11 November 2012 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
Defense Policy / Programs
- Dempsey Says He's Listened, Learned During Korea Visit AFPS 11 Nov 2012 -- The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said here today that he has learned a lot during his visit to Korea and will put that information to use when he returns to Washington.
- Joint Chiefs Chairman Visits Korea's Demilitarized Zone AFPS 11 Nov 2012 -- Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey visited the Demilitarized Zone separating North and South Korea today and got a taste of what life is like on the world's hottest frontier.
- Indian airmen receive C-17 maintenance training AFNS 11 Nov 2012 -- The Indian air force has begun sending about 100 airmen to Joint Base Charleston, S.C., to receive instruction from the 373rd Training Squadron Detachment 5, on how to operate the 10 C-17 Globemaster IIIs they recently purchased.
- Russia to Get Kalashnikov Arms Corp RIA Novosti 11 Nov 2012 -- The creator of the Kalashnikov assault rifle agreed to let his name be used as a brand for a new arms corporation, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Sunday.
- Salehi: Iran's diplomacy vis-à-vis Syria to prevent deepened crisis IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said that the Islamic Republic of Iran's diplomacy in Syria is preventing that country's crisis from becoming more deepened, as well as trying to bring back stability and tranquility to the Arab country.
- President: National reconciliation only solution to Syria problem IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said national reconciliation is the solution to Syria problem and the solution can be achieved through a free election.
- Israel Fires 'Warning' Missile After Syrian Mortars Strike Golan RFE/RL 11 Nov 2012 -- Israel's military says it fired "warning shots" into Syria after stray mortars from the Syrian conflict exploded in the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights.
- Syrian Opposition Unites RIA Novosti 11 Nov 2012 -- A number of atomized groups making up the motley Syrian opposition have agreed on Sunday to form a unified coalition set to represent all opponents of President Bashar al-Assad's regime.
- Israel Fires into Syria, Violence Also Flares on Gaza Border VOA 11 Nov 2012 -- Israel fired a missile into Syria in what the military described as a 'warning shot,' after a stray mortar shell fired from Syria landed near an Israeli military post in the Golan Heights. It was the first time Israel fired into Syria since the civil war erupted there more than a year and a half ago.
- West African Allies Call for International Forces in Mali VOA 11 Nov 2012 -- West African leaders agreed Sunday to formally request international military forces be deployed to Mali, where large areas of the country have been controlled by rebel groups since April.
- Amano: IAEA determined to resolve Iran's nuclear case IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Yukiya Amano said that IAEA will play a key role in resolving the current deadlock between the Western powers and Iran over the latters nuclear program.
- IRGC: Iran to give firmer response to airspace violations by US IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Aerospace Commander of the Islamic Revolution's Guards Corps (IRGC) warned the US against the repetition of violating Iranian airspace, and said that the American officials should realize Iran's red-lines and respect them or meet the negative consequences.
- Rezaee: Martyrdom of Tehrani Moqaddam leaves no impacts on Iran's missile program IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Secretary of the Expediency Council Mohsen Rezaee said on Sunday that martyrdom of Iranian master of missile technology Brigadier Tehrani Moqaddam will not leave any impacts on the country's missile program.
- Iran has dismissed US offer to set up emergency contact line IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Iran said on Sunday that Iranian government has dismissed US offer to set up emergency contact line with Washington.
- Top Commander: US drone had violated Iranian airspace IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Acting Commander of Islamic Republic Guard Corps Brigadier General Hossein Salami said on Sunday the Iranian military has fired on the US drone which had violated Iranian airspace over territorial waters.
- Taiwan to host international forum on China's power transition CNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Taiwan will host an international conference over the next two days to analyze the ongoing power transition in China, particularly how it might affect policy-making in Beijing.
- Iranian-made satellite carrier to undergo final test IRNA 11 Nov 2012 -- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Major General Mohammad-Ali Jafari said on Sunday that Iranian-made satellite carrier will undergo final test to put the data gathering satellite into the orbit.
- Designer of Glonass Navigation System Sacked RIA Novosti 11 Nov 2012 -- The chief designer or Russia's scandal-hit Glonass satellite navigation system, Yury Urlichich, was fired from his job, a spokeswoman for Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Sunday.
- Ariane-5 with Two Satellites Blasts Off from Guiana RIA Novosti 11 Nov 2012 -- The Ariane-5 carrier rocket with a dual-satellite payload was launched on Sunday from the Kourou space center in French Guiana.
- Jordan Jails Ex-Intelligence Chief for Corruption RIA Novosti 11 Nov 2012 -- A Jordanian criminal court has sentenced the kingdom's former intelligence chief to 13 years in prison for corruption, the BBC reported on Sunday.
- Assange Needs to Leave Ecuador's Embassy - Lawyer RIA Novosti 11 Nov 2012 -- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, sheltering inside Ecuador's embassy in London, should not remain there any longer as his health condition might begin worsening, his lawyer Baltasar Garzon said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|