April 2009 - Taiwan Special Weapons News
- Taiwan Granted Observer Status at WHO Body VOA 29 Apr 2009 -- China has dropped long-standing objections to Taiwan participating in the World Health Organization's annual assembly.
- Taiwan invited to attend World Health Assembly CNA 29 Apr 2009 -- President Ma announced that Taiwan has been invited to take part as an observer in the upcoming World Health Assembly.
- Taiwan to launch on-board flu checks on flights from America CNA 28 Apr 2009 -- Every flight from America that arrives in Taiwan from April 29 onward will be subject to a strict on-board screening procedure.
- Taiwan sets up command center to counter swine flu CNA 28 Apr 2009 -- Department of Health set up a central command center to prevent a possible swine flu outbreak in Taiwan.
- Taiwan inks three pacts with China to strengthen cooperation (update) CNA 26 Apr 2009 -- Taiwan and China signed three pacts and one joint statement here Sunday through their top negotiators, with the aim of strengthening cooperation between the two former civil war rivals
- Taiwan chief negotiator arrives in Nanjing for talks with China CNA 25 Apr 2009 -- Taiwan's chief negotiator with China, Straits Exchange Foundation (SEF) Chairman Chiang Pin-kung, arrived in Nanjing Saturday morning on a mission to seal three agreements and one joint statement with China
- Cross-strait talks set to deliver new breakthrough (roundup) CNA 25 Apr 2009 -- Top negotiators from Taiwan and China will meet in the central Chinese city of Nanjing Sunday to seal three pacts and issue a joint statement, which are expected to deliver new breakthroughs in relations across the Taiwan Strait
- President Ma urges U.S. to sell Taiwan more arms CNA 22 Apr 2009 -- President Ma called on US to sell more arms to Taiwan, saying that such a request is justified and the arms sales will help maintain balance.
- MOFA to release first white paper on foreign aid policy in May CNA 21 Apr 2009 -- MOFA: Long-awaited "white paper" on foreign aid will be released next month.
- Third round of cross-strait talks to open April 26 in Nanjing CNA 17 Apr 2009 -- A third round of talks between the top negotiators of Taiwan's Straits Exchange Foundation (SEF) and its Chinese counterpart, the Association for Relations Across the Taiwan Straits (ARATS) , is set to open April 26 in Nanjing, high-level officials from either side of the Taiwan Strait announced Saturday
- Nanjing talks to touch on principles of opening to Chinese capital CNA 17 Apr 2009 -- A vice chairman of the Cabinet-level Mainland Council Affairs (MAC) said Saturday that the upcoming third round of talks between the top cross-Taiwan Strait negotiators on both sides will only address the general principles of allowing Chinese investment in Taiwan
- MOFA toughens rhetoric on North Korea's rocket launch CNA 06 Apr 2009 -- Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs toughened its rhetoricover N Korea's firing of a rocket over Japan.
- Taiwan gravely concerned about Pyongyang's rocket launch: MOFA CNA 06 Apr 2009 -- Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed grave concern over North Korea's firing of a rocket over Japan.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|