327th Military Police Battalion (Confinement)
The 327th Military Police Battalion (Confinement) is one of only two Military Police Confinement Battalions in the entire United States Army Reserve. The mission is to Mobilize and Deploy to a Theatre of Operations; Provide command, control, and staff planning of assigned elements.
The 327th MP BN(CONF) is located at the Arlington Heights Army Reserve facility (Ft. Arlington). It relocated there following the closure of the reserve center at Chicago's O'Hara Airport.
During World War II guards of the 327th Military Police Escort Guard served at Camp Livingston, a prisoner of war camp located in Louisiana.
The distinctive unit insignia was approved on 7 April 1953, consisting of a shield blazoned: Vert, two fasces in fess Or. Attached below the shield a Gold scroll inscribed "SAFETY AND SECURITY" in Green letters. The colors are green and gold for Military Police. Fasces, first carried by the lictors of the consuls of the Roman Republic as a symbol of duly constituted authority, are considered particularly appropriate for use by the Military Police organizations. They represent the World War II battle honors of Rome-Arno and Naples-Foggia as well as the Battalion's function of maintaining law and order.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|