OAK RIDGE NATIONAL LABORATORY
ORNL Neutron Sciences:
- Other facilities include the Center For Nanophase Materials Science (CNMS), the National Center for Computation Sciences (NCCS), the High Temperature Materials Lab (HTML), the Shared Research Equipment User Facility (SHaRE), and the Joint Institute for Neutron Sciences (JINS).
Nuclear Technology Programs Office (NTPO)
- Building 3525 - Irradiated Fuels Examination Laboratory
- Building 3025E - Irradiated Materials Examination and Testing Facility
- Radiochemical Engineering Development Center
- (Buildings 7920 and 7930)
- Other facilities include the Oak Ridge Electron Linear Accelerator (OREAL), the Radiation Safety Information Computational Center (RSICC), the Centrifugal Contactor Test Lab (CCTL); the Centrifuge Test Facility (CTF); the TRISO Coated Particle Fuel Development Laboratory (CPFL), which is an advanced fuel fabrication and characterization facility; and the Low Activation Materials Design and Analysis Laboratory (LAMDA), which creates tools and techniques for post irradiation examination of irradiated nuclear materials alternative to traditional hot cell examinations.
- The Bulk Shielding Reactor (Building 3010), the Special Nuclear Material Vault (Building 3027), the Isotope Development Laboratory (Building 3038), the Fission Product Development Laboratory (Building 3517), the Tower Shielding Facility (Building 7700), and the Molten Salt Reactor Experiment (Building 7503).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|