"DEEP POLITICS" AND THE MOON RACE
Soviet Gray Areas of History Explored and Exposed
By Peter Pesavento
A lie is best concealed between two truths.
The dog barks, yet the caravan rolls on.
The ultimate truth is pent-ultimately always a falsehood. He who will be
proved right in the end appears to be wrong and harmful before [the truth shows
--Arthur Koestler, from Rubashov's diary "Darkness at Noon-Second Hearing" Chapter 1 (1940)
History is never a closed book or a final verdict. It is always in the
--Arthur Schlesinger Jr., from "History and National Stupidity" The New York Review of Books (April, 2006)
Thus I now refer to . deep politics, [which is
described as] political practices and arrangements, deliberate or not, which
are usually repressed rather than acknowledged.
--Peter Dale Scott, from "Deep Politics and the Death of JFK" Chapter 1 (1998)
- In July 1969, Russian Lunar Lander was Indeed On Board
- Alexei Leonov's Comments and Their Probable Incorporation by US Intelligence
- Soyuzes 7 and 8: "Podsadka Option" Test in Earth orbit, 1969
- Revelations from Vasiliy Mishin's Technical Notations of July 1969 N-1 Preparations
- Yuri Andropov and the Kremlin's Aggressive Foreign Policy
- Victor Louis-A Major Source of Western Reportage in Moscow
- ".The US is Presently Leading in the 'Space Race.'"
- Meticulous Assessments Characterize Soviet Perceptions
- A Peering into Soviet Prognostication of American Intent
- US Actions/Expectations-"The God---n Bolshies Were Going For It"
- Pop Culture Materials Highlight Soviet Commitment to Manned Lunar Flight, Provide Hints of Actual Plans
- Foreshadowing: What Did Alexei Leonov Say (and Mean) in early June, 1969?
- July 1969 Rumors in Moscow Point to Manned Soviet Expedition
- Intercepted/Interpreted Data by US Intelligence Backed Manned Scenario
- An Additional Wrinkle-Cosmonauts in Attendance of the Launch
Special thanks to Charles Vick, Rex Hall, Ulrich Brocks, Philip Clark, John Hargenrader, Charlaine McCauley, Walt Cunningham, Mark Wade, Nicholas Daniloff, Dusko Doder, G. Omelchenko, Scott Koch, Dimitry Pieson, and Karl Heinz-Eyermann, (as well as others who wish to remain anonymous) for their contributions.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|