Central Military District
Central Military District (CVO) was formed on December 1, 2010 in accordance with the decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated 20 September 2010 "On military-administrative division of the Russian Federation" on the basis of the Volga-Urals and part of the troops of the Siberian Military District. Its members also included the 2nd Air Force and Air Defense Command.
Currently CVO troops stationed in the administrative boundaries of the three federal districts (Volga region, the Urals and Siberia) in the 29 subjects of the Russian Federation. It also includes a 201st military base, located in the Republic of Tajikistan. CVO headquarters is located in Ekaterinburg. The commander of the CVO commands all stationed on the territory of the district military formations species and genera of the RF Armed Forces, with the exception of the Strategic Missile Forces and the Forces Aerospace Defense. Also, the operational control of Commander of the CVO are military units Interior Ministry, the FSB Border Troops, the Emergencies Ministry and other ministries and departments, performing tasks within the county.
History of the Russian army in the Volga-Ural region goes back centuries, to the days of accession in 1552 to the Russian Kazan Khanate. In the eighteenth century the Orenburg region in the border fortresses and cities of the Volga region, the Urals and Western Siberia were first regiments and battalions of the regular Russian army.
However, the establishment of the Russian military-district system as part of the military management refers to a later time - to the second half of the nineteenth century. During the years 1855-1881 the military reform. Russian territory was divided into 15 military districts which were created artillery, engineering, Quartermaster and military medical management.
During the Civil War and military intervention (1918-1922 gg.) Supreme Military Council of the Russian Republic, March 31, 1918, it was decided to change the military-administrative division of the country. In May 1918, it was created six military districts, including the Volga and Ural military district (PriVO, UrVO). Siberian Military District (Sib) was established December 3, 1919 (in accordance with the directive of the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation from November 26, 1993 has been restored historic date of its formation - August 6, 1865).
After the Civil War PriVO troops took part in the elimination of banditry in Astrakhan, Samara, Saratov, Tsaritsyn province and other regions of the country, and fought with Basmach forces in Central Asia.
Becoming PriVO, Ural Military District and Siberian Military District before the war took place in conditions of modernization and organizational restructuring of the Red Army. The main efforts were concentrated on the organization of the development of new weapons and equipment, training, improving the efficiency and quality of training. This takes into account the experience of fighting at the lake. Hassan, on the river. Halkin-Gol and the Soviet-Finnish war of 1939-1940. A little later - in 1940-1941 - carried out extensive work on the deployment, training and sending military units to the border military districts.
A special place in the history of the Volga, Ural and Siberian military districts is The Great Patriotic War (1941-1945 gg.). In those years, in the district were deployed more than 200 military schools that prepared more than 30% of the total number of command personnel of the army. Here were formed, trained and sent to the front of more than 3 thousand associations, formations and military units that took part in the fighting on almost all fronts and in all the battles of the Great Patriotic War and the Second World War in defense of Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, in battles of Kursk, in the liberation of Ukraine, Belarus, the Baltic states, getting rid of fascism, the peoples of Eastern Europe, the capture of Berlin, and in the defeat of the Kwantung Army militarist Japan.
After the end of World War II military district was a large amount of activities for the reception of returning troops from the front, demobilize and transfer formations, units and institutions in the states of peace. The troops carried out the planned combat training, improved educational facilities. Much attention was given to studying and summarizing the experience of war, its implementation in practice of training. In 1974, for his contribution to strengthening the defense capability of the state PriVO, Ural Military District and Siberian Military District was awarded the Order of the Red Banner.
September 1, 1989 and PriVO UrVO were united in the Volga-Ural Military District (Purva), with headquarters in Samara. In Yekaterinburg, at the former headquarters was established UrVO general army headquarters. In December 1992, Purva again divided into PriVO and Ural Military District, but in 2001 there was a new aggregation.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|