07 June 2010 Military News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 07 June 2010 [PDF]
- Airpower Summary: June 6 AFNS 07 Jun 2010
- Airpower Summary: June 5 AFNS 07 Jun 2010
- Airpower Summary: June 4 AFNS 07 Jun 2010
- Global Hawk takes northern route, improves efficiency AFNS 07 Jun 2010 -- Since 12th RS' Global Hawks began flying the northern route, maintainers noticed ability to get the aircraft serviced and back more efficiently.
- Iraqi Forces Target al-Qaida in Mosul, Baghdad AFPS 07 Jun 2010 -- Iraqi security forces killed seven al-Qaida in Iraq members and captured three others during June 5 security operations in northern Iraq.
- At Least 7 Killed in Iraq Attacks VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- At least seven people have died in a series of attacks in Iraq, including three killed when a car bomb exploded in a Baghdad shopping area.
- Taji Law Enforcement Academy graduates last Iraqi police class AFNS 07 Jun 2010 -- US Airmen graduated the last 15 of more than 400 Iraqi police students at the Taji Law Enforcement Academy.
- Afghan, International Forces Kill, Capture Insurgents AFPS 07 Jun 2010 -- Afghan and international forces killed a Taliban commander and other insurgents in Afghanistan’s western province of Farah.
- Resignations Of Top Afghan Security Officials Have Broad Implications RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- Kabul is rife with speculations and rumors after 2 top security resigned from their posts.
- Afghan Government Defends Controversial Firing of Top Security Officials VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- The Afghan government is defending President Karzai's decision on to fire two of the country's top security officials.
- NATO Plan Ties Afghan Economy to Growth of Forces AFPS 07 Jun 2010 -- Economic power of military-fueled industry has been illustrated throughout history, and it looks like Afghan Security Forces growth will be a boon.
- Bloody Day Across Afghanistan Highlights Bolder, Broader Insurgency RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- 10 foreign soldiers and 9 private security contractors were killed in a series of separate insurgent attacks across Afghanistan.
- 10 NATO Troops Killed in Afghanistan VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- Ten NATO soldiers, seven of them Americans, were killed in separate attacks in eastern and southern Afghanistan.
- Suicide Bombers Attack Afghan Police Compound RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- Afghan officials say at least three suicide bombers attacked a police training center in the southern city of Kandahar.
- Media Availability with Defense Secretary Gates en route to London DoD 07 Jun 2010
- Gates Meets With British Prime Minister AFPS 07 Jun 2010 -- Defense Secretary Gates had “an excellent first meeting” with British PM Cameron at No. 10 Downing St.
- Gates: New British Leaders 'Resolute' on Afghanistan AFPS 07 Jun 2010 -- Defense Secretary Gates: Conversations give him the sense that Great Britain’s new government “is quite resolute with respect to Afghanistan.”
- New longer-range rifles for UK troops in Afghanistan IRNA 07 Jun 2010 -- British troops are being supplied with new longer-range American rifles in Afghanistan after suffering increasing casualties.
- Gates Talks Strengthen Azerbaijan Partnership AFPS 07 Jun 2010 -- Calling Azerbaijan an important partner in the coalition’s efforts in Afghanistan, Defense Secretary Gates discussed a stronger military relationship.
- Russia proposes aid for Tajikistan to combat Afghan heroin RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- Russia's drug control chief said on Monday Tajikistan should be given aid to help it combat Afghan heroin trafficking through its territory.
- Russia sends drugs chief to German conference on Afghanistan RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- Russia is to put the Afghan drug trade at the center of an international security conference on Afghanistan hosted by Germany.
- Fight against Afghan drugs needs new strategy - Italian expert RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- International strategies to combat drug production in Afghanistan need complete revision, with Russia and the EU playing a decisive role.
- Security Council selects official to assist with Al-Qaida and Taliban sanctions UN News Centre 07 Jun 2010 -- UNSC committee appointed a Canadian judge to help decide which names of individuals or entities to remove from list of people facing sanctions.
- Secretary of the Navy Visits Camp Leatherneck, Battle Space Navy NewsStand 07 Jun 2010 -- Secretary of the Navy Mabus toured Helmand Province, Afghanistan to visit the Marines and Sailors of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force.
- SECNAV Visits Forward Operating Bases in Afghanistan Navy NewsStand 07 Jun 2010 -- Secretary of the Navy Mabus spent a day touring forward operating bases in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
- Militant groups clash leave 25 dead in Pakistan IRNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Supporters of Taliban and other militant groups clashed in a Pakistani tribal region leaving at least 25 people dead.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Gates reaffirms no changes in U.S. policy on arms sales to Taiwan CNA 07 Jun 2010 -- US Defense Secretary Gates has reaffirmed that the US policy on selling defensive weapons to Taiwan remains unchanged.
- Defense Leaders Laud Air-Sea Battle Concept Initiative AFPS 07 Jun 2010 -- The air-sea battle concept being developed by the Air Force and Navy exemplifies the closer, more integrated relationships the military needs.
- High-tech radar maps defeat camouflage Army News 07 Jun 2010 -- To the untrained eye, U.S. Army radar-generated maps may look like a bird's-eye view of a city at night.
- Aviation armaments conference sparks technology collaboration Army News 07 Jun 2010 -- More than 25 distinct technologies from Picatinny Arsenal were showcased at the 2010 Joint Service Aviation Armaments Conference.
- 162nd Inf Bde unit focuses on defeating IEDs Army News 07 Jun 2010 -- The Counter-IED training unit of the 162nd Infantry Brigade tapped into the largest US military organization focused on defeating the biggest threat to coalition forces.
- U.S., Romanian training goes airborne USMC News 07 Jun 2010 -- U.S. Marines and soldiers deployed to Eastern Europe for Black Sea Rotational Force 2010 conducted parachute training with Romanian airborne forces.
- Lock and Load: Macedonians, Marines hone combat marksmanship skills USMC News 07 Jun 2010 -- "Stand by, targets!" shouted Cpl. Mitchell Staats during a combat marksmanship program training exercise with Macedonian Army soldiers.
- How the Air Force Uniform Board works AFNS 07 Jun 2010 -- Throughout the years, Air Force uniforms have evolved to meet modern day operational requirements, but few Airmen know the process involved or who is responsible for these changes.
- NMCB 7 Augments Public Works Department in Djibouti Navy NewsStand 07 Jun 2010 -- Seabees from NMCB 7 Detachment Horn of Africa are improving living conditions for service members assigned to Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti.
- Swift Arrives in Nicaragua for SPS 2010 Navy NewsStand 07 Jun 2010 -- High Speed Vessel Swift arrived in Corinto, Nicaragua, to kick off the Southern Partnership Station (SPS) 2010 visit to the nation.
- Vietnam, Pacific Partnership 2010 Veterinarians Come Together for the First Time Navy NewsStand 07 Jun 2010 -- Members of Vietnam's Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development joined efforts with Pacific Partnership 2010 for the first time.
- USS Cowpens Sailors Mentor Yokosuka Middle School Students Navy NewsStand 07 Jun 2010 -- Sailors stationed aboard the USS Cowpens volunteered their time with sixth graders at Yokosuka Middle School in Yokosuka, Japan.
- Cowpens Sailors Deliver Fun, Smiles to Orphanage Navy NewsStand 07 Jun 2010 -- USS Cowpens Sailors and their family members participated in a community service project at the Misono Orphanage in Fujisawa City, Japan.
- National Guard from neighboring states aid Louisiana Army News 07 Jun 2010 -- National Guardsmen from Louisiana's neighboring states and beyond have joined to help protect its shores.
- CECOM Software Engineering Center opens newly renovated facility at Fort Lee Army News 07 Jun 2010 -- The Army's US Army Communications-Electronics Command's Software Engineering Center senior leadership and personnel celebrated the opening of a $14 million newly-renovated and equipped facilty.
- Army Renewable Energy Initiative Army News 07 Jun 2010 -- The Renewable Energy Initiative encompasses all Army efforts to adopt technologies and capabilities that will help promote and facilitate renewable energy.
- Navy Researcher Shares US Patent for New Vaccine Navy NewsStand 07 Jun 2010 -- A Navy Medicine researcher will share a U.S. patent for her work in developing a vaccine against diarrheal disease.
- Zhirinovsky's Party Proposes Conscription Buyout In Russia RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- The party led by Russian nationalist Zhirinovsky proposed a law that would allow young men to pay instead of performing military service.
- Russian task force concludes anti-piracy mission off Somalia RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- A Russian Pacific Fleet task force has accomplished its anti-piracy mission in the Gulf of Aden and set sail to its home base.
- Rasmussen rejects lowering NATO ties with Israel over Gaza conflict IRNA 07 Jun 2010 -- NATO Secretary General Rasmussen rejected calls to downgrade ties with Israel over recent deadly attack on a Gaza aid convoy.
- NATO-Ukraine cooperation to continue - Rasmussen RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- Secretary General Rasmussen: NATO-Ukraine cooperation will continue within the framework of the NATO-Ukraine Commission.
- U.S., European military to discuss air defense cooperation RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- US Air Forces in Europe (USAFE) top brass will attend a Building Partnership Seminar under the Unified Engagement series.
- Indian Air Force to participate in "Exercise Garuda" in France IRNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Indian Air Force sending six of its front line Sukhoi fighter jets to an Indo-French joint air force exercise which will be held in France.
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Robert Gibbs and National Incident Commander Admiral Thad Allen The White House 07 Jun 2010
- U.S. Department of State Daily Press Briefing - 06/07/10 US Dept. of State 07 Jun 2010
- DoD News: Contracts for June 07, 2010
- Boeing Secures All Rights to AgustaWestland AW101 for US Navy VXX Presidential Helicopter Program Boeing 07 Jun 2010 -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] announced today that it will secure a license from AgustaWestland for U.S. production of the AW101 medium-lift helicopter as an entry into the U.S. Navy VXX Presidential Helicopter Program. This license will give Boeing full intellectual property, data and production rights for the aircraft in support of the VXX program. Because of this arrangement, the aircraft will be a Boeing aircraft, built by Boeing personnel at one of its U.S. facilities. The company will submit information regarding this aircraft in response to the Navy's current Request for Information by the June 18 deadline.
- Orbital's Two-Stage OBV Interceptor Rocket Successfully Launched for Missile Defense Flight Test Orbital Sciences Corp. 07 Jun 2010 -- Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) announced today that a two-stage configuration of its flight-proven Orbital Boost Vehicle (OBV) was successfully flight-tested earlier today in the Booster Verification Test-1 (BVT-1) mission that originated from Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB), CA. Under a contract from The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA) for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) system, Orbital developed a two-stage ground-based interceptor (GBI) booster that will provide the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) more flexibility in how it addresses emerging threats to the United States, its deployed troops and allied nations.
- U.S. Navy Version of Lockheed Martin F-35 Makes First Flight Lockheed Martin 07 Jun 2010 -- The most advanced aircraft in the history of the United States Navy made its inaugural flight yesterday, assuring a future of long-range, first-day-of-the-war stealth striking capability from the Navy's big-deck carriers. The first Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] F-35C Lightning II carrier variant took off from Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base at 11:46 a.m. and logged a 57 min flight.
- First Lockheed Martin F-35 With Mission Systems Arrives At Navy Test Site Lockheed Martin 07 Jun 2010 -- The first mission systems-equipped Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] F-35 Lightning II test jet joined the fleet at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Md., today.
- Northrop Grumman Wins U.S. Navy Engineering, Technical, and Maintenance Services Contract Northrop Grumman 07 Jun 2010 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Navy to provide engineering, technical and maintenance services to accomplish aircraft carrier maintenance and modernization planning, work package development and integration, and work package execution.
- IAI/ELTA Systems Awarded $33 Million (USD) in Contracts for Airborne Maritime Surveillance Radars (MSR) Israel Aerospace Industries 07 Jun 2010 -- Israel Aerospace Industries' (IAI) ELTA Systems Ltd. (IAI/ELTA), an IAI Group and Subsidiary, has been awarded several contracts worth $33 million from foreign customers for the development and production of the EL/M-2022A Maritime Surveillance Radar (MSR) for Maritime Patrol Aircraft.
- Rheinmetall Defence and Boustead joint shareholders in Contraves Malacca Rheinmetall Defence 07 Jun 2010 -- Rheinmetall Defence of Düsseldorf, Germany, and Boustead Heavy Industries Corporation Sdn Bhd of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, have entered into a strategic agreement for the joint ownership of Contraves Advanced Devices Sdn Bhd in Malacca.
- Hawkei takes centre stage at Eurosatory Thales 07 Jun 2010 -- Thales Australia’s next generation Hawkei Australian Light Protected Vehicle is taking centre stage at next week’s Eurosatory exhibition in Paris.
- Northrop Grumman to Upgrade Integrated Bridge Systems for Nimitz-Class Aircraft Carriers Northrop Grumman 07 Jun 2010 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) has been awarded a contract to provide Scalable Integrated Bridge Systems (SIBS) for five Nimitz-class (CVN) U.S. Navy Aircraft Carriers.
- SAIC Awarded Seaport-e Task Order by the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Dahlgren Division SAIC 07 Jun 2010 -- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) (NYSE: SAI) today announced it has been awarded a follow-on Seaport-e task order by the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Dahlgren Division to provide systems engineering and training analysis services to the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS). The single-award, Seaport-e task order, has a one year base period of performance, four one-year options, and a total value of more than $80 million if all options are exercised. Work will be performed at CSCS Headquarters in Dahlgren, Va., and at other CSCS Elements and Detachments.
- Sikorsky Aerospace Services Announces First Light Utility Helicopter Contractor Logistics Support Site Outside the Continental United States Sikorsky 07 Jun 2010 -- Sikorsky Aerospace Services announced today the first offshore Full Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) site for the U.S. Army’s UH-72A Lakota Light Utility Helicopter (LUH). This site is centrally located on the Marshall Islands in the Pacific Ocean. Sikorsky Aerospace Services is the aftermarket division of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
- Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General - 06/07/10 United Nations 08 Jun 2010
- S. Korea Can Never Evade Responsibility for Hideous Crime KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- South Korea making efforts to escape criticism of it mounting as the truth about the case of warship sinking being gradually brought to light.
- Russian experts finish look at probe of S. Korean warship sinking RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- Group of Russian experts left Seoul after completing assessment of the investigation into sinking of a ROKN warship.
- KCNA and Projected ROK War Maneuvers KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- The United States and the south Koreans are contemplating staging the largest-ever combined anti-submarine exercises in the waters of the West Sea.
- Israeli Navy Fires on Palestinian Divers Off Gaza, Killing Four VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- Israeli forces have killed four Palestinian divers that Israel says were heavily armed and preparing to carry out a terrorist attack.
- Statement from Vice President Joe Biden on Meeting Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak The White House 07 Jun 2010
- Biden, Mubarak Discuss Middle East Talks VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- US VP Biden met with Egyptian President Mubarak and said that both leaders reiterated their commitment to peace in the Middle East.
- Palestinian Voices Call for Unity, But Not Compromise VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- Israel's blockade of Gaza has become the focal point of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Abbas urges peaceful lifting of embargo on Palestinian Authority RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas: Peaceful methods should be used to lift the embargo on the Palestinian Authority.
- Hamas supports sending EU monitors to Gaza border - official RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- The radical Islamist group Hamas voiced its support for the return of EU observers to the Rafah crossing point on the border with Egypt.
- Turkey Calls on Israel to Accept International Probe VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- The killing of 9 people on a pro-Palestinian humanitarian aid flotilla by Israeli commandos is expected to come under scrutiny during summit in Turkey.
- Israeli Raid Dispute Threatens To Overshadow Asian Security Summit RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- Turkey's FM Davutoglu issued an ultimatum to Israel to accept an international probe deadly raid on a Gaza-bound aid convoy.
- Turkey calls for international sanctions on Israel RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- Turkish PM Erdogan called for international sanctions on Israel over its attack on the Gaza-bound Freedom Flotilla humanitarian aid ships.
- Iranian Authorities Prepare to Send Aid Ships to Gaza VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- Iran's Red Crescent Society will attempt to break the Israeli blockade on Gaza in the next few days.
- Iranian Red Crescent to send 2 humanitarian aid ships to Gaza RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- The Iranian Red Crescent will send two ships carrying humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip at the end of the week.
- Irish activists determined to return to Gaza IRNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Five Irish activists on board an aid ship carrying humanitarian supplies to Gaza are determined to go back despite being forcefully prevented by Israeli forces.
- YEMEN: Ongoing violence in north hinders IDP returns IRIN 07 Jun 2010 -- Hundreds of internally displaced persons sheltering in the Yemeni capital Sanaa fear returning home because of recent violence.
- Analyst Sees Internet and Mosques Radicalizing Young Somalis VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- A Somali-born US professor is blaming the radicalization of young Somalis on Internet exposure and indoctrination in mosques.
- Peacekeepers: Darfur Clashes Killed Nearly 600 in May VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- International peacekeepers say fighting in Darfur killed nearly 600 people during May, the largest monthly death toll in more than 2 years.
- UNICEF Pressing to End Recruitment of Child Soldiers in Central Africa VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- UN Children's Fund is pressing to end the recruitment of child soldiers in Central Africa.
- U.N. Congo Mission To Determine If 28 Killed Were Civilians VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- An official with MONUC: Investigation into the deaths of at least 28 people allegedly killed by the Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of Congo, or FARDC.
- Obama To Tackle 'Serious Issues' With Azerbaijan RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- US President Obama promised Azerbaijan that Washington will treat its dispute with Armenia as a top priority.
- Moldova Welcomes Russian-German Initiative On Transdniester RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- Moldova's PM has welcomed a joint Russian-German initiative to step up efforts aimed at solving the two-decade conflict.
- 3rd Session of 12th SPA Held KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- The Third Session of the 12th Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK took place at the Mansudae Assembly Hall on Monday.
- Jang Song Thaek Elected NDC Vice-Chairman KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Jang Song Thaek was elected vice-chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK at the 3rd Session of the 12th Supreme People's Assembly.
- Han Kwang Bok Appointed as Vice-PM and MEI KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Han Kwang Bok was appointed as vice-premier of the Cabinet and concurrently minister of Electronics Industry at the 3rd Session of the 12th Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK.
- Jo Pyong Ju Appointed as Vice-PM and MMBI KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Jo Pyong Ju was appointed as vice-premier of the Cabinet and concurrently minister of Machine-Building Industry at the 3rd Session of the 12th Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK.
- Jon Ha Chol Appointed as Vice-PM KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Jon Ha Chol was appointed as vice-premier of the Cabinet at the 3rd Session of the 12th Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK.
- Kim Rak Hui Appointed as Vice-PM KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Kim Rak Hui was appointed as vice premier of the Cabinet at the 3rd Session of the 12th Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK.
- Ri Thae Nam Appointed as Vice-PM KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Ri Thae Nam was appointed as vice-premier of the Cabinet at the 3rd Session of the 12th Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK.
- Kang Nung Su Appointed as Vice-PM KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Kang Nung Su was appointed as vice-premier of the Cabinet at the 3rd Session of the 12th Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK.
- Choe Yong Rim Elected PM KCNA 07 Jun 2010 -- Choe Yong Rim was elected premier of the Cabinet at the 3rd Session of the 12th Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK.
- North Korea Leadership Shuffle VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- Kim Jong Il attended a special session of the country's parliament on during which his brother-in-law was promoted.
- Security Council extends mandate of UN body dealing with DPR Korea sanctions UN News Centre 07 Jun 2010 -- The UNSC voted unanimously to extend the mandate of the expert body dealing with UN sanctions on the DPRK.
- Iranian nuclear programme is 'special case,' says head of UN agency UN News Centre 07 Jun 2010 -- Potential military dimensions of Iran's nuclear programme make the country a 'special case' for the agency.
- Iran is 'special case' for IAEA RIA Novosti 07 Jun 2010 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency head described Iran as "a special case" because of its suspected nuclear weapons program.
- IAEA Chief: Iran's Nuclear Program is 'Special Case' VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency says Iran is a "special case" for the agency's monitoring teams.
- IAEA Meets On Iran As New Sanctions Loom RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- The UN atomic watchdog is starting a week-long meeting in Vienna, with Iran's controversial nuclear program at the top of the agenda.
- Police Say Organizer Of Unrest In South Kyrgyzstan Killed RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- Kyrgyz police: Man they described as a leading criminal allegedly linked to recent unrest in the south has been killed in a shootout between rival gangs.
- Suspected Snipers Detained In Kyrgyzstan RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- Kyrgyz authorities have detained 15 people suspected of being snipers who opened fire at antigovernment demonstrators in Bishkek on April 7.
- Senior Kyrgyz Interim Government Official Quits Post, Creates Own Party RFE/RL 07 Jun 2010 -- The Kyrgyz interim government's chief of staf says he has resigned in order to establish a new political party ahead of parliamentary elections this fall.
- Anti-Islam Politicians on Rise in Europe VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- Dutch voters go the polls to elect a new government.
- Secretary Clinton's Address to the Organization of American States General Assembly US Dept. of State 07 Jun 2010
- Clinton Urges Reform of OAS, Return of Honduras to Regional Grouping VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- US Secretary of State Clinton appealed for the urgent financial and political restructuring of the Organization of American States.
- Clinton Backs Return of Honduras to Full OAS Role VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has reaffirmed American support for the reintegration of Honduras into the regional body.
- Nigeria's Rivers State Beefs Up Security in Wake of US Travel Advisory VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- The United States recently issued a travel advisory, warning American citizens to avoid certain parts of Nigeria, including the Niger Delta.
- US Vice President Biden Visiting Kenya VOA 07 Jun 2010 -- Washington has been one of the foremost voices in urging Kenya to implement key political reforms promised after the country's 2008 post-election violence.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|