Find a Security Clearance Job!

Military




210th Fires Brigade
210th Field Artillery Brigade
"Controlling the Best"

The 210th Fires Brigade was first constituted on 4 January 1944 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 210th Field Artillery Group and activated on 24 January 1944 at Camp Maxey, Texas. The unit was inactivated on 26 January 1946 at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey.

The unit was redesignated on 17 September 1958 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 210th Artillery Group, and allotted to the Regular Army and activated on 15 October 1958 in Germany.

It was redesignated on 15 March 1972 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 210th Field Artillery Group and again on 16 September 1980 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 210th Field Artillery Brigade. The unit was inactivated on 15 April 1996 at Fort Lewis, Washington.

It was redesignated on 30 November 2006 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 210th Fires Brigade and activated in Korea. Concurrently the 2nd Fires Brigade was inactivated and its personnel reflagged. The 210th Fires Brigade consisted of a Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 6-37th Field Artillery, 1-38th Field Artillery, and the 702nd Brigade Support Battalion. On 16 November 2006, the 579th Signal Company was assigned to the unit, and in December 2006, D Company, 1st Battalion, 38th Field Artillery was reflagged as F Battery, 333rd Field Artillery, becoming a separate target acquisition battery in the Brigade.

In September 2007, the 702nd Brigade Support Battalion was reflagged as the 70th Brigade Support Battalion, which remained assigned to the 210th Fires Brigade.




NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list