Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
July 2012 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- Eighth Army charts revolutionary mission change Army News 31 Jul 2012 -- The U.S. Army's top operational headquarters in South Korea is charting a revolutionary mission change as the U.S. military shifts its focus to the Asia Pacific region.
- Minju Joson on Projected U.S.-South Korea Joint Military Exercises KCNA 31 Jul 2012 -- The U.S. and south Korea announced that they would kick off Ulji Freedom Guardian joint military exercises across south Korea on August 20.
- DPRK Will Answer U.S. Moves for New War with Sacred War KCNA 31 Jul 2012 -- The army and people of the DPRK will answer the U.S. moves for a new war with a just and sacred war to firmly defend the dignity of the nation and put an end to the history of division.
- DPRK Will Take Corresponding Measures against Terrorism: CPRK KCNA 31 Jul 2012 -- The Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea issued the following statement.
- FM Spokesman on at U.S. Anti-DPRK Smear Campaign KCNA 31 Jul 2012 -- A spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the DPRK issued the following statement.
- Reactor Shutdown in South Korea Raises Blackout Fears VOA 31 Jul 2012 -- As northern India suffers another problem with widespread power outages affecting hundreds of millions of people, there are concerns South Korea that it could also face blackouts in the coming weeks.
- US, ROK Marines begin artillery training USMC News 27 Jul 2012 -- Republic of Korea and U.S. Marines conducted a bilateral artillery live-fire July 18 in Tonghyeon-ri, Republic of Korea, during the Korean Marine Exchange Program 12-7.
- Deputy Secretary Carter Delivers Remarks to Troops at Camp Humphreys DoD 26 Jul 2012
- Readout of Deputy Secretary Carterís Visit to the Republic of Korea DoD 26 Jul 2012
- Carter Visits DMZ, U.S. Troops at End of Asia-Pacific Tour AFPS 26 Jul 2012 -- Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter got a close look at some of North Korea’s forces and spoke to some 300 of the U.S troops stationed in South Korea to deter them.
- Carter Visits South Korea, Last Stop on Asia-Pacific Tour AFPS 25 Jul 2012 -- Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter arrived here today for the last leg of his 10-day Asia-Pacific tour.
- North Korea Deploys Attack Helicopters Near Sea Border RIA Novosti 24 Jul 2012 -- North Korea has placed several dozen combat helicopters near its sea border with South Korea.
- KCNA Commentary Double-Standards Are Not Acceptable in Punishing Terrorists KCNA 24 Jul 2012 -- The U.S. and the south Korean regime are pretending ignorance of the recent attempted state-sponsored terrorist act which stunned the world.
- South Korean President Apologizes for Graft Scandals VOA 24 Jul 2012 -- South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has apologized to the nation for corruption allegations facing his brother and some of the president's top aides.
- S. Korean Warmongers Plan to Hold Military Exercise in Forefront Areas KCNA 23 Jul 2012 -- The First Army Corps of south Korea plans to stage a huge military exercise in the forefront areas including Phaju and Koyang of Kyonggi Province.
- South Korean Broadcasting Official to Visit Pyongyang VOA 23 Jul 2012 -- The first private South Korean citizen authorized to go to North Korea since the funeral of Kim Jong Il is to arrive there Tuesday.
- KCNA Commentary South Korean Terrorism KCNA 23 Jul 2012 -- The south Korean regime is trying to conceal its attempted heinous state-sponsored terrorist act.
- Rodong Sinmun on Terrorist Case KCNA 22 Jul 2012 -- South Korea is employing a sleight of hand to pretend ignorance of hideous terrorist act against the DPRK.
- Rodong Sinmun on State Terrorism by US, S. Korea KCNA 21 Jul 2012 -- Recent press conference with a man who was engaged in the terrorist actions against the DPRK.
- KCNA Commentary on S. Korean Terrorism KCNA 21 Jul 2012 -- Explicitly speaking, this is another despicable smear campaign against the DPRK the south Korean regime kicked off.
- S. Korean Army Plans to Stage Military Drill KCNA 17 Jul 2012 -- The 5th army corps of south Korea announced that it would stage a drill in Cholwon, south Korean Kangwon Province and some northern areas of Kyonggi Province from July 16 to 20. Its aim is to establish combined defense posture, according to Yonhap News of south Korea.
- Rodong Sinmun On Japan-S. Korea Military Coop KCNA 13 Jul 2012 -- The General Security of Military Information Agreement which Japan is working hard to conclude with the south Koreans may disturb regional peace and stability and create a catastrophic situation.
- Secretary Clinton Remarks at the Top of a Meeting with Korean Foreign Minister Kim and Japanese Foreign Minister Gemba US Dept. of State 12 Jul 2012
- US-ROK-Japan Trilateral Joint Statement US Dept. of State 12 Jul 2012
- Rodong Sinmun Demands Dismantlement of S. Korea-U.S. "Combined Forces Command" KCNA 12 Jul 2012 -- The United States should make a bold decision to dismantle the south Korea-U.S. "Combined Forces Command".
- CPRK Secretariat Accuses S. Korean Regime of Bringing Inter-Korean Relations to Worst Phase KCNA 12 Jul 2012 -- The Secretariat of the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea issued an indictment accusing the Lee Myung Bak regime of bringing the inter-Korean relations to a collapse.
- Seventh AF commander addresses incident near Osan AB AFNS 11 Jul 2012 -- The 7th Air Force commander held a press conference here July 8, 2012, regarding an incident between Osan Air Base's town patrol and Korean citizens in the Songtan entertainment district.
- S. Korea-Japan Military Tie-ups under Criticism: Rodong Sinmun KCNA 11 Jul 2012 -- The south Koreans staged a joint naval drill with the United States with the involvement of Japan's "Self-Defence Forces" for the first time in the southern waters off Jeju Island in June.
- U.S. Forces Accused of Treating S. Koreans as Criminals KCNA 10 Jul 2012 -- MPs of the Osan U.S. air base in Kyonggi Province treated south Koreans as criminals on July 5.
- DPRK People Vow to Destroy S. Korean Regime KCNA 10 Jul 2012 -- The Lee Myung Bak group of traitors in south Korea again insulted the dignity of the DPRK supreme leadership.
- Pak Jong Suk's Family Enjoys Happy Life in Pyongyang KCNA 10 Jul 2012 -- A KCNA journalist went to the house of 66-year-old woman Pak Jong Suk to learn about her family's living. Pak had returned home after being taken away to south Korea, allured by its agents.
- Late S. Korean Dictator's Daughter Seeks Presidency VOA 10 Jul 2012 -- South Korea's Park Geun-hye has formally launched her campaign for president of the country her father, the late Park Chung-hee, once ruled with an iron fist.
- Minju Joson on Arrest of Ro Su Hui KCNA 08 Jul 2012 -- They took Ro to Phaju Police Station in Kyonggi Province and are questioning him.
- S. Korean Authorities Applies for Warrant of Arrest of Ro Su Hui KCNA 08 Jul 2012 -- The south Korean authorities applied for the warrant of arrest of Ro Su Hui, vice-chairman of the South Headquarters of the Pan-national Alliance for Korea's Reunification (Pomminryon), on charge of violation of the "Security Law".
- S. Korea Stages Landing Drill KCNA 02 Jul 2012 -- South Korean elements waged a large-scale landing exercise on July 1.
- DPRK Woman Interviewed upon Her Return Home KCNA 01 Jul 2012 -- DPRK woman Pak Jong Suk was interviewed by Korean and foreign reporters.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list