Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
July 2020 - North Korea Special Weapons News
- Party Officials Implicated as North Korean Smugglers Caught Trying to Move Gold Into China Radio Free Asia 31 Jul 2020 -- Authorities in North Korea are investigating allegations that central Party officials of the ruling Workers' Party are involved in gold and platinum smuggling after seven alleged smugglers were arrested as they were attempting to deliver a large amount of the metals to buyers in China, local sources told RFA.
- North Koreans Unconvinced by Claim That Infected Refugee Prompted COVID-19 Emergency Radio Free Asia 30 Jul 2020 -- Many North Korean residents are not buying their government's explanation that supreme leader Kim Jong Un's decision to declare a coronavirus "national maximum emergency" was driven by an infected refugee who recently returned from South Korea, local sources told RFA.
- Travelers to North Korea's China Border Region Must Now Pledge Not to 'Defect' Radio Free Asia 29 Jul 2020 -- North Koreans who live in or travel to regions bordering China are grumbling about a new policy that forces all visitors to pledge they won't "defect" -- the latest salvo in a government campaign targeting exiles from the reclusive state, RFA has learned.
- Measures Taken for Maximum Emergency System in DPRK KCNA 28 Jul 2020 -- The state emergency anti-epidemic system has been shifted to the maximum emergency system in the DPRK, according to the decision made at the emergency enlarged meeting of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea.
- DPRK leader says nuclear deterrence to firmly guarantee national security Global Times 28 Jul 2020 -- Top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Jong-un stressed the importance of nuclear deterrence on the occasion of the 67th anniversary of the armistice of the 1950-53 Korean War, according to a report by the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Tuesday.
- Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Makes Speech at Sixth National Conference of War Veterans KCNA 28 Jul 2020 -- The following is the full text of the speech "The Feats Performed by the Great Victors Will Remain for Ever" made by Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un at the Sixth National Conference of War Veterans on July 27, Juche 109 (2020):
- North Korea's nuclear weapons deter another war on country: Leader Kim Press TV 28 Jul 2020 -- North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un says the country now has "absolute might" thanks to its nuclear weapons, which he says guarantee the country's security in the face of threats of war.
- Kim Jong-un Boasts of 'Reliable, Effective' Nuclear 'Deterrent' Aimed at Preventing War on Peninsula Sputnik 28 Jul 2020 -- Monday 27 July marked the 67th anniversary of the signing of the armistice that ended the Korean War (1950-53). North Korean leader Kim Jong-un delivered a speech in front of war veterans in Pyongyang to mark the date.
- 6th National Conference of War Veterans Held KCNA 28 Jul 2020 -- The 6th National Conference of War Veterans was held splendidly in Pyongyang at the April 25 House of Culture on Monday.
- Human rights report details 'heartbreaking' accounts of women detained in DPRK UN News 28 Jul 2020 -- Women forcibly returned to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) are subjected to torture, ill treatment, sexual abuse, and other violations, according to a report published on Tuesday by the UN Human Rights office.
- Report: Women Forcibly Deported by China to North Korea Suffer Appalling Abuse VOA 28 Jul 2020 -- The U.N. human rights office says North Korean women, who escaped to China and were subsequently forcibly deported to their home country, are subjected to horrific abuse, including imprisonment, torture and sexual violence.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Overcoming Present Crisis in Anti-Epidemic Work KCNA 27 Jul 2020 -- Rodong Sinmun in an editorial on Monday says that the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) convened an emergency enlarged meeting as regards the dangerous situation in Kaesong City that may lead to a deadly and destructive disaster.
- North Korean Call For Help Seen in COVID-19 Announcement, Blame Radio Free Asia 27 Jul 2020 -- North Korea may be seeking help from abroad along with propaganda points at home with a weekend announcement of its first suspected COVID-19 case, a report that blamed the infection on an exiled North Korean man fleeing from South Korea, experts told RFA Monday.
- Suspected North Korean Defector Who Returned From South Not Infected With COVID-19, Seoul Says Sputnik 27 Jul 2020 -- A person who is believed to be a North Korean defector and has recently returned to his country is not infected with COVID-19, South Korea's Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters said on Monday.
- DPRK sees 1st suspected COVID-19 case, adopts maximum emergency system People's Daily 27 Jul 2020 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) reported its first suspected case of COVID-19 in Kaesong City, a person who illegally returned to the country from the Republic of Korea (ROK) on July 19, state media Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported on Sunday.
- Defector Accused of Rape in South Korea Swims Back to North Korea VOA 27 Jul 2020 -- South Korea has acknowledged that a North Korean defector, who had been accused of rape in the South, may have sneaked past South Korean border guards before apparently swimming back to his North Korean homeland.
- Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Confers "Paektusan" Commemorative Pistols on Leading Commanding Officers of DPRK Armed Forces KCNA 27 Jul 2020 -- Kim Jong Un, chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and supreme Commander of the armed forces of the DPRK, conferred "Paektusan" commemorative pistols on leading commanding officers of the armed forces of the DPRK on the occasion of the 67th anniversary of the Korean people's victory in the great Fatherland Liberation War.
- Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Visits Fatherland Liberation War Martyrs Cemetery KCNA 27 Jul 2020 -- Kim Jong Un, chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and supreme commander of the armed forces of the DPRK, visited the Fatherland Liberation War Martyrs Cemetery to pay noble tributes to the fallen fighters of the People's Army on the occasion of the 67th anniversary of the Korean people's victory in the great Fatherland Liberation War.
- Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Convenes Emergency Enlarged Meeting of Political Bureau of WPK Central Committee KCNA 26 Jul 2020 -- Amid the intensified anti-epidemic campaign for thoroughly checking the inroads of the world's threatening pandemic, an emergency event happened in Kaesong City where a runaway who went to the south three years ago, a person who is suspected to have been infected with the vicious virus returned on July 19 after illegally crossing the demarcation line.
- DPRK declares state of emergency after Kaesong city reports suspected COVID-19 case People's Daily 26 Jul 2020 -- Kim Jong Un, the top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), declared a state of emergency in Kaesong after the border city reported a suspected case of COVID-19, said Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Sunday.
- N.Korea on alert after virus found in border city Global Times 26 Jul 2020 -- Kim Jong-un, the top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), declared a state of emergency in Kaesong after the border city reported a suspected case of COVID-19, said Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) Sunday.
- N Korea declares state of emergency amid fears of first COVID-19 case Press TV 25 Jul 2020 -- North Korea has reportedly declared a state of emergency after a person suspected of having COVID-19 returned from South Korea by illegally crossing the border this month, state media said.
- North Korea Reports First Suspected Coronavirus Case Sputnik 25 Jul 2020 -- North Korea has announced that the first, suspected, coronavirus case has been registered in the country, the individual illegally crossed the border with South Korea earlier this month, the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reports.
- North Korea Reports First Suspected Coronavirus Case VOA 25 Jul 2020 -- After months of denying it had any coronavirus infections, North Korea has reported its first suspected case, blaming an alleged defector who had recently reentered the country.
- United States Files Complaint to Forfeit More Than $2.37 Million From Companies Accused of Laundering Funds to Benefit Sanctioned North Korean Entities US Dept. of Justice 23 Jul 2020 -- The United States has filed a complaint to forfeit $2,372,793, announced the Department of Justice.
- EU 'To Impose Sanctions' On Russia, China, North Korea Over Cyberattacks RFE/RL 22 Jul 2020 -- European Union ambassadors have given the green light to sanctions on Russia's GRU military intelligence unit, as well as on Chinese and North Korean entities over three separate cyberattacks in recent years.
- South Korea Faces Criticism for Crackdown on Leaflet Launchers VOA 22 Jul 2020 -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in, who began his career as a human rights lawyer, is coming under severe criticism for cracking down on activist groups calling for reform in North Korea.
- Ichon Army-People Power Station Built KCNA 22 Jul 2020 -- The Ichon Army-People Power Station has been completed in Kangwon Province.
- North Korea Intensifies Crackdown on South Korean Cultural Influences Radio Free Asia 21 Jul 2020 -- North Korea has stepped up a campaign to eliminate the influence of South Korean pop culture, threatening stern punishments as a senior official revealed that some 70 percent of the country's 25 million people actively watch TV shows and movies from the South, sources in the North told RFA.
- Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Gives Field Guidance to Pyongyang General Hospital under Construction KCNA 20 Jul 2020 -- Kim Jong Un, chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and supreme commander of the armed forces of the DPRK, gave field guidance to the Pyongyang General Hospital under construction.
- North Korean Leader Lashes Out Over Hospital Construction Delays VOA 20 Jul 2020 -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un lashed out at officials over delays in the construction of a new hospital in Pyongyang and ordered them to be sacked.
- Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Guides Enlarged Meeting of WPK Central Military Commission KCNA 19 Jul 2020 -- The Fifth Enlarged Meeting of the Seventh Central Military Commission of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) took place at the office building of the Central Committee of the WPK on Saturday.
- DPRK's top leader presides over enlarged military meeting People's Daily 19 Jul 2020 -- Kim Jong Un, top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), presided over an enlarged military meeting on Saturday to discuss the strategic mission of the major units for coping with the military situation in the vicinity of the Korean Peninsula, the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported Sunday.
- N Korea's Kim chairs key military meeting on 'war deterrent' Press TV 19 Jul 2020 -- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has presided over a meeting of the ruling party's Central Military Commission (CMC) to review key issues concerning the country's defense power and "war deterrent."
- North Korea Holds Large-Scale Military Meeting Addressing 'Potential Threat' Sputnik 19 Jul 2020 -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un held a large-scale meeting of the Central Military Commission of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea, discussing "deterrence" measures, the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported.
- Kim Jong-un's Sister Moves to Position of 'Ultimate Power' Enabling Her to Stage Coup, Claims Expert Sputnik 19 Jul 2020 -- Kim Yo-jong was thrown into the spotlight in April after Kim Jong-un's long absence from the public eye prompted rumours that he was overthrown in a coup led by his sister, who is believed to be next in line to run the country.
- Great Brilliant Commander Leads Socialist Korea KCNA 17 Jul 2020 -- Eight years has passed since Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un was awarded the title of Marshal of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea on July 17, Juche 101 (2012).
- Rapid Progress Made in Construction of Pyongyang General Hospital KCNA 17 Jul 2020 -- The construction of the Pyongyang General Hospital is progressing apace in the DPRK.
- Hard Labor For North Koreans Who Don't Wear Masks Under Tough New Coronavirus Measures Radio Free Asia 16 Jul 2020 -- North Koreans who fail to wear masks face at least three months of "disciplinary labor" with harsher penalties for people caught sneaking into China under tough new COVID-19 prevention measures, officials in the country told RFA Thursday.
- Photos: North Korea's New Missiles Can Evade Air Defense Systems, US Report Warns Sputnik 16 Jul 2020 -- A new report by the US Congressional Research Service (CRS) has called attention to a trio of missiles recently developed by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), which it says are designed to evade air defense networks and deliver a tactical strike.
- Essentra Fze Admits to North Korean Sanctions and Fraud Violations, Agrees to Pay Fine US Dept. of Justice 16 Jul 2020 -- Essentra FZE Company Limited (Essentra FZE), a global supplier of cigarette products that is incorporated in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has agreed to pay a $665,112 fine and enter into a deferred prosecution agreement with the Justice Department for conspiring to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) and defrauding the United States in connection with evading sanctions on North Korea.
- South Korean Prosecutors Reportedly Launch Investigation Against Kim Jong-un's Sister Sputnik 16 Jul 2020 -- The probe against Kim's sister and North Korea's Chief of the General Staff was launched over the destruction of a liaison office in the border town of Kaesong in June.
- North Korean Teen Selected to Train as Kim Jong Un's Bodyguard Allegedly Kills Own Father Radio Free Asia 15 Jul 2020 -- Authorities in North Korea arrested a teenager who was to begin training for the elite military unit that serves as personal security for Kim Jong Un, after the teen allegedly murdered his father, sources in the country told RFA.
- Answer of Spokesperson for DPRK Foreign Ministry KCNA 15 Jul 2020 -- A spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) gave the following answer to a question put by KCNA on July 15 with regard to a statement of Pompeo, U.S. secretary of State, which denounces China over the issue of South China Sea:
- Answer of Spokesperson for DPRK Foreign Ministry KCNA 15 Jul 2020 -- A spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) gave the following answer to a question put by KCNA on July 15 with regard to the fact that the Japanese authorities made an issue of the DPRK in its "2020 Defence White Paper."
- Japan Should Draw Lesson from Its Defeat in War: KCNA Commentary KCNA 15 Jul 2020 -- Secrets about the Korean war are revealed one after another even today seeing the passage of 70 years since the outbreak of the war.
- Six Men Caught Trying to Escape North Korea on Memorial Day for Founder Kim Il Sung Radio Free Asia 14 Jul 2020 -- A group of six men arrested in North Korea for trying to flee the country are expected to face harsh punishment for attempting their escape on the July 8 anniversary of national founder Kim Il Sung's death in 1994, sources in the country told RFA.
- 'Imminent Threat': Tokyo's Defense White Paper Frets at Rising DPRK, Chinese Military Power Sputnik 14 Jul 2020 -- A new defense white paper published by the Japanese Ministry of National Defense takes aim at Chinese expansionism and North Korean weapons tests, claiming they pose major threats to Tokyo. The paper claims Beijing is taking advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic to further its regional ambitions.
- North Korea says UK will 'pay the price' for new sanctions Press TV 12 Jul 2020 -- North Korea says the United Kingdom will "pay the price" for the imposition of new sanctions on Pyongyang.
- State Emergency Anti-Epidemic Steps Taken in DPRK KCNA 11 Jul 2020 -- The DPRK has intensified the state emergency anti-epidemic work to prevent the inflow and spread of COVID-19, a worldwide pandemic, and ensure well-being of the people.
- Orangchon Power Station No. 4 Completed KCNA 11 Jul 2020 -- The Orangchon Power Station No. 4 has been successfully built in North Hamgyong Province.
- DPRK Premier Inspects Chollima Steel Complex KCNA 11 Jul 2020 -- Kim Jae Ryong, member of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea, member of the State Affairs Commission of the DPRK and premier of the Cabinet, inspected the Chollima Steel Complex.
- Answer of Spokesperson for DPRK Ministry of Foreign Affairs KCNA 11 Jul 2020 -- A spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) gave the following answer to a question put by KCNA on July 11 with regard to the release by the United Kingdom of so-called "Global Human Rights Sanctions Regulations-2020" where the UK has pointed its fingers at the several countries including the DPRK.
- North Korea Sends 30 Pyongyang Families of Missing Overseas Workers Into Internal Exile Radio Free Asia 10 Jul 2020 -- North Korea has banished 30 Pyongyang families to rural mountainous areas because their immediate family members working overseas went missing and are suspected to have fled to South Korea or other countries, sources in the North told RFA.
- Fire Visible From China Destroys Train and Warehouse at North Korean Station Radio Free Asia 10 Jul 2020 -- A fire at a train station in the North Korean city of Sinuiju destroyed a freight train carrying hundreds of tons of cooking oil from China and a warehouse full of cargo, witnesses who watched the blaze from across the Chinese border told RFA Friday.
- Pompeo says "very hopeful" to continue U.S.-DPRK dialogue People's Daily 10 Jul 2020 -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Thursday that the United States is "very hopeful" to continue dialogue with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) at various levels, though the latter has signaled its unwillingness to do so.
- Deputy Secretary of State and Special Representative for North Korea Biegun Visit to Tokyo US Dept. of State 10 Jul 2020 -- During his July 9-10 visit to Tokyo, Deputy Secretary of State and Special Representative for North Korea Stephen E. Biegun met with Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi, Defense Minister Taro Kono, Vice Foreign Minister Takeo Akiba, and other Japanese officials to reaffirm the strength of the U.S.-Japan Alliance during this 60th anniversary year of the U.S.-Japan Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security.
- 'Virus Free' North Korea Fires Health Officials for Quarantine Failures Radio Free Asia 09 Jul 2020 -- North Korea has fired senior health officials responsible for the country's response to the coronavirus pandemic after a meeting called by leader Kim Jong Un last week assessed their failures, even as the country officially claims to be virus free, sources in the country told RFA.
- US calls for resumption of stalled talks with North Korea: Seoul Press TV 09 Jul 2020 -- The United States has called for resumption of stalled talks with North Korea two days after Pyongyang ruled out returning to negotiation table amid US sanctions, South Korea says.
- US Remains Ready to Engage in Dialogue With North Korea, State Department Says Sputnik 09 Jul 2020 -- The United States continues to be prepared to engage in talks with North Korea, the State Department said in a release following US Special Representative for North Korea Stephen Biegun's visit to South Korea.
- Summit With Trump Might Not Happen This Year, Kim Jong Un's Sister Says Sputnik 09 Jul 2020 -- The nuclear talks between Washington and Pyongyang have been stalled ever since the fiasco at the Hanoi summit in February 2019.
- Spy Satellite Reportedly Spots New Nuclear Site in North Korea Amid Freeze in Trump-Kim Talks Sputnik 09 Jul 2020 -- Talks between North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and his US and South Korean counterparts aimed at bringing a formal end to the Korean War and denuclearizing the peninsula have been frozen amid a cooling of relations partially attributed to a South Korean leafleting campaign.
- Rich Phone Brokers Caught in North Korean Crackdown Escape Harsh Sentences Radio Free Asia 09 Jul 2020 -- Authorities in North Korea have unexpectedly released several brokers who facilitate remittance payments from abroad after a crackdown on illegal phone use last month, letting the well-connected brokers off lightly despite government warnings that violators would be severely punished with no exceptions, sources told RFA.
- Trump Says He'd Meet with Kim Jong Un Again VOA 08 Jul 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump says he is open to another summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, even as Pyongyang signals it is uninterested in resuming stalled nuclear talks.
- U.S. "strongly supports" S. Korea-DPRK cooperation: U.S. nuke envoy People's Daily 08 Jul 2020 -- U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Stephen Biegun said here on Wednesday that his country strongly supports cooperation between South Korea and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).
- China says US holds key to breaking stalemate in North Korea talks Press TV 08 Jul 2020 -- China says the United States holds the key to breaking the stalemate in negotiations with North Korea, amid renewed tensions on the Korean Peninsula due to stalled demilitarization talks.
- US Defence Secretary, Japanese, Australia Ministers Urge North Korea to Return to Negotiations Sputnik 08 Jul 2020 -- US Defence Secretary Mark Esper and Japanese and Australian defence ministers Taro Kono and Linda Reynolds urged North Korea to return to the negotiating table on denuclearization, according to their joint statement circulated by the Pentagon.
- DPRK leader visits Kumsusan Palace of the Sun on memorial day of grandfather People's Daily 08 Jul 2020 -- Kim Jong Un, top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), paid a visit to the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun on the occasion of the 26th anniversary of the demise of former President Kim Il Sung, the official Korean Central News Agency reported Wednesday.
- Coronavirus Causes Early Vacation for North Korean Schools From July 1 Radio Free Asia 07 Jul 2020 -- Educational authorities in North Korea have ordered all primary and secondary schools on vacation from July 1, likely in response to growing concerns over the spread of the coronavirus that undercut official claims of success against the pandemic, RFA has learned.
- Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Visits Kumsusan Palace of Sun KCNA 08 Jul 2020 -- All the people and service personnel across the country pay the noblest respect and wishes for eternal life towards the sacred temple of Juche with ardent yearnings and in boundless reverence for the father of the nation on the occasion of the 26th anniversary of demise of President Kim Il Sung.
- Director General of Department of U.S. Affairs of DPRK Foreign Ministry Issues Statement KCNA 07 Jul 2020 -- Kwon Jong Gun, director general of the Department of U.S. Affairs of the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK, issued the following statement on Tuesday:
- North Korea says won't hold new talks as US envoy arrives in Seoul Press TV 07 Jul 2020 -- North Korea has stressed that it has no intention of holding new negotiations with the United States, following a call by South Korea for Pyongyang and Washington to hold a new summit.
- DPRK Premier Inspects Several Fields of National Economy KCNA 06 Jul 2020 -- Kim Jae Ryong, member of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea, member of the State Affairs Commission of the DPRK and premier of the Cabinet, made a field survey of various fields of national economy.
- North Korea Says Does Not Intend to Hold Talks With US - State Media Sputnik 06 Jul 2020 -- North Korea earlier rejected the possibility of restarting negotiations with the United States and accused Washington of embracing a "hostile policy" toward Pyongyang and disregarding agreements made at past summits.
- North Korea Rules Out Talks, as US Diplomat Visits Seoul VOA 06 Jul 2020 -- North Korea says it still has no interest in talks with the United States, amid efforts by South Korea to arrange another summit between Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump.
- Anti-epidemic Measures Reexamined and Toughened in DPRK KCNA 05 Jul 2020 -- It gains momentum in the DPRK to reexamine and toughen anti-epidemic measures.
- Implementing Decision of 14th Enlarged Meeting of Political Bureau of 7th WPK Central Committee Called for KCNA 05 Jul 2020 -- Leading newspapers here on Sunday say the recent enlarged meeting of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) comes to be an important occasion to clearly show the revolutionary nature of the WPK which has adopted the people-first principle as its political doctrine and mode.
- North Korea rejects talks with US as 'political tool' for Washington Press TV 04 Jul 2020 -- North Korea has dismissed the possibility of fresh talks with the US on the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, saying the negotiations would only serve as "a political tool" for Washington.
- North Korean Diplomat Says Pyongyang Not Interested in US Talks Sputnik 04 Jul 2020 -- A high-ranking North Korean diplomat said Pyongyang has no interest in restarting negotiations with the United States and is shocked at the suggestion that talks can be held under present strain in bilateral relations.
- North Korea Says it Has No Immediate Plans to Resume Nuclear Negotiations with US VOA 04 Jul 2020 -- North Korea said Saturday it has no plans to resume nuclear negotiations with the United States in near future if Washington does not abandon what the communist country terms "hostile" polices toward Pyongyang.
- Top DPRK leader guides Political Bureau meeting over COVID-19 protection measures People's Daily 03 Jul 2020 -- Kim Jong Un, top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), guided an enlarged Political Bureau meeting here on Thursday over COVID-19 protection measures, the official Korean Central News Agency reported Friday.
- Kim Jong-un Explains 'Shining Success' of North Korea Preventing Coronavirus Outbreak Sputnik 03 Jul 2020 -- The nation previously opened schools, however, Pyongyang maintained a ban on public gatherings and made it mandatory for people to wear masks in public places, according to the World Health Organisation.
- Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Guides 14th Enlarged Meeting of Political Bureau of 7th Central Committee of WPK KCNA 03 Jul 2020 -- The Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) held an enlarged meeting in the office building of the Central Committee of the WPK on Thursday to discuss the immediate work and the important policy issues of the Party and the state.
- North Korea Traders Chafe as Reopening of China Border Put Off on New COVID-19 Fears Radio Free Asia 02 Jul 2020 -- North Korea has pushed back its timeline for reopening border trade with China over concerns about new coronavirus cases in nearby northeastern Chinese provinces, trade sources in the country told RFA as they braced for more lean times.
- Another Trump-Kim Meeting Before November? South Korea Hopes So VOA 01 Jul 2020 -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in says he hopes U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will hold another summit before the U.S. presidential election in November.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list