Joint Strike Fighter (JSF)
- DODIG-2013-140, Quality Assurance Assessment of the F-35 Lightning II Program Inspector General, US Department of Defense 30 Sep 2013 [PDF]
- FY2003 Report for the Office of the Director, Operational Test & Evaluation [19 MB PDF]
- DOT&E FY01 Annual Report
- Dave Hasting's JSF Page
- Joint Adv Strike Tech Program FY98 R&D Budget Request
- 0603800N JOINT ADVANCED STRIKE JASTP FY98 R&D Budget Request
- JSF Program Update Joint Strike Fighter Program October 2003 [PDF 604 Kb]
- The Joint Strike Fighter Derek W. Avance; Christopher S. Ceplecha; Robert E. Clay; Terry M. Featherston; David S. Grantham; Thomas E. Gregory (Faculty Advisor); Patrick A. Kelleher; David Kelly; Thomas L. Moore (Faculty Advisor); Garry L. Pendleton; John Rupp; Christopher E. Yelder Air Command and Staff College 1996
- JSF excerpts from House National Security Committee Report on House National Defense Authorization Act for FY 1998
- MEMORANDUM FOR CORRESPONDENTS June 23, 1998 The Joint Strike Fighter program office today announced today that Pratt & Whitney began ground testing the second of two developmental engine designs for the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Concept Demonstrator Aircraft (CDA).
- Designing The Next Generation Strike Fighter Brigadier General Leslie Kenne, Director, Joint Strike Fighter Program Office [1500k PDF]
- Boeing Refines Joint Strike Fighter Design February 4, 1999 - Boeing has taken the next step in maturing the design for its Joint Strike Fighter (JSF), improving its affordability, supportability and performance capabilities while maintaining the fundamentals of its original weapon-system concept.
- Joint Strike Fighter concept demonstrators slated to begin flying Air Force Print News 24 May 2000 -- Competitors for the Air Force's newest multi-role aircraft, the Joint Strike Fighter, will begin flying their concept demonstrators in the next few months.
- Joint Strike Fighter Acquisition Strategy, Boeing Press Release, 22 June 2000 -- Boeing supports today's Defense Department announcement confirming the current winner-take-all strategy on the Joint Strike Fighter competition.
- Cohen: Joint Strike Fighter program must stay on schedule, Stars and Stripes, 24 June 2000 -- Defense Secretary William Cohen sent a letter to senior House and Senate lawmakers Thursday urging them to keep the funding and schedule for the Pentagon's Joint Strike Fighter aircraft on schedule.
- NAVAIR test pilot breaks new ground in JSF testing, NAWCAD Public Affairs, 26 October 2000 -- In what could be the one of the last "first flights" of a new fighter program for a long time, Boeing chief test pilot Fred Knox piloted the X-32 Joint Strike Fighter concept demonstrator on its first flight thrilling none more than Navy Cmdr. Phil "Rowdy" Yates.
- Joint Strike Fighter Homepage - Air Force
- Lockheed Martin JSF Homepage
- Boeing JSF Homepage
- DOD News Briefing -- Joint Strike Fighter Development Selection - Nov. 16, 1996
- Joint Strike Fighter Armed Forces Journal International, February 1996
- Politics could cloud fighter plane's future Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Jun 24, 1996)
News Items / Release
- DOD Announces Termination of JSF F136 Extra Engine DoD 25 Apr 2011
- DOD Stop Work Order on JSF F136 Extra Engine DoD 24 Mar 2011
- F-35 'CATBIRD' AVIONICS TEST BED TRANSITIONS TO LOCKHEED MARTIN FOR FINAL SYSTEMS INSTALLATION Lockheed Martin 02 Mar 2007
- Northrop Grumman Delivers Technology to Ensure F-35 Mission Capability Northrop Grumman 05 Oct 2006
- Air Force proposes initial Joint Strike Fighter locations AFPN 04 Oct 2006
- F-35 centerpiece for international partnership AFPN 28 Sep 2006
- F-35 Lightning II JSF testing marks program milestone AFPN 06 Sep 2006
- Joint Strike Fighter Named Lightning II 07 Jul 2006
- Joint Strike Fighter Rolled Out, Named Lightning II AFPS 07 Jul 2006
- Joint Strike Fighter: Implications of Program Restructuring and Other Recent Developments on Key Aspects of DOD's Prior Alternate Engine Analyses, GAO-11-903R, September 14, 2011
- Joint Strike Fighter: Restructuring Places Program on Firmer Footing, but Progress Is Still Lagging, GAO-11-677T, May 19, 2011
- Joint Strike Fighter: Restructuring Places Program on Firmer Footing, but Progress Still Lags, GAO-11-325, Apr 7, 2011
- Joint Strike Fighter: Restructuring Should Improve Outcomes, but Progress Is Still Lagging Overall, GAO-11-450T, Mar 15, 2011
- Joint Strike Fighter: Assessment of DOD's Funding Projection for the F136 Alternate Engine, GAO-10-1020R, Sep 15, 2010
- Joint Strike Fighter: Significant Challenges and Decisions Ahead, GAO-10-478T, Mar 24, 2010
- Joint Strike Fighter: Additional Costs and Delays Risk Not Meeting Warfighter Requirements on Time, GAO-10-382, Mar 19, 2010
- Joint Strike Fighter: Significant Challenges Remain as DOD Restructures Program, GAO-10-520T, Mar 11, 2010
- Joint Strike Fighter: Strong Risk Management Essential as Program Enters Most Challenging Phase, GAO-09-711T, May 20, 2009
- Joint Strike Fighter: Accelerating Procurement before Completing Development Increases the Government's Financial Risk, GAO-09-303, Mar 12, 2009
- Joint Strike Fighter: Impact of Recent Decisions on Program Risks GAO-08-569T March 11, 2008
- Joint Strike Fighter: Recent Decisions by DOD Add to Program Risks GAO-08-388 March 11, 2008
- Defense Acquisitions: Analysis of Costs for the Joint Strike Fighter Engine Program GAO-07-656T, March 22, 2007
- Tactical Aircraft: DOD's Cancellation of the Joint Strike Fighter Alternate Engine Program Was Not Based on a Comprehensive Analysis, GAO-06-717R, May 22, 2006
- Joint Strike Fighter: DOD Plans to Enter Production before Testing Demonstrates Acceptable Performance, GAO-06-356, March 15, 2006
- Joint Strike Fighter: Management of the Technology Transfer Process, GAO-06-364, March 14, 2006
- TACTICAL AIRCRAFT F/A-22 and JSF Acquisition Plans and Implications for Tactical Aircraft Modernization GAO-05-519T, April 6, 2005
- Tactical Aircraft: Opportunity to Reduce Risks in the Joint Strike Fighter Program with Different Acquisition Strategy. GAO-05-271, March 15, 2005.
- Air Force Assessment of the Joint Strike Fighter's Aerial Refueling Method. GAO-05-316R, March 14, 2005.
- TACTICAL AIRCRAFT Status of the F/A-22 and JSF Acquisition Programs and Implications for Tactical Aircraft Modernization GAO-05-390T, March 3, 2005
- JOINT STRIKE FIGHTER ACQUISITION Observations on the Supplier Base (GAO-04-554), May 2004 [PDF 293 Kb]
- Tactical Aircraft: Status of the F/A-22 and F-35 Programs, by Allen Li, director, acquisition sourcing and management, before the Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces, House Committee on Armed Services. (GAO-04-597T), March 25, 2004 [PDF 741 KB]
- Joint Strike Fighter Acquisition: Cooperative Program Needs Greater Oversight to Ensure Goals Are Met (GAO-03-775) July 21, 2003 [PDF 788 Kb]
- Joint Strike Fighter Acquisition: Managing Competing Pressures Is Critical to Achieving Program Goals, by Katherine V. Schinasi, director, acquisition and sourcing management, before the Subcommittee on National Security, Emerging Threats, and International Relations, House Committee on Government Reform (GAO-03-1012T) July 21, 2003 [PDF 620 Kb]
- Defense Acquisitions: Decisions on the Joint Strike Fighter Will Be Critical for Acquisition Reform [T-NSIAD-00-173] 05/10/2000. [PDF Version]
- Joint Strike Fighter Acquisition: Development Schedule Should Be Changed to Reduce Risks [NSIAD-00-74] 05/09/2000. [PDF Version]
- Joint Strike Fighter Acquisition: Development Schedule Should Be Changed to Reduce Risks [T-NSIAD-00-132] 03/16/2000
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|