26 December 2006 Military News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 26 Dec 2006 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Navy Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Soldier killed by roadside bomb near Baghdad
- Two Soldiers killed by IED near Baghdad
- Reconnaissance Mission Ends in Vehicle Rollover
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Dec. 26 AFPN 26 Dec 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Dec. 26.
- Three Insurgents Killed, 10 Detained in Iraq AFPS 26 Dec 2006 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces killed three insurgents and detained 10 in Iraq over the past three days:
- Pakistan Announces Plans to Fence and Mine Border with Afghanistan VOA 26 Dec 2006 -- Pakistan has announced plans to fence and mine sections of its frontier with Afghanistan to help prevent cross-border raids by pro-Taleban militants
Defense Policy / Programs
- Strykers shift to high gear in Grafenwoehr Army News 26 Dec 2006 -- Mud, rain and cold challenge every Soldier who trains here. But as troops from the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment from Vilseck challenged themselves, moving from individual to platoon-level live fire training, they proved that U.S. Army, Europe's newest has what it takes to overcome anything "the Box" at the Joint Multinational Training Command can bring.
- Lincoln Ahead Of Schedule Navy NewsStand 26 Dec 2006 -- USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) left the dry dock on Dec. 18, ahead of schedule and under budget becuase Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility (PSNS & IMF) cut the time of ship tank maintenance by more than half.
- Boxer Upgrades Weapons Training Navy NewsStand 26 Dec 2006 -- For the first time, Boxer incorporated U.S. Army and civilian law enforcement technology into weapons training Dec. 12.
- Press Gaggle by Scott Stanzel The White House 26 Dec 2006
- DoD News: Contracts for December 26, 2006
- LOCKHEED MARTIN RECEIVES $635 MILLION CONTRACT FOR THE MODERNIZATION OF TURKEY'S EXISTING F-16 FLEET Lockheed Martin 26 Dec 2006 -- The U.S. government awarded a $635 million Fixed Price Incentive contract to Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] on Dec. 22 to upgrade the Turkish Air Force's existing fleet of F-16s.
- US Defends Ethiopian Action in Somalia, But Urges Restraint VOA 26 Dec 2006 -- The United States said Tuesday Ethiopia has genuine security concerns in Somalia and has intervened at the request of that country's legitimate governing authority
- Islamic Fighters Retreat In Somalia VOA 26 Dec 2006 -- Witnesses in Somalia say Islamist fighters have retreated from front-line positions after coming under heavy attack by government and Ethiopian forces.
- Ethiopian Troops Advance Towards Somali Capital VOA 26 Dec 2006 -- Ethiopian troops Tuesday were heading towards the Somali capital as Islamist fighters retreated from the front line following Monday's bombing of two airports by Ethiopian forces.
- Palestinian Rocket Attacks Test Truce with Israel VOA 26 Dec 2006 -- Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip have fired at least four rockets at Israel, including one that hit a major city
- Chadian Peace Accord Dismissed By Some Rebel Factions VOA 26 Dec 2006 -- Two Chadian rebel groups signed an agreement Monday to combine their forces to continue fighting government troops
- Sudan Endorses Joint AU-UN Peacekeeping Force in Darfur VOA 26 Dec 2006 -- Sudan's president has told the United Nations he endorses a plan for a joint U.N.-African Union peacekeeping force in Darfur.
- First group of UN advisers to be deployed in strife-torn Darfur 'in the next few days' UN News Centre 26 Dec 2006 -- The first group of United Nations police advisers and military officers will be deployed in Sudan's strife-torn Darfur region over the next few days, the UN said today, after agreement was reached in talks with the Sudanese Government and African Union (AU) that paves the way for the eventual deployment of thousands of peacekeepers.
- NEPAL: Maoists continue to violate peace agreement - activists IRIN 26 Dec 2006 -- The Maoists' continued violation of Nepal's peace agreement is a serious concern, say human rights groups.
- Georgia to continue border delimitation talks with Russia in 2007 RIA Novosti 26 Dec 2006 -- Georgia has encountered difficulties at talks with Russia on the state border delimitation and will continue talks throughout next year, the foreign minister said Tuesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|