3rd Brigade, 100th Division (Institutional Training)
The unit was constituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 325th Engineers and assigned to the 100th Division (later redesignated as the 100th Infantry Division). It was organized in December 1921 with Headquarters at Huntington, West Virginia. (Location of Headquarters changed 27 October 1931 to Charleston, West Virginia)
The unit was redesignated (less 2d Battalion) 23 February 1942 as the 325th Engineer Combat Battalion (2d Battalion--hereafter separate lineage) and was ordered into active military service 15 November 1942 and reorganized at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, as the 325th Engineer Combat Battalion, an element of the 100th Infantry Division.
Following the war the unit was inactivated 14 January 1946 at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey and was redesignated 15 October 1946 as the 325th Airborne Engineer Battalion, an element of the 100th Airborne Division. The unit was activated 20 December 1946 with Headquarters at Williamson, West Virginia. (Location of Headquarters changed 5 December 1947 to Huntington, West Virginia)
The location of its Headquarters changed 12 May 1949 to Charleston, West Virginia; on 28 April 1950 to Wheeling, West Virginia.
the unit was reorganized and redesignated 12 May 1952 as the 325th Engineer Combat Battalion, an element of the 100th Infantry Division but was again reorganized and redesignated 17 July 1953 as the 325th Engineer Battalion. (Location of Headquarters changed 23 April 1954 to Fairmont, West Virginia)
The unit was disbanded (less Companies A and B) 17 April 1959 at Fairmont, West Virginia (Companies A and B--hereafter separate lineages).
Headquarters, 325th Engineer Battalion, was reconstituted 24 November 1967 as Headquarters, 3d Brigade, 100th Division (Training). It was activated 26 January 1968 at Lexington, Kentucky.
On October 16th, 1996 the unit was inactivated at Lexington, Kentucky but was later activated 16 November 1996 at Huntsville, Alabama.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|