T-AKR 295 Shughart - References
- FY2003 Report for the Office of the Director, Operational Test & Evaluation [19 MB PDF]
- DOT&E FY01 Annual Report
- NASSCO Awarded $22 Million for Second Phase of Ship Conversion Contract for the U.S. Marine Corps May 8, 2000
- USNS Soderman is named Military Sealift Command Newsrelease 28 Oct 1997 -- USNS Soderman (T-AKR 299), the last of five commercial container ships converted into large, medium-speed, roll-on/roll-off ships and destined for operation by Military Sealift Command, was renamed on Oct. 24 at National Steel and Shipbuilding Company.
- Shughart passes through Straits of Hormuz Military Sealift Command Newsrelease 15 Aug 1997 -- USNS Shughart arrived at the Arabian Gulf in late July. She joins her sister ship, USNS Gordon, as part of the Afloat Prepositioning Squadron Four. Shughart continues the process started by Gorden to replace the original seven smaller Ready Reserve Force ships of Afloat Prepositioning Squadron Four with five LMSRs. They will be joined by three more LMSRs--USNS Yano, USNS Gilliland and USNS Soderman--within the next year.
- Military Sealift Command's newest ship is named Military Sealift Command Newsrelease 22 Jan 1997 -- USNS Yano (T-AKR 297) initially will be used to preposition U.S. Army combat support equipment at sea. Later the ship will serve as a surge asset for the transport of military cargo from U.S. ports to foreign shores.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|