 2003 -- For the second time in two days, Trishul, India`s most sophisticated short-range surface-to-air missile, was test fired from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near Balasore on Friday in the Eastern Indian State of Orissa on Tuesday, ITR sources said in Balasore.
- Indian Air Force MiG 29 crashes in Punjab, pilot bails out IRNA 03 Dec 2003 -- A MiG-29 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed near Adampur in Western Indian State of Punjab`s Hoshiarpur district with the pilot bailing out safely.
- India, Brazil sign pact on defense ties IRNA 02 Dec 2003 -- India and Brazil signed an agreement on defense cooperation Monday evening following delegation level talks and a meeting earlier in the day between Indian Defense Minister George Fernandes, and his Brazilian counterpart, Jose Vieges Filho.
- INDIA/PAKISTAN/AIR LINKS VOA 01 Dec 2003 -- India and Pakistan have agreed to resume air links that were suspended nearly two years ago. The decision is the latest sign of a thaw in relations, and was made ahead of a regional summit to be held in Pakistan in January.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list