Project 1143.5 - Kuznetsov - Construction
In September 1982, the head TAKR pr. 11435 was laid down at the ChSZ (which was given the name of the capital of the Latvian SSR - "Riga"), installing on the stocks the embedded bottom sections of the hull of the ship. Two months later, the new TAKR was renamed "Leonid Brezhnev", and in December, a first-block assembly with a new board was started at the near-stall site (from the bulk and planar sections manufactured in the hull-assembly workshop).
This block was lifted to the slipway by two gantry cranes on February 22, 1983. According to the adopted for the construction of TAKR prospect 11435 the progressive technology of forming a hull of large blocks (which was first introduced during the construction of such a large ship in the practice of domestic shipbuilding), the main building was divided into 21 blocks. In height, it was divided into two tiers, The lower and upper tier boundary was the 6th deck. The length of the blocks reached 32 m, the width corresponded to the full width of the hull, the height - about 13 m, weight - 1400 t. All the structures of the ship's superstructure were combined into the 22nd block, the sponsons were also formed from the blocks.
At the release of the working design documentation for a rigid block schedule (where the plant required a month for RKD of each unit), modern computer facilities were widely used in the NPKB.
Launching of TAKR (the level of automation of design and engineering work as a whole reached 55%, calculations - 75%), volumetric design in the most cramped ["saturated"] spaces of the ship and equipment assembly. The adopted technology significantly shortened the duration of the ship's construction period. Such a reduction was provided by expanding the front of work with the implementation of a significant amount of them outside the slipway, in shop conditions, which significantly increased the quality of execution. The formation of the hull from the blocks of the lower tier continued simultaneously in two directions - into the nose and stern of the embedded block, and similar work was done to form the upper tier.
On the pile in the blocks of the lower tier before the closing of the 6th deck, the main boilers and GTPA, other equipment of the machine-branch departments, energy compartments and departments of refrigerating machines, mechanisms of the systems were dipped. The equipment and devices were also loaded into the blocks of the upper tier. Loading and installation of weapons (except for the zone block of launchers of the Granit), aircraft and technical equipment, electrical equipment, ventilation and air conditioning systems, As well as the equipment of the premises was to be carried out afloat when the ship was completed at the Northern Embankment.
The senior builder of the ship was appointed S. N. Astremsky, under whom in 1972-1978 the construction of the TAKR "Minsk" pr. 1143 was conducted. From the beginning of the construction of the ship, a group of supervision of the NPKB was organized at the plant headed by the deputy chief designer of the project. Comprehensive marking of the insulating saturation of premises and the adjustment of the design documentation for the experience of construction were carried out with the participation of the technical assistance department of the NPKB, organized from the Nikolayev designers.
Due to the failure of the delivery of large power equipment in 1983-1984 in the already almost ready hull of the ship, it was necessary to open and then make dozens of huge connectors, which had to be cut through 7-10 decks. The customer at that time prepared another surprise: it was proposed to replace the "Cantata" radio-counteraction complex, envisaged by the original TAVKR project, on a completely different - "Constellation", which was still under development. Designers had to redo and redesign hundreds of rooms, to look for a place for a large number of new antennas and electronic blocks.
Simultaneously with the beginning of the formation of the hull of the ship at the complex "Nitka" the first domestic full-scale prototype of a ship's airfighter (designed and manufactured by the Proletarsky Plant) was assembled for the forthcoming testing and joint testing for its intended purpose. In June 1983, the first braking of the MiG-23 airplane took place during its takeoff on the runway of the airfield. Until the end of the year, the equipment of the landing block was completed by the remaining aerofiners, after their calibration with the accelerating device, joint work began with the aircraft.
In September 1984, for the first time in the USSR, there was successfully carried out an aerofischer landing of Su-27 aircraft. Since August of the next year on "Nitke" tests on take-off of the aircraft-laboratory Su-27 from the springboard accepted for the ship under construction have begun. Then there were flight tests of MiG-27, MiG-29 and Su-25 airplanes.
In 1983, the government received permission for the construction of a second TAKR av. 11435 with possible improvements, taking into account the timing of the creation of the ship and new models of weapons for the studies carried out by the NPKB together with the co-executors.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|