During pre mobilization, the 1st Battalion, 518h Regiment, augments Ft Jackson Basic Combat Training (BCT) capabilities through Drill Sergeant Partnership Programs and Annual Training in Echo Company configuration while preparing for post mobilization missions. On order, under post mobilization conditions, this unit will conduct Individual Ready Reserve Refresher Training under the command and control of the 1st Brigade (BCT), our regular peacetime trace with a secondary mission of Basic Combat Training when required.
The unit was constituted 15 July 1946 in the Organized Reserves as the 518th Parachuted Infantry and assigned to the 108th Airborne Division. It was activated 6 August 1946 with Headquarters at Charlotte, North Carolina. (Organized Reserves redesignated Organized Reserve Corps 25 March 1948.)
The unit was redesignated 28 February 1951 as the 518th Airborne Infantry. It was reorganized and redesignated as the 518th Infantry and assigned to the 108th Infantry Division 1 March 1952. (Organized Reserve Corps redesignated Army Reserve 9 July 1952.) It was relieved from the 108th Infantry Division 30 April 1959 and redesignated as the 518th Regiment (Basic Combat Training).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|